/fog/ - Fallout General

TRAIN TRAIN Edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15968/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7718/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post asses

First for my reaction to Buffy's Piper.

xth for there's no such thing as a woman who doesn't cheat

First for Obsidian did nothing wrong with the ending slideshows.

>Are you a different user?
Yes, that's why the response was late.

They removed role-playing because it wasn't "cinematic" enough, and they didn't care about retaining fans as much as they did about dumbing it down even further.

It's a travesty that they've actually regressed from Fallout 1.

2d women don't!

Alright, Godzilla 2.0 out on Nexus. Fixes 99% of the bugs, adds new weapons, etc. Tried to make the fight more tactical and positioning based, attacks are more powerful but delayed and telegraphed, so it's a little more interesting than tower defense, more like a MMO raid boss.

Lemme know if there's anything I can improve on. Or features I should add

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15968/?

I loved them. Dunno why people were ticked off

I wanna make a cyborg body, but is there a popular body preset for males yet?

There a preset for that?

what the fuck did they use to make that body? doesn't look like your typical muscle body.

>why is that a problem

Because Fallout 3 railroads you into the main quest more than any other bethesda game besides Fallout 4, and if you left any part of the map explored or missed half a dozen quests, too bad, because the game is over.

There's plenty of people (i.e. MOST) who finish a Bethesda game's main quest within like 10--20 hours, because it's the 'main' quest, like the average game's story mode, and that's simply the first thing they do.

Doing that with vanilla Fallout 3 can fuck you out of like 2/3s of the game, because it just ends.

If it's not a heavily modded CBBE variant, the only other likely body shape that has defined muscles in the mesh would be Atomic Beauty.

not him, but that's atomic

I'm using JB though. Don't you use CBBE?
Preset is a WIP anyway. Want to tone down the thighs and butt.

always bet on waifus

I have separate bodies for each companion. Please link preset.

It's actually modified CBBE using skimpy clothes nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7718/

>Because Fallout 3 railroads you into the main quest more than any other bethesda game besides Fallout 4

This is wrong and you should feel bad.

You have a lot of freedom in Fallout 3. If I've missed sidequests and the like, it certainly wasn't because I lacked time.

If people choose to do the main quest first, so be it, but to blame it on the devs is fairly silly. I always treat games I play like I won't be able to continue playing after the end.

Now this looks _much_ better than before. I don't suppose there's a way to give part of a mesh a simple looping animation or something? I would love if the middle panels showed a kind of noxious swirl.

Yes, you can, but its rather difficult. Just give it a glowmap or something.

Why would you post a blank image?

I'll do a quick run through on it tomorrow. Remind me then.

clicky

>this is wrong

>set-up focused on your relationship with your dad
>vault escape only because of your dad
>first town you go to (unless you're actively avoiding where you're being pointed) you're greeted by the sheriff and the first dialogue option is asking about your dad
>"go to GNN to find out about your dad"
>"go to Rivet City to find out about your dad"
>"go to the simulation to find your dad"
>"go to the thing and help me purify the water, because I'm your dad"

>If people choose to do the main quest first, so be it, but to blame it on the devs is fairly silly.

Almost everyone chooses to do the main quest first, because the game pushes you to, and most people listen to the game.

A regular Veeky Forums poster who cross-references the wiki any time they come to a new area is not even 1% of the playerbase.

There's a reason the plot of 3 was find your dad, and the plot of 4 is find your son.

These are cheap devices to get people to care, and since Bethesda is lazy, they use them, and because most people are dumb, they work on almost everyone.

fuck off raven

Never.

Do we know if Bethesda is working on all of the settlement bugs?

I haven't picked this game up for a while because of it. Should I just get a different game and give up on this POS?

>want to travel with Veronica
>3 Charisma
>already with ED-E

fuck

>Almost everyone chooses to do the main quest first, because the game pushes you to, and most people listen to the game.

Come on, dude. Skyrim also has a main quest that the game pushes you to complete, but you are free to ignore it, like I did, and many others did.

>A regular Veeky Forums poster who cross-references the wiki any time they come to a new area is not even 1% of the playerbase.

I don't crossreference anything, I just do what I like and know that some games don't let you play after the end.

>These are cheap devices to get people to care, and since Bethesda is lazy, they use them, and because most people are dumb, they work on almost everyone.

