At what age did you realise speeding is a meme?

At what age did you realise speeding is a meme?

>use way more fuel
>constantly panic about getting caught
>everyone thinks you are a faggot
>more hard work

Travelling at 60 instead of 80 for example even over a relatively long trip you'll still get there at about the same time because of all the time burned waiting at red lights or stuck in traffic.

Are you fucking retarded or what?

Eh, I drive with the upper echelon pace of traffic now. There's no reason to blow by everyone way over the pace of surrounding cars unless you're in an emergency.

That doesn't mean I regard the speed limit though.

4 hour drive at 80 miles an hour = 320 miles traveled

4 hour drive at 60 miles an hour = 240 miles traveled

>80
>speeding
That's the recommended Autobahn speed, and doing considerably less will turn you into a hazard whenever you pull out of the truck lane.

>implying you will achieve an average of 80mph

>Used to cruise at 80 in a 65
>Pulled over constantly (always either let off or given some no point, $50 fine)
>Realize cops have their radars set for 10 over
>Cruise at 73/74
>Never pulled over

You just need to know how to do it right.

Do you seriously not understand relativity? If the recommended speed is 80 then no shit it's not speeding; not every road is the Autobahn. Most highways over various countries are somewhere between 55-70

Meh, I just shift into final gear and cruise at low rpms. Never felt the need to speed.

try driving in Michigan, most highway speed limits are 70. cruising for long periods of time at 80 is no special feat.

>80
>speeding
If you aren't keeping with the flow of highway traffic then you are a bigger problem than speeders

And if your highway traffic averages below 80 your drivers are pussies

>mfw speed limits are 75-80 in my area
>mfw have to travel 200+ miles a day for work
Maybe when you don't have to constantly travel for work and you have the same commute in traffic, speed doesn't matter

OP confirmed for dumbfuck doing 55 in the left lane in his shitbox

OP it's not our fault your shitbox can't reach 80.

I go quickly sometimes to not get stuck at a red light. Some lights I know don't stay green for long. I especially hate waiting at red lights where some idiot was dawdling along 20 under the limit in front of you and they're the only one who manages to get through.

You have people who don't know how to speed without getting caught so they hate when anyone else does and so they hog the fast lane.

Whereas I am aware when the police have a road safety operation going on, know which speed cameras don't work, know that most speed cameras have at least a 5km/h tolerance. And you can just tell on a road where the police might set up a speed trap. Anywhere your visibility ahead is compromised and can't see if there's anyone waiting for you or not. If you can see ahead that there's no police then there's no fucking police.

The only thing that can surprise one nowadays is the mobile speed cameras they use now. But they put signage up before you come up to them as well, so you just have to keep your eyes out really.

For the most part I usually just go a little bit over so that even if got my speed checked by a cop or mobile camera operator, no shits are given anyway

Not defending OP but the samefag isb't even subtle

>400 mile commute
>using a car
What a cuck

>be OP
>drive a 140mph German saloon
Nice try, enjoy your bus journey home

not but you're assuming that he said 200+ miles one way.

I'm making the opposite assumption, that 200+ miles is round trip.

>shits on one user for using a car
>shits on another user they should take a bus

only 140?

'no'

>uses the manufactures specifications of 140mph
>never goes above 55mph

So it isn't a 140mph car is it because it will never ever go that high, so once again your shitbox 'won't' reach 80mph kek

>m-muh MPG
>a-am I being detained o-officer?
>m-muh feelings
>it's h-hard

Congratulations, I think we found a new king-cuck.

I get $500 per hour on the road, and $1 per mile.

Not to mention I get paid for labor services as well on top of our flat rate.

I have to drive to port cities, do you want me to take a boat or something you dumb Yurocuck?

It depends. One time I drove from Houston to Seattle for a single job. Most jobs average around 200 miles round trip though.

At what age did you realize that 55mph with constant 40 and 45mph construction zones was unacceptable for a highway?

Who are you arguing with dumb animeposter?

>be amerifat
>can't take boat in case his weight causes it too sink
>can't take plane in case 9/11 happens again
>can't take train because obongo is killing them off

such is the life of amerilards

>justpretendingtoberetarded.jpeg

are you like 10 or something?

>amerifats get anally blasted as soon as their weight is mentioned

fucking kek

>computer screen for dials
>ever

>been pretty close to its top speed a few times and it was still accelerating
>he thinks you need to go faster than about 120mph ever in practical terms
Rob Ferretti please leave

you argue like a woman.

...its a 90s Mercedes. The dials are analog you dumbfuck.

>Jeep can't even do the 80 mph speed limit without an overdrive
>sit at 65 and never worry about getting pulled over
>accelerate like a grandpa and sit at exactly 35 in town
Feels good

>going to Cali
>I'm going 80
>you're going 60
>every hour you fall 20 minutes behind me

>implying you can't travel on a burgerstan interstate at 85 til you run out of gas

That still doesn't stop dumbasses in my area from going 90+ in their lifted Jeeps.

