/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #385

Random Acts of Cuteness Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10646187
strawpoll.me/10681287
strawpoll.me/10684655
strawpoll.me/10722128
strawpoll.me/10725554
strawpoll.me/10740500

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vzz9StW8kpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YFnbJyXgJ9g
pyx-2.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=65
youtube.com/watch?v=glH73YT-Mcc
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=Vzz9StW8kpQ
Kate must still be at Church.

She's worshiping something, for sure!

Special Kate!

Uh yeah, God and Jesus. Like she always does.

Chloe deserved to be shot by Nathan and slapped by David

Friendly reminder to ignore, and not respond to, bait.

Sorry user I'm afk now (well I know, not to write this, but you get the idea).

This

Chloe is abusive, and probably would beat Max in a committed relationship

I bet they all think it's really funny whenever Max tries to sit down in that outfit. She'd go to sit down on the couch, then just like ... roll over.

Out of the four main female characters, Max and Victoria are the only ones who weren't victims of sexually assault. However, Victoria gets it in the later episodes if you do not choose the right options.

I love you, /lesg/!

Would it be comical?

At what, Mario Kart? UT99?

It would be terrible. Max is the kind of personality who would not abandon her partner no matter what kind of shitty behavior she was on the receiving end of. It is not healthy.

Love you, too!

It wouldn't happen.

Max was pretty intent on setting up Warryn with Brooke, both because she felt they were a good fit for each other, but also to stop the creep Warryn from hitting on herself.

However, it is questionable if that cuck is even competent enough to succeed in a relationship with Brooke.

David's accent indicates that he is from the South. What business does he have in Arcadia? Did he go there specifically because he got a job at Blackwell? Most of the people who return seem to do so because they were from there originally (Jefferson and Max)

Can you not fuck off?

As soon as these questions are answered and not a moment before

When is discussion not allowed here? Isn't that what generals are for?

Joyce sounds like she's from the South as well. Who knows why the ended up in Oregon. Maybe David and was looking for a job in a quiet place after he got out of the Army. Perhaps working for the Prescotts, before meeting Joyce at the Diner and falling in love with her.
It's interesting that his job as head of Blackwell Security has something to do with Joyce since in the alt timeline where they aren't married he is just a bus driver. She probably gave him a lot of support to apply for that job.

I wonder if he took the job to try to keep an eye on Chloe and/or try to keep her in line. With good intentions maybe, but you know Chloe would have hated the idea of him having even more authority over her.
I forget if we know how long he's been working there.

It explains him not aiming for the security job in the AU, he isn't part of Joyce and Chloe's life.

Summer lovin'

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

I don't think so. I see it as the opposite, Chloe was in Blackwell only because of David.
When Joyce and Chloe were on their own after William died, I'm guessing that money was very tight and that many times Chloe was left home alone with her misery because Joyce was working to keep them both going. Once Joyce met David and they eventually got married, she convinced him to use his skills and talents to apply to be security for Blackwell. A wealthy private school that probably paid pretty well.
Once David had his position there he was able to use it, or actually afford, to get Chloe in as a student.
But that made Chloe worse. She didn't give David much of a chance (And he really didn't give her one either) and now they were seeing each other both at home and at school/ work. It's no wonder why things were sour between them.

How's this game? Worth giving a shot?

I replayed the first episode on GNU/Linux. The port seems to be well done, and it works well at 2560x1600.

Playing the first episode again reminded me of the potential that the game had that was squandered in the last episode.

I wish Ormille still did LIS themed stuff. :(

Reminder that Sbel made a little playable level!

youtube.com/watch?v=YFnbJyXgJ9g

You can get the first episode for free and try it.

It's a character driven game and it works in that respect. Most f them feel believable and you can understand and sympathize with them.
The story is the weakest part of the game. In its entirety it is not consistent and the endings frankly suck. So if you do play, do not get your hopes up for a fitting conclusion.
But the amount of gaps in the story work to the advantage of this general since it allows us to discuss them and fill them in with how we think things are.

