/drg/ Danganronpa General: Mikan edition

Previous Thread:Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE

>Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

>Dangan Ronpa 3 is currently airing.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
>DR3 Subbed PV
youtube.com/watch?v=z3imyvTO3JA
>DR3 New PV: contains DR2 spoilers
youtube.com/watch?v=0AaOjY0cBzg

>DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

>DR3 Anime Episodes (Click to find episodes and stream link) [INSERT UPDATE HERE WHENEVER A NEW EPISODE IS UP]
pastebin.com/vXn1t230

>Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

>Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

>DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143594993403/zetsubou-hen-introduction-and-character-profiles

>Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-muanga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/8YGv6KTX

>Project Space - WIP
Character Concepts: piratepad.net/okErIObTD5

DR3: Despair Arc episode 1, lines sorted by character
pastebin.com/SGuUskBf

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ajj0kBMF_wcjP94iMtRAhnDhLFw3JmiqN8GeXHAgXso/edit?usp=sharing
mangahere.co/manga/super_danganronpa_2_zetsubouteki_ingaritsu_no_naka_no_souda_kazuichi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DESPAIR!

post yfw when aoi's corpse is revealed to be a fake next episode

MOTIVES!

Friendly reminder that dubs are disabled on Veeky Forums
Please don't do that ever again

I heard there's a manga of DR2 based on Souda's pov. Where can I find it?

>revealing people aren't really dead in episode 3

For what purpose?

Best, purest teacher of all time

Are trips? Or any repeating numbers?

I just want Bandai to get the recognition he deserves.

despair is for queers and gayer than Nagito could ever be

It's not hard to find, go to the typical popular manga sites and just look through the spike chuunsoft category.

Trips decide best girl

We're not doing this shit again.

What does Dr. Hopper taste like?

And does it taste better or worse than Cora Cola?

000+ Gets are allowed
Fuck you

it tastes like dr pepper

No please I am not going to watch another thread devolve us into apes.

HOWS THE VN-user DOING?

Hopefully better than the fighting game user.

U r not WELCOME HERE monaca

Besides a few button it looks alright now, adding the characters SFX however will be a huge pain, adding the missing ones might take some time too. If anyone knows the devs by chance id like to help them filling out the DR stuff in case its not already finished for 1.4

God I fucking hate that stupid fucking font why the fuck did you fucking pick that fucking font NISA you fucking fucks

0 decides which girl I draw lewds next.

It's still legible, isn't it?

At least it's not Comic Sans.

Akane

this qt pa2t

Komaeda

Hey I remember you! Well fighter user have you tried the silly Persona arena games? Or are you actually good at the genre?

You mean Poor Richard? In capitals it's actually a good font, but if you use it normally it's terrible.

Kyoko.

Dead donuts girl

Either Ryouta.

Chisa

Mikan

Miaya

Dont worry, its super easy to change the text clientside to what ever font you want. I added poor richard myself because it was in the games

Chiaki

Miss Sonia

Seiko

you gotta

might as well go whole hog if /drg/ is just gets and rolling now

oh, I got fucked over last time I tried this
let's see how I perform this time

Gundam X Sonia's Right Hand confirmed

Rolling for despair!

>bondage with ishimaru
god damn it

I have the dev's skype if you'd like, how long do you think it'll take to finish a DR server?

Sure, why not

You better deliver on this.

I haven't played P4A yet. I heard it wasn't very good.

I played the usual suspects and several GG games when I was younger. And Arcana Heart.

Finally finished the 2nd game, kind of disappointed by one of the end twists, mainly the whole virtual reality thing. Still a great game though and I fucking love Junko Enoshima, doesn't surprise me that people would worship her.

Anyway is there a place to find all the high resolution artworks/scenes from the PC version of the game? I didn't unlock everything

>high resolution artworks/scenes from the PC version
the highest res they get is 544p
the pc version just uses the vita's assets

Time for Good Luck.

