Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Plasma Saber Edition

>Great news!
Athena's Armor Set Search has been updated: mediafire.com/folder/fpoki5x46p78s/MHGen

>How do I Charm Farm?
- If solo, go into local play mode. Otherwise multiplayer online.
- Bring farcaster to speed up things.
- Start Coal Quest in HR Guild
- Gather up 12 Coal between friends (8-10 if solo)
- Put in box ONE BY ONE, NOT all at once.
- Gather the rest if solo and repeat previous step.
- Once 12 is in box, end quest
- Proft!

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UfhOdM65HA8
youtube.com/watch?v=_IrXO2fOfno
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OFFICIAL /MHG/ BLACKLIST v1.1a

Anyone with ""Jam"" Palico

Raya
Strava
Lleywen
Yggdrissal
Beck
Adaam
Slayer
Tyrande
lilmet

Bear
Florbad
I

Cute huntressess edition!

Can we add people we see in rooms with them as well for supporting their evil ways?

>Doing gathering quests
>bullfangos keep fucking hitting me
>mfw

literally cancer

Reminder that anyone who bitches about Jam is clearly an enraged autists kiddie. Remember that these people will go to any lengths to spread misinformation about the cat being hacked so that they can feel more validated about the 60 hours they've been trying to find one for themselves.

yes.

It's time to take out Jam form training so I can get blacklisted by you.

ACTUAL OFFICIAL /MHG/ BLACKLIST

Anyone who has blacklisted someone with ""Jam"" palico.

Oh, it does? It looks too big for this N3ds, but maybe I'm just overestimating. Don't really remember how big the analog buttons were for the PSP.

>still complaining about gen 4 bullfangos
youtube.com/watch?v=UfhOdM65HA8

>all these autists sperging out over c@s

WHO THE FUCK CARES JESUS CHRIST

REAL ACTUAL OFFICIAL /MHG/ BLACKLIST
(You)

How can you be the one who found Jam when I'M the one who ""found"" Jam?

Hello it is me, the real JAM, and I hacked him in 9000 times, he's a superior japanese forged neko neko means cat that can cut through any wyvern with ease

I already have S ranks except the last two Prowler quest since I didn't have them unlocked.

I just enjoy arena. 4U arena was better though.

No such thing as too much coin.

Are cats actually good? I've heard some good things about them but aren't they just straight up outclassed by hunters?

What do you even unlock for sranking all the arena quests? I know in 4U you could get the Craftsmen specs just by doing two of them.

No one should actually care given that we know that game has extra checks to make sure you can't make impossible cats. At the VERY most absolute worst someone made Jam to be perfect within the limits and passed it around whereas we likely would've had someone eventually do the same through sheer autistic RNG grinding ANYWAY, which is why I think this whole argument is fucking retarded.

>this entire fucking thread right now

68-3458-9016-4062
oo-
High rank turns

>4 bullfangoes charging you on at a time while dealing with Rathian.

I've seen hell.

Cats beat out 5 other weapons on LV10 Dinovaldo variant

with the right build, no, they're just as good and even outrank some weapons for fastest times

Low Rank question.
Should I make the Low Rank Rathalos armor? I can get it to AuL and Weakness exploit.
Or should I just wait until High Rank?

And they see you through the entire fucking area so you can have extra fun when you're just peacefully doing your shit and suddenly BULLFANGOES OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE

Who are all these literally whos?

Same reason people care about cheated in gear
they shouldn't but it bothers people because they """""worked""""" for their gear and cats.

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!

Literal shitters. Kick on sight.

Is that not a reason to be upset?

I play monster hunter with the philosophy that I should just use whatever I feel works best on a monster.
I don't "main" a weapon so even if a cat could beat out some weapons doesn't that just mean they're clearly outclassed by the "correct" weapons?

I'm usually not the person to use this word, but you god damn autists need to get some treatment

This thread is cringeworthy as hell

What's the charm hunting quest? The thing where you turn in 12 coal one at a time, is it anywhere at the Volcano past 5 star guild or what?

