Fuck, 89 Toyota 4X4 22re 5speed

Fuck, 89 Toyota 4X4 22re 5speed

Everytime I turn the key to on or attempt to start it the efi fuse blows, swapped from a 15 fuse to a 20 fuse and still pops instantly. Thoughts?

How bad do the electrics look in general?

Your wiring is fucked and you're asking for a bigger problem by using a bigger fuse

Replace the fuse with a direct wired connection

Pull a wiring diagram and check the circuit for shorts.

The fuse is there to protect the wiring not the system, by putting a higher rated fuse just allows current flow past the current limit of the wire and thus going to smoke some wires causing you even bigger headaches.

Lol. You've had it for what, two weeks? "I bought a piece of shit and love it"

Fucked, someone has niggered something in here.
I love my trash asu-chan

Time to do the most annoying of car troubleshooting, the electrical gremlin. Good luck man.

Looks more like mexi-engineering than afro-engineering.

Well there's house wire ran off the battery and capped with electrical tape so possibly.

I only put the 20 in to make sure I didn't have a bad box of fuses, I'm thinking it's gotta be grounding out so if I find the efi wires I'll just trave them till I find a bad one right?

Usually components are not the cause af a short, wiring is. Look where the harness goes over the fuel rail. I've seen several short out there causing shorts on different circuits depending on which wire rubs through. Also look at the harness going to the O2 sensor. I've seen these end up on the exhust, melt the wires together and blow the EFI fuse.

Interesting. I just read that same piece word for word on a 4X4 forum, not copy pasting to sound smart are you my friend?

might as well, nobody reads shit i write anyway

Aww I love you user-sama, I'll always listen to you.

right on, good luck with the truck br/o/

Hopefully I'll get it done tonight, It happened the day after new exhaust so the 02 will be my first check.
Tfw she comes alive again

it's there to protect both.

A broken fuse means too much current flowed through it. There's probably a short circuit somewhere.

>swapped from a 15 fuse to a 20 fuse
Don't fucking do that jesus christ

I was testing it koon

>I was melting all my electronics
fixed it for you

A "system" is a bunch of wires and or semiconductors, which are generally far more sensitive than a coated copper wire from the harness. The fuse is ABSOLUTELY there to protect whatever system it's connected to.

If OP has a problem with his EFI fuse, then he should get a multimeter and start checking continuity of all the wires with the body. If you find a short somewhere then there is your answer. Also check the resistance of the injectors and see if they are damaged. If the resistance is zero or you get nothing then the injector is dead and you will have to replace those in addition to finding out what is wrong with your EFI system.

>Fuse blows
>HURR JUST UPRATE IT LOL

Put some 0000 gauge wire in there, it'll start first time every time.

CHECK YOUR GROUNDS!

He said to a semi certified electrician like he has a clue what he's talking about.

>semi certified
kinda pregnant
:3

I worked 440V on cell towers, I had a few classes

My mate does that, he came home with an eye full of metal shards last night when a transformer exploded at ground level

i got bit by some 440 on a lathe some asshole said he locked-out a few years ago, i still have a scar on my knee where it exited. can i be semi cert too?

add yota yard nation on facebook. ask the actual toyota enthusiasts.

Yupppppp

>has had some form of training
>inserts bigger fuse
>has no idea what could be causeing the problem
I'm going to guess that working with electricty is a former job for obvious reasons.

That's good bruv thanks
Made 18 an hour
Now make 24
Still work with 440

I think it's obvious why I left you Kentucky fried koon

>still work
maybe you should not, for your own safety.

Yeah putting a bigger fuse in was really stupid. Especially the EFI system. inb4 toasted computer and all that shit.

You have a short somewhere. Fix it or run new wire to all EFI components.

is it running yet?