David and Joyce were struggling with bills even without Chloe's school fees, I cant see them being able to afford to pay for her to attend Blackwell. It seemed like she got in on a scholarship like many of the other poorer seeming local kids. Maybe Blackwell has some kind of scheme for taking a mix of local Arcadia Bay kids as well as the Victoria types.

I would play again, but steam won't start on my system so I said fuck it.

"Chloe is so damn cute. That's my Chloe.....and there's Warren."
Any doubt I had about Sbel after the Drive-in video has been erased.

Yeah, the money situation was tight regardless. That's why I think it boiled down to David using his position at the school to talk them into letting Chloe in. She's a smart girl and David figured it would help her. Which it did and didn't; Chloe rebelled against the teachers and stopped doing the work, but she did end up meeting Rachel there which is what gave Chloe enough hope and happiness to keep going until eventually running into Max.

What did she mean by this?

I'm still not convinced.

Perhaps they should make another video just to prove their allegiance once and for all.
>Max and Chloe go to a movie theater together
>Cuddling, laughing, smiling, lots of kissing
>Put Brooke and Warren somewhere together to make things clear
>Movie ends
>Max excuses herself to the bathroom
>She proceeds to do the Gangnam Style dance
>Finishes and goes out to rejoin Chloe so they can drive back or continue their night

>password: lis

That playable lvl is bad scripted. Easy to bug out of the map. This guy doesn't know what he's doing lmao.

You're interrupting robot wars dammit

...ok

Sorry

No you.

I really want to play this one :3
youtube.com/watch?v=glH73YT-Mcc

Doesn't know what he's doing, or isn't bothering to put much effort into bug testing silly little fan scenes that he has been throwing together at a fairly rapid pace?

She found her inner passion for other women.

M8, look at that script. It's bad scripted, yeah he knows only how to activate 2 stuff nice. But I was reffering to that horrible script of that lvl.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

That one was cool. I like the older Max and Chloe models he made. I expected Max to wander off in that vireo and either find Rachel in the woods or at the top of the tower.
Speaking of Rachel, you can download her model now so hopefully more people do cool stuff with it. Like her, Max, and Chloe (And maybe Frank) hanging out at the Junkyard.

I just rewatched the bay ending it physically hurt me.

Why would you do that to yourself? I can't even watch the whole thing.

That was just another nightmare Max had. Really bad one, she woke up scared and immediately grabbed onto the Chloe for comfort.

>Speaking of Rachel, you can download her model now so hopefully more people do cool stuff with it. Like her, Max, and Chloe (And maybe Frank) hanging out at the Junkyard.
You know that's not what's going to happen.

Reminder that Bay ending is objectively the best ending. Because the Bae ending occurs regardless: "our" Max's consciousness jumps back into the photograph, but the "autopilot" Max continues to exist with Chloe in the storm timeline.

The end choice isn't about whether Max/Chloe get to live on together or not. It's about whether *our* Max gets to live that life with Chloe or not.

If you choose "Bay" ending, both outcomes occur somewhere in the multiverse. If you choose "Bae", you deprive the multiverse of the version where the rest of the town gets to live on happily.

O b j e c t i v e.

:^)

Well that's the stuff I go looking for and that will be posted here, so whatever sinful things people choose to do I will not see.

There is only one timeline that Max changes. When she rewinds she turns back time and swaps out one set of events for another. Only one Max, one Chloe, etc.
Whatever Max undoes/ rewinds never happened and she is the only person that keeps memory of those events. Otherwise there's potentially thousands of timelines where horrible things happen.

If that bullshit multiverse theory is correct, that timeline where Chloe dies and the tornado never happens already exists. It was the very first timeline. Which means that the Bae ending is objectively better because Max - our Max - can live on with Chloe, free from the guilt of the choice (though maybe not from creating all of these timelines in the first place) because no matter what there will be timelines where AB is destroyed and timelines where Chloe dies. This one is hers.

Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord

T-touche!

There she is! There have been some Church event she was helping with.

