Trans Bubbles Growing noise

Hello Veeky Forums I have a 2002 Chrysler 300m and over a month ago I noticed a low growl coming from the front of the car that starts when I accelerate around 20mph and continues to get louder when the faster I go. The sound coincides with the speed. When I brake and the mph is under 20 the sound goes away

car stats
>143,000miles
>Had tires checked and balanced and rotated
>Checked wheel bearings (all good)
>Checked trans fluid and there were a lot of air bubbles and kinda smelled burnt
Recent work
>battery a few months ago
>alternator almost a year ago
>solenoid pack replaced a few months ago

Is my car kill?

Other urls found in this thread:

racine.craigslist.org/search/cta?max_price=2500
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5559694432.html
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5559698558.html
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5555663099.html
milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5555891677.html
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5544099638.html
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5536792829.html
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5549729170.html
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5542263372.html
racine.craigslist.org/ctd/5557306576.html
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5555092499.html
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5553542256.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your car was kill the moment it was built. Shut up and buy a civic.

super helpful thanks

>low growl
I think it's hungry user. Thats what your mom does when i dont feed it.

edgy

The trans is dying.

just shitposting. The trans is probably dying.

would flushing the trans fluid and putting some Lucas in there prolong the life hypothetically

bye -bye transaxle

So bear with my lack of car knowledge. Would a Trans rebuild be worth it for 900. I do not want to buy another used car and end up fixing it up agian

Trans rebuild usually like 3k when all's said and done, at least where I'm from. Unless you know who's doing it and trust em', I'd be extremely wary.

Not worth it. That "rebuild" is probably just a replacement from a junkyard which might work now but will break sooner than a remanufactured one, which is the kind you want.

It's time to shop for a new car.

Wow I'm surprised it lasted to 143k. Count your blessings op and buy something before the Chrysler shits the bed.

Probably true. One of those get what you pay for senerios

I have about 2500 saved up, I have a delievery job and I am open to car suggestions. I already looked at the picture in the sticky but am open to suggestions.

Post your local Craigslist

Toyota corolla with 160k miles or less

racine.craigslist.org/search/cta?max_price=2500

op here also forgot
>warped rotor

could that be the low humming noise?

Just drive to Milwaukee.

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5559694432.html

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5559698558.html

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5555663099.html

milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/5555891677.html

Probably just going to take it to my usual mechanic to get a legit diagnosis rather than guesses.

Got some options for ya:

Two Crown Vics for a decent price: racine.craigslist.org/cto/5544099638.html
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5536792829.html

95 Corolla, price is a bit high, but it looks solid.
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5549729170.html

02 Saturn SL, would be just above your price, but you could probably get it for 2500.
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5542263372.html

Very nice looking Camry, but just a few hundred above your price range:
racine.craigslist.org/ctd/5557306576.html

Another decent looking Camry:
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5555092499.html

Clean looking 04 Ion, if you just need a car.
racine.craigslist.org/cto/5553542256.html

Hope this helps.

I like that Lexus and Infiniti

Definitely helps user I feel most of these prices I can talk down a few hundred or less

I would like to think all the helpful anons. If thread doesn't die which probably will by tomorrow. Will update.

The Infiniti is just a nicer maxima. And that generation is one of the last good Nissans.

Damn I liked nissans too.

the only thing that throws me off is the sound goes away when I turn hard to the left which would from my knowledge mean a wheel bearing but my buddy says it looked fine when he took off the wheel and checked it. I feel like I'm in denial and I don't wanna lose this car lol

>he drives a chrysler

I cant believe these faggots are holding back. Its a fucking wheel bearing or an axle.

Somebody thread this shit .

i had this problem in my first car

which is that exact car
its the transmission its about to totally die on you
that car was a giant money pit and the worst financial burden i ever had

Is it pretty bad?

My non-car friend just bought one. Told him to buy a toyota or honda, dudes gonna wish he listened to me

op here. I have decided to drive this car into the ground. gonna change the trans fluid and change the rotors beside that forget it.

waste of money get a pre owned honda from the dealer.

Buddy had one of these. I agree its likely the trans. 3500 bucks and 2 months later, the timing belt tensioner pulley seizes and wipes out the belt. He didn't even fuck with it, threw it on Craigslist for parts and bought an Accord. Zero problems, best 20k he says he's ever spent.

driving around today and saw an 2000 accord coup for 2750

Avoid the accord with the V6 auto, There's lot's of cheap ones, and for a reason. those cars have transmission issues, Should be solid its a 4 banger or manual though

I have that same noise in my car. It believe it got louder after I changed the fluid. The bearings inside the trans are probably fucked in mine. May be the case with yours. It made a humming noise ever since I got the car back from getting the transmission replaced with a used one due to worn synchronizers, but I never thought anything of it. My fucking clutch was also replaced and it's been making a clacking noise when it is engaged for a while now (goes away when I press the pedal).

I'm really fucking mad now because this cost me a shit load of money and a long fucking time waiting for this fucker to finish my damn car (several fucking months). I'm past the 6 month warranty also.

None of the shit this mother fucker "fixed" fucking works now, including the fucking power windows which I fixed myself after fucking breaking again after not even a fucking year.

God dammit I'm fucking mad.

I bet it's the wheel bearing

well nevermind

weak man I'm fucking sick of dumping money into fixing cars. I just want something that will go at least six months before needing something. This Chrysler has been around every four months. Last things I replaced were solenoid pack and a serpentine belt.

took off the wheel checked it out everythings looks fine.

OP, did you look at any of the CL options?

Yes I did. Definitely dig the Toyotas. If my job didn't revolve around gas mpgs I would be tempted as fuck to buy those 08 crown vics.

I actually ended up spending hours looking at every car within a hundred miles on Craigslist. Leaning towards saving my money and going for any honda or toyota with 6cly preferably. doesnt have to six cylinder. Say what you want about the 300 it moves and drives pretty smooth but that could be because it was my first 6cyl car. other cars were 94 saturn (i miss you) 93 honda accord. and 99 infiniti g20.

Crown vic probably gets better mileage than that 300c

Its a 300m the 300c was after 02. My car gets 21mpg while I'm running around slinging egg rolls and fried rice.