Other urls found in this thread:

philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/5548482095.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YIArHoMf_XA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck honda

1st for dropped TW for the first time on the road today

>took my KLX to school for the first time so I could drop off a paper
>met a dude with a DRZ400 and talked with him for a bit
>on my way in the door another guy stopped me and started talking about my bike, saying he was getting a CRF plated
Was a pretty good day.

Post your first bike.

My parents got me a 73 Honda mini trail from my cousin when I was 6, he bored it out to a 90cc and I still have it. Me and him plan on restoring it for his daughter.

Post your Suzukis.

i have the same bike
...or rather, i have a shiver, which is the same frame and motor, but considerably comfier and a bit lower on the front.
the vtwin does wonders on both highway and city riding, but it's a tad heavy if you're into skidding
>considering you're coming from a ninjette i'd say not

I plan on it, one day just go wide head on into a dump truck by a quarry 15 mins from my house. Easiest way to make it look like an accident imo. Dont want to leave my family thinking they could have done something.

Rip nikka

I really love the look of motards, they seem like alotta fun, my only worry is 75mph on the highway for a little over 2 hours

DR650 is both, coincidentally enough.

My body may not be ready, but muh lights are

On a related note, be sure to die young on your bikes, getting old sucks, being slow, not able to see, back aching. ...Just die now while it's all still gud.

meant for

and this is the dorso
i ended up with the shiver because it has a smidge more power and an actual seat

i'd like to end up creating an hackjob of the two, i've already stiffened my suspension and i'm trying to understand if i can port the fender directly or if some niggery is required

If you're not doing that every week or more, why not?

it's a 750 vtwin, so no worries

Or you could just ride up to Denver and be my friend instead of a dead faggot.

Couldn't be happier

I'm old and don't know how these Internet tubes work.

Jelly, I want a DRZ400 for shitbike adventures.

How is that bike in dualsport trim on the road?

It's kind of funny when people ask what it is, and look confused when I tell them it's a DRZ.

should i?

Not bad at all, it just leans into corners a little bit slower than the SM. I have it geared really tall (16-41) so it does just fine cruising at 70.

Damn thats tall as fuck isnt the dualsport one geared at 15/47 factory? Id go down to 14 in the front cause i dont really care about highway cruising cause I have another bike for that

Wash your bike inside the garage?
No. No you shouldn't.

I have an old Yamaha. I'd say if you can afford it and keep up on maintaining it, then yeah

Slightly related, how do i clean this filth

Stock gearing for the S is 15/44, and the SM is 15/41. This is my do-it-all bike so I have it set up to work better for that. I still ride trails and shit with it, but the trick is to never stop or go too slow on an uphill section or I'll be lugging real hard.

are they more expensive than the average old bike?

When i was 15years old, 50cc but not bad really, i was a bit fat but the feeling of freedom was amazing.

nice

pressure washer

Ayy lmao
Mine is the "big" brother of yours.

>spaniard 125 cuck
i thought you left

>Never stop or go too slow
Well I'd be fucked then haha, if I were to get one it'd be a pure shitbike adventure machine cause I have an SV650 for road duty that is being ridden like a dualsport on twisting gravel roads and creek crossings currently.

>REPOSTING

Any wrenchers here?

Having a front brake issue

Had a low-speed high-side in the dirt when my front wheel slipped out from under me in some really slick mud on top of hard earth and now my front brake is behaving oddly

For instance, if I squeeze the front brake progressively and downshift like normal, it will more travel before bottoming out

This is hard to explain

Say the front brake normally had 2 inches of travel from rest to full pressure, I'll apply those two inches and then downshift and the brake lever will go an additional 1/2 inch of travel

What could be causing this?

Thanks /dbt/

Implying you can leave this place

Is there really any point to buying motorcycle boots if I already have several pairs of work boots?

i mean, if you don't value your ankles...
> in all seriousness, they really are a must only in the dirt or twisties

Depends.

Are they sturdy enough to take a spill without shredding off your feet? Are you comfy enough shifting in them or resting on the pegs? Do they have annoying floppy laces?

only your ankles

I wear work boots but they are high like combat boots. I was wearing tanker boots when I got hit and they saved my leg, no joke. Anything ankle or lower and I'd be five toes on a trike today.

Are you saying the lever is squeezing in too much or your forks are compressing too much?

>for road duty that is being ridden like a dualsport on twisting gravel roads and creek crossings currently.

>tfw

>tfw I own a Z50J

what's some weeb music to listen while riding?
just discovered "dance with the dead" and it's p. fucking goat

The amount of travel on the brake lever is variable, is the problem

Assume "Full lock" is squeezing the brake lever in 3"
I'll squeeze the lever in 3" and, as I'm slowing down, the lever squeezes an additional 1-2"

The "Braking force" doesn't change, but it's unsettling

Its fun but I'd rather have a dedicated dualsport.

have you checked for air bubbles?

how reliable are aprilia motorcycles?

