>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

OLD

I want Vampire Chan to suit on my face!

Rollan!

Accidently posted in ded thred

Does anyone else autoresolve their way through the chaos invasion?

Especially as the VC I have a really hard time bringing down doomstacks of chosen, chaos knights, and 4 headcanons per stack. Even when the odds are 75% in my favor I'll lose 3/4 of my army fighting armies with less than 500 guys in it. If those battles were fun at all I would actually play them. I wish chaos armies had more infantry instead of 1 lord, 2 heros, 4 cannons, a unit of infantry and the rest cav.

What have you done to get in the Big Book /twg/?

>Tomb Kings still not announced

remake this with the alluring vampiress mod so she actually looks halfway decent instead of a wrinkled frowning granny

Beastmen rollan!

>Veiny tits

You can't autoresolve a lot of stuff as VC because your units count for crap in autoresolve. Blood Knights and fliers are your best bet for the annoying WoC units, giants are probably going to be your biggest concern though.

What are some nice must-have UI and graphic improving mods for medieval 2?

>Estalia still not announced
>Estalia will never be announced

t-b-h her ugly features make her cuter.

you can select towers and give them order.

What le fuck?

REPOSTING from old bread

So I just had a battle where THORGRIM fought my level 1 vampire lord leading an army, and he was reinforced by ungrim

Their army comp was weird

Ungrim brings

x5 Cannon units x1 Grudge thrower
x4 gyrocopters (Thank god with steam and not brimstone)

x1 slayers
x1 long beard GW
x1 dorf warrior with great weapons

Thorgrims (lv29) is

x3 Grudgethrowers
x2 gyrocopters (steam guns)
x3 thunderers
x1 long beards, slayer, dorf warriors with great weapons
x2 Qllers

My lineup was a full end-tier vamp lineup

x4 grave guard
x4 grave guard /w great weapons
x4 Blood Knights
x1 Wight KANG
X1 vampire only with Invocation of nehek
x1 vampiress
x4 crypt horror

Ungrim enters from the left, thorrgim is positioned on the right. Ungrims 6 cannons will tear me up so I need to kill them before he repositions. Cue the charge of the blood knight brigade. 6 cannons focus firing wipes out one of my bloodknights to a quarter strength, and savages another. I manage to charge just before they unleash another volley and mop up all the artillery with my WIGHT KANG and the blood knights. However, Slayers, Dorf Warriors with GWs and Ungrim all manage to savage my blood knights before I disengage.I make the long return to my main blob to help them out with artillery, and am thankful that Ungrim will take a while to reach me

now

x4 blood knight units with

I never do that except when finishing off armies. The game is at it's best when epic showdowns happen, and they're too rare to auto-resolve.

what happens when I run out of ammo

Goblins+Trolls.

You didn't know? It's great for taking down the towers you want to, if you can't take them all.

>Summer of 2469
>"Operation: Consent" has been launched along river Reik
>Helstorm batteries burn down portion of Drakwald forrest while Dwarfen gyrocopters rain napalm on retreating Beastmen
>it smells like burning shit and piss
>I ain't no Elector Count's son starts playing
Middenland was hell, they came at us from trees and shit. I lost my entire platoon up there. I still have nightmares.

>We still have to wait until spring 2017 for the announcement of the mew Total war game

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

So right now I'm obviously panicking because Ungrim + all the remaining infantry is slowly marching over, my hammer is completely destroyed (blood knight units are getting harassed by gyros but have traded all their HP for destroying enemy artillery).

However, thsi sacrifice WAS in vain because my infantry has just got butchered. The AI smartly snagged my big infantry blob on a couple of units that took very long to go down, and the x6 gyrocopters and thunderers had their way with my unshielded units

I popped an invocation of nehek but panicked and placed a spirit leech on thorgrim, to little noticeable effect. I coudl have comfortably won the battle with another overcast invocation but was not thinking straight. This cost my my entire grave-guard AP units and left me with mainly the sturdier crypt horrors and shileded GG (but they also would drop to mass-gyrocopter fire.

At this point, all the dorf infantry is dead HOWEVER, thorgrim is holding my blob at bay whilst I struggle to scratch him and even more terrifying, Ungrim is approaching.

I charge my level 1 vamp lord into combat with Thorgrim and manage to get another invocation of Nehek off, this keeps many of my units in the fight. Eventually, I decided I have to use my Wight KANG to suicide-charge ungrim and prevent him from entering the melee by knocking him down.

