How do you prevent people from denting your car?

How do you prevent people from denting your car?

I ride the bus, just like the rest of Veeky Forums.

Never leave the house

Sleep in your car

I make the first move, just slam your door into their car.

I park as far out in the lot as possible, with as many "open" spaces around as possible.

See, women are the most notorious "car door dingers", and women will also park as near up to the building entrance as they can... going so far as to idle their car blocking the parking lot drive lane as they WAIT for a spot to be vacated, usually by another woman.

Figure the building.
Figure there are Radius lines radiating out from that building.
Now figure that 1/3 of the lot spaces on the nearest radius line are mostly female drivers.
The second middling 2/3 radius line of lot spaces is going to be mostly aggressive beta-males.
Now I'm out at/or beyond the 3/3 radius line in the parking lot "no mans land", and preferably parked next to a curb or a "lot island" where there's tree/shrub so that only 1 side of my vehicle is a target the other side being "protected" by a curb of a tree/bush island.

Following this I have never had a door ding

I put spikes on my car so if someone opens a door into my car they stab into their door and it gets stuck.

Move away from third world countries like the US to a place where people actually respect others' property.

Park in the back and walk another 100 feet to the store

Park in Bumfuck Nowhere's Land. If there's ever a spot farther away that's against a curb (so only a car could park on 1 side) I park there. I don't fuck with walmart, I'll park retardedly far away from everyone

Does anyone else experience vehicles parking right next to you despite many other open and closer spots? Holy shit it pissed me off.

This.

I can also confirm as an experienced cart pushing wage-slave that 90% of all shopping cart dents occur in the first 1/3 radius.

Never park next to the corrals either, because idiots will simply fling metal baskets toward it and walk away as they miss and dent multiple cars.

here in south jersey I get a dent every time I leave the house.

I usually park as far away from everyone else as possible, and when I get out to my car theres a pack of wild faggots who park around me.

I bought a pristine ranger, beautiful metallic blue, no dents in the body at all. I was proud and happy as fuck.

a month later and its peppered in little dents here and there. Im about to start taking a tire iron to the cars that park around me regardless of if they actually were the perpetrators or not.

Yes, it's so fucking dumb. We have lots of space but parking right next to someone normally means one of you can't open one side of your car doors fully. Are they trying to make that happen?

Car spots are like urinals. The only reason you stand next to someone is because it's your openly option. Always leave gaps when possible.

this

End spot in the far back of the lot.

MAKE SURE TO PARK AS CLOSE TO THE CURB AS POSSIBLE.

Holy fuck, this describes what I do perfectly

1. Park as far way from entrances, walk ways and anything else people like. The further you are from someone the better your odds. (common knowledge)

2. Park with non-interesting obstruction to the passenger side so the driver doors can't get you. Curbs work well. Remember, every car has the driver door open, but not always the passenger, so it lowers the odds. (my secret, I trust you wouldn't go telling people)

>3. Wrap car in bubble wrap before leaving.

>park my car as far in the lot as I can
>come to a car today
>somebody thought it would be a good idea to walk on my car for some reason
>now my hood is all scratched
i fucking hate people

What 3rd world state do you live in where people walk all over cars?

Are you sure it wasn't an animal?

>What 3rd world state do you live in where people walk all over cars?
Czech Republic, but I'm in Moravia now, so... yeah

>Are you sure it wasn't an animal?
I'm pretty sure, unless there's an animal that wears shoes,

>Park all the way in the back at walmart
>Come back out shortly to find my pure car surrounded by filthy, paint-peeling, dry-rotting minivans surrounding it like some sort of Mexican gang-rape

Kdyz ti slapal po aute tak musel byt ozralej, no. To je jasny

Doesn't make me any happier tbqh.
The thing is- I've lived in Prague for 2 years and nothing's happened to my car there even tho there was a lot of drunk people quite often. I've been here for like 6 months and this is second time somebody's fucked with my car.

Not sure if smart or just autistic

i just get over it.. who cares?

I can confirm the only time someone has opened the door into my car WHILE I WAS SITTING THERE was a fucking woman, I immediately hopped out and gave her shit but I let it go cause there wasnt a scratch.

by driving a shitbox

I drive my "beater" DD anywhere there might be shitbirds who slam their doors into other cars. It has enough dings and scrapes that I wouldn't notice a new one, but I park far out anyway.

