/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

Ke-Tsu-No-Ana
store.steampowered.com/app/472830

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
cave.degicagames.com/

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/Shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

>muh flamingos
>lets bomb stuff to get more points, so much fun!
>dude, better remember which weapon to destroy boss parts with, lol!
>letters instead of numbers in the score, so quirky and le random!

go play lolishmup

you genuinely come across as struggling with psychological issues and mental stability, like believing that i am actually against you in any way lol

it's a bit entertaining though, so here's what I have to say

>I was a kid back then and had no money
well yeah, your family was poor then, no? or did they make you earn your own money to buy shitty computer peripherals? impressive parenting

but most important, i'm curious as to why you are so defensive and trigger-happy at the mere mention of that better equipment might be better for playing. the MEREST mention, and you're writing whole posts with jumpy grammar spewing unreal amounts of verbal venom. like, i wouldn't have cared, but you're interesting.

i played this game just last week and got so mad at prismrivers when they just healed back to full from half health and thunderbolted my level 24 reimu to death even tho they were like level 17

ragequitted and lost 2 hours of progress and i swear im never gonna play that piece of shit again

>having multiple factors in your score and rank is bad
are cavedrones this retarded?

It's actually a very nice relaxing game with comfy music, pitty about the kys gameplay though.

>y-youre poor and I have nothing against you

I'm curious as to why are you so insistent on calling people you don't know poor. Yes indeed a computer that's bought to have you study, isn't going to be a marvel of gaming, so?

Again, I will answer your stupid nonsense:

Equipment is just equipment, there are people with better scores than you that merely play on mame and a kb, and on system11 of all places.

KYS retard.

And I'm very rused about it because giving too much importance to equipment makes for bad equipment to come to the market and it starts substituting good quality soberly designed standard issue equipment.

Any other nonsense you wanna say?

(Also I simply have the experience of equipment =/= victory throughout my entire life)

is counter-strike a shmup? Because I definitely shoot them all up when i play

>a cs is 1/100 of a second, the equivalent of trying to count to 100 in a second by yourself and perceiving each of these 100 moments
>a ms, obv, is 1/1000 of a second, the equivalent of trying to count to 1000 in a second and perceiving each of these 1000 moments
>there is a retromongoloid in this thread who claims to be able to be disrupted by these minute moments which naturally happen because your brain is a special kind of thing

We should totally test this in a scientific manner, we are going to splash you with sulfur acid and you will have only some ms to avoid it. The test will end when you regularly perceive these minute moments of time.

well first thing first: suck on my massive dick, you anguished miserable retard.

now that that's out of the way: damn, this was a great post, shining with character. thanks for replying. gives me something to think about.

Just because you can perceive a small time interval doesn't mean you can analyze the information gained in that interval, make a decision, and physically move your body within the next interval.

not

>tfw teh urn to stomp my guwange blue pb and hit 50 mill target only to make one tiny mistake near the end that cost me the chain before the important boss milk. Painful desu lads.

Starting a stream in the next 5 minutes.

twitch tv/infirex

>twitch tv/infirex
based comfy jazz stream, get in here!

>open stream
>jazz and meme doujin
>close stream

This is part of what I am saying and still is very generous with what a person can normally do.

just the fact that you can perceive the changes in the movement makes you move differently

it makes a difference when there is a gap you can barely fit your hitbox into and a pixel or two off could kill you and ruin your whole run

>fell for the overpriced stick meme
>would never go back to keyboard, movement feels more natural, especially diagonals, shmups suddenly feel way more fun

blaming being unable to get a basic 1cc on a slightly subpar controller or some input lag is retarded, but so is not wanting to get the most optimal and comfy experience because b-b-but you can adapt

if you get hit a billion times and fail to 1cc, it's probably not the controller or the input lag
if you're going full autism scoring and a single mistake could ruin your run, there is no reason to look into all possible ways to improve your consistency

But you know, sticks are a preference, and there are sticks and sticks and gates and gates, personally, I have way more fun with japanese sticks, but really, if I want to win, I better find a spanish made industrias lorenzo stick with an octo-gate, can't remember the exact models either, but there are quite a few I'm used to from this maker where the magic of consistent perfect inputs happens.

This isn't something that needs be done usually on pad or kb, normally you input nicely enough there, lol.

Exactly, that's why you should try everything that could make you play better, different sticks, a good pad, get a CRT, etc.

I also used to think that my $10 keyboard was cool for 6+ years, now I'd never go back

I chose CReisen as my starter, didn't raise anyone else yet, and now I don't know how to beat Brock! I feel like a dumb 7 year old that picked Charmander and hit this wall all over again.

>Shed_Ninja : there's an achievement for clearing with no upgrades
>Current year and not using SAM to unlock all the achievements instantly

what's the fun in that?

>autism the post

derpsmiles 2 on steam when?

way after we get better games like futari and DOJ hopefully

DFK release date when

DFK came out years ago... It's not even good anyways.

Black Label isn't too bad.