>guy is there with his kids playing
>he starts walking over
>figure he's pissed and he's going to tell me to go somewhere else
>says he use to ride and has an extra mesh jacket if I want it

Why is everyone who rides so cool?

The jacket

Thirty-sixth for 636 best baiku.

Joe Rocket. Not bad.
Pretty cool of that guy to do something nice for a stranger.

Kek

To the Honda fanboys, it's shit.
You can still like shit, just stop denying it like a Harley fuckboi

Noice m8.

Hey guys, user from last night who's dad got a free baiku for me. Picture as promised.

o fuck. How'd he get it for free? Shit looks spotless.

50cc too much m8, you almost had the best premium bike

Can I vinyl wrap a helmet? Would the wrap be able to stick to the helmet at all? I want to make my helmet more visible.

He's higher up in management and although he won't say it, it was probably an ass kisser. Apperently they had it sitting in garage for 5 years and they wanted it gone, so the tank smells like lacquer and the carbs are gonna need a clean for sure, new battery. That's all I'm sure of for now, probably won't need much more though. kinda pisses me off people don't treat their bikes right but then people like me get them so not a problem.
Funny, story, I almost bought a GS500 but decided I'd be happier with a Big thumper so I got pic related instead.

plastidip bro

>finished MSF course today; only person in the class to score perfect on both the written and riding tests despite having never sat on a running motorcycle before Monday
>got baiku registered at the county annex
>went to the dmv and got the motorcycle endorsement added to my license
>found the exact helmet I wanted at the baiku shop next to my house
>ordered a nice jacket
>rode baiku for the first time
What did you do today, /dbt/?

>people don't treat their bikes right
Reminds me of my wheels. I'm updating my autistic maintenance excel sheet by going through the paperwork and I just noticed the mechanic warns the previous owner (my dad) that the wheels are too dirty and the salt will cause problems. He didn't listen. Pic related. Wheels were in that state for at least 5 years.

Get new tires too.

good god you can see where it ate away at it.

I haven't inspected them yet but they look pretty good from when I remember, no obvious cracking, good tread. Do you just say that because they're a little old? that's kind of a meme.

I sat on my dream bike and got hooked up with a local insurance broker, things are looking good for my future baiku. Glad you're enjoying yourself user!

Whatever, be like my friend that bought an old bike and ignored me telling him to get new tires and then crash three times the first time you go ride it due to shit tires. Not like I've been riding my whole life and know what I'm talking about or anything :^)

Feels bad man.

Damn, what did you hit?

what happened?

tore both my nonrunning bikes down and made no progress towards diagnosing or fixing the problems either of them have

also installed an hour meter on my kx

Actually nothing. I was rebuilding the thing and while torquing it down it cracked before the spec 28nm.

sheeeeeit

your mom sat on it

You ok my dude? I'm gonna buy them if I feel it's necessary, we'll just have to see. I don't have a ton of money because I'm saying for college so I'm not trying to spend a ton on this thing. That being said, it's not like I'm against getting new tires or something like that.

My neighbour casually mentioned his tyres are 23 years old. He still rides the thing. Absolute madman.

Got it welded today, but I was kinda angry when it occurred. Then again, when buying a shit bike could one expect more than to get a shit bike. I was super lucky to have a friend of a friend who is a professional aluminium welder and could do the job after hours. Paint is drying at the moment and I will be putting the fucker back together tomorrow.

Why are you so angry?

I came onto a new picture.

It's a strain on my old nuts to produce this many loads in a month.

lol

nice katana m8, like it

Nice try kitkat

Well, are you going to post it or leave us all hanging?

Your old nuts are doing God's work, m8ey.

thats... in real gud shape for an 81.

desu I'd put it away and not ride it.

and just buy some CBR125 to learn on.

instead of dropping and wrecking that mint classic.

How big of a torque wrench did you use?

Never use one in the lower or upper 20% of its scale. They are inaccurate usually then.

