/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Crybaby naziboo edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10818969
warthunder.com/en/news/189/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/202/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/200/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/197/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/193/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/190/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/232/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/212/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/774/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/784/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/3249/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/4151-special-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for naziboos are more handheld than slavs

1st for >warthunder

Tankfags get out of my general.

Nth for Farage

+1 GE!

why does that cheiftain have a turret that doesn't nicely smooth out to the hull to make a nice fit?

nth for not spawning in the meteor f3 and f84 if there are 8.0s in your team

Xth for hyper-shitposting

It's called Stillbrew

>move down ground targets in my Bf 110
>Corsair trying to fight me at ground level
>I evade it easily
>and another 2 attempts
>eventually he loses all energy, while I turn and blow him with 20mm
I probably should laugh, but that was just embarrassing to watch

do you have to have airplanes of certain ranks to do certain summer tasks? If so, where can you see the requirements?

If you can't kill a La-15 in your F-84 you need to fuck off back to arcade.

+6000 GE!

REAL QUALITY POST THERE!

Feeling awful generus today, aren't we, mr Gaijin Community Manager?

The F-84 is much worse than the La-15 in everything but top dive speed.

La-15 guns are a bit ass, too.

>implying .50s aren't ass against jets

>trying to carry but being bullied by a kid

They shred Hortens and 262 to dust.

M3s are usually okay, I just hate M2s.

(you)

>5 fighters out of 12 players

why do people play anything american but hispano P-51s?

It's six fighters, seven if you consider a P-61 a fighter.

>getting called a cuck by a 14 year old

Cuck

Reminder that if you put a rear Ho-103 on a plane and reached a speed in excess of 885.6 the shell would still be moving forwards rather than backwards!

Thank you for that simple, concise explanation of addition!

really made me think

Because hispanostangs climb like ass and overheat doing it.

Just unlocked the Ho 229 and got 5 kills my first game, were you guys lying to me this entire time?

I'm trying to set up MEC so I can control the radiator to achieve superior climb rate and top speed. In auto the radiator is automatically CLOSED during WEP, which would make sense if you were at high speed but during initial climb it just means that you almost immediately overheat. Under normal 100% the radiator is pretty wide which means that even at good speed you're still wasting a lot of drag on cooling that you don't need.

If I turn on MEC, then have buttons to make pitch, mixture, supercharger, all go back to auto, can I achieve a situation where I'm basically in auto engine controls except I get to play with the radiator?

Yes

b-but i did fine in my ride

so even if you don't get enough marks of distinction you can still buy the pinups, right?

>the p-38 lightning is a decent fighter

in your dreams maybe. its big like a barn, goes down in two shots, doesnt turn and doesnt roll, the only thing it can do is strafe really fast.

pretty much a free kill everytime i see one in a match

at least they have laser cannons. also its not like at that battle rating people go into space, and the plane still retains energy like a champion. i once fought off 3 spitfires in an hispano p51. shit is reliable and works

>play WT on PS4 (controller)
>actually pretty good
>get bullied and teamkilled because people think I'm automatically a shitter

Any other Sonyggers here that have experienced this feel?
I felt like some black person in the 50's.

I know that feel bro. In GF people just ram into me all the time for no reason.

Are you in JG508 user?

>It's a KV-2 positions itself in front of you episode

No

Does your mother know you're consorting with these hot opinions?

>warthunder
>playing not shitposting about it
L M A O
M
A
O

>not blocking or shooting him
>warthunder

KYS

>having to carry
>having fun in war thunder

literally a meme

damn you must be a loser in real life

I want to roll over his fucking retarded euroskeptick redpilled face with a amx13

>take a p51
>give it good guns
>reduce it's br
GAININNNN??????????!?!!!!??!?

Don't you have job applications to write, Cameron?

why is vegetable the Saipan so dumb?

Not your blog

Why do the Jap cannon and MG feel so...weird?

technically still at war with japan ))))

They're low energy.

Does anyone know if gaijin had any like, community managers or whatever I can sleep with to get GE?

I enjoy the J2M and KI, anything all Ho...but when I combine the two ala A6M it just kind of throws me off from the differing ROF I suppose.

Nah

Have you tried turning on vertical targeting?

No, I've heard both good and bad about it. Do you use it for Japs?

>shoot a 30mm grenade at a fighter jet
>"hit"
>get hit by a single bullet from a 50 cal
>my entire plane just explodes

PHONEPOSTING LOL

If I'm using a plane with 20s and 30s or a Ki-45/102, yes. Just remember to aim below your target if you get closer than you've set your convergence to.

>be bad
>get good
>win

I'll try it out, thanks. I usually use 250m for .50 cal, 300m for Hispano and Ho, 400m for 151 and ShVAK. I'm still grinding my first jet so I don't know how that will work out. Probably a Meteor since I prefer the Brit 20mm.

i've never in my life been shot down by a P-38 and everytime i engage one it either flees away in a dive or dies in 1-2 shot.

how do you even get killed by one?

>8446 points

that's pretty good user. probably the highest i've seen here yet

It's pretty hard, 2bh.

LoL PHONEPOSTING

Not him, but I've had some success with rope a dopes in them, as well as surprise attacks on someone chasing an ally.

Basically have to fly it like a Zero and don't ever let yourself take a single bullet or else you're going down in flames. The one benefit it has is the setup of the gun platform.

Who is this mong with his phone posting gimmick it's real silly lads.

