/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #512 - Classic and Modern Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/262090-lego-dimensions-wave-7-packs-due-out-nov-18th-screens-boxart
youtube.com/watch?v=u1nQxH3kugg
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299808681
audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/energy_57084
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blaze Mania when?

>mfw this game ends with the main continuity reseting to adventure 1

Classic is the way.

>Classic Blaze design

I DON'T NEED IT.

I DON'T NEED IT.

I DEFINITELY DON'T NEED IT..

Can't wait for the release date for Sonic 2017 to be confirmed so I can make the OP with ROAD TO RESISTANCE Edition and shitpost BabymetalĂ—Dragonforce until the game launches.

gonintendo.com/stories/262090-lego-dimensions-wave-7-packs-due-out-nov-18th-screens-boxart

>The Sonic The Hedgehog Level Pack includes a complete level of Sonic The Hedgehog gameplay where players can race as the Blue Blur at lightning speeds through some of his most iconic locations including Green Hill, Emerald Coast, Labyrinth and many more. Players can build the Sonic the Hedgehog LEGO minifigure and use his Acrobat ability to swing off poles and avoid the Badniks, then use his famous grind rails move to make a quick escape. The pack also includes a 3-in-1 Sonic Speedster which can be rebuilt into Blue Typhoon and Motobug, and a 3-in-1 The Tornado which can be rebuilt into Crabmeat and Eggcatcher.

>Labyrinth Zone

Who /totino's/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=u1nQxH3kugg
More Mania gameplay, the guy really take his time to play it, but it's looking really good so far, still I'm waiting for some reviews.

More like Rush 3.

>implying it wont reset to the classic continuity, serving as a prequel to Mania

>Labyrinth Zone
Oh god

Outsider here. Did you guys like the new games announced?

What a total assclown of a hat.

Who all signed that?

I did.

asking here again.
Is Sonic adventure 2 on ps3 good? Didnt enjoy adventure 1 on pc. Some dude mentioned a betterdx patch but google gave me nothing

Mania looks great.

Generations 2 might be okay but who knows.

yeah, liked mania and 2017
and ok with the other stuff.

Fast Rush Mania N E O when?

>Some dude mentioned a betterdx patch but google gave me nothing
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299808681

BetterSADX is a mod for DX on pc, but if you didn't enjoy it then it won't make much of a difference.

2 is a better game overall, but no idea how the PS3 version is. Don't see why you couldn't just get it also on PC though.

The one thing I dislike about this picture is the fact that she obviously has cleavage.

>mfw last night actually happened
>mfw woke up to find it wasn't a dream
>mfw I missed an entire thread when sleeping

Holy shit someone please update me

Mania looks fun, we know nothing about Project 2017 although the darker tone and Pontac and Graff being out of the picture is a good thing

It really does feel so surreal that we have 2 new games after months of nothing

I liked Chris's mom.

But Cream's japanese VA is annoying, holy shit.

I fucking wish they'd put some game gear stages into this.

>Bridge
>Jungle
>Sky Fortress
>Sunset Park
>Sleeping Egg
>Aqua Planet

well the ps3 version is on sale for like 3€ and I dont enjoy playing platformers with keyboard

mania looks great
2017 looks promising too but i'm a bit salty they decided to go down the fake nostalgia wanking route with it even though they are making a proper "classic" game

Sonic Mania and Not-Sonic Geneations

2 is a fucking chore for most of the run. Then you have all the clunky gimmicks that will kill you off.

I'm just happy to see modern Sonic display an expression that isn't smug cunt.

Mania looks like a pretty solid Classic Sonic game, which is good. Disappointed that when they said there was something new for Modern fans, only for Project 2017 to feature Classic Sonic anyway.

That enemy with the ball shield looks like it'll be annoying as fuck.

the trailers are there in thread header

fuck this faggot, that's all

Fair enough, though you could just use your ps3 controller with your pc with scptoolkit

I was here during last night, but I went to bed and I don't know what happened after that.

Seems alright, so far. Really can't tell much without playing myself. I'm hoping for a demo, but that's really unlikely.

>filters

Just like these fuckers

>Bridge
>Jungle
>Marble
>Labyrinth

Man, Sonic 1 really had some great, diverse levels. I also enjoyed Green Hill and Final.

So when are we gonna get an Amiibo line of Sonic Figures?

Amy is so cute

shame about the voice tho

>Go to sleep happy after seeing all the news
>I didn't have any dream related to it
I'm actually really disappointed of my brain

Mania looks great, nobody wants Generations 2.

We would if the games we just saw were exclusive.

Cream is better.

>nobody wants Generations 2.
I want it.

Cream has shit taste. Vector has great taste.

Congratulations, you're a nobody.