>metallic blue ranger
>dents intensify
Are you me?

i was sitting in my car alone in a parking lot on a windy day with my foot hanging out the open door and some brotruck comes along and parks RIGHT by my open, precarious door and the wind got it and my door hit THE RUBBER ON BROTRUCK'S WHEEL WELL and buddy proceeds to act as if this is somehow my problem

fuck people, man

It's your door, it is your problem.

>tfw my mom deliberately slams her door into anybody she parks next to that's a truck, large SUV, lifted, or has a bumper sticker she disagrees with
>tfw one day domeone caught her slamming her door, asked her to stop, and she took a shopping cart and started slamming that into his car then drove away
You avoid it by parking away from people, not living in cities, and avoiding anybody with a billion bunper stickers on their cars

except not.. that would be like saying if he drove up and knocked the door off the hinges it's the doors fault for being thre

What, I crashed into you? Your problem, faggot. Hope you got insurance.

>getting mad about people who give a shit when you hit their car
Alright friendo
>inb4 it's just a car

I just simply don't give a fuck about bodywork.

Haven't clean any car in years.

I kill everyone who parks next to me

I pushed carts for a little. Worse incident was a cart had blown across the lot and the bottom got stuck under the bumper and the bottom of the basket scratched the shit out of the lady's hood. Felt bad for her but shit happens. After living in Wyoming I'm more worried about wind throwing debris at my car than other shoppers.

i ride a motorcycle so i usually just park up on the side of the building anyway. With my 86 ranger i don't give a fuck about the body so i just park it wherever

i have to repair the foglights on my harley from careless car retards

>motorcycles are not immune

damn man, on my bike i legitimately bypass the parking lot entirely and park up on the walkways as close the whatever building is there, i've found 90% of places dont give a fuck

This has to be a woman herd mentality thing. Every single woman I know, including all the women in my family, will park next to other vehicles when there are plenty of open spaces.

If there were 8 open spaces in a section and 1 parked car they would park next to that one car.

Get out.

Nothing.Nobody can seem to dent my truck by just hitting their doors against it.Gotta love 60's American steel and the patina'd paint.I only cared when it was polished,took a day of waxing,washing,detailing just to get some shine back on it.

I have to drive an extended f250
So this is already a habit for me mostly out of fear of being the guy that dents other car

dont drive it

or if you do drive it dont park it

and if you do park it dont let it out of your sight

>and women will also park as near up to the building entrance as they can
fuck my wife does this. She will actually spend more time and effort driving around the lot looking for a "close space" that it would take to park and walk the extra 50-100 feet.

>cart pushing wage-slave

We only hired retards and old guys for that job.

I park next to nice cars because I know they won't damage their door with mine.

At home, I share the parking with a tenant but their dumbass kids will ding my shit so I'll place a slim motorcycle tire next to my door.

dont park your car anywhere but your driveway, i rarely go out and park in public lots only time i do is at like 3 am when the idiot normies that love dings are awake, going anywhere from 5am to 9pm in nyc youre gonna have your car damaged so usually youll see me running errands at like 11pm i go to target to get groceries and i still park way in the back but nobody comes to shop because they close at 12 so my car is safe

>dont park your car anywhere but your driveway,

Please fuck off loser

>park next to an expensive car. 9 times out of 10 its a white collar dude scared of anything affecting the resale of his merc cls and not an air headed rich girl
>AVOID ANY MPV/SUV/CROSSOVER
>park at the end of a row and give enough space so that you can swing your door wide open
>always park perfectly in your spot or some douche will open their door or key your car just because two other cars were parked perfectly over the line causing you two do the same between them and now they've gone you look like an absolute cocksmoker

to*
extra bonus round:
>carry traffic cones in your car and put them in the spots next to you

THIS

Walking an extra few hundred feet is good for you anyway.

Break her legs

I don't know where you people are going with all these empty parking spaces.

This is the only correct reply. I follow this to the book and I havent had a door ding since I started driving.

It's a car with shit visibility thing. The other car makes it easier to line yourself up than faded yellow lines you can't even see. Most people don't want to put effort into parking and many recent cars have godawful visibility, especially for backing (it looks kewl), so they just line up next to each other.