It's true, but then again, dumb players have nothing to blame but themselves for being dumb.

everything you do looks awful

This actually does have a glowmap on it already. Maybe I just need to crank the strength up in nifskope?

>like I did, and many others did.

Again, you and "many others" are not even 1% of the people who played the game.

>It's true, but then again, dumb players have nothing to blame but themselves for being dumb.

Bethesda is to blame for dumbing down their games with each successive release. They cater to the majority, and the games suffer for it.

Also Piper's hand gestures are unnatural.

why is Shaun always a weird chocolate baby regardless of the parents' skintones?

because black male nate with white nora is canon

Is Daughter of Ares done yet

I never understood why they hated jesus so much

it is because he was black?

I would like this,

Crank up the emittance in Material Editor

Cause she cheated on you with a black man.

Good job scouring the wasteland for your wife's son.

it's getting pretty close, i think it's just texture shit now

KKK used it to intimidate. More of a "god won't save you from us"

It was originally done by religions glorify god but like with Hitler and the buddhist manji it was corrupted into something evil by whites.

>corrupted into something evil by whites.

Oh fuck off Jamal. Whose computer did you steal to get on here anyway?

kill yourself

>in Material Editor
Yeah, this is what I meant to type, only just realized I said the wrong thing :P

Does the order of the textures entries in nifskope matter? I have it currently at diffuse, normal, specular, blank, blank, glowmap, because that corresponds to the order in the material editor (with the two blanks being for the greyscale and environment map textures, respectively). One tut said that having gaps in the texture list can cause problems, but I haven't had any crashes yet.

Your race is a pox on this planet. Good thing you're now down to 15% of the global population. Your people will be gone in

>>corrupted into something evil by whites
But this is true.

hover over the drop-down arrow and it'll tell you what goes where

Any good alternatives to KAT? Wanted to download a few western movies because of NV and now I can't. :/

Pirate's bay, Limetorrents

Megaupload is kill
MEGA is shit
KAT is dead
The Pirate Bay is a shadow of what it once was

what the fuck is left at this point?

What are you like 14 years old? Learn to download shit you fucking clown.

Post headcanons:
Nat is Piper's Daughter
Sarah Lyons faked her death
Legate Lanius' suit is Power Armor
Vulpes Inculta is a Synth

TPB but it's sketchy as hell considering how it was brought back. Most people ignore it because it seems like an obvious honeypot.

MegaUpload is coming back though

What's left? Hundreds of other sites to use as they all clamor for the top. KAT got to where it was in just a few years. It ain't that bad.

Fallout is just a big meme enforced by the rest of the world, which nuked USA and everyone is unaware the rest of the world is well and healthy.

rarbg

Everyone is moving to ZeroNet, TPB may do it soon to evade takedowns

Mega still works but the GB limit is bullshit

and KAT thought that they could trust on DMCA but Apple kicked them in the nuts

KAT fucked up by putting servers in America

Nat is developmentally disabled.
Cait is only 17 years old despite her worn appearance.
Preston is gay.
Danse has a small dick (like everyone in the BoS), and was molested as a child (like everyone in the BoS).
Curie is a buttslut.
Coursers are the primary synths used for sexual pleasure.
Strong had down syndrome when he was a human.
MacCready has anal fissures from all the dick he takes.

No-Bark is the Chosen One and The Courier is his son

The Great War was caused by a pair of Corvegas crashing in rush hour traffic, which in turn triggered a chain reaction and inevitably a retaliatory strike by the US

>Nate never actually joined the Brotherhood, just worked with them
>Nate was friends with Elliott Tercorien in the military
>Nate has an older brother who unbeknownst to him is now a ghoul living in Chicago
>Robo-Shaun can age
>Piper has unrequited feelings for Nate, who never loves again after Nora's death
>Years after the end of the main quest, Nate re-forms the CPG with the Minutemen as its military branch and they grow into an NCR-tier nation

>The Lone Wanderer eventually returns to Vault 101 after it opens its doors to the wasteland
>He marries Amata and becomes the Vault's security chief

>The Courier's mother was a prostitute and he has no clue who his father is, but he was actually an NCR soldier whose name is on the memorial wall in Boulder City
>After NCR victory, the Courier re-opens the Lucky 38
>He also becomes FWBs with Cass

All the Fallout games are pre-war simulations made by Vault-Tec. Talk about meta.

