/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Know your helmets edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353698.0.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Klushino
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Battle_of_Klushino_1610.PNG
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hi

2nd for dickplomacy when

in modules without penalties for heavier armor or just native, do you always go for the heaviest armor giving the most protection as a sort of 'end-game' armor, or not be a shitter and aim light for aesthetics?

i never buy anything from shops
i only use what i loot from battle
the iron price

Depends whether or not they actually look good
In 1257 though I've taken to wearing a linen shirt and mongol boots and a crown on a steppe horse without weapons, mainly because if I wore top-end armor or even mid-tier armor I'd be able to solo 100 fucks.

"realistic" combat model

I'd wear what my footsoldiers would wear.

i tend to go with whatever armor suits my character the best and matches together
though i do like getting the heaviest armor, especially when the weights on armor are set higher than natives since you actually feel slow and tanky
not sure what the weight measurement is in, if it's in kg then it's unrealistic to get that effect, but if it's in lbs then it is realistic

It's not the combat model, it's the AI. As a mongol girl I can just fire off 70 arrows killing a person with each shot and can lance enemy archers on my return through the circle. The AI is too stupid to just shieldwall up or something.

this only works against bandits

It works against regular armies too if they lack a lot of horse archers. You can easily lance enemy cavalry off their horses, and after killing the archers it's just sniping the people without shields and lancing the ones who have them. Priority is killing the archers so they don't obliterate your horse.

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353698.0.html

Blood and Iron just got a new release, it's a Victorian multiplayer mod with Brits, Krauts, Frogs, Japs, and Injuns.

It also lets you live your dream of gunning down samurai, and has nice assets to borrow.

i meant the armor thing
infantry are more than capable of tearing through armor, but bandits have really shit stats

The armor thing is mainly to survive at least one or two hits from an arrow or crossbow. Without armor you can take like 100 damage from a shot.

carry a shield

>horse archer
>shield
Mate, understand that what I meant was that Monghen Khan doesn't even carry a dagger these days into battle. She's literally just wearing her casual clothes and ordering people to positions, imo this is a lot more fair.

I generally aim for the heaviest with only minor concessions to aesthetics.

I find the process of progressing in armor/equipment itself to be an enjoyable part of the game.

just remembered the bows in WFAS can be used with a shield
i have no idea how realistic this is

With a strap-on shield maybe, like the ones pikemen use although this isn't in Mount and Blade

certain small shields like bucklers were attached to the left arm and could be used while shooting bows
the problem is that in WFAS it lets you do it with any type of shield

the macedonians did this but i haven't seen medieval period images of that
>the problem is that in WFAS it lets you do it with any type of shield
this is more of a warband problem, since bows are normally flagged as two_handed
so if you unflag them they can be used with shields, you could do the same with crossbows

>tfw this made me remember Iron Europe
Getting together and going full sturmtruppen on trenches in big MountandMusket-style linebattles was fantastic.

Too bad the mod was ridiculously unstable on release which killed much of the enthusiasm for it and the mod with it.

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

>but i haven't seen medieval period images of that
Medieval didn't use massed pikes period. You can probably find some two-handers using them though.

You fucking FAILED.

LONG MAY 4CHIN NOT POST THE PICTURE WITH IT GODFUCKINGDAMNIT

>Medieval didn't use massed pikes period.
well yeah they did, medieval period goes to the 15th century, and there were lots of pikemen in the 15th century
not to mention in the later medieval period when two handed weapons became more popular the shield wasn't used by those men

>since you actually feel slow and tanky

Jesus, the slow walking/running speed is really frustrating for me and you actually like it if it goes slower? Are you a masochist?

You know what I'm talking about, they only made their reappearance in the late medieval period
That's actually part of the reason medieval fell apart.

stop stealing Ragnar's phrase reeeeee

Aesthetics if I'm playing with reduced damage, pure defense or benefits otherwise.

dickplomacy when

Brainwashed by constant rape is closer to what people mean by mindbreak usually

>That's actually part of the reason medieval fell apart.
that's more to do with the guns than the pikes

>tfw you spend florins out the wazoo on plate armor and a warhorse only to realize that you can't charge anybody cause they all have pikes
>you then get one-shot by some peasant with a culverin or hackbutt
fuckin peasants man

The free peoples of the north destroyed the only outpost Dol Guldur had with my help, but they are still not besieging the fortress.
Had to ride south because Gondor is in terminal state, I swore an path of vengeance against the Haradrim and broke their siege of the last Gondor city besides Minas Tirith.