The only crash I've seen in my life was a new model 4 door Jeep Sahara with a lift and all these tacticool accessories end up rolling over right after passing me. I was going about 85 and he was easily going 90 or above.

Wrangler drivers are the ultimate morons. They're driving a 1940s design thinking it can keep up at interstate speeds

With my gearing I'd literally be maxing out the transmission and redlining the engine trying to hold the speed limit. They can pass me all day long and answer to the highway patrol.

>what are interstates

Everyone in New Jersey goes around 5-10 mph over the limit on most roads, as a rule. It shaves a decent chunk of time off my commute.
Also there aren't lights on most highways.

>city speed limits reduced from 50kph to 30kph for muh cyclists
>there's hardly any cyclists ever
>Ring road limited to 70kph from 90/110kph because muh pollution
>pollution has worsen since the speed was reduced
>Rural road arbitrarily limited to 70kph/80kph for no logical reason.

I'll respect the speed limit when it makes fucking sense.

That sounds awful

Just keep with the flow of traffic. Speed limit is 55 mph. When I drive on rush hour, it's 65-70. If not rush hour 60-65.

Fact: over the course of a lifetime, it will save you literal weeks of your life not sitting in a car
Fact: not all cars burn more gas speeding, that can depend on the design of the car/ motor, and gear ratios within the transmission (driving style is also a huge factor)
Fact: different countries are more lenient with limits, in Canada the general rule of thumb is between 10 - 20kph over the posted limit for highway. 10kph over in cities. it is rare to see someone do exactly the limit on a highway in Canada.
Light speeding is saving weeks of my life one day at a time user, and life is short.

I cruise at 80 on the motorways, because it just gets me there faster. Few speed cameras, and my satnav warns me about the ones that ARE there.

I've stopped doing absurd speeds in 30 limits, mostly by changing up my route to shorter distances but more stops. I got 3 points for doing 50 in a 30, because that's what you HAVE to do in order to make the next set of lights.

Entrapment is real.

this is true. i get 38mpg on my zx14 at 75 but 46mpg at 90. it literally is not meant to be driven slow

I have a road like that coming home from work. The road between the highway and my neighborhood. There are 3 or 4 stoplights, and you need to do ~52mph to make them all just as they turn yellow. Any less and you get stuck at every damn one. Speed limit is 45mph so it isn't that bad.

Souffrons en silence !

I agree with you, especially on road trips.

I've found on road trips it's better to do like 7mph over on the highway - low enough you probably won't get pulled over and very easy to slow down if you see a cop. The key for good time on road trips is average speed - which factors in having to get fuel and pee stops. I found when I speed that my average speed doesn't raise very much at all and that the extra stress and danger isn't worth it.

It's way more beneficial to have less fuel stops and to choose place to get gas that are quick on and off. Also time saving is making sure meals are efficient and lined up. Because while getting fuel and food your average speed drops way more than 10 less mph would.

For around town by me there is enough traffic that speeding isn't really much of a benefit there either. You have to weave between cars and that's just being an asshole.

>You have to weave between cars and that's just being an asshole.
Not if the other side of the road is empty. So many people don't think of overtaking on the other side which makes it so fun to do

>I should call Americans fat to help pass the time while Jamal Mohammed Jamalibad gives my wife AIDS and terrorism babies and the government empties my bank account and paycheck to make sure he's well fed and can bring all his terrorist friends with him

do you have 31 inch tires and over 5:1 gearing and no OD? wtf.

>speed limits are so low that literally everyone speeds

>>use way more fuel
Depends on the car, mine gets 15 MPG pretty much no matter what.
>>constantly panic about getting caught
Nah, cops are literally never around unless its a holiday weekend or something
>>everyone thinks you are a faggot
lol
>>more hard work
What?
>Travelling at 60 instead of 80 for example even over a relatively long trip you'll still get there at about the same time because of all the time burned waiting at red lights or stuck in traffic.
Are you literally retarded? The longer the trip the more benefit speeding has since you'll save more time by speeding even five over. Besides that, where the fuck do you live that there's that many stop lights on a road labeled 60 mph?

I do all the fucking time on the highway.

Just a stock TF727 with stock sized tires. 65 mph has me sitting at 2600 rpm on flat ground and there's a warning sticker in the door jam saying not to go over 75 and if you get close to that it feels like shit is going to start falling apart.

What jeep do you have? My XJ will easily do 75 in 3rd with an extra 1000 RPM to go. In OD it's not even even at 3k, I think I hit the governor before the redline.

>fuel costs as an excuse against driving fast

hahahahahahaha

can't afford a little gas?
why are you even on this board

An old Wagoneer. It could go further but you hit valve float at 4200 rpm and you'd hear some not so nice top end noises before that.