This buys me enough time to rout thorgrim and kill him, and I manage to finally get another overcast Nehek off, bringing two of my blood knights to half strength and giving me some meat to take on Ungrim with

One of the most exhilirating battles I've had against an extremely unorthodox army composition.

I have to give a shout out to the better AI recruitment mod because I've never had battles like this before. (Also using mousillionbros mod, that shit is awesome)

>The pistoliers just switched between taking a break and firing from horseback for the entire battle.

Fucking rich kids.

>I want to be dominated by a best elf!
Is she hiding behind the horse or something?

tl;dr not your blog

Do runes count as abilities or spells towards going for the Jack of all Trades achievement?

Fuck off, he's on topic.

He's just sharing some stuff, you prick. I enjoyed reading it.

Oh, shut your trap.
At least he's posting something relevant to the game.

rollan baby

RRRRRRoll

Gyros are really underrated honestly

The brimstone variants are flat out disgustingly good against VC

I feel what the Dorfs need is for their two very specific "ranged flankers" (irondrakes and trollhamer torpedo variants) to be buffed

Because honestly, out of all the factions that currently exist, Dorfs rely so much more on terrain/map RNG to allow their AP ranged units and arty to work their magic.

More elevation, more depression and terrain features for the dwarfs to really use to their advantage. A range boost for their cannons would be nice to give them an advantage over doom divers and empire cannons too

Squids fucking when? I wouldn't mind paying a DLC pack for it

Why not play as the real Kangs instead?

Vampires? In MY backyard???

Dark elves have a sea monster with lots of suckers. That do anything for you?

Aint fun to have your skin cut off and being forced to eat your own genitals before you eventually get chopped up and fed to Cold Ones.

Speaking of Dark Elves, who is most likely to be their LL choices?

Malekith maybe, but who else?

Morathi, duh.

What do you lads think of public order penelties as difficulty goes up?

I've been thinking about using a mod that removes that aspect, feels like enough of a clusterfuck with higher difficulties as it is.

Morathis a chaos plant by 8th edition tbqh famalamadingdong.

I wiped my ass with the big book.

for people who play the Vampire Counts in the Beginning of the End Times how to you do it? the minute you take your skellies out you start going into a deficit.

His mother, of course.

CA will start out with the female skeletons when they release the Brettonia freeLC, with their damsels and Morgana le Fey as their 2nd LL.

Can't wait for skimpily clad witch elves on the battlefield.

Really not enjoying my very hard Vampire campaign right now. Expanded over all Sylvania and one other settlement because corruption and thus public order straight up restricted me from going any further.
And so I just improved my settlements for 50 turns. Then I took two provinces from the Empire factions, and was again stopped by province management. So I made peace with the Empire proper who had blobbed up a ton, and sat on my ass for another 20 turns or so.

Tilea came up through the Border Princes and declared war on me, calling in the Dwarves. Dwarves fielded no armies, I sacked two of their settlements and made peace with them.
Tilea I conquered down to the bottom of border princes.

Meanwhile the Empire was completely exterminated by Chaos, pre-Archaon.

And then Archaon popped. And I have Kemmler and Mannfred down in Tilea with only a third stack and walls on every province to resist Chaos. Which seems like it'll be enough. Even though their chosen spam wins sieges really easily.

Overall I just feel far too restricted to be enjoying myself.
Expansion is completely restricted by public order, as caused by a lack of Corruption(the attrition part I don't mind).
Military is restricted by the Vampire's abysmal economy.

Good timing

Damsels are already present m8.

Malekith and Morathi follow the warrior/wizard dichotomy they've been doing for most. I do hope Malus Darkblade makes it in later though, if only for the quests.

So what? She's still going to be the other LL.

roll for pre order

Kouran :^)

I can already hear the white knights going on about MUH OBJECTIFICATION and the angry neckbeards responding accordingly

Aint going to happen. Nobody cares about women being objectified within the Warhammer and Total War audiences.
The only people that will care are CA's censors avoiding certain ratings.

Nah. He'll be represented by a banner you can give Malekith's starting unit of Black Orcs, I mean Black Guard.

