What have you done to your car lately Veeky Forums?

What have you done to your car lately Veeky Forums?

I just took a few minutes and some alcohol wipes and cleaned up the bay of my shitbox celica.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iC7i-VSqIqs?t=18s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Replaced control arms on my e46. Putting coilovers on this weekend. I have a really quick valve tick that pops up randomly in 3rd at around 3krpm, so I'm going to take a look at that this weekend as well.

pic related is before

What kind of height are you going for with the coils?

I might drop it a half inch. The rear one are blown which is the main reason I'm replacing them. I don't want to go "oil pan on speed bump" height.

Looks heaps better

Buy some degreaser then power wash that shit

Looks good, and yeah, I agree with get some degreaser and it'll make it look even better

Tried a coolant flush on my own for the first time on my old Dodge.
Had a heck of a time because the first time I drained the radiator I got almost a gallon of fluid out. Then I filled it with distilled water and ran the engine with heat on high etc etc until I poured a little over a gallon in there.
After waiting for it to cool I open the drainage again and only get out less than half a gallon.
So I filled it up with more distilled and ran it again, repeat.
Then drained it again and got out more than half a gallon of much clearer fluid.
Then I just said fuck it and filled the reservoir with 60/40 coolant and the radiator with 80/20 and called it a day.
Gonna monitor it and use a tester on it after driving it for a while to make sure it's all mixed up real good.

did you clean your camera lense?

Got my new foglights in. Got all the harness stuff tested and ready to hook up. Just waiting for my new steel bumper with brushguard so I can install it. Not sure how I want to put the cable through the firewall yet though.

What vehicle?

I did that as well

Just an old sidekick.

I'm impressed it's still running. You don't see them too often. I bet its a fun vehicle

It's unkillable and goes about anywhere you want. Usually the electronics are pretty solid too but I had like three sensors and switches fail on me in the last few months. They were the originals from 20 years ago and had never been replaced. Some were OOP but I was able to pillage everything I needed from a pick'npull for cheap. All EGR and AC related stuff.

Try proper engine cleaner on can & a dish washing brush & a toothbrush

Installed a front mount intercooler

Replaced the throttle body on my Corsa. Previous one had a massively worn throttle linkage causing a lot of slack on the pedal. Now it's as tight as it can be.
Save for the usual minor fixes of a recently bought car, good news is it only had minor bumps, the chassis is untouched save for a minor rust spot in the underbody, in pretty good shape for a 23 year old car. Next big plan is replace the dogshit feeling power assisted rack with a manual one.

Its very subtle

Why is everything sideways
Reee

Changed in fresh windscreen wipers.

l want a garage :(

Gave the bay a wipe down again, installed the upper strut bar. I'm starting the timing belt today because I've been a lazy sack of shit who pushed his luck as far as he wants to go. Also a oil change while I'm at it. Might change the valve cover color from blue to red since I'll have it off anyways.

Debating on getting FSwerks exhaust system.
youtu.be/iC7i-VSqIqs?t=18s

What's the dealio on that chain m8?

transmission swap

and I side gapped my spark plugs

New flywheel too

replaced the crushed upper and lower engine mounts/transmission mounts.

i decided to go for full poly instead of rubber, and holy shit does it transfer a lot more vibration at idle.

but it keeps the engine from rocking around in the bay, and im all about that.

Retrofits. Wanted better light when I drive at night and hated the way aftermarket lights looked.

Sounds kinda raspy. And nasty, but in a good way. I always like seeing your car get posted, by the way.

I thought about which car I'll but in a couple years when I'm done school and have a job... does that count?

Finished painting the back half off my efftoofiddy. Three coats of por 15 should keep the rust away for a little bit, it'll all be covered in fluid film anyways.

Did you put it on thick enough to close up all the bolt holes?

I covered you're mum in a fluid film last nite mate

Thanks, Exhaust is on hold though. I'm still going to get it, but I'm going to push it back a month.

Mate, watch some ammo nyc videos and come back to me

Painted my valve cover

Engine swap plus clutch, water pump, timing belt, both clutch cylinders, and a whole bunch of little stuff. And that was just last weekend.