HR6 with LR Rath here. So it works. Expect pain on the Urgent Elephant.

How to get Jam so I can make /v/ and reddit upset?

So uh what is the best greatsword right now?

Diablos/monoblos aren't in the game, so I assume that Jho's GS is still baller but I hate the way the pickle sword looks

I've been using Glavenus' GS with the mosgharl set (gives focus and fire atk +2) and it's been putting in work.

Also are DB only good for status again or is there a general all around good DB?

Best arts for striker GS? Currently running guild with readiness and evasion, are any of the GS skills even good?

YOU!, GIMME YOUR LAGI FOLDER NOW!

It's a list of people who bullied user as a child, so he made a burn book on the internet about em

I hear some of them even made out with a hotdog

The Hellblade Glave anus weapons are generally the best weapon by far for blademasters. Maybe even for some of the ranged shit too. There might be situational better picks, but go Hellblade and you're set

OFFICIAL /mhg/ BLACKLIST vFOREVER

Eliza

So... about Is there any way i can redeem myself?
It seemed good at first, but my inner autism says otherwise and I can't take it.
Would soloing a big chunk of the Hunter's Hub quests do anything? When your HR is unlocked it's pretty much just the sum of all the quests you've done to that point, right?

Besides seregios hammer is there any other good or better hammers for mhgen?

Why give a shit? Seriously. You want to please some autist on the internet that badly? Just play the game however you like.

Can someone give me a link where someone uses boomerang cat the correct way? I feel like i'm doing something wrong because it feels really underwhelming.

blacklisted

oo- still
pass is rage

You should care how others player, it doesn't effect you unless you play with others. If so just blacklist.

If you're doing something that looks like a greatsword-pierce bowgun hybrid you're doing it right. Anything else is worth nothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=_IrXO2fOfno

Weeee, finally beat Bonenigger.
What's a good HR HBG to replace the Sergios one?

Both my cats have Furr-ious as standard skill, is that a downside?

I feel like it takes away gauge for more important skills

Need help with my URGENT bonetwat quest.

Been sitting in this lobby for 20 mins now, anyone wanna help?

19-4734-5730-6054

You are supposed to change skills. Literally every fighter has Furr-ious.

furr-ious is standard on all fighter palicos. you will never find a fighter palico without furr-ious

Sure, want to help me with mine afterwards?

i'm not even sure what you're asking at this point and i have no idea what your "philosophy" has to do with the question at hand

cats, tuned to do as much as possible, objectively get better times than some hunter weapons, tuned to do as much as possible, and thus are pretty comparable to hunter weapons

what more do you want?

okie just make sure you let me know when its up and what its code is after

Is anyone sharing perfect palicoes, boomerang ones, trappers, healers, etc?

I started this game not long ago but can already tell it'll take me months to find just the palico I want

Need to not have stupid names though, don't want a cat named "swagweed" or shit

>be longsword user
>play shit like fighting games and dark souls
>hear about parry in cross
>get hype

>get game
>get parry
>use parry
>always misses
>unequip parry

Am I missing something here? It seems you can parry a fast move (assuming you're not shit) and since fast moves have so little recovery; the monster just turns and runs up to someone else before the attack portion goes off. You can try to parry one of those big, long windup attacks that are almost always charges and... the monster keeps on going past you in their charge and the counterattack misses. Seems like a non-functional ability to me.

What HR?

How do I fight the Bone Octorok? I've got a bone to pick with him, but I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing.
I've just been stabbing his Totally-Not-Tentacles and then stabbing his, back? I think it's his back anyway.

It'd help if he didn't spend half the hunt in Battleship mode out of my reach.

A cat got a better time than me, god that feels bad.

Unlocked HR turns
64-1883-6179-7512
rage

>finding it for yourself instead of making your own.
TOP KEK
I'm having fun just dicking around with the Mario cat and some random one that inflicts sleep and exhaustion. Not even HR yet.