I hear they're called Aprilia because they only work in April

Check your brake line for damage.

They're leather and have steel toes and steel supports in the soles so I'd assume they're sturdy enough. I've never noticed a lack of ankle support.

why don't you get a cheap one?

what does /dbt/ think of riding shoes?

>I'd rather have a dedicated
me too Tbh

this maybe when the bike was upside down afteh the crash some air from the reservoir got into the brake lines

Will do so
No damage, I figured there was bubbles in the brake line but I wanted to describe the problem and see if anyone else would suggest the same

mechanically?
a lot
it's the electronics that give me some doubts
>as an example the fuel light is really the ecu feeling lonely, as it appears to have a mind of it's own
fuk u

The market is pretty shitty for them around here all there is on CL is overpriced DRZ-SMs with the occasional like new DRZ-S for 5k or thereabouts with like 1000 miles. I just got done paying for school so I never really had the means to get one but I've wanted one for a while. I'm saving now and keeping an eye on CL.

I can't decide between an mt-09 tracer and the drz400sm. Tracer would be better highway/touring but drz with some tkc80's would be better off road, wat do?

the v twins aren't that much but I don't think I trust getting an italian

Nah not every week, every month, maybe two, so I suppose you're right, can't possibly be worse than my ninja 250, even geared higher it's still shit.

Find something like this senpai.

philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/5548482095.html

if you actually have trails nearby get the drz
it's still quite pigfat, but the tracer is undrivable on anything more tecnical than a dirt road

If you want to off-road why not get the S?

Most of the stuff posted on NewRetroWave is damn good. They have some free albums too like the Dream Compilations.

do you think this armoured hoodie for $190 is any good?

Tempted to pick up a CB125F for commuting to work. Has anyone used one before?

Don't 125 if you don't have to. Trust me.

>says the Harley shill
i shiggy diggy doo

>when they say italian bikes have character they forget to say how much they are pissy

4-5k is a good price for it
i paid mine 4300yuros

like powerglove stuff?

what kind of commute? 125 is realllly tiny.. i have a 175 for around the city and it pisses me off sometimes

Unless its made out of some heavy duty Cordura or Kevlar its a useless gimmick.

Got me some sweet swag in the mail today.
Thanks I.M.R.G

>carb god: pleased
>short that was blowing fuses: fixed
>new tyre: lying on my desk right now
>quick ride listening dnb to test for explosions: done
>gangsta's paradise was #1 in Billboard's top 100 when this thing first bought

Money can buy a great deal of things, but it can't buy them home mechanic feels.

It's just filtering for 9 miles, which is why I thought I could live with a little engine. I want some of dat fuel economy.

I was looking at it on revzilla too, it sounds way too flimsy

will indian ever stop sending you free shit?
>are you bribing them with necklaces

a hoodie looks too large to be a proper protections anyway
unless you're wranon

Yeah it's fucking nice. Really small, filtering is great. Double as fast as my 50cc scooter and I already felt comfortabl filtering on that. It just lacked the top speed to go with the traffic flow (~50-60km/h). Fuel economy is great.

As a city bike a 125 is more than enough. I commuted over 3 years on a 50cc and was fine.

hey brother know that's what I call a motorcycle

No idea. I hope not lol.
I guess it's part of being in the group. So far so good.

Now I just need a new belt to go with it

Awesome, that's what I hoped for. I'll give it a chance I think, I can always just sell it on.

It's really, really tiny. Overtaking it not very realistic at >90km/h. Cheap to run, cheap parts, cheap insurance, uses very little fuel. It's a good vehicle.

Consider a 250 (such as a CBF250) if you have the license for it. Can get about 3l/100km if ridden conservatively, it's still small and can do about 130km/h or 140km/h on a good day.

see
a bike can bring happiness even in the darkest of times

i just received my new shifter
>spent the money i had stashed on vidya for it
>prolly gonna the wiiU and use the ps4 money for a new exhaust

now, should i go for undertail or conventional?

how come it is so impossible to find MT01s? they never come up for sale.

Mega Drive, Flash Arnold, Dynatron, OGRE. There's too many artists but most of them have some good songs. Listen to the mix albums and compilations.

This one is damn good youtube.com/watch?v=YIArHoMf_XA

stock

double undertail, then
>akrapovich is 1k+

Here in Spain you still can find them but they all are more than 6000€ and like from 2006-2008 and so on. Not usually a great deal.

Which bike are we talking? The traditional ones have a special place in my heart.