>not noting down your fuel economy and driving for maximum MPG for the satisfaction
>being a virgin instead

pic related

Highway patrol, please go

if i go to a car show or car event of any kind and talk to a person and that person says to me that they DO NOT speed i:
1.)dont like them
2.)instantly classify them as a sheep

speeding is fun and there are tons of situations in which it is perfectly safe to do so

OPS ARGUMENT IS TOTALY INVALID IF YOU DONT ALWAYS STOP AT RED LIGHTS OR STOP SIGNS

OP ALSO FORGETS THAT BY SPEEDING YOU WILL MISS RED LIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD OTHERWISE HIT

Don't get me wrong, I like to speed and drive like a maniac on country roads to have fun, but I never saw the point of cruising at stupid speeds on a long trip for the reasons in the OP.

Is this what cucks do for entertainment?

I've stopped driving flat out recklessly. Some time in the past five years I stopped being the fastest driver on the road.

I still have a V1 and keep pace with the faster drivers. If the limit is 60 I'm usually doing 70-75. Sometimes I like to get home faster and do 80-90 if it's a nice day or something. But no more triple digits and on surface roads I usually stick to five over max

It just happens when you get older. Your testosterone levels decrease, you realize you don't have anything to prove, you slow down

No its what people with autism do when they have too much time on their hands.

I can't be the only person on Veeky Forums to log my fuel economy, surely.

>tfw going 130-140mph for several minutes at a time on the long, flat highways of Kansas
Feels like you're barely moving when you slow back down to 85 to 'safely' pass a group of cars.

I've been using Fuelly to track my mpg and other data on my 3 vehicles for about a year

$500 AN HOUR ON THE ROAD, what are you driving nuclear waste? $4000 a day to drive seems pretty extreme.

Why didn't you pretend you log it for work and get reimbursed?
That's a thing people without the autism do.

>tfw interstate to everywhere cause I live in the middle of nowhere

when It boring because of steady state
now I just work with that and avoid having to slow down or speed up

>hes never enjoyed America's interstate highways

Because I'm a uni student and they don't cover travel costs.

I took this screenshot for this thread just now. Coming home from work on burgerstan highway

You could have lied when someone called you an autismo.

>have time to go into the store and request a receipt at pay at the pump fuel stations
>have time to write down the mileage of my car while people wait behind me at the pump
>have time to make a Google sheets page of my fuel consumption
>thinking I'm not on the autism scale
hmm

The fuck are you on about? I've hit 95 in my 4 speed XJ a few times and maxxed the speedo at 100 about a month ago.

Do you drive a lifted CJ or something?

Pics of Wagoneer?
>pls be wood trim

Where's that?

Here's an old picture from a few months after I got it but it looks the same still.

>tfw only Wagoneer in city without wood trim

Obviously a loser country, his units are in kucked per hour

I average 85-90 on the I5 between LA and SD. "Speeding" saves meaningful amounts of time on long distance trips, assuming you're not a retarded cunt that drives during high traffic seasons like memorial day weekend or shit like that

if you're only talking about putting around your local metro area, sure, but you're a faggot

18, when I got my first speeding ticket. I like driving the speed limit on the straightaways. On the bends, however, you bet your ass I'm doing 60 in a 30 turn.

16 when I lost my license. Honestly for the best, I drove like a complete piece of shit.

I just go 5-10 over now depending on flow of traffic. 10 years later and still going strong.

Might want to check your math again.

>agreeing with a tripfag
dammit, but you're right.

I bomb the 5 from LA the opposite direction until Williams and doing 75 vs 85 is an hour difference

>Speedometer larger than Tachometer

The fuck you trying to be riceboi?

Haven't learned yet at 21 and have court for 80 in a 55 I hired a lawyer off of Craigslist so I should be good

^

Jesus Christ you guys actually went 3 digits regularly on surface roads? I usually feel like an asshole to everyone else for going greater than 15 over.

I'm 28 and I still treat speed "limits" as suggestions. Cops don't chase bikes around here and in my car I use radar/laser detector and laser shifters. Hit the triple digits any time there is no traffic. In traffic I tend to drive very defensively though, huge following distances and careful lane changing. Unless racing of course but that's different. Then its bump drafting the whole way down the straight.

I drive like I'm not afraid to die because I fuckin' ain't.

i like to go fast

>live in San Francisco
>hills everywhere
>never any straight roads
>cars everywhere
>traffic jams everywhere
>parallel parking on a steep as hill with manual is a nightmare

Only saving grace is I drive out of the city to work and against traffic, feels bad for all these suckers who drive in to the city every morning and jammed up the ass

>driving to work one day
>see a 911 Turbo zig zagging tho traffic at 80mph+
>5 minutes later I see him pulled over by a cop
>mfw

Yes, It's not that big of a deal, it's not 1908... In North America we have big open roads not old horse trails like the UK. Not to mention the average car here is ~200hp with big brakes, it's fine.

This. I fucking hate finishing a road trip for that reason. Everywhere I go feels like you're crawling and there are so many long, straight, flat highways here that even at 100mph you feel like you're not getting anywhere.

I live in the northwestern US so it kind of is

>go east
>one lane each way
>one side is forest with deer
>the other side is a guardrail and ditch/ravine/river
>in the middle, potholes

>go west
>two lanes each way
>one side is fenced off private property
>the other side is fenced off private property
>potholes inbetween
>tractor in front of you