>the monster keeps on going past you in their charge and the counterattack misses
Are you sure monster is not just missing you? counterattack is fast and the damage it does is usually enough to stagger. The way it should be used is just like evade but you use counter instead.

>You are supposed to change skills
What do you mean, I obv can't switch out Furr-ious

What's are two good add skills here:

>Furr-ious
>Poison Purr-ison
>Piercing Boomerangs

Does Dung Bombay make monsters switch area?

no i'm with you, the counter is dogshit

sounded so cool in theory though

>months
Just check grannies whenever. It really doesn't take long.

German duo is the only public non nips worth anything so you shouldn't feel too bad.

Is there any way to have just two hunter art gauges on the touch screen?

I've checked both the yukumo and bherna grannies after every quest just to find an assist cat with pitfall and shock trap
none yet after a LOT of quests

oh well i'll keep looking

>20 minutes and nobody joined my hi rank nakarkos urgent.

Do I have to solo this fucker?

Right forgot about that. So why worry about the gauge or whatever? Just don't use it.

The counter attack is definitely going off, which afaik doesn't happen if you don't get the parry. On top of that, these aren't "I'm pretty sure the hitbox was big enough" instances, these are me being right in the middle of the hitbox.

I'd definitely wouldn't describe it as fast though, it seems to take between 1 and 2 seconds to go off after the parry.

>he doesn't join a turns room and patiently wait and posts his urgent

do you even mhg senpai

How does a glave anus tail cut even look? All i could is to get a break and then nothing happens no matter how much i hit it. There's definitely a second stage there because it didn't count for subquest.

I'm talking about supporting palicos, not prowler mode. Forget about Furr-ious and answer my other questions!

any tips for someone learning greatsword?

only other weapons I used till now are SA and LBG

I don't really understand the benefit of the kahmbos over just doing lv3 over and over again

Why do you faggots even care if we cheat in gear or palicos, this isnt a competitive game for fuck sake
stop with your autism

Can you post urgents in turn rooms?

Would Plesioth armor be good for aerial IG, or do mounting and vault sound better than they actually are?

I only used the counter once since Gen came out, it was against a charging S. Queen.
When it hit the counter it staggered, but the animation came out later and it looked like It didn't hit. It's pretty weird

Man, I tried that shit once. People just left the second theirs was done and groups fell apart.

if it's your turn

You literally never want to combo with the GS aside from the strong charge to super swipe on a downed monster. GS is all about finding openings for charge attacks.

Usually its a sign of noobs who cant get the gear legitly.

They play like shit.

I hunted with a HR2 who had a maxed out glavenus variant hammer and he didnt even get one KO.

It needs to be glowing hot to sever it, like how Magala needs to be in pissed mode to break its feelers.

You're right user, what's your name so I can hunt with you?

Is the Chammy IG actually shit in Gen? Was my to go glaive in 4U.

just fucking wow
and the damage to cut obviously is counted only when striking the red hot tail, no filling the threshold and then cutting in a single strike?

potemkin
id rather you blacklist me anyways so i dont have to play with toxic faggots like you

usually, but skellybones is a bit fucked since he requires HR7 or up, and HR turns are filled with HR4+

>It's a 'Nothing is wrong with cheating' episode

wow did someone actually take the blacklist seriously and kick me?

The combos are generally used only for smaller mobs, and even then you're probably better off just sheathing and going in for a draw attack.

You pretty much want to do nothing but Lv3's if you can manage, and when you don't have large opening just going in with an unsheathe attack, sheathing, and getting out of dodge will be your bread-and-butter.

Unfortunately GS is all about learning openings and distances, and that's not something that can be verbally taught. Guild is a good syle to learn GS though, mainly because of the strongcharge + sweep. If you've got a monster exhausted or tripped, just unsheathe into another X, hold back and charge for the strong charge, and then smash X after the charge for the sweep - it's like free 3's but stronger .

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

I have cut it when it isn't hot.

Our word is our bond.
Fuck BLACKED