Dad and stepmom hate me driving their $15000 cars so they tell me I'm fucked on getting to work but my actual mom lets...

Dad and stepmom hate me driving their $15000 cars so they tell me I'm fucked on getting to work but my actual mom lets me drive her 2010 benz when I'm with her. I've had to borrow cars for two months and I'm starting to think I should just disown my dad and stepmom when I graduate

nice blog post faggot

Was going for more of suggestion on how to get a car post but whatever ya fuck-a-potamous

Make some money. Buy shitbox. Pay insurance and reg on shitbox. Learn how to fix shitbox.

Had 95 neon shitbox but shitbox blew timing belt and had timing instructions on cam cover which the car didn't have.

>blew timing belt
>expects the service instructions to be printed on the car

well now you'll check your timing belt every couple of oil changes wont you?

you just set the car to top dead centre at the end of a compression stroke on cylinder 1 then you line up the arrows on the engine and gears and slip the new belt on.

it's not hard.

however your head might be fucked so idk worth a try you might get lucky if you want to gamble on a 50$ belt to see if it will still run.

Ok

Kinda hard to check a belt every service when you didn't have the shitbox long enough to service it. Cam cover wasn't on the engine that was supposed to have been rebuilt 20,000 mi ago. No belt should have blown for at least another 10,000 miles

Are you complaining because your parents won't let you drive their car? Holy shit bus it and in 2 months you can buy cheap transportation. Quit being a shitty child. I would tell you to fuck off if you were my kid. Do you at least ask them or do you expect them to just give you a car. 2 months? How do you not have at least 1500 saved.

I live in nowhereville and work at walmart part time. I'm still in highschool and feel it isn't completely bullshit to ask for a car that runs. Especially when the nearest place that will hire you is literally 42 fucking miles away.

Have you asked them to sponsor you? I know pt at Walmart can't be much but you really should have some money saved, especially being in hs. Literally don't spend your checks and you should be able to afford some sort of transportation. Starting from the bottom sucks I know but unfortunately you have to start somewhere.

I have $850 but the people who, generously, let me borrow their vehicles only own suburban-esk vehicles. Gas is pretty monstrous. Plus texas is pretty shit on people selling cars for $4000 that don't even run

What do you mean by sponsor? Like ask Wal-Mart to sponsor me?

Fair enough. You're going to have to really lower your standards on a vehicle. At this point it would just need to run. And have a bit of cash on hand for when it tanks. Any old Honda would really do. I get you on the gas part, no way around it. But in your first post you come off very entitled. Like your dad and stepmom owe it to you to buy a car for you or they have to let you borrow a car. Wrong attitude for sure.
Like sponsor as in loan you some cash. Have them get you a car and you just give them your checks till its paid

Honda's are very dangerous in my area. It's stance central with nigger rigging being a profession here. I need a car that runs but people will literally run module string as a belt and we all know that's going to FUCK up an engine. I need a car with a bulletproof motor and tranny. I can get everything else. But texas has a motor fetish with vehicles with blown motors on the verge of seazing

>having stepmom
There's your problem.

Kek

Is the stepmom hot?

I bet if OP seduces her, she won't mind if he borrows the car. /b/ would love to hear the story too.

No. I'm not into turtles.

buy a $500 turd and fix it with junkyard parts.
This is how I, and most my friends, financially survived high-school and college and still had car.

Or take the fucking bus.

If the nearest walmart is 40 miles away wtf makes you think I have a bus route?

Hondas are fine as long as they're stock

Toyota is good too

What are some hidden fuckerys I should notice? I won't touch a car with any form of aftermarket unless it was maybe an air intake. But even then, anyone who puts money into looking fast probably "hot-rods" hot rodding in Honda's and other four bangers is screaming engine failures.

Curious, why do you think the price of the car is relevant?
You think your mom's $15,000 merc is any more important than your dad's $15,000 kia?
It's not.
And it doesn't matter how much a car costs, their car could cost $2000 and they could still not like you driving it.

My mom drives an e550 convertable. It's kind of an expensive car to just lose in the event of an accident. My point is, my mom trusts me with her expensive car more than my dad trusts me with his (based on his pay) cheap car.

Okay so your mom has a $20,000 car.
I'll let you in on a secret.
Both of those are expensive.
I'll let you in on another secret.
No one will ever be comfortable with you driving their car.
If you need a car so badly, and you think your mom is the bestest ever, why don't you ask her for a small loan of $2,000 to get your own car.
If she trusts you so much I'm sure she'll have zero problem believing you'll repay her such a small amount.

Because borrowing money isn't something I do for obvious reasons.

Then you have to take a gamble on shitbox like me

So you came to Veeky Forums to baww that your dad won't let you borrow his car.
But you won't take any initiative to get your own car?
You really have no perspective.

Get a manual Saturn s series and keep a jug of oil in the trunk

>Was going for more of suggestion on how to get a car post but whatever ya fuck-a-potamous
how was anyone supposed to figure that out when you didn't mention it at all in the OP??

I'll let you in on a secret.

Ethan is a faggot and doesn't know anything about cars.

Fair enough