So he got proper penetration all the way to the middle and didnt leave any crack in the center?

Looking for a good helmet, max price is about 200. I know that isn't much but its all I can afford

You will have to wait.

>already dropped bike

Get some crash guards.

Christ 2nd katanas and 1st gen SV's were fucking ugly. What were they thinking.

How could you be making something so nice looking at the same time as making bulbous everything else.

Just when i thought my swap was finished she throws me curve ball

Bell Qualifier

Just buy 20 really good buckets m80

Please phrase a well defined question after doing at least some research yourself. This is the worst post I've seen in at least 5 minutes.

what is wrong? It's not charging the battery?

Thanks!
Not sure whats going on, care to explain?

>klrsys
I thought it was a ninja KLR?

Look at scorpion helmets. They are usually best for the cheapest.

anyone have a Shoei RF1200? Is it as good as it's supposed to be? I'm getting sick of my HJC real quick.

Don't you see the burnt ass coils?

Sorry, I'm in school, need to keep it lowkey. I've been looking around and found some on my own, just wanted to get a different opinion.

Underaged b&

IF YOU DON'T WEAR EARPLUGS, YOUR A IDIOT!

All the reviews for it are pretty positive.

truth

The spec was 16 to 28Nm and I had my wrench set on 26Nm to be on safe side and to account for the wrench tolerances. The range of the wrench is between 10 to 110Nm. Bad luck I guess?

Why does everyone act like this is my first bike? this is my third and second at the moment. I just posted a picture of my DR too. Nice spot on the year though.

I don't wear earplugs. My bike is not that loud and my helmet does enough for wind noise. The only other thing is traffic, which I WANT TO hear.

burnt winding at 3 o'clock
The stator puts out the correct voltage and has the correct resistance between leads but is shorted to ground

I think it's normal for stators to look like that. Have you tested it?

>I think it's normal for stators to look like that.

Then I sure hope you're not a mechanic.

Yes as far as I know. Looking at the seam, he had the liner as a backing plate and had cleaned the cracked surfaces. There were no bubbles or such in the cast.

Plugs don't block out all noise, they just dampen it.
The thing is your range of perceptible hearing is very narrow, and your ears could be getting exposed to 120db of energy in frequencies that you can't hear. You don't hear the noise, but your ear drums are still being damaged anyway.
Plugs are common sense.

Have one, absolutely love it.
Great FOV, good fit and nice looks. Reviewers say it's very good in regards to windnoise, I find it quite noisy but then I've never worn cheap helmets so I don't know how bad is bad

lol niggas dont even know what a stator looks like.

nobike scum

What is the difference between Dual sport helmets and full face? is it just airflow or am I missing something? I know the styles are different but why?

Idiot alert

its is a ninja swap but klrsys helps people figure out what it is.
Personally I call it my klr-R

Dual sport helmets typically have the duck bill on them, and may or may not have a front visor. Some are intended to be worn with goggles.

To be fair in the first pic it looks like that one coil was just coated/wrapped in something like the one in my pic.

>I hope you're not a mechanic
Only on my own shit.
BTW that stator works perfectly.

If it's not open or shorted to ground, that coil may not actually be a problem.

dualsport helmets usually have a peak, more airflow, and sometimes no shield so you can use goggles.

This is you
>don't wear earplugs because I want to hear things
>go deaf or get EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>can't hear anything

This is me
>wear earplugs
>keep my excellent hearing
>can hear stuff going on around me because earplugs don't magically block all sound

:x ok so maybe its not just stators....

look man when you're going on and off road you need different attributes. On road riding only, noise reduction, comfort and crash safety are the huge priority. offroad, you want high visibility and sturdy edges to repel dirt and foilage n shit.

it goes way deeper than that but im just skimming the idea. basically a dual sport helmet tries to get the best of both worlds. i would argue you cant really do that.

if i were you i would go ride for 2 weeks. take note of how you ride and be honest with yourself. finding that your not gonna be the glorious trail hog you dreamed you would be, and are almost always on the street? Buy a legit street helm.

find yourself always slaggin' through trails, hooning the hood? Get an mx helmet.

because you didnt state otherwise.

sorry we dont' follow your account and blog mate.

we just like bikes. and nobody wants to see a nice old bike ruined.

and you get posts with 'muh dad got this free bike' and it's their first bike. and it's going to end up wrecked.

we just assume the worst.

