/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 24th:
41 – Roman Emperor Caligula, known for his eccentricity and sadistic despotism, is assassinated by his disgruntled Praetorian Guards. The Guard then proclaims Caligula's uncle Claudius as Emperor
1900 – Second Boer War: Boers stop a British attempt to break the Siege of Ladysmith in the Battle of Spion Kop.
1911 – Japanese anarchist Shūsui Kōtoku is hanged for treason in a case now considered a miscarriage of justice.
1961 – Goldsboro B-52 crash: A bomber carrying two H-bombs breaks up in mid-air over North Carolina. The uranium core of one weapon remains lost.

>News
CK2 - The Reaper's Due Announced
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-reapers-due-is-here.958881/

HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.3 - 22/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lka5QLTvraQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Reminder to have fun.

Where the fuck is my HoI4 patch paradox

This will leave them pretty butthurt.

I think most butthurt people will be the mods for constantly having to deal with the autism of /gsg/

We should really give them a break for once

End of the month when they come back from vacations probably

>OP make first post in his own the thread
>delete to pretend he didn't do it
kek

>He bought HoI4

well the OP made the first post here too, whats your point?

>not buying the games you like

It's sahel motherfucking jihad time.

It shows why you made the thread earlier

I didn't make the other thread, my only other post here is

>he likes HoI 4

Ok, it shows why the OP made the thread earlier

I do and I buy the games I like.
I support paradox.
Stay mad poorfag.

yeah well hes probably a faggot

>he thinks I'm poor because I don't waste my money on somalian subsidies

BTFO

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.
Fucking edgy teens straight out of /pol/ aka /b/.

Sorry for all the trouble I caused you /gsg/.

I'm retiring from shitposting and I will never bother anyone in this general ever again.

Hopefully some day you can forgive me and accept me as a part of this great general. After all we are all grand strategy fans and I wish that we could all just get along without any need for shitposting or thread wars or any of that stuff.

I am leaving now, good bye guys.

t. cobra

>Responding to a bait that bad

>not using any excuse to post DDRJake

actual new proper thread

New v2 patch when

never

Inshallah

Fucking UK stop dicking around in my spheres.

So what's the next eu4 dlc

robmod

Is this you?

Don't think they announced yet, which is pretty strange.
When was the last released?

Eu4 is like robmod already
It's balanced for mp and full of retarded decisions

I'm glad they're on some bullshit summer long vacation. Means I can play the game for more than a month without worrying about random changes.

DLCs usually take 6 months to come out nigger.
A game don't take that long.

Based jacobin rebels
Guess I don't really have a choice, gotta move my capital to america and culturally enrich all the europeans coming!

>blobbing

>gotta move my capital to america
You can't do that in V2

Yes you can if you're not braindead

He will changeowner his african provinces to someone else, that will make his capital move.

I assume he meant without cheating

No one has cores in Liberia for him to cheese his way out of Africa and the AI seldomly, or almost never, adds a conquest CB so he will cheat.

Speed 1 4 life

How you don't get bored

Good, come and assimilate into afro-americans my friends

Of course, dumb HPM didnt think to put a decision for that so I have no choice.

>cheating
Why did you go through all this trouble? You could have just changeownered the provinces from the start.

>dumb HPM

enjoy your ban

>didn't think to put in a decision for an African colony to move its capital to Virginia so it can get New World immigration bonuses
Not so Grand now, eh Alex?

Yeah, you're right, I should changeowner all the provinces with afro-americans to me actually

>no decision for Liberia to move its capital to America in Historical Project mod
really makes you think

When does English culture form?

I'm a Norman king of England, and it's 1113 AD and my capital is in England

My capital was in Normandy until 1106 so that might have something to do with it? I'm certain it was supposed to spawn 1100ish

Movies in the background

oh ok I just googled to get the answer man this is just werid desu but im fine so no worries guys

I'm attempting to recreate the British Empire exactly. Rate. I just need some pacific islands from America, and PNG from France, + some pacific island.

And the trucial states

They're a satellite state. I guess I can release+Annex them.

I guess I have to do that with all my satellites in the middle east too.

lmao

UK lost Mosquito Coast in 1860, give that back to them with changeowner or something.

HPM, can you please add an event or decision for Germany to rename the provinces of the state of Franche-Comté? It could be similar to the event for Alsace-Lorraine. It is usually the second French state Germany goes for, so it often looks kind of unimmersive when the provinces in that state have French names while the rest of Germany has German names. These are the German names of the French provinces:
Verdun: Verden
Nancy: Nanzig
Chaumont: Kahlerberg
Epinal: Spinal/Spinneln
Besançon: Bisanz
I hope to have been of some help. Thanks for the hard work, lad.

Just do it yourself, it would take literally five seconds and it's such a niche case thing. I never see Germany take Franche-Comte

>Japanese Pakistan
Really makes you think.

