/edg/ - Elite: Dangerous General

Dad friendly edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>Where the fuck can I find materials for engineers?
inara.cz/galaxy-components

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10823901
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/275441-Can-we-fix-the-interdiction-bugs-now?highlight=interdiction bug
coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0p5tnFklndksxf5--------0000------0605050504043703034301.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fingers crossed this thread stays faggot free

strawpoll.me/10823901

although I am probably going to get the cutter I am curious to see which ship /edg/ will prefer

[spoiled]already failed[/spoiler]

I can clearly see that

this is some advanced shitposting

and adder is the space honda

voted
>kill self

been there

Reminder.

>More and more photos and footage of No Man's Sky leaks
>The more that leaks the worse it looks

Braben and Co have absolutely nothing to worry about. Anyone who leaves will be right back.

I CONSIGN YOUR REMAINS TO THE VOID.

The lack of multiplayer already kinda killed NMS for me. It might be kinda fun for like 10-20 hours, but it won't replace the VISION for me just yet.

save us from this hell, roberts

I'm gonna still play it. Won't buy it But I want something where I can easily lean back, grab a gamepad and do nothing intensive. I agree. They've failed hard on the lack of multiplayer. Even just offering a simple p2p ability to connect friends would have been enough.

Quality Sony product.

I just bought the game and I have 4 modular terminals but I have no idea how to use them

I was saying it right from the start, the moment I watched first video of a guy talking about game's vision. This game will get old withing week or two and you literally have to be an autist to play it for longer. Just like Elite

>ed is glorified "look at procgen planets while driving a truck"
>nms is glorified "look at procgen animals on procgen planets"
>sc is glorified "look at pyramid scheme and weep"

Mouse + KB , Controller or Joystick for this game?

>no Anaconda

idiot

Anaconda is for weak minded, visionless scum who are not enlightened enough to grind fed/emp rank.

mouse+KB

controller robs you of either one axis or one thruster axis and joystick is dad tier. The only way to justify it is dual joysticks for permanent FAOFF PVP pwnage

MKB easily competes with joystick. Joystick is for immersion only.

Thanks guys. I can't get to steam right now, roughly how big is the Elite Dangerous (no DLC) download?

Just a ballpark figure if you could, please.

6 gigs or so. Are you just buying the game now? You should wait for a sale. That's when it's more "worth it".

m+kb is fine, hotas is for muh immershun, even though dad memers will argue that it's objectively better (it isn't)

haven't played with a controller, can't comment on that

my EDH folder is 16.6 gigs

seriously tho don't do it

You're saying EDH is a bad game?

dude just read the thread and the thread before that

it's grindy as fuck, there's absolutely no MMO features (no clans, crafting but no storage, no group content, etc), and the vocal minority is all Ftroop tries to appeal to, the GenXers and boomers who played the first game in the late 80's who still hold that game as the pinnacle of gaming

if you're going in expecting pretty sights that's OK but forget about any kind of depth. All there is to do is combat, haul shit, mine or stare at loading screens while honking empty systems

powerplay is completely separate from the rest of the game, is grindy as fuck and has no incentive to play beyond "yay I did the thing" AND it's completely broken on top of that

what the steam page of the game shows you is literally false advertising

Ok thanks I'm gonna go back to WoW then :^)

looks like kinectimals

is this actually just an fd game in disguise

what are the best gimbaled hardpoints combo i can put on my python?

>get interdicted
>getting out of it
>interdiction vector warps behind me
>turn to it
>it's against a planet
>aim towards it
>starts shaking violently
>go from almost escaping to interdicted
>log out

Why is this game so fucking buggy? And why is interdiction STILL COMPLETELY FUCKING BROKEN?

FD is a shit game developer. The only good advice that can be given about ED is don't bother.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/275441-Can-we-fix-the-interdiction-bugs-now?highlight=interdiction bug

That bug was happening in fucking beta. It's absolutely unacceptable that it persists. fdev is a fucking joke.

m+kb will do you fine
joystick is just as good, but dont waste money on a fancy one just for Elite
i've heard that controller is good

but you'll have to make your own conclusions on each method desu

does this game play well on the Vive?

M+KB is more precise for aiming fixed weapons or evading interdiction because a mouse is the most precise input device the game supports.

On the other hand a good stick + throttle setup will give you full analog control and provides better overall control of your ship.

For example I have a full CH setup for flight sims (stick, throttle and rudder pedals) which I'm using for ED. It gives me full analog control of all axes, throttle and even lateral thrusters via an analog microstick on the throttle. I use them constantly to stay out of firing arcs, reduce relative motion for my own fixed fire and for FA-off shenanigans.

I still use the mouse occasionally though; fighting an interdiction is like balancing on the head of a pin and I don't need to worry about thruster control in supercruise so I'll grab the mouse during those. The precision comes in really handy there.

>first post is WORKS ON MY MACHINE ;)

I agree frontiers is a joke. AI on expansion zones still isn't fixed, I made like 400mil over these months with barely lifting my finger, how is it not fixed yet?