Rule 63 or bust, drawfag

Give me a girl for once

Depends on the quality standards, technically it could be finished tomorrow.
But i still have no real idea what the server would be about precisely in terms of rules and what to do besides chatting.
Also his Skype name would be nice, i really don't understand these blog websites nor do i want to make a tumblr account

Ending is a hot mess and it's agreed upon.
Now watch DR3 with us, there are two episodes from each arc out already.

So the two arcs are interconnected, right? What order are the episodes released in? Future then Despair, or Despair then Future?

>The VR twist

If you didn't realize they were in virtual reality from the very beginning of the game, user, then I don't know what to say.

I mean seriously, it's made obvious in order to camouflage the actual twists like the UD. You literally start the game floating in cyberspace and opening a door in the middle of nowhere to get to a classroom and then transition to an island in a completely ridiculous fashion. Not to mention the cg of Nagito pixelating at the start there.

Future, then despair.

Future then Despair. Basically as it airs.

well is there any place where I can find all those images?

ah so I'm not the only one. I felt like the ending of DR1 was fucking fantastic, and also also all the plot twists before that. Overall I enjoyed DR1 a lot more to be honest, the trials weren't as boring (even though they were much easier), mini games weren't so fucking annoying, and the story was way better. How are the two new anime?

Nothing ever goes wrong.

Congratulations user, you got what you wanted

Future, then Despair. Make sure to watch them at the same time, so Future ep 1, then Despair ep 1 , then Future ep 2 etc. Both arcs overlap with each other and Despair ep 1 already has a huge spoiler moment of Future ep 1 in the first five seconds.

>So the two arcs are interconnected, right?
Yes, watching them together is crucial. There are spoilers for the first episode of Future in the opening seconds of the first episode of Despair.

As for the order:
Future comes out every Tuesday, and Despair comes out every Friday. The order to watch them would be Future 01, Despair 01, Future 02, Despair 02, etc.

It's venecity.kalissto

As for rules, here's the one's the AO server uses. We could use it as base.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ajj0kBMF_wcjP94iMtRAhnDhLFw3JmiqN8GeXHAgXso/edit?usp=sharing

I expected it but I didn't want it to be the case, because I never liked these kind of bullshit scenarios. Apart from that, well it was very predictable, unlike DR1 in my opinion

You can't call bullshit on it if it's obvious from the get go. In a series full of aspulls like Danganronpa, the VR twist is not an asspull.

it's not an asspull it's just downright boring compared to DR1. Virtual reality and AI Junko is just bad

Thanks, will add him when i got the time courage
And for the rules i think i will ask what people generally want from such a server, if they want it and then built on that.

DR1 was boring and predicatable as sin though.

>Case 3's obvious killer and motive
>Mondo changing what he calls Chihiro after the corpse discovery.
>Mukuro as Junko not even trying
>Kirigiri being Ultimate Detective
>The world ending
>11037

How the fuck did you apparently find that story interesting? DR1 was painfully obvious.

I agree completely, but most people here don't seem to. I found DR1's mystery so much more enticing and the payoff was far better too. The trials in DR2 bugged me a lot too, since they really dragged on, and a shit tonne of the evidence was kept secret until the last 15 or so minutes of the trial making it impossible to guess it for yourself, while DR1 gave you basically everything beforehand, making it possible to guess, but much more fun and rewarding to do so.

>How are the two new anime?
So far so good. One focuses on the cast of DR2 before everything, and the other focuses on the surviving cast of DR1 after everything. They've done a great job of having two somewhat seperate stories feel quite closely connected, and I suspect important information for Future will be revealed in Despair, and vice versa. The Future arc is more interesting for me, since we know the gist of how things play out in the Despair arc already, and it feels like proper uncharted territory in terms of plot developments. It's really grim compared to the first two games though, not a lot of color or humor, which I suspect is why they're airing the Despair arc simultaneously with it, since it's pretty cheerful (at the moment) and alleviates the stress of the other one. I'd advise doing a little research into the new cast members for Future, since in the anime they're forced to cram a dozen new characters into 20 minute episodes, which makes it difficult to learn their names and skills, compared to in the games where you have an extensively longer prologue to get things down. Maybe avoid doing that till you're caught up on the first two episodes though, since it'll be easy to stumble upon spoilers. Heck -- I'd suggest leaving here till you're caught up in all honesty.

