Tfw fell for the "Hyundais aren't actually unreliable" meme

>tfw fell for the "Hyundais aren't actually unreliable" meme

Mine had 220000 on the odi when I sold it. Only had to replace the clutch.

220000 feet?

Mine's been giving me shit since I rolled over 75k. Likes to randomly stall when stopping for a red light/stop sign despite me replacing/cleaning all the potential problem components and lately decides it randomly doesn't wanna start

>start car cold and drive to gym
>be at gym for about an hour, go to start car
>lights turn on, radio turns on, AC turns on, starter clicks once and engine doesn't start
>wait like 5-10 minutes
>car cranks and starts normally

2002 accent owner here

>59,000 miles
>Timing belt snaps, engine through sheet luck doesn't grenade
>Fix it
>61,000 miles
>Fuel injectors 1 and 4 stop working for no apparent reason
>Fix it again
>64,000 miles
>Window wiper motor catches fire
>Fix it again
>71,000 miles (now)
>Been sitting for 3 months, handbrake off, in a dry garage
>Handbrake shoes swell, gets stuck on, car can't move

It's for sale if you've got $300

New Hyundais aren't that bad.
>2002

and there's your problem.

Anything since the revamp is fine. Stop being a nerd.

When was the revamp?

I know somebody's whose genesis had a blown engine at 60k miles

I've heard of Honda's, Toyota's, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, literally every manufacture all needing engines way before that. Engine replacements at 60k miles are pretty common in the Subaru world.

That's why you lease something shitty like a Kia or Hyundai and give it back before it gives you any serous issues.

All manufacturers have their lemons, the difference is how many

What if Hyundai suddenly started making all of their economy models RWD?

they would still be underpowered and boring shitboxes.

They would be shit, but RWD.

Then they would be more expensive shitty cars with RWD

They would be shitty RWD econoboxes that get worse em pee gees

parents have a 2015 Tuscon with 25k miles on it already.

they road trip, and drive a LOT

zero issues.

>25k miles

Wow that sure is a lot.

>25k miles
>Thinks anecdotal evidence means anything
>Tuscon
I didn't know girls browsed Veeky Forums

>front wheel drive "SUV"

What's the point?

2007? 2008? Not sure if I'd call it a revamp but they did a complete overhaul on their entire philosophy as a company.

sister drives some older green hyundai, has over 200000km on the clock and it doesn't have any mechanical issues. but the interior gm tier, everything's falling apart and suspension is very uncomfy.

>tfw 2001 Elantra was still kicking after 220,000 on the dash and only ever had to do minor repairs less than $200 at a time over the span of months to years between.
Only reason I finally got rid of it was because it got rekt on 95 because some grown ass man was texting and swerved to miss a tire and slammed me.

should have mentioned that the car is barley 5 months old. was bought late last November, so 25k is a lot for such a short time frame.

the thing will be out of warranty in 3 years, we'll see how that goes.

I should also add that a friend of mine has a 2014 veloster with 31k, no issues.
another friend of a friend bought a 2015 tuscon as well, 10k miles, no issues

that's most cars these days. call it AWD, but its not all time awd. even fucking subaru with their shitty cvt are no longer all time awd.

i did drive a fwd only, and awd tuscon, and it does engauge the rear under 20mph, which was great for snow, and hard turning.

the ride in the tuscon is much better than the 2014 escape too. the escape a ton of drive train noise. the cabin was not well insulated, and engine vibrations were more prominent.