Theoretically men shouldn't have to because we're spatial awareness gods and can follow the yellow lines without seeing them, but no, guys do that shit all the time

Also: some parking lots just don't have any fucking lines, at all. Eventually, someone's going to take a tiny pseudo-space. You want that pseudo-space at the end, not somewhere in the middle.

>Always park far away or in odd areas away from where i need to shop
>Someone always parks next to me i feel
>always check to see if there door dented mine by doing a follow through on their door
>If dent is apparent I let my steel for lay waste on the plastic

The fucked up thing is that isn't even the worst thing I've done to a car that has damaged mine

So true it hurts.

>occasionally drive around with gf or just some female friends
>park really far away from the ridiculous grid lock that is near the building
>they complain about having to walk further
>even when we're in the mall, they dont want to walk to the other end, they want to get in the car and park at the other end of the mall

Can't women fucking walk anymore? None of my bros have ever bitched about walking but every woman does.

Saw this last week..

This

Alternatively drive an old shitbox with thick gauge steel that wont dent easy and a fucked paint job that doesnt matter.

This threat reeks of virginity.

dis user reeakz of no gud grammer

I know, thats why I refuse to comment in this threat. Because I've had sex. With a girl.

what about it?

There are like so many numbers in it that it made me regret for not taking my physics classes.

What is a "radius line"?

kek

If guys do it chances are they don't know how to set up their mirrors.

Another cart pusher here, it's honestly the comfiest job in retail
>get to walk around all day and not stand in one spot
>get to pull sik drifts with lines of carts
>maneuvering huge lines pushed by the robot cart is a fun pathfinding game
>free Gatorade in summer
>free hot chocolate in winter
>don't have to wait for breaks, you can take them when you have time
Only downside is bathroom cleaning and spill cleaning. That includes vomit and shit in the aisles.

>not putting your cart back in the corral

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no respectable white people do this, always white trash, niggers, and mexicans. Too lazy to walk 20 feet

Did the cuck not get her license plate?

"asked her to stop"? I would of been like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"

What the hell is wrong with your mom? There's no way she can keep getting away with that. She's gonna get sued or do it to the wrong person and really be in trouble

Fuck i am literally in the same boat
>civic dies unexpectedly
>parents buy me 01 ranger xlt
>pristine inside and out
>so thankful for amazing little truck
>treat it like my child
>1 month after parking in college lot
>dings all over
It hurts

I'll smash the pussy any day but please god not my car. It doesn't deserve such disrespect.

Also the only people hung up over virginity are super religious or underagb&.

you have effectively no control over other people's actions. You do have control over your own, though, so you can just stop caring about dumb little shit like dents and scratches that do not affect the actual operation of your vehicle.

>park at the back of the lot with no one around in a 25m radius
>make sure car is within the lines to not give someone a reason to key it
>come back to see a shitbox minivan parked 1mm away from the driver's door of the car in a sea of empty parking spaces

i dont care. my cars a piece of shit anyway

And that folks is the real reason to equip your mall crawler with rock rails. Then it's her car that gets dented up.

I remember way back in like 9th grade I had a friend who just randomly walked up a riced out integra and dented the hood

Hit them before they hit you
>our/their nuclear strategy for 50+ years

yeah I don't park on campus I park in the residential streets like 1mile away, since all the surrounding neighborhoods have 2-hour only parking...

someone did that to may car.. it was a $3000 repair

i was very sad

i park my car in such a way that if they open their door so that it comes in contact with mine, they slam it in to my side steps, which have steel tubes on them

Park as far away as possible from anyone

walking the length of two football fields of parking lots > dents

Does not work. Have been hit by a drunk bicyclist while sleeping in my car

>college in south jersey
>doing that would require a literal mile of walking

What's wrong with walking a mile, fatass?

..have you considered becoming a policeman?

>car next to me parked too close
>gently open door and keep it held against their side as I get into my car

Does anyone else do this? It's the only way I can think of to avoid accidentally dinging someone's door

Get in the other side

Not when cars are parked too close on both sides. I park in a tiny lot for work that's empty in the morning and completely fills throughout the day.

Stop driving a pigfat car

Don't park near Toyotas.

>What is a "radius line"?
Well... since you're unable to visualize radius line radiating out from a single focus, I've made a simple chart.
In pretty colors.
So even the women and autists can understand.

It's the social equivalent of pic related.

Fucking infuriating.

I parked with LITERALLY 7 spaces available on each side of me. What the fuck are you doing here, asshat?