CLASSIC CAR GENERAL

/ccg/
>Post classic cars
>Blogpost about your vehicle
>Post classic feels

25 years and older is a "Classic" but it needs more than age, it needs a certain something to make it a classic. (Older than 1980 is definitely classic?)

Cars With Looks That Were Ahead Of Their Time Edition

first for FERD

I like these more than the E30, they're less boxy but retained the classic front end.

'84

Feel like these are timeless, as are the W126 SECs

i wouldn't say timeless but for the 80s, they were ahead of their time. it looks like it would fit into the 90s seamlessly though.

this

Do you like it?
It's very 70's though so I don't think it looks ahead of its time.

Ahh, boxes of the 80s. And their huge engines.

I think he likes you

nice

Got this last weekend for $5,500. How'd I do?

what a beautiful car

muh dick

shit's cool.

Honestly one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

me too

that photographer is great :3

you still rolling in the RX?

yeah kek

These cars don't even look real compared to cars today

>tfw safety regs ruined everything

Quick question lads.

Are carb spacers a meme or what?

>american bumpers

Do you have a problem with fuel in your carb getting hot?
If so, then no, they are not a meme

Just dropping in to say that American cars never looked ahead of their time. In fact for some period of time American cars existed in their own bubble seperated from the rest of the world, where landau roofs, sealed beams and railroad sleeper bumpers remained "in". Meanwhile this was released in 1967, two years -before- the first moon landing.

And we care why?

Gorgeous sunset Wednesday night. Few greater feelings than cruising around the mountains at sun down to some CCR while the entire sky goes orange and magenta.

Depending on the other factors that can't be seen in this picture, I think 5k is pretty good.

Reporting with booty

does my shitbox already qualify as a classic?

I will admit, the car you posted looks incredibly ahead of it's time. But you are wrong in the sense that there has never been an american car that hasn't looked ahead of it's time.

One example that comes to my mind is the Pontiac Aztec, it may not be a classic but it is the first thing I can think of when it comes to looking ahead of it's time. It's essentially a modern crossover of today.

Another example is the AMC Eagle, which was the precursor to the SUV/crossover

Just rolled over 50k today. I'd have a beer if I wasn't on call.

In other news, body and paint looks like it will be happening next winter. $3200 to drop it off in November and have it back in March.

The Eagle also looks like a 60s TV stand.

A bump right about now should help the thread last through the weekend.

Veeky Forums is not that fucking slow man.

Pros:
-Runs great
-Everything works
-Brand new interior
-New HVAC control thingy
-Don't regret buying it yet

Cons:
-Oil leaks (unavoidable), but I can deal with them
-One bit of dash trim came unglued
-Steering wheel is too fucking big
-Slow windows, bit of grease should do the trick
-Small amount of paint damage
-One thumbnail-sized patch of cancer near the sunroof

I went to go check out another 450SE that turned out top be crap and spotted mine at a dealer on the way back.
Only real plans are to deal with the leaks/windows, lower it about an inch, stick 16s on it, swap the bumpers for '73 US or Euro bumpers, and get rid of the god-awful wheel arch trim.

Should have got the 450SEL 6.9 or the later 560 SEL

The 6.9 is going to be a collector's item soon. Look up the prices on the 6.3 already.

Yeah, because 6.9s are just growing on trees around here and definitely don't cost 20 grand already.

I just ordered a set of vintage Cal-Custom finned valve covers and am preparing to order either an Edelbrock 1411 or 1413 carburetor.

Pic related is what the valve covers look like for those who have never heard of Cal-Custom.

Roadkill sticker, eh? :^)

The wheel arch trim is actually there to protect from dings.

>lower it about an inch, stick 16s on it
Fuck off

Been working on the '73 Land Rover. I plan to have it repainted and ready to go for a car show in early June.

Literally the first thing I did to the car aside from buying it and taking it off the trailer

Picked these bad bitches up for my van. You fucks will never guess how much I paid for all of em

noice

80 bucks

Just got my BBY cleaned, going cruising / meeting today.

It's an-83 200 gasoline with 245 thousand kilometers on clock and with 3 owners.

Automatic, creme MB-Tex interior and some other goodies.

fuck thats cool

pls respond

I would say no

The goodies sound neat, but then
>200
>auto
Are you faster than a tractor at least?

It's borderline because in general the model is juuust old enough and culturally significant, but your's is the facelift.

well the owner did the facelift himself....
but ill just have to wait a little more

It's about as fast as 300 Turbo Diesel (83 models have newer M102 engine with 109 horsepower) so it's not that bad.

Even 200 diesel with auto box is drivable desu, maybe not in a motorway but on older highways with lower limits.

In Finland we have this saying "Köyhillä on kiire" (Poor people are in a hurry) so i try to live by that.

What year and model Cadillac is this?

Jesus christ, this kicks a Rolls Royce's ass.

fiddy. damn near brand new cragar SSes

300D
Köyhillä todellaki kiire. Kumpa ois automaatti.

I wish my 300D was automatic

Why? Those old automatics are sluggish and will only increase your fuel consumption.

I'd say '48 Club Coupe

Looks nice Drac. I'd go 1411 if you are wanting vacuum secondaries otherwise look at a 1407. Do you want an electric choke as well or are you okay with no choke. I know WI can be quite cold. That 750cfm is almost overkill for that stockish 454.

D A D S C A R

And you too could buy it when I'm done. The whole reason I got that truck was to sell it for profit. It's RHD and 24 volt.

>bunch of weebs on a Bangladeshi yurt making forum
>being able to afford a ukdm filly restored s2
Topkek