Now I need try and give some breathing space to Gondor while the north prepares a siege of Dol Guldur.

Dear dickplomacy dev,

Can you keep track of a lord's anal virginity and state, amount of times he's been raped, and litres of semen swallowed over time?

Thank you.

That's just "broken". "Mindbroken" is when you rape someone for so long they literally can't think of anything besides getting raped again and love you for it.
I'm almost certain that it's not actually possible.

The idea is the same though, taking power away from the elite few and giving it to the normies. A gun is just a crossbow but even more annoying. Pikemen are essentially immune to cavalry charges and they don't have to do anything but sit still.

>went through character creation for VC
>picked all the options I liked most
>spent about 30 minutes moulding my lads face so he doesn't look retarded
>click done
>accidently left on story mode

>Your Relationship with Mountain Butter general deteriorated from -5 to -20

Export character, it keeps the face codes. Redoing the options shouldn't be too difficult.

>The idea is the same though, taking power away from the elite few and giving it to the normies.
the whole knightly cavalry thing had been dying for a while, it wasn't pikes or guns that initially did it either, it was the push toward heavily armed and armored infantry that ended up being way more effective than heavy cavalry
>Pikemen are essentially immune to cavalry charges
but vulnerable to close combat, which was more and more prevalent in the closing days of the medieval period before we get matchlocks in armies and pike blocks

Story mode is so fucking shit

stay mad fagnar

>but vulnerable to close combat
That's what you mix halberds into them for

with enough determination and long enough lances, frontal cavalry charges can actually break pike blocks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Klushino
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Battle_of_Klushino_1610.PNG

I hope Taleworlds learn a lesson from Brytenwalda(tm)'s fiasco

Yeah but it doesn't mean it isn't fucking retarded most of the time.

I actually like story mode

they didn't learn a lesson with WFAS
why would they learn one now

But the story itself is so shit.
I'd be fine with it if the story was well-written instead it's some weird propaganda thing about your mommy dying.

>they didn't learn a lesson with WFAS
What makes you say that?

>"Soldiers! We will be leading an assault on this rhodok castle by tomorrow morning!"

AFTER CONSULTING WITH THE PEERS OF THE REALM, KING RAGNAR HAS DECIDED TO CONFER THIS THREAD UPON KING RAGNAR.

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

LONG MAY HE REIGN

cause they kept pumping out expansions after that

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Taleworlds haven't made anything themselves since Warband, I'm just saying I hope they learn from how badly the Brytenwalda team fucked up the story stuff in VC when they make their hopefully not shit story stuff for Bannerlord.

Can't wait for bannerlord, then I will just tear up a hole in the walls of the crossbow faggots and charge into it using cavalry

These peasants better be thankful in the future.

I really hope that Bannerlord expands on marital life.

I always roleplay myself as a Mongoloid knight, starting off in the Khergit Khanate and dressing like a Mongol. I leave the realm and seek the whitest of pussy; prime young blond haired pale skined shaved bald Nord pussy. The thought of courting and giving the yellow dick to white pussy gets me rock hard. What gets me even harder is having to dual some little White cuck who has crushed on the girl since they were children and then after getting his ass beat has to watch as I marry his love and take her every night with my Mongoloid cock, filling her with my yellow seed.

>Adventures of Hild never
>Adventures of Thorfinn forever

It hurts.

what module?

In Gekonewer what is the difference between Aneki & Female/Western Female? Is it just a taller model or what?

Thorfinn wasn't that bad when he was murder happy

haven't played VC
what's so shit about the story mode?
as i recall, WFAS had a story mode as well

>those glasses
>charismatic villian
>criminal mastermind
>cute af
>art lover

Why is he so perfect?