>password: lis

She was busy setting a tongue record

Delete this

You're a not nice.

I've thought about killing myself way less this year

Was it one of those silly contests where you have to eat the most pies without using your hands?

Good

Don't worry, Kate. That's just some bully who doesn't have any friends so they make fun of others.
We know you weren't doing anything bad.

That's good, user. Just keep finding things that make you happy. Even if it's little things at first, it will overtime all combine into a good life.

Will be gone for a week or two, only intermittent internet access. You nerds had better be here when I get back.

See you in Season 2, we're going to all leave together!

Don't worry user, we won't be going anywhere.

I will miss you V much! And visit as often as I can!

If you're going on vacation or something don't let us detract you from enjoying it. We'll be here when you get back!

We'll always love you. Now get out of here before we freak. And user? Don't you forget about us.

Max isn't *that* short.
And is there any particular meaning to the painted faces and mask?

Just finished it. A buggy tumblrish mess with bad facial animation and no really important choices with characters so realistic it made me cry.

I am! It's innawoods, but what is a comfy evening after a hike without a bit of /lisg/? Hope the place has a connection. But you are right, and an internet pause isn't entire unwelcome for me either.

Never!

>didn't even get a kiss

You're right, she isn't. That is cosplay!

Wouldn't really call the game "Tumblrish", but okay. Only problem I had with the game presentation wise was the lip syncing but even that improved over time.

>It's innawoods
Don't forget your SKS. I agree, sometimes it's nice to take a break from stuff and just go outside for a bit. I used to go camping somewhat frequently but haven't gone in years. Still try to go hiking every once in a while though.

>SKS

Canucuck spotted

Nope. Murrican.

>murican mentioning SKS

That doesn't sound right at all, I thought you burgers had freedom to buy guns that aren't shit. Are you from commiefornia then?

Alice loves Chloe!

In New York (State, not city). Restrictions on handguns and semiauto rifles with detachable mags and "evil features". But for most of the other stuff it's just a simple background check done before buying. I suppose it could be worse, but not by much,
Currently don't have an SKS, did some scouting around at some shows and stores last year to see variants/ prices.

Alice loves her mommy, her aunts Max and Chloe, and Lisa.

Yep, immersing oneself in nature is great, and while a little browsing before bed sounds harmless, getting away from the information flow altogether might be the way to go.

SKS...? I have a knife!

Can Kate play pirates too?

>Restrictions on handguns and semiauto rifles with detachable mags and "evil features"

Well that sucks... How's the price difference between SKS and, for example, Garand? Ammo is probably more costly but how about the guns? The price difference is fucking ridicilous here, an SKS costs 200-400€ (depending on if it's the real soviet or just a chink copy) and the cheapest 30-06 Garand I have seen was 1100€. I guess the price gap between the two is nearly not as great there but is there any reason to buy SKS instead of a Garand?

Yargh. A bit of the ol' cold steel. A pirate be practically naked without their cutlass. May it serve you well and keep your safe on your ventures, matey!

Of course. Capn' Chloe and First Mate Max are always lookin for crewmembers. Or Kate could start her own crew.

From what I saw: Norincos were around $450, Yugos were around $500-600, Soviet were about the same. Keep in mind these prices are a little inflated just because it's NY. Compared to Garands which have gone up in price. A beat to shit one is about $600, something nice is like $1,200. The price of the M1 has gone up because of scares over bans a few years back as well as because of the mythos held by many Americans regarding them. There's just not a legendary reputation attached to the SKS so they are cheaper even though both are common.

kiss~

Would it have been better for Victoria to save Kate instead of Max? While it's incredible that Max was there for her friend like that, what if instead you could talk to Victoria in episode 1 and convince her that Kate's really hurt and needs help. So that by the time Kate goes to the roof and Max is too late to get there she sees Kate step down from the ledge. Then when she rushes to the top she sees Victoria up there apologizing to and comforting Kate.
It shows that Max can influence people to do good and that Victoria really is disgusted with her past actions.