Tein Coilovers

Redpill me on these things... are they meme coilovers? Why the fuck are they so cheap?

>cheap

mine cost me 3k wat

same story with these and racelands

they're okay.

should only buy them to lower your car.

they don't go too low like actual, expensive coilovers go.

what car

Cheapest ones like you posted (Street Basis) have the ride height adjustable only by changing the preload and no dampening adjustment. Not the best if you want more than low than what you get from the whole damper being shorter than stock.

They are entry level and only if you want a slight drop and sportier feel.

they are not cheap.

$3.5 k for my car. most everyone else sells a pair for $1.5

Coilovers are by default a meme.

>86
Lol you mean Scion FRShit

flex z's for mx5/miata are really popular and only around 800 aud. ride is reasonable and they have replaceable shock inserts.

bretty good maine

what? no. why do you think they're a meme?

Must have been looking at street basis, which I'm not sure are worth getting

Implying any of you faggots have the actual knowledge to properly adjust and tune a coilover suspension. "Nah, just slam it bro".

Why don't you tell us how dampmaster

Because you drive a shit box civic

all you need to tune suspension is some time on the track and a basic knowledge of suspension characteristics and their effects. there are plenty of guides.

Most of your off the shelf coilovers don't even come with close to the right valving anyway so it's pointless. You have to valve coilovers to a particular car before you can even start fine tuning them. Most coilovers are just sold with an acceptable range of valving to fit a huge amount of applications.

Yes. Coilovers are a meme. Just get lowering springs. But springs don't make your epeen bigger.

Nice way to fuck up the suspension and car.

>implying better dampening doesn't matter

you're an idiot and a poorfag. lowering springs and stock shocks is Mexican tier. also putting higher springrate springs with stock shocks will blow your shocks in like 10k miles.

When you lower a car on coilovers you are still messing with the geometry.

>implying coilovers don't also ruin dampening.

Can you elaborate? You sound like you really know your shit.

Dampening is almost exclusively a product of the quality of damper. Most people don't realize how big of a difference there is in handling performance between a high quality $1k each damper and something you can buy as an OEM replacement at the parts store.

What they don't include camber plates?

No fucking wonder they're cheap.

That may fuck something up later on like a wheel bearing, but will it burst the coilover? nope, because the coilovers are designed to have the travel that spring it comes with. It wont bottom out and blow the fuck up like something can do with a lowering spring.

I think you're talking about Riceland's.

Doesn't really matter coilover or lowering spring if you change the suspension geometry then everything is whack. Suddenly the camber gain curve is all out of whack. And then a whole complement of domino effect issues as you've changed the instant and roll centers just to name a few problems.

pro tip you can set stock ride height with coilovers and not effect any geometry.

that said, a 1 inch drop is not going to negatively effect performance. it'll probably help.

obviously extreme drops will negatively effect performance.

A 1" drop will negatively affect suspension geometry on probably 90% of passenger cars. It's just that the other advantages such as COG and typically stiffer springs mask the negatives for a net positive. Any drop in static ride height requires optimization of suspension geometry if that's what your after. Changing a roll center a 1/10" can be huge depending on the overall car setup.

yeah nah 86 here thnx

That would be indicative of where the roll center will have been changed and to where the center of gravity. Changing the roll center can be bad or good depending on the situation. Just because you change to coilovers doesn't mean that it's instantly a bad driving setup.

Lowering the static ride height of most passenger car suspensions negatively affects that geometry curve, particularly in the camber gain department. Most people don't go through the trouble of relocating the control arm pick up points or control arm geometry to take advantage of the new ride height so they only reap a part of the benefit.

gt or ae faggot

"No"
If all it took was tuning Racelands would be essentially the same as Penskes.

>dampening

what?

Damping, probably.

www.dictionary.com/

I never had them yet but they seem decent enough. Going to buy Tein Advance coilovers for the miats soon since it's the cheapest recommended option. I know a handful of people who have and have used Teins and recommend it for someone on a budget. I'll have to add that my stancefaggot friend once slammed his shitbox like an inch off the ground - I think he used the Street Basis coils. That shit didn't last more than a year or so IIRC. I'm sure if you aren't going to do retarded shit like that, it'll last at least a few years. I don't plan on dropping my car more than an inch or inch and a half. I was going to get Koni Sport shocks, but if I were to do that, I'd have to get new bump stops as well. And with the best package option for that being from Flyin' Miata, with lowering springs (for when I am ready to lower my car some), it was about a hundred dollars more expensive than the Teins. Money's tight, I need to replace my shocks (front collapsed already). I'd like to support American products (Fat Cat Motorsports bump stops and FM springs) but while I've driven a car with Koni Sport shocks before and really dig 'em, I don't like that they're advertised as being rebuildable when it's actually cheaper to buy a new set rather than get them rebuilt. That's pretty shitty practice, IMO. Also I think Flyin' Miata, while producing quality products, likes to squeeze a few extra dollars out of people just because they can.
$500 for Street Basis and $700 for Street Advance for my shitbox. :3