DESU the 550's are kinda lame.

You get the pain of having 4 carbs without the power of the 750.

The 450's were 2 cylinder and 2 carbs, sacrificing only a bit of power. But being way less maintenance.

Another fact is that a lot of 'modern' insurance companies bracket at

"The motocross and off-road helmet has clearly elongated chin and visor portions, a chin bar, and partially open face to give the rider extra protection while wearing goggles and to allow the unhindered flow of air during the physical exertion of this type of riding. The visor is to allow the rider to dip his or her head and provide further protection from flying debris during off road riding. It will also keep the sun out of the eyes of the rider during jumps.[9]

Originally, off-road helmets did not include a chin bar, with riders using helmets very similar to modern open face street helmets, and using a face mask to fend off dirt and debris from the nose and mouth. Modern off-road helmets include a (typically angular, rather than round) chin bar to provide some facial impact protection in addition to protection from flying dirt and debris. When properly combined with goggles, the result provides most of the same protective features of full face street helmets."

tl;dr air flow + protection from flying debris

Thanks! Not many fields around me, was just looking for helmets with more airflow. (going to Arizona for college and don't want to boil my head)

Anyone know much about rewinding stators.

>ride old GSes
>currently have 3 with fried stators

you might be able to find a tutorial online or something for it.

>tfw not nobike any more

feels absolutely fantastic.

>Unleash the boredom

>TFW no willies
>TFW no speeding
>TFW nothing

no shit homeslice! which college? ASU?

if ASU hit me up man. my only ride is a baiku but i can get away with that cuz we are sunny 90% of the time :D

pro tip riding in AZ heat during summer: wear at the very least a long sleeve shirt (you will get sunburnt)

also in phoenix the drivers are fuckwads. you will only get yourself into trouble if you follow too closely behind someone (everyone tailgates everyone else and brakes suddenly, its like a fucking curse) or if you get crazy and try gunning it, weaving through lanes. thats pretty much how most people get hurt/killed out here. trying and or doing stupid shit.

ill be your mechanic bro, keeping your car running while drinking beer smoking herb and you can get me some college ass. im 25 now, not in school anymore.

Morning dbt, where are you guys riding today?
Im about to go put the bikes on the ute, finally taking dirt squirter for a good 100+km ride today

Cool, enjoy the fried voltage regulator and being stranded somewhere :)

welp husky is gonna warranty my leaky fork seals and burnt turn signal. all praise be to allah.

I looked into it once.. Google "m otorcycle stator rewind" and you'll see a number of people do it / have done it, with varying levels of success. The hard part seems to be getting the correct high-temp coated wire and potting epoxy without going broke.

you have a 2015 701 enduro or sumo?

im going to the dispensary near my work. its called Harvest of Tempe. They have the best selection with the best prices by far.

>tfw stoned mechanic
>already ridden the bike somewhere 4 times today
>4 isnt enough

gonna grub on some bomb PeiWei's and mob out. its a gorgeous day in phoenix.

both (2 sets of wheels)

tfw gs500
tfw no cb750

Nowhere because it's 45f and raining.

Ummm Im pretty fucking awesome at 12v electrics and am confident in my trouble shooting.

UofA, can't be worse than here, suburbans and Escalades everywhere. Almost got merged into 3 times today and I'm in a car.

>me in charge of attaching the pic

perfect weather here for dirt bikes, rained last night and its going to be fairly nice this afternoon, fucking hyped.

You never did answer the question, is the coil open or shorted? Did you even bother to check?