New civic. What mods should I put on it?

I'm thinking of a new color scheme similar to the pic. Make it look like an ek9. I'm also looking at the following.

-brake pads
-new exhaust system
-new spoiler
-turbocharger
-new sound system
-new direct ram intake

What does Veeky Forums think?

sounds like you don't know what you're talking about
>captcha
>select all images with a bus

I think this is a b8

Have funpaying over 3000 painting your piece of shit honda

You're looking at a lot of money unless you want it to vee a piece of shit.
A turbocharger system gets really expensive if you don't buy used or ebay parts.
That being said, the only eBay parts to be wary of are turbos and manifolds. If you have the ability, make a manifoldyourself so you know the welds are secure and you use good materials, and buy a used T25 or T3 for that size engine.
EBay intercoolers and other things are as good as any other one.

EBay intercoolers are hit and miss. Some a shit some are ok, very few are good.

don't use the ebay wastegate or bov either
as a matter of a fact, if you want it to be quality, don't use an ebay kit
they don't come with management either

I didn't mean an eBay kit, I just meant a part here or there from eBay.
And if you want to trust haggard garage, some eBay turbos are good too

Speaking as a civic owner
>this

Its a shit box hoon on it till you get bored and sell it to some greasy spic or till it isn't worth fixing

If you want to waste your money go right ahead i won't stop you but expect 99% of responses to be memes

the turbo caught fire for onion's first drift event
I wouldn't use any parts from ebay except for hoses/piping and the oil feed
maybe not even those

The turbo itself didn't catch in fire, because turbos can't catch on fire, they're metal. He said that he found an oil leak onto his exhaust and that's what the fire was. Also he reused that turbo just recently on his geo.

Either way OP, if you want to do it right, avoid eBay parts.

Buy someone else's project civic that they ran out of money / interest for.

You are going to spend 6k+ on a car worth at most 2k and then either crash it or lose interest in it and sell it at a huge loss.

I watched the video, and yeah there was an oil leak. Maybe I should word myself better, but there was a fire in his engine bay, if that's better. And if you want to correct people, then yes, metal actually is flammable. I can light steel wool on fire.

But is it really a loss if you had fun doing it and driving it?
The answer is yes.

>new spoiler
Put a lip on it first.

What's wrong with finding a deal for like $250 to make your shitbox not look so shit?

I'm planning on repainting my '05 Civic EX soon, I've found some really cheap deals.

>If you have the ability, make a manifold yourself

The guy lists an exhaust, a turbo and a air intake as if they were totally and unrelated 'mods' that bared no relation to one another. Of course he can't build his own manifold.

since this is already a hondafag thread
Should I do any mods to my base RSX?
Or should I just sell it and move to a Type S when I have more cash?

Why do ricefags spend so much money on a FWD shitbox? All that shit goes to waste on boring under steer.

depends. Is it your only car?
If yes, than just trade it for a Type S.
If no, take the engine out and swap in Type S pistons, a Type S head and a Type S ECU.

You sound like someone whose never driven a good FWD car in anger before.
confirmed for not knowing shit.