Aneki is slightly taller and has different face models, Western Female also has different face models compared to the other races (more blondes and shit iirc)

BANZAI

Any updates planned soon from the skelly-loving nigger or is it safe to conquer Japan?

It's pretty boring to be quite honest with you, shield-brother.

At release it was buggy and dysfunctional as fuck, don't know if it's been fixed really.
It's basically cheating if you want to go into the sandbox later since it gives you way too much shit for free.
The difficulty fluctuates.
The sort of branching choices part of it is badly managed. I recall for instance getting a bunch of different options for some item I found. Like A) Give it to Knut B) Give it to Sten C) Whatever D) Choice that basically says to delay the decision.
I pick D and then I later go to Knut. But I get no option to give it to him and further on I get blamed for not doing so.
It was generally just shitty and boring.

I've forgotten most of it, I played it like a year and a half ago.

I'm not sure on that one, you'd have to ask him yourself on that I'm just HistoricalNamesAnon I'll probably release a patch to change up a few names soonish though, which will be savegame compatible

Blood and Iron

Are those messages the
>muh realism
messages? If so, who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?

>Mom is sick
>Attacked by vikings
>Start in Friese
>Do some quests for a Jarl
>Get the illusion of a branching choice, but one of the options can never be done
>Difficulty spike village defense
>Go to Denmark
>Get attacked at a farm
>Gotta defend your honor in court now
>Which means doing quests for every Jarl in Denmark to make them like you
>Also can get one of the best pieces of armor in the game by going back to the farm and fighting a Berserker
>Have to kill one of your companions in a duel
>Go to England
>Do some quests for vikings
>Now get an actual choice: Fight for Wessex or Fight for the Danes
>Either take a fort from the picts or the britons and hold it for 30 days (depends on who you sided with)
>Go somewhere by boat for a shitty, difficulty spike fight
>Return home
>Denmark is mostly in control of England
>Fight a huge battle
>Your side wins
>Remember that viking shit that took your mom
>You are pointed to where he is
>Another fight
>Viking shit kills your mom
>You kill Viking shit
>Give your mom a norse pagan funeral (apparently she is pagan even if you're Christian)
>The end

That's basically the entire story.

Stamina is good in VC. It prevents heavily armored vikings from being juggernaut murder machines.

That's the messages for running out of stamina, yes. You can turn off stamina if you want.

That's it? Fuck. Here I was trying to get past the first village defense without dying of boredom. Fuck this i'll play sandbox.

story is ok, WFAS story is garbage

ded

wfas story with best faction is super metal it lets you gain massive army and kills you in the end.

Worst faction.

Reposting this for the user that posted it originally.
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees

Will noldor fags stop spawning if I destroy their castle?

Yes.

Not so fast.

man I got like 4 companions who gotta read the intelligence book if I want to minmax, should I just say fuck it and level their skill the natural way or do a month long reading session

Fucking dwemers

>Are you a masochist?
i like having equipment that has a tradeoff
normally the heaviest armor will only slightly hinder your mobility

Heavy armor does only slightly hinder mobility. It just drains stamina faster.

I liked the VC story for what it was because I played a good man who became a bastard. I liked getting invested in Doccinga before having to abandon Frieseland and go to Denmark. The mandatory battles were a bit shit though and the quest to take a left me ambivalent. It could have been a lot better, but the aim wasn't to have you following the storyline religiously but to have it guide you.

Making your own story is better though.

i just meant in general, i think you feel the effect better if the weight's higher
like how having higher weight on weapons makes the effects related to that happen more often and gives more depth to the available weapons
again i don't know how realistic it is because i don't know what the weight units are supposed to be

Month long reading session, rushing your way through the game is anti-comfy.
Do time-consuming shit like collecting taxes and training peasants how to defend themselves.

ded

Well, gonna try out Perisno right now. Any tips from seasonsed players?
Do races make a difference?

>be allied to swadia
>waging war on 3 fronts
>King Fatfuck calls a feast every 15 days
I'm going to enjoy dethroning this motherfucker.

I'm tempted to jump ship to the last remaining Welsh faction in the game to help build them back up. That or continue to slowly build up my army so that when I do decide to go independent, I can use the last Welsh city as my starting point.

Maybe I need to become King Arthur.