/evog/ - Evolve General

Assault Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609493948032159746

Canon Stories:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-hunter-stories-canon-latest-story-kalas-story/25399

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/352788917753921475/
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/balance-patch-estimated-7-26/94259
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116892109
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do not pick Lazarus you fuckheads edition

Thoughts on wraith being on rotation?

Training should have every character and perk unlocked
I want to test out Crow, Lennox, and Cabot to see if they're worth buying damnit

crow and lennox are worth, cabot is not

HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU BEAT KRAKEN?

EVERY GODAMN FUCKING MATCH THEY RAPE US BLIND

JUST FLY AT MAXIMUM HIGH AND SPAM SHIT ALL DAY WHILE NO ONE CAN PUT DECENT DAMAGE ON THEM

Harpoon them.
Shoot them.

Fucking scalies. How could anyone get off to the idea of removing a wraith's armor and licking her massive body all over, nibbling her neck and kissing her long tentacles? Only another monster would think about her cute mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick cock slick with her saliva, pumping in and out of her mouth until it erupts, the cum more than enough for her to reach stage 3.
The idea of thick viscous semen overflowing, dribbling down her jaw over her busty chest, her big claws scooping it all up and watching her suck it off is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading her smooth veiny thighs, cock poised at the entrance to her pure, tight, virginal pussy, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes her teeth which are slippery with cum, while her large body shudders from having her cherry taken in one quick stroke.
It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over her body while you violate her, feeling her breast ridges hardening against your tongue as you lick her chest and her neck, savoring the scent of her skin and sweat while she trembles from the stimulation and as she reaches her climax, hearing her cry out softly as she has her first orgasm while that cock is buried deep inside her, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot cum spurts forth and floods through her freshly-deflowered pussy for the first time, filling her womb only to spill out of her with a sickening squelch. And as you lie atop her flushed body, she sighs breathlessly and her claws dig into your back as she feels your cock hardening inside her again.
You're all sick in the head.

>HARPOON
THEY JUST FUCKING AA AND SNAP IT PLUS HARPOON DOESN'T BRING DOWN A HOVERING KRAKEN

Stop being Lennox.

Harpoon it again. Just keep doing it so they have to knock it off. Just keep going.

EU servers dead?

Jack can push the kraken out of the air by angling his repulsor above it.

What perks do you take on Markov?

I'm thinking either all damage or Damage/Damage/Reload

>harpoon it which does nothing to stop the high altitude perma flight or have jack orbital drop from the pillar of fire so he can angle down

Harpoon it from behind, not from the direction that its already attacking

Just Harpoon it.

it's hugging the fucking dome with its back, there is no ass to attack

Le epig meme

>some 20 hour shitter whines about balance

steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/352788917753921475/

what a fucking goldmine if you're looking for retards to laugh at

>Play Crow
>Kraken tries to be distant all the time and take cover
>We play the same game
>I just keep charging my shots to slowly drain it permanently
>Forced to come close
>We unleash everything we have and it dies

Fuck this cunt, nerf when

flame goliath is just a better version of goliath? any refund tokens?

Last Thursday and next Tuesday.

She's not even OP, it's just that monster players aren't used to losing.

Don;t refund or they will ban you

What changed/will change, exactly?

Next week
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/balance-patch-estimated-7-26/94259

What already happened

shield burst and shield drone cooldown. It'll pretty much gut her completely and she'll fall to the same level as Bucket/Kala.

>Bucket
Bucket will be better after this.

Just like Rogue Val is the only good medic Hank will be the only really good support. Piss poor balance team.

>Drone Cooldown increased to 6 from 1

Oh boy thank god

That drone is fucking annoying, on top of everything you need 3 basic attacks to destroy it or waste a cooldown just for her to drop another one right after. Then it doesn't help that it shields literally half their HP

Reminder that this game flopped because of its awful writing

hunters have easy mode. they respawn and game tells them where im at 24/7

what story though

>someone picks laz
>you tell them to pick something else
>"LOL BRO LAZ IS GOOD"
>everyone fucking dies and Laz doesn't revive anyone

BRO LAZ SO GOOD BRO FUCK THIS SHIT GAME

>mfw people still don't know the most OP perk for monster

You guys are SHIT LUL

>what story though

That's kind of my point

It's all really bad character dialogue. All of the male characters are dumb and simple and all of the female characters are overly serious and annoying "I KNOW DA SCIENCE" types

what is it

I feel like they nerfed Laz. His "fast revive" isn't fucking fast at all.