Yes, rank 3 aircraft minimum. If you go into your player card, under the achievement tab there is a section for the summer event

Man, these plane RB maps in tank custom battles are the best shit ever

F O R
R
E
E

>with a tally on the plane too

t-thanks

thanks, too bad the only tier 3 planes I have are bombers

i love Ho-5s, i feel like they're almost on shvak tier of lethal. ki-43s and la-5s have my favourite gun style and i feel like aiming with them is just so natural. 30mm japanese shells travel real slow but when they hit they rarely just spark the plane and often atomize it in 1 shot.

japanese 50cals a shit tho. A SHITTT

type 99s also a shit. they dont deal much damage compared to Ho-5s and the fact they're always wing mounted means by default that they're worse.

also i have this weird feeling that the J2M2 works well with 2xtype 99 but the J2M3/4/5 with 4x20mm arent anywhere close to twice as lethal

PLOP

did you know there was a P-38 project that mounted 4x M4 cannons from the P-39 for a total of 120 37mm shells? 4x37mm cannons shooting like a death battery put on a fast platform like the P-38 would've been GOAT

The P-38 looks like a wasted good design to me, the front of the aircraft is basically empty anyway right? why putting 4xM2 and a single 20mm? couldnt they mount like 5x 20mm cannons and shread anything with it?

Because the War Thunder meta did not factor in to design decisions in real life?

i'm not talking about the game now, i'm talking about actual reality. in the real world, the p-38 was a good plane, while in warthunder its shit. that depends on the difference between how real pilots flew the plane and how enemies perceived it. if i fly a zero i can easily fend off any dive from a P-38 making him overshoot me pretty much indefinitely long: there's nothing he can do to catch me unless someone else joins in and i get distracted. while in reality cooperation brought successful use of these tactics, in the game a single P-38 cant do shit agains pretty much anything in 1v1. while the P-38 is a plane based on teamplay and support, a japanese zero can support itself and make kills without other planes assisting him in the way. this makes it an inferior plane compared to what it actually was in reality because the game cant replicate his greatest strength

what is A-36?

I think the claps (at least the army) didn't use 20mms so much because they never quite managed to work out the reliability issues with early hispano models, and .50s were servicable, so there was no point developing alternatives, unlike what the bongs did with their hispanos.

You know War Thunderâ„¢ is keen on keeping things as realistic as possible when it comes to vehicle modules right? It's very unlikely a plane in game that is bad was good in real life.

I think the star goes away if you use your free namechange while logged in on a pc

I want to adopt Illya!

>be greatest and strongest military and industrial power in the world
>fight a war with the easy of not worrying about your own homeland
>print million and millions of 20mm rounds for switching to cannon armament
>be COMPLETELY inapt and never manage over the course of the entire war to produce a single reliable 20mm design

i mean, what were they even trying to do? how come every shithole had 20mm cannons working but the greatest weapons producer in the world couldn't figure out how to fix a single misfire problem on a gun?

>New job that has long hours on some days
>This War Thunder event

I'm so salt. There's no way I can do it.

Even without a job and absolutely nothing to fill my days I absolutely refuse to do this retarded event.

pretty close. They didn't feel autocannons are needed for their fighters, since it's not them who had fight off heavy bombers.
Because of that when first batch of domestic-made Hispano clones turned out to be a failure, command was like "it's ok, we're not in hurry anyway".
Plus don't forget American hardon on standardization. And it would be hard to find class of vehicle that didn't use M2, which means ammo supply was virtually unlimited.

This. Fuck that shit.

The short answer is that .50s worked great so there was no real incentive to find a replacement during the war. They had good velocity, a good rate of fire, were effective against the aircraft the USA had to shoot down, and planes could carry vast amounts of ammo. It also helped that the M2's ubiquity in the ground and naval forces simplified logistics.

>not picking up at least the pin up girl you like the most

strawpoll.me/10818969

It's a T-72!

>caring about fucking decals in current year
Custom skins are the beginning and the end of vehicle customization.

>test flight no longer lets you select external munitions if you don't have the hardpoints unlocked, even in "reference" selection
rude desu

these ones look good. also lots of vehicles dont get the luxury of having good skins

You need to control everything that didn't have auto settings irl, so it depends on the plane.
learning to use MEC is great, american planes in particular get way better.

Stillbrew armor package, it's hard to find chieftains today without it, unless they are export chieftains.

Desu I fucked around with it earlier and it's surprisingly better than I expected, the menu just appears really daunting because some of the control names got engrish'd. I made one button to toggle auto engine controls on and off, one to toggle auto-radiator, and one each for radiator open/radiator close. Works perfectly, I can WEP a K4 up to like 5km before it goes yellow when I open the radiator all the way.
I also didn't expect the controls for multiple engines to be so simple, you just map one key per engine to toggle controls for it on and off.

nice
I've considered making a tutorial, but decided against it because lmao fuck wtg

>2013
warthunder.com/en/news/189/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/202/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/200/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/197/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/193/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/190/current/
warthunder.com/en/news/232/current/

warthunder.com/en/news/212/current/
>later in the month another easy GE task

>easy fun events for lions and such
>contest for big GE
>discounts on planes without doing anything

>2014
warthunder.com/en/news/774/current/
>6 actual good premiums you could get
>also gave silver lions
warthunder.com/en/news/784/current/
>ended with free GEs and discounts

>2015
warthunder.com/en/news/3249/current/
>only 2 premiums offered, mediocre
>top 100 people got GE

>2016
warthunder.com/en/news/4151-special-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-en/
>4 premiums
>can only get 2 (tank + plane)
>both tanks are shit
>tigercat is meh, Fw189 isn't even modeled inside and so low BR it doesn't matter
>shitty decals
>RNG boxes that will likely mainly give boosters instead of discounts and talis

whew

Why are these events getting worse?