I can actually see that because cars go off like mini nukes when destroyed

I think it's more likely that a car ran into the nuclear power plant in the Glowing Sea and then after witnessing the explosion, the Chink sub fired it's nukes thinking his compatriots already did

Is there any gun in the series better than the AMR ?

>bloodletter bleed damage works on cars

does this mean synths are canonically prewar?

Are there any high ranking members of the BoS who don't use power armor? I want to do a BoS playthrough, but power armor is the gayest shit ever. Would it ever make sense for a paladin to just be walking around in sick armor instead of power armor?

>tfw will never be able to give KLE0 the rough fucking she desires

Medicine Stick with hollow points.

I am going into space!

So 10 Charisma 1 Intelligence is basically the Politician build right?

>Are there any high ranking members of the BoS who don't use power armor?
The Proctors don't wear PA (except Ingram, but she has to).
Lance Captain Kells doesn't wear PA.
The head of Logistics doesn't wear PA.
Maxson doesn't wear PA.

Pretend to be a scribe.
And yes tho that was more of a capital wasteland thing because supplies

I realize that those people don't wear it as you see them in game, but those people also don't run any combat missions.

That's sort of why I asked about a Paladin

But I'm gonna end up a paladin no matter what

I'm going deep sea diving!

Only if you name him Donald trump, Bernie sanders, Or Hillary Clinton.

Epik xD

>Will never demolish that synthetic ass

>Bethesda is to blame for dumbing down their games with each successive release.

For players who have not forced themselves through the buggy poor FO3 and FNV games.

They cater to the majority, and the games suffer for it.

And sell more games.

>Also Piper's hand gestures are unnatural.

And the smoke from cigarettes is bad too.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Degenerates like waifufags belong on a cross

Any way to have access to saving-at-any-time during Survival on F4?

>That flag
Anything sporting that many stars is a little too vintage for Fo4, excepting the stars and stripes bandana for some reason (i.e. Bethesda likes to shit on their own thematic consistency because lazy)

>Maxson doesn't wear PA
Only because most of the time he isn't in combat. During Airship Down, he comes out in his full T-60 PA sporting the unique BoS Elder paint job.

What color should this laser be? Green looks nice, but maybe orange would work too?

Cigarettes mod

Fucking Buff

Sauce?

>nat is piper's daughter
But that is canon.

Yes, but they're only used with no material. That is, if the material doesn't exist, the game defaults to texture data. Just use material.

>Danse
>Child

Continuing from Most, if not all, of the Institute's "technological breakthroughs" were co-op'd from a pre-war source. The Molecular Relay was either stolen from the Zetans or a damaged Big MT probe, Bioscience's research into rad immune vegetation was made possible through a GECK, the Synth Fabricator is basically a jury-rigged Auto Doc that prints people, Gen I/II Synths are streamlined Assaultrons, etc.
The Institute had once created groups of reproductive-capable Gen III Synths to help repopulate in the event of disease outbreak/ total underground societal collapse. Members of this group included A2-31 (Harkness), G5-19, X6-88 and M7-97 (Danse)
The Synth!Shaun you were given at the end of the MQ was patched with all the extra organic bits to make him a real boy. He grows up to travel with the SS, and eventually marries Nat

It's the Odin spacesuit from CoD: Ghosts. I still have to fix the weight painting.

Can I make Ubermensch with the synth fabricator mod?

No, you can make synths.

What's the highest SPECIAL npc i can scan then?

That's not even remotely fucking true, burning a cross was a way of signaling in the old Celtic tribes of the British isles.

did the celts hated jesus because he was black?

>Doesn't know about the ritual act of veneration
Lmao fuck off

The Children of Atom were formed by survivors of the Children of the Cathedral.

Where they once believed in the Dark God that would lead them to Unity, after the Cathedrals destruction they came to worship the power of Atom in the hope He will lead them to Division.

Burning the cross doesn't mean you hate jesus, like burning the flag means you hate america.

It's iluminating the cross, so everyone can see it. It's not about distroying it, it's about drawing attention to it.

Go on a battlefield, would you see a big misshapen + in a sea of 100's of people? Probably not. Would you see a big cross that's on fucking fire? Hell yes.

So what the fuck exactly causing the settler randomly changing appearance bug? I have the 1.0.4c version of the unofficial patch and this a fairly new character. I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent this or if I'm just shit out of luck

have you started collecting the countless brands of nuka cola yet?
why not?

get the latest patch version

Didn't Daughters of Ares get taken down when the author closed his account?