Wheeler Dealers

>Things you've learned from watching wheeler dealers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Um5mF9I4RQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you want to buy a used car you need a master mechanic who works for free to fix it up.

Don't sell my Japanese car to Mike.

if you vinyl wrap a vw bus with bubbly graphics some WILL buy it.

if you want to get your car fixed, have their attention

Shove a camera into a guys face until he agrees to lower the price then brag in font of him.

'O L D O U T Y E R 'A N D

That's still not in the Top 1000 worst rice jobs ever done to an RX-7

If he shakes your hand you've been jewed.

>we're gonna have a fun time

>Lowball like crazy

>Rice the shit out of cars

>Profit

Always lowball by about £4000

Always assume your mechanic can fix everything in 2-3 days tops.

A load of stuff from Edd but mostly I now feel I have to say "'old out yer 'and, you've just bought yourself a cracking..." whenever I've sold a car

I now know what a binacle is

I don't understand Britbong money but you can tell that he fucks some people.

Just do £*1.5 to get the rough $ price.

1 bong is about 1.5 burgers, and he's basically raping people with his prices

Actually they couldn't sell it so ed bought it.

Did my tie rods after watching one of them. Their trick about counting the turns so you put the new one in perfect alignment really helped. Did the same job on another car with less than stellar results.

Got more stuff like that kek'd like hell.

There is always a market for a half-ass restoration.

If you're thinking of restoring a car, always buy the best used car you can afford.

I don't think he rapes people.
He gets cheap cars, and maybe he gets them a little cheaper because its on the telly.
But cheap cars are out there if you look.

Remember the UK car market is different to the US market.
Every car has to pass an MOT test to be allowed on the road. Cars that the owner knows will fail (and can't afford or be bother to fix) are usually quite cheap.

I live in the UK mate, he's knocking 20-30% off the asking price and still calling the seller "cheeky". He's a huge cunt

I'm sure he gets a better deal because its for a TV show m8

he manages to get less because he pays in cash on the spot
but the discount he's getting for paying cash is still ridiculous

There is a thread on pistonheads where the guy who bought the mustang is talking about it.

>My son Adam found an ad online ( can't remember the site but Adam will prob join the chat soon and will hopefully remember). The ad showed a similar car and said it would look like that one when painted but you had to be filmed "buying" it on the Discovery channel so we twigged. After a few calls and emails we went to see it and the price agreed @£24,500 after they paid us £500 appearance fee.

£500 just to be filmed

What was the original asking price?

This. That guy's labour is not counted in their profit margins.

Yeah, but come on mate.
Its not really a show about making money from cars.

Its a shows that shows cool classic cars and how to work on them. The buying and selling bit is just so Mike Brewer has a job.

this episode

youtube.com/watch?v=4Um5mF9I4RQ

Asked 25k (they agree on the price before the camera apparently) then they give the person 500 quid for buying it on camera.

>I want 5
>how about 4?
>m8 you won't find a better deal anywhere elese, how about 4 and a half?
>how about 3?
>Alright, you've just bought yourself a cracking !

>It's not perfect and there are loads of little jobs to do, mainly inside but it needs a choke for the new Edelbrock carb and it's also running rich so needs tuning/rejetting. The indicator assembly in the steering column had been bodged years ago in the US before the car came over but it only came to light after we bought it so its not anything that the WD guys missed, it's just one of those things. These bits will be done over the next few weeks and loads of other silly bits will hopefully be sorted through the winter ready for summer next year.

Edd is a right conman that madman

I was wondering, is the sale of their cars real or just scripted?

i just said m8