I'll leave it here: youtube.com/watch?v=Lka5QLTvraQ

I dismantled France hoping to get their Asian colonies but NGF got them. Fuck sake. Got offers on a bunch of african colonies I don't care about instead. Will have to destroy NGF later.

Conquered the Middle Eastern satellites after releasing them and released the historical big four dominions.

Here.

When I implement the border changes for the provinces to be on the meuse, sure.
I also need to do the same thing for french rhineland at some point.

Hey HPM, have any idea what cause this? Accepted cultures dont get the -20% to assimilation on their cores, is this WAD?

HPM the day you use the decision to annex lagos from oyo or whatever that yoruba country is called as Britain, you're able to make the province a state. i think that's why people get yoruba pops in Britain. After 1 day you can't make it a state but on the day it's annexed with the event you can do it.

Yes, it's vanilla. The malus to assimilation is only for the primary culture of the core.

Engine quick, can't do much about it I think. I will try to test something and see if it works.

Hey HPM adding slavery to Qing makes westernizing prior to ~1900 nigh impossible (due to pop promotion) and I'd be willing to bet makes it actually impossible for the AI, is this intended?

It's not for that only, there are tons of times where I'm able to annex colonies I really shouldn't.

Isn't exclusive to HPM either

Wait, are we talking about the event? If not, what decision exactly?

I've seen the AI Qing westernize after that was done. Pop promotion was always hard because they lack primary cultures in most of China, which in turn means less bureaucrats and less bureaucrat efficiency.

i mean the event sorry

>Pop promotion was always hard
I know, but now it's even harder, as in, ~25 years harder.

>Play ck2+
>HRE vassalizes the Pope

>50 years later they set up yet another anti-pope while the real pope is still loyal to the emperor

>anti-pope

R O Y A L N A V Y

E

K

T

>x theather

Wtf? This isn't a fucking schoolplay, that has got to be the worst name I've heard yet from you hoifags

Alright, thank you HPM.

I think you're trying to make a point, but just so you know, your autism got in the way.

>my vassals keep usurping their inland de jure capitals with 3 holdings and moving house there instead of staying in their richer 5 holding sea county
u g h

>Yes, it's vanilla. The malus to assimilation is only for the primary culture of the core.
Is it possible to fix it? It means everything in the south half of China will assimilate and its just stupid.

how many genders are there

None.

Gender is a social construct.

Male female and slave pussy.

will you be fixing Dunkirk too?

Name a sexier colour than British Empire in ck2 or France in victoria 2

Pro tip you can't

blurple

Hello lads, what export law do you prefer in HoI4? I like limited exports so i can have my resources for myself, but those export focus bonuses are great.

Depends on if I need my resources or not. If I have loads, then I go for the factory efficiency.

Anyway, I got some feedback for the latest changes and I will probably roll around small patch soon.
Another thing fixed is actually a vanilla bug with the valley of kings decision. There's two decisions: one that gives you a modifier that gives infamy for forced excavations and one that doesn't. The one that doesn't would appear to the sphere owner of Egypt but he wouldn't be able to trigger it because it requires you to own Luxor, making almost everyone, even Egypt's sphere master, have to use the decision that gives infamy. It's rather redundant to put the sphere owner of Luxor to see the decision but tell him he needs to unsphere and conquer it to take it, so the sphere owner of the country that owns Luxor can take the decision without the infamy.

I tried to reproduce it, no dice. I heard of people doing the same with the canals and stuff but I can't test it without getting to work. I will keep an eye out for this in test games and try to reproduce it.

Actually, and I just remembered that, it's the same thing as before. Qing started with serfdom before and both give the same malus to pop promotion (-0.1). The modifier is shared (it doesn't accumulate, it doesn't turn in -0.2 if you have slavery and serfdom), so Qing had the -0.1 before.

No problem.

Not without more cores. Though it's kinda historic that some pops assimilate in Manchu, especially after all the time has passed, they should revert back after the end of Manchu rule. The process should also be easier in the north rather than the south.

We could always make the primary culture of China South Han, stopping assimilation completely in the south, and in the north we either add warlords cores with north han as primary or let them assimilate. That will also make the south han in north han if Qing gets them accepted, which I guess is the biggest possibility.

I honestly don't see what's wrong with it so what are you suggesting?

>DDRjake is an autistic child
Huh, I guess so

Germany.
Prussian Blue.

UNHPM PUT BYZANTIUM BACK IN THE MINIMOD NOW!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO GENOCIDE THOSE FUCKING COCKROACHES AND TAKE BACK CONSTANTINOPLE

>Pope gets imprisoned so we lose the crusade

>I lost 90% of my men and will soon have rebel faction rise

>I didn't even get Jerusalem even though I contributed the most and the war score was at 90%

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

I'll need Sir Twenty Goodmen to survive this upcoming mess

What user said. If you know you'll have plenty of extra go for bonus, otherwise do limited.