Since Aoi's legs were blocking her chest, the killer would have had to reposition her first.

So, did the killer pull her up by her hair or did they just stretch her legs out?

Boring I could understand, but compared to DR1? Try "Literally the only possible fucking option."

DR1 is a closed space with a cast of HPA students in a killing game, the twist is that the apocalypse happened, they've lost two years of memories, and their classmate is the one that started the whole damn thing. DR2 is about a cast of HPA students in a closed space killing game, which is IM-FUCKING-POSSIBLE with students after the 78th class, so it's got to be the 77th or earlier, but as a sequel it still needs to take place after 1 to make any fucking sense.

The twist of DR2 is that the cast is actually Ultimate Despair, Hajime is Izuru, and they're all in VR, which is easily comparable to DR1.

Junko A.I is literally just Junko all over again, so you can't say you dislike her in 2 if you don't say the same for her in one. So if you're talking about Junko being the mastermind again, guess what. she's not! You were fucking playing the mastermind for the whole game, which is actually a callback to a fakeout from DR1 with a moment that was a red herring for Makoto being somehow involved with the Killing Game setup.

And what's so fucking bad about VR? It's literally the exact same effect as reality, it all being a simulation doesn't suddenly make things better and fixes all the cast's problems, it makes them worse! IF THE GAME BEING A SIMULATION DOESN'T ACTUALLY NEGATE ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED, THEN HOW IS THAT A FUCKING ASSPULL!?

I've said previously that I thought the trials were easy as fuck and predictable, and yet I enjoyed the story a lot more. The last 10 or so hours of the game are so exciting. Last 10h of DR2 are completely wasted, you're expecting big reveals and you have to go through a VR dungeon, fuck that shit. At least Junko is there to make it better.

>Pull her up

user, stop focusing on the legs.

She's lying down here, she didn't get pulled up, she got pulled down.

Can people stop posting that picture for just a fucking day?

yeah man the trials were so fucking long, it was almost unbearable to me. I remember starting the game and doing the first trial, which lasted for fucking hours and it already annoyed me how the first case took so long.

The more you respond to it, the more people are going to post it.

You gotta ignore it and move past it.

Just wait till Monday.

There'll be fresh pics of dead Aoi then.

You mean her fake corpse?

If it's a fake corpse, it would obviously not be revealed it's one for the next seven episodes or so.

It's not even translated I think, I tried to found it once and nothing.

Rolling for hope that will be born from this despair

mangahere.co/manga/super_danganronpa_2_zetsubouteki_ingaritsu_no_naka_no_souda_kazuichi/

Can't put my head around why one can think that DR1 is better than 2.

>DR1
>Uninspired cast of characters with little to no development
>Mediocre plot with the main twist being obvious from miles ahead
>Easy and unfair to player trials with crucial evidence being pulled in the middle of debates
>Takes place at the very samey environments of HPA

>DR2
>Hadles and dismantles its amazing cast of characters better than anything in DR1
>Overarching story is very intriguing up until the last trial with giant Junko
>Trials and detective mysteries on par with the best Ace Attorney cases
>Varied islands with their distinct themes as place of action

I didn't even want to boot the sequel after subpar original. Glad I had no games to play in april when steam port of DR2 came out, it changed my view on the series completely.

>Cuddling with Nagito

Oh god, that exactly what I've wanted. So this is the power of Ultimate Luck

Has there been any clues to who the 16th person is in the final killing game since we know it's not Hagakure?

It's Delta. You can't see him, but he's there

Togami.

C O M P L E X

Togami is not the 13th head he works for Kirigiri instead

It's heavily implied to be Togami.

That has nothing to do with anything

>It's heavily implied to be Togami.
Give literally one example in the show where they made even a slight implication it was him.