But I've been running feeding speed, and slow claws for awhile

Did you run into Kala? Shes the shitest character

Caria is just a nerd

>The gorgon uses Mimic
>right after the Torvald mortared its position
>just as cabot starts damage amping
>every mortar hits
I never thought I'd see that assault do that much damage, holy shit
He lost like 2.5 bars of health instantly

So I've been doing some testing with torvald. When played sorta like a parnell with animation canceling and good tracking he can dish out a hell of a lot of damage but it requires you to have a fully retarded monster.
Even when played at his best I can't see why you wouldn't just play Parnell.
Laz is good.

>Laz is good

I fucking LOVE the Kraken. Why is it such an underplayed monster?

>Play Medic
>Shitty team just runs in circles while i desperately dodge the monster for the whole match
>Monster eventually gets to stage 3 and is able to get me down

>Play as support
>do crazy amounts of damage while shielding on CD
>Medic runs behind a wall and dies because I cant shield them

>Play Hunter
>I know where the monster is the whole match
>team flanking to catch the monster constantly lets it sneak by them even though its fucking marked on the map
>Focus on slowing the monster in fights but our medic just stands in a corner and dies

>Play Assault
>Whole team is absolute trash and does nothing
>I still manage to punch every monster to death quick enough to win

I was trying to carry as Val for the longest time. Guess Lennox is the true carry.

Because Elder is better

ded thread

>Implying I don't know that climbing faster is the most important thing

>When you play Lennox and shrek a Goliath so hard he quits

>All of these Hunter nerfs
>All of these Monster buffs

I get it, in their office they body their expert monster players over and over. Hunters have the advantage.

They really don't seem to understand that the majority of their playerbase just can't hang with the skill differential required between Monster and Hunter. Hunters have to be significantly better at the game than the Monster to even stand a chance as soon as the Monster player hits a basic level of knowing how to play.

People are just not good enough at this game and are NEVER going to get good enough to be able to cut it against the current monster design. They're going to go right back into the dead-game slums with no players if they keep scaring off their new hunters like this.

Monsters are too easy to play at the beginning compared to Hunters. They seriously need to revert the Monster power scaling to where 1 is weak as shit and 3 is overwhelming so shit monsters make it to power mode less, or make the skills combo or something where missing a combo makes you perform like garbage but hitting them consistently like a good player makes you body hunters

He is. You fuckbois just don't like him because he leads to dropped domes which wouldn't be a problem if you guys knew when to dome and didn't panic dome whenever you see a monster.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116892109

this guy is a faggot pedophile

Quitting is actually beneficial because he doesn't lose his win streak.

that's how people go 30+ wins

It feels just as good knowing that not only did you smash the scary winstreak but it wasn't real to begin with and you made the guy rage quit to keep his number.

No that character is shit.

He can't heal and this game is currently about survivability. Picking up dead people is fucking useless because they should not be dead to begin with. That is the problem.

If he picked up dead people and they took 33% less damage for 30 seconds with 20% movespeed or something so the entire plan with a Laz on your team is seriously to just suicide into the monster and die and if the monster knows whats up and doesn't kill you you just blast its ass while it derpvisions after Laz, then he might be good. But currently he's a shit design that doesn't work with their current game.

GOLIATH VS FLAME GOLIATH?

What are the best perks for a gorgon? I've been using silver+gold cooldowns

I always use at least gold cooldown on every monster. It's too fucking good.

Meteor Goliath is significantly better.

I like the rightmost design but the one we got is the best I think. I like that all of the monsters look eerily humanoid.

As Abe once said
>What the fuck, am I crazy or does that Wraith have tits?

I assume all of the monsters are just Kala's gone full hulk then

>drop a really good dome
>it falls before the monster takes health damage because Laz can't keep people alive
>monster escapes

>wait to drop the dome
>the monster kills someone because Laz can't keep people alive
>dome disabled, hunter incapacitated
>monster escapes

What he said. Meteor Goliath is just far better. You know what he loses in exchange for more damage? Practically nothing.

I've won about 60 games of meteor goliath in a row now, where I'm only about twenty-five out of thirty-something on normal Goliath. That's not because I play meteor goliath better, that's for sure.

