Truck thread

I looked through the catalog and missed it, hope that there isn't one rather than me being blind.

Truck just arrived at the dealership, post some trucks working to tie me over until I can get to the dealership

Christ you gonna buy that long ass thing? You gonna do a lot of towing?
If not just get the short bed, they look better desu senpai

Well yeah had to special order it that way. I do a lot of woodworking and been restoring a house, makes it easier moving long pieces of wood. 5th wheel as well.

Plus gonna have to start picking kids up from school while my wife drops em off, so needed both. Didnt want a 250, too much a hit to mpg.

Extended cab long box is great. Not too long to drive and park but still big enough to haul your shit and other people if you need to.

Posting my rig
Yours is too new desu

I don't see how I forgot the picture

Halp pls

I can't imagine not having an 8ft bed. Having a back seat is pretty convenient.

MSRP ~38k, my out the door is ~29. When the parts guy saw the SCLB combo marked the parts I wanted down by half for being the first guy he has seen in five years to order one.

I love these old ones, if I weren't a jew for seeing more than 15mpg consistency I would have picked up an 80s/early 90s 250

>post some trucks working

It's beautiful OP. I love SCLB's. What engine did you go with?

>my $200 shitbox I dragged home

Should make a good parts/woods truck

>Silverado 2500 CCLB WT

Thing is a fucking boat

Anybody in the South notice that most trucks have a hillbilly tax? Wanting to get out of my civic for a nice 5 speed truck with 4x4 and a beer window. Can't find any for under 5k. Even when it obviously shouldn't be that high.

And my other POS OBS

96 F250 SCSB I bought sight unseen from an insurance auction. Currently tearing it apart and rebuilding it, should make a decent tow rig when all done but that 460 is gonna be thirsty.

Is it 4x4? That was what made it so hard for me to find my truck. Not too many extended/super cab long beds around here and they're almost all 2 wheel drive or 3/4 ton diesels. I was pretty surprised to find exactly what I was looking for at a decent price.

I was going to super-jew mpg and ordered the 2.7. A higher power intervened at ford and they put in a 5.0 and Ford isn't going to charge me the difference, 1-1.5k depending on rebates. I also get to keep the 2.7 rebates and the 5.0 ones.

I actually wanted 4x2. I still have my RCLB '13 that is 4x4. In the 20k miles I put on it in Alaska I used 4x4 for maybe 20 of it.

Some of the more recent 4x4s in the 157/163 length had problems with driveshaft vibration, I didn't want to deal with it or pay the 4-6k upgrade cost. If I need 4x4 I can go get my '13

Some small wheels on that, I don't like big wheels but geez. I assume just 'i needed to roll it home' wheels.

This is my '13

>Towing with a LTD Country Squire.

How much is that thing worth? Not very many left..

There whatever the stock size is. 235/85/16 I think. If I had some bigger 16's laying around I'd throw them on.

I paid a grand for it with a bad trans only because it was really solid for a rust belt car and had a mint interior. I ended up putting a HO 5.0, wide ratio AOD and 3.55's in it out of one of my other cars. Makes a good tow rig for what it is. Granted I have 2 other wagons anyways.

Someday I'll get my truck done so I can retire it to winter beater status.

i had an 89 dually with the 460, i built a 351W and put it in. it made more power and got 12mpg instead of 6. Damn i miss that truck.

The white one has a 351, a nice roller block too. And I also have some gt40's a lighting lower and a first gen lighting kenne bell laying around....

I don't daily it, got it for toy hauling and every man needs a truck