>if you like six year olds

Man, the crowd cheering yesterday sounded like theyt were in a a rollercoaster

don't want to buy another console, hopefully my pc can run them.

How much is this in animal years?

>THAT comic

Amy looks like she's wearing white flats.

I love how they cheered for the Not Yet Rated sign on the announcement trailer.

Six years old.

Guess I'm a nobody too!

Fan of blobfeet I See

And proud of it.

>those legit yandere eyes on Amy

Creepy.

No, it's 51 human years for a rabbit.

I would like to hear more of Cream's new voice in the next game if she is in it. I like her new voice more.

I guess that confirmed it was a game, before that all they said was "project"

Generations was really just a one time thing, I'd rather not them do it again, even with a different story/setting. especially when were already getting the classic love with Mania.

saying that, if we get a game as enjoyable as gens, I can live with it. It's something we know they can get right.

>new
>you now realise the current voice cast have been around for nearly 6 years

GUYS
I don't know if you already noticed it, but there are 3 egg robots, really similar to the final boss of Sonic 2 too.
Generations had 2 Sonics, and with that 2 Eggmans, what if the third eggman came with another sonic?
What if the other Sonic is Boom?

>meguka
>not Cure Peace Cream

Stop.

>That Sonic Dash trailer dubstep
In case anyone ever wondered
audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/energy_57084

I would storm up to Iizuka's face, slam my fist on his table and tell him that I wouldn't mind, and it'd be nice to see what he can do with it.

I personally think they're mass produced, but who knows.

Holy shit I never caught that, it would be hype if boom played like adventure. Not a SA fan but it would be better then his original gameplay

>I personally think they're mass produced, but who knows.
A weapon to surpass Metal Sonic....

Don't get me wrong, I think there is valid criticism about them putting Classic there, but what do you want me to say? I had a real blast with Generations, and taking that into account and how I didn't even know if they were gonna put down Modern before the party started, or how they could have come up with something really bad, I'm pretty fucking happy.

>mfw all that preventive damage control Sonic Stadium did on the time leading up to the party about how it was obvious they weren't going to do anything with Modern.

I've been trying work out what city is that based on.
it look european
red pavements
cant pin point those bridges though

i dont know what im more surprised at, sega using stock music, or you being able to recognize and locate stock music

CUTE!

What? EVERYBODY uses stock music. Licensed music is expensive.

It was the safest option to take and I feel it is the best chance they have at righting the ship set astray. I am totally down for something way more ambitious after this, though.

And even then, we still have no clue moving forward what the game will actually be like anyway. Stressing that it is not a sequel feels like something else other than just the levels changed.

yeah but they could've just used music from the app or something, i dunno

For me it looks like some fusion between escape from the city and apotos, not just one level in specific.

Based on how catastrophically badly Sega handles contracting people to write music for their games, they probably don't actually legally own the music in Dash. Hell, they had to pay for Green Hill Zone's music for Generations.

Boom gameplay good in theory, but fucking brutalised in execution. I'd be up for a slower Adventure type game. Make it based on short bursts of speed to help with exploration. Modern Sonic keeps his boost but more 3D than as of late and Classic Sonic keeps his 2D.

>Eggman is defeated, Metal Sonic is down, the war is over. But we still have a score to settle. SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT, FAKER
I'd play the shit out of an MGS Sonic

>Join the Resistance

?????

Say what you want about the stream quality, but Sega blew nay sayers the fuck out.
>Anti-Modern fags got blew out
>Anti-Classic fags got blew out
>Anti-Boom fags got blew out to some extent
>People who just have a hate boner for Sonic got blew out
>90s console war kiddies got blew out
We also got a nice performance from Crush 40. Shit was great. You have to be dead inside, or just hate Sonic to not have had some kind of fun.

>mfw

That sonic mania game looks like pure pandering to nostalgiafags, but that project sonic 2017 game looks pretty cool. I always love it when eggman, who I assume is the bad guy uses gigantic robots and shit.

>That sonic mania game looks like pure pandering to nostalgiafags
>but that project sonic 2017 game looks pretty cool.
Did you miss the part where Classic Sonic showed up?

I hope Jun was able to get another piece of sushi. One is just not enough.

It wasn't enough.
Jun died on the way back to his home planet.

I'm not going to automatically call it pandering because classic sonic was in it. At least the project sonic 2017 trailer wasn't all "oh man, remember how cool we used to be? We used to be totally tits. Hey, check out this game that's trying as hard as possible to be a sonic game for the sega genesis. You think we're cool again, r-right?"

This is my take away. Don't know why we're eating each other alive here, modern vs classic, friends vs anti friends, etc. Sonic as a franchise scored a win overall.