Enable the mousillion mod and faction unlocker and enjoy mate

Sylvania you are bottled in, whereas with Mousillon you can kill Bretonnia, expand down the South or expand into the Empire without ever feeling bottled in like you do in Sylvania. Start is difficult, but once you get your starting province secured (mass skelly - NOT ZOMBIE, autoresolve the siege for your first proince) then you are set to victory

Learn to love Lore of Vampires because your starting lord doesn't get OP death cheese that mannfredd gets

>implying Witch Elves will be included

>Nobody cares about women being objectified within the Warhammer and Total War audiences

Who said the white knights would come from there?

I'm not bottled in geographically or politically. I'm bottled in having to wait for twenty turns before I can move my armies out of a settlement.

It's the only place they can come from. Nobody else knows the game exists to the point that they'll care. You'll simply get a couple of girl gamers maybe yell from a distance. But they won't gain any traction because nobody cares because there is no reason to care.

Getting real tired of chasing cavalry with hounds. Is better AI recruitment any good?

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Yeah, you are bottled in Syvlania. You can only go North or West and you have to keep an army in Slyvania to prevent dorfs/orksies sacking it, so effectively you are restricted as fuck in what you can do.

Though desu even in my mousillion playthrough the playstyle was similar insofar you have to wait and really build up your provinces before you can support additional armies.

Learn to use the raiding stance as well, that cancels out any attrition you receive on the campaign map, and make sure to get your banshees ASAP and use their army block feature in conjunction with slow moving stacks to get kills on armies in the field

Mousillon is the perfect location for Vamps desu, Sylvania is horrid

I don't think they're supposed to start off with only 2k. I also think they're missing a lot of economic buildings and things like farms and ports are fucked. Trade isn't possible without diplomats, and they might be missing merchants as well.

You might as well give yourself an extra 8k at the beginning of the game, and buy those free granaries.

Ye, it's fantastic.

When chaos invaded I was facing ranks upon ranks of Chosen with GW, not 5 hellcannons and 2 hellhounds and marauder cav

If you want the AI's army composition to be easier to deal with, shouldn't it be the "worse AI recruitment" mod?

GOBLINS

What the fuck you stupid mountain living neckbeards

I heard one of those mods caused orcs to spam cav and norscans to spam chariots.

gogogogogogogo

better than spamming "savage orc arrer boys"

nomsayin?

I never had this issue though

You have to combine the better AI recruitment mod with the TIER 4 settlement mod that allows AI to build TIER 4 minor settlements so that they can build tech aand military buildings in minor provinces (because the AI doesn't know how to demolish)

Yes, you can only go north and west, until you go west slightly, then you can go south.

Bretonnian starts can only go South and East. They're actually bottled in more.
The only difference is you have a featureless ocean to your back rather than passive-aggressive stunted people. They're not really a threat.

I'm not stupid to the point that I don't understand army stances, and I've already said that I don't care about the attrition part of spreading corruption.

The only issue is how long it takes to set up public order with the combination of vampire corruption spread speed in conjunction with Legendary/Very Hard public-order levels.

Public order should be less impacted outside of corruption as vampires. Because the general result is that you need to build along two building chains to fix public order, whereas everyone else only needs one.

First Empire game? Gotta always expect each turn to bring the grudgeniggers down on you for no good reason.

I just think it's ludicrous they would get invited by Mousillon of all people.

Yeah, that's pretty wacky but they'd invite themselves to raze your settlements even had Mousillon not been there.

>Beastman
>bothering to wipe his ass

I think it would be more about the gesture than to actually pursue the action to proper hygienic standards of completion.

I guess so, but why not just shit on the book instead?

Because I assume one has certain preferences when it comes to covering things with your feces as an insult. Fuck knows man.

When I autoresolved my last battle against sigvald I lost ~500 of my 1700 strong army

I savescummed to replay the battle manually and only had 500 guys left when it ended.

I love the showdowns but only when the enemy army comp isnt retarded (like chaos armies are half the time)

To better spread the shit over the pages.

Roll

>Playing Warriors of Chaos
>Dealing with endless Norscan Horse Marauder units
>Dogs are only one speed unit faster until you research their upgrade
>Even then, take forever to catch them and usually are shaken, if not broken by the time they do
Only time (besides one-sided battles) that I always autoresolve. Fuck the Norse.

