I understand that they can't sell this outside of Japan because of safety regulations and exclusivity reasons...

I understand that they can't sell this outside of Japan because of safety regulations and exclusivity reasons, but how come none of the Japanese car companies sell something that is at least as stylish as this? Its kind of embarrasing that the highest tier vehicle outside of Japan is a Lexus LS that has that awful front grille and a look that says "I'm a Japanese BMW 7 Series" instead of its own car.

> I posted it again

It's a car for old people. Old rich people. Old rich Japanese people. That's a bit niche, don't you think? I can't see that thing selling well outside of Japan. They are right to not bother with it outside the home market.

I'd buy it, then have a 10 second 1GZ

it'd take a lot of fuckin money to do that m8.

Nigga that's not a car you drive, that's a car you get driven in and if you got that much cash import one

It's the cuckest of cuck cars.

>still produced in the year of our lord 2016
>starts at 111k USD
>cloth seats
>cassette player
>interior hasn't been updated since 1997
>V12 engine that makes 280hp
>halogen headlights
>no kind of collision avoidance whatsoever
>total lack of any post 90s technology
>everything dated as fuck

Meanwhile a brand new Mercedes S class starts at a lower price and you get:

>standard AIRMATIC air suspension with continuously Adaptive Damping System Plus
>Magic Body Control suspension (optional on V8 and higher models)
>Nine airbags as standard
>ESP Dynamic Cornering Assist
>Traffic Sign Assist with Speed Limit Assist and wrong-way driving warning function
>COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS (as standard)
>ATTENTION ASSIST (as standard)
>ADAPTIVE BRAKE (as standard)
>DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
>Brake Assist system BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist
>NECK-PRO crash-responsive head restraints
>PRE-SAFE, PRE-SAFE Brake, PRE-SAFE PLUS, PRE-SAFE Impulse, Pre-Safe with pedestrian detection and City Brake function
>Beltbags
>Active bonnet
>Active Lane Keeping Assist
>Full-LED headlamps with Intelligent Light System and Adaptive Highbeam Assist PLUS
>Night View Assist PLUS (pedestrian/animal detection) with flashing Spotlight Function
>Head-up display
>COMAND Online with Touchpad
>Active Parking Assist
>Active Blind Spot Assist
>Crosswind Assist
>Torque Vectoring Brake
>Active Parking Assist
>Backup camera
>Electric parking brake with emergency braking function
>Direct-Steer Electromechanical steering with Steer Assist electromechanical steering power assistance
>MAGIC VISION CONTROL wipers

You just want one so you could stance it.

The S class may come with all that stuff...but it doesn't make it a better car...it's just more useless crap desu...

Is this a new copypasta?

Seems pretty specific but it could probably be reworked to apply to maybe Cadillac?

>muh electronic bullshit that wont get used even once

This is the closest thing to a brand new old car someone can get.

Nissan also made a limo that is disontinued now.

You guys didn't read my post, I wasn't asking why they don't sell the Toyota Century outside Japan, I'm well aware of why they don't.

I'm asking why they don't sell anything outside of Japan with this kind of style.

The Lexus LS is a good car, but it just doesn't have the kind of style the Century does. It looks much more like a BMW 7 Series, and with that grille it looks like its trying to be pathetically aggressive at the same time.

The Century on the other hand looks very statesman-like, which is something many luxury cars, both in the West and Japan, don't look like these days. Granted, the Century hasn't seen a major update since 1997, and the design goes back to 1967, but I feel like Lincoln, Mercedes, and even Rolls-Royce and Bentley could learn a little bit from that style.

>The Lexus LS is a good car, but it just doesn't have the kind of style the Century does

I agree with that also but remember, rich normies don't think like that.

almost big enough for your mum to sit in the back seat

Very Good point of Sale ...
nobody can get that fender mirrors as a standard option only that one.
Sooooo Japanese ever.

gangster.

This car looks unchanged since 1981. Maybe you can import a low mileage version?

That car is so Pre-War Japan.

>this weeb autist posting this shitty thread AGAIN

Get over it or import one from 91 and shut the fuck up

I understand you're a weeb because Western society rejected you and you somehow think Eastern society values autistic betas, but how come you have to shit up the board whining about why the rest of the world doesn't lap up your comically outdated GRORIOUS NIPPON trashmobiles?

Fucking weebs...

Why would they want disgusting foreigners getting their hands on their perfect cars made for their perfect (and perfectly xenophobic) elite?

They believe the rest of the world has no work ethic or real money and so it wouldn't be worth it to sell anywhere other than glorious Japan.

See, now what you've got there is a Japanese Cadillac, and why would you buy an old Toyota Century when you could buy an old Cadillac Fleetwood?

It's a car specifically made for old fart Nip businessmen.

You don't drive it. You sit in the back and get served Wagyu filet with caviar gold sauce.

Don't delude yourself. It looks dated, and while I think it looks good, it does show it's age of design.

this is sexy as fuck

>tfw can't get fender mirrors on a Lexus LS

I want to do a line off of one of those ticker tape crt displays in the back like an 80s absolute madman businessman

>airbags are useless
The average Veeky Forums poster ladies and gentlemen.

looks like a maserati quattroporte

They CAN be, depending on the point of impact. Regarding that new S class, they most likely aren't.