Is gorgon any good?
Or did it get nerf'd like everything else?

Regular golaith actually has superior damage. meteor goliath just has a longer traversal, more health and armor, larger aoes and a longer charge.

The larger aoes and longer traversal are the big things that make meteor goliath better

Gorgon is probably the lowest skill ceiling and most pub stompy Monster along with Wraith, so yes. You should have a 90%+ winrate with it.

The occasional good hunter team will make you try a little harder.

>Quitting is actually beneficial because he doesn't lose his win streak
How? Quitting counts as a loss

>tfw you have to buy all the monster cooldown perks because you can't get them by leveling
>and they cost a shit ton of keys

Meaty's DoTs add up to more damage overall, don't they?
It definitely felt like they did after he stopped being free and I switched to OG.

Nah. Normal goliath has higher base damage, but that doesn't matter since the burn does more damage in total anyway. Goliath only does more damage if you're hitting everyone with every ability in a row. Which tends not to happen.

When do rotations rotate? Any word on the next hunters/monster?

They do actually. 40dps a second every five seconds.

Auto attacks also dont apply the dot and the dot does not stack

For reference with both of the claw perks youre adding 69 damage a seconds

Every Friday or Saturday, I think.

No info yet.

>tfw you can't decide to buy kala or M goliath

Oh so it just reset last night or something? Shit son I only just started playing yesterday.

>buy kala
Dont you EVER fucking think about buying her. She is borderline the worst support and offers nothing to the team. M goliath is actually usable and wont make people leave the game immediately unlike monster bitch

Also, since the dots dont stack, chaining your abilities with moliath might produce less dps than ability chaining with goliath

After crunching the numbers. The standard charge/leapsmash/flamebreath combo that you can hit very reliably, adds up to a whopping 1307 damage for goliath and 1249 for moliath

This also takes place over 2-3 seconds so moliaths burn tick hits two to three times for 80-100

Which means that yes, moliath does. ALWAYS do more damage than goliath. In addition to having his longer leap, larger aoes, more health and armor.

Goliath buffs WHEN

Kala's utility is non-existent if the hunters could not coordinate or capitalize on it.

Yeah, last rotation was Slim/Sunny/Maggie/Blitz Markov which kicked more asses than the current one.

Kala is complete garbage, get her if you want to waste keys and lose games. MG is neat

Also meteor's breath is about twice as effective.

kala is just so fucking annoying. I'm always tempted to quit whenever I see a Kala or and Abe, but I don't because I don't want to be a dick.

Its the same damage over a longer duration. Flame breath is the one thing goliath has over moliath because youre not sitting there staring like a dumbfuck twice as long for the same damage.

Its just shines for wildlife cooking because its super long, same deal for sunny drone and mines/poons

>Abe
Why's that?

CAN THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN DO IT

every time some shitter picks Slim, a black baby is born

Meteor Goliath is actually a good character. Kala is literally worst girl.

>match found
>you get monster
>enemy team is lennox, griffon, rogue val, and sunny
to dodge, or not to dodge, that is the question

All incorrect.

You'll never guess what it is scrubs.

fucking tracker darts man. I'm pretty sure that those things slow, and they're fucking annoying.

enlighten us then, sensei

it's obviously smell range

Behemoth when

That's the thing though, you can hit the entire enemy team with the range on meteor's breath, where it's pretty shitty in general for normal goliath. Plus the added never having to use anything else to kill wildlife.

On meteor you peek around a corner, hit the entire hunter team for 20% of their health with little risk. Or you hit a shield generator or field of mines from long range. On normal goliath its only use is for hitting people who are using all their fuel to fly high, apart from that you're better off just using your fists of fury.

alright. should I buy Meteor goliath, Gorgon, or a hunter? I've heard pretty good things about M goliath, but I kinda want to try something new with the monsters. Assuming that the only good monsters are goliath/M goliath, kraken/E kraken (who's expensive as fuck by the way), and wraith, I'll probably get a good assault/support/medic.

Get whatever role you have most fun playing, obviously.

Gorgon's pretty good too. The spider trap disable anything the hunter has, so you acid spitting the hunter inside usually leaves them with near-zero health left.

Definitely one of the harder monsters to play, though, for trap placement alone.

>level 39 as Abe

After I get his skin I never want to play abe again

SO
CLOSE

It's the smell range perk, he's correct.