I HATE those mostly cav armies. I just finished off chaos for good (autoresolving lol)

Their army was sigvald, a single unit of chosen, three hellcannons, and the rest either chaos knights of marauder horsemen. It just isnt a fun battle to play, and there is no way to take less casualties than the autoresolve so I just suck it up and move on. Killing the empire is the real fun as VC anyways, and lucky for me the empire is still alive and decently strong so I have a fun end-game enemy.

>Killing the empire is the real fun as VC anyways
Empire always seems to get utterly annihilated by pre-Archaon Chaos invasions for me unless I intervene. My post-chaos VC campaigns always ends up being recolonizing the North and purging the Dwarves if they didn't get stomped by Greenskins.

I guess I lucked out then. Maybe its because once I took bechafen chaos was finishing up kislev and then tried to invade my lands. I fucked them up good one army at a time and the age of peace happened. The empire has 10 provinces now and are in 3rd place strength wise so I'm looking forward to crushing them once I figure out how to invade them successfully. I can only field 3 stacks at a time, and usually two are needed to work together while ne is left to defend the rest of my empire so it can be annoying when I try to lay siege somewhere and gelt decides to shit up the middle of my empire.

I wish the VC had better econ buildings. Thats all they really need to me better.

So I'm playing as Karl "The Man" Franz, and about the Rieksguard unit..... Is there any point in building them cause Demigryphs are better and they're only one building chain away.

I feel like Rieksguard are in a weird spot. You need specialized buildings for them, but those buildings are locked at Settlement level 3, yet the Demigryphs are at Settlement level 4, yet are better for only 300g more. Rieksguard are too far to be used early, yet too early to be of use in the late game.

Might as well just wait the 8-10turns and get the stuff to build Demigryphs, but maybe I'm too dumb and aren't seeing their use. Tell me /twg/, am I being dumb or do I got it right?

Build the Reiksfort in Helmgart to get the extra garrison units there.

Nope. demis are pretty much the end all-be all unit of cav in TW:WH.

I kept a reiksfort in reikland just for fun and unit diversity, and I would have one unit of them to use like a bodyguard unit for franz, but demis are better in every single way.

Reiksguard might be a bit faster, but I'm not sure on that.

Reiksguard are in a weird place in campaign. Emprie Knights perform the same task nearly as well and not requiring a dumb waste of a building slot. I try not to spam demis just to keep things interesting but keeping a core of Knights with demi support is just easier and less investments while still getting a decent return.

WE SHALL RISE

They are cool and their building makes for a nice garrison I guess. I build it in Helmgart for that nice pass defence.

>Empire campaign
>Dwarfs get fucked by Grimgor
>only filthy frogs to ally with against the double hordes of chaos + orcs

>VC campaign
>after some struggles manlets purge greenskins off the map
>alone against hordes of chaos + immense Dwarf empire trying to buttfuck me on every occasion for killing their pet manlings

Reiksguard are a shit ton better than Empire knights,Empire Knights are pretty much like light cavalry desu

>Immense Dwarf Empire
>Throwing money turn after turn at them just to keep them from invading as you kill off Chaos
>Age of Peace turns into 200 turns of purging massive Dwarven empire moving at a snail's pace in raiding stance through the mountains
Fuck Dwarves.

similar to my experience. Got even funnier when I played dwarfs

>play stunties
>busy killing greenskins
>by the time I'm done undead kill off every human faction except for tilea and empire, who only have 2 settlements left.
>mousillon killed all the frogs and own literally all of brettonia

Against other knights yes. But against infantry i have seen little differences in performance. Killing orc boys and marauders is just as easy for both. And hammering in the hammer and anvil doesn't require that much skill at arms either.

I'd rather have another greatsword than have my knights be reiks

Not the person you're replying to but I appreciate the leadership difference mostly.
Easier battles sure, knights will clean up as well as Reiksguard will. But in larger battles where you'll take damage from charge after charge after charge, or having to fight in melee for a little bit after the charge just to make double sure a unit breaks, Reiksguard vastly outperform generic knights.

Does anyone else make memestacks near the end of their campaign? I have a full stack of steamtanks with gelt and a full stack of demigryphs with karl and I just decided to roll into greenskin territory.

HERE COMES THE RAPE TRAIN. CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS.

Has the "Eye for an Eye" footage been released yet?

yes

total war has a youtube channel

>Warriors of Chaos campaign
>I killed everyone
>I even went back to Norsca and killed my vassals

inshallah