Yeah, all that new footage of Star Citizen, though. God damn. I keep saying "don't hype yourself, if it's good it's good, and then they go and release those beautiful ad fuvk shots. God damn it, Roberts, you had better not break my heart.

Just sell them.

as fuck*

I'm not sure I should trust this...

If you're new to the game you're not near having any use for them anyway.

What's /edg/ thought on the vulture ?
I'm probably going to travel and find people to destroy.

5/5 bretty gud

By the time you have a good enough ship to use them for anything, they'll already be useless. They're a crafting material used by Engineers, but in a patch coming in the next few weeks, they'll no longer be used for any recipes. They'll only be for unlocking Marco Qwent, but that's a long way off for you. You're safe to just sell them.

they're commodities for RNGneer crafting but you need a shitload of other stuff to roll shit. Just sell them.

they're gonna be retired in a few weeks anyway when they patch engineers

Really good as a PvE combat ship, not so amazing for PvP. You can maybe overpower some dads who don't know how to high wake, but there are much better options for PvP.

>there are much better options for PvP
which one ?

FDL, hell even the FAS or the Viper III

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC --> E --> DEL --> ENTER

You will be unbeatable at pvp.

gunship with full multis
get them engi mods and you are the terminator

you will get shadow banned if you bump into a dad though

can I sothis run with an conda?

also, anybody have the best sothis conda build ? Cheapest, but works good.

Considering the way instancing is done in this game, would you even notice?

FGS is complete crap in PvP, you liar.

Anaconda is ideal sothis ship.

coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0p5tnFklndksxf5--------0000------0605050504043703034301.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=

>I can't use FAOFF

full multi gunship with 6A shields two boosters and two SCBs can out tank a FDL

>assumed implications

It still maneuvers like a boat compared to a kitted FAS or Vulture and will get absolutely wrecked in PvP by them with equally skilled pilots.

FGS is good as fire support in a wing, but struggles 1v1 against an equally skilled pilot in a faster, more agile ship.

why do the fed ships look like sour piss?
the only decent one is the corvette

the cheap plastic look of the imperial vessels isnt much better

devs need to work on more aesthetically pleasing spacecraft before they even think about addressing other issues

I like the look of the FAS.

I believe that player interdictions are even worse, as in it's impossible to actually escape one.
People have resorted to unspoken rules on interdictions because the game sure as fuck doesnt have any.

Honestly this is the least important issue facing the game. Yeah, most of the ships are either really plain looking or look like toys, but there are severe issues with the core mechanics of the game.

I mean, we're over one and half years into the game, and there are still game-breaking bugs with core mechanics, and the primary gameplay loop is just repeating the same activities over and over again without any incentive aside from credits.

This game is just a complete fucking mess. Ship aesthetics come last.

im having difficulty seeing any difference between the drop, assault and gun ships

im not trying to be a pedant, i just dont see it

Has it ever gone down to 10 dollars? This is a 10 dollar game for sure.

I bought the cheap hotas and its fun. I agree it isnt better. Its got its perks.

i was just being flippant man, its a nitpick, nothing more

How do you change your name?

You either have to clear your save and start from scratch, or you can submit a support ticket, and if they're in a good mood they'll change your name for you.

Submit a ticket to the devs, make up some sob story.

Tell them youre a forum olddad and you played the shitty version of the game and you want free stuff

Do i need to buy any DLC/Expansions to get other ships besides the starting one?

No but the Cutter and Corvette are practically impossible to get now if you weren't around before to grind faction ranks.

No, but you will need to sell your soul

oh no is there like a beginner's guide to getting new ships?

did I unknowingly get myself into a different EVE

It's not that bad. If you focus skimmer stacking you can do about a rank a day or so.

This is way simpler (and deader) than EVE. There's a flowchart I keep forgetting to save that I'm sure another kind user will post.

>It's not that bad
>you can do about a rank a day or so
>a day
Fucking Christ kill me now

I recognise you, cunt. You always point out that there's a guide, and it's always followed by you not having. It's always you. Always. I recognise your ortography and syntax. Save the image or none of your engie rolls will be good ever again.

Here you go :)

It both makes me feel all warm inside that my chart is still being used after all this time, and pissed off that Frontier hasn't added more ships. The fuck are they waiting for?

It's an opening for another user to bump the thread, my friend.

It's far easier to perform an interdiction against another player than it is to evade from one.

Unlike an escape vector, a tethered ship in front of you won't fly off screen faster than you can pitch, nor glitch behind you or rapidly blink in two different directions.

It's so much easier that even a Cutter can interdict anyone with pretty much zero chance of escape if they're competent.

>adding more stuff to grind for when we still need actual content

I know you mean well, but no.

what does it mean /edg/?

All three have the same frame but different winglets.

Dropship - multi-role
Assault Ship - vulture 2.0
Gunship - Everything in front dies, turn with FA off

Just save/make a bunch of screenshots. I'm one of the autists (three of us, I think) that consistently bump the thread if it's in danger of dying. I make every new thread my start page and make a shortcut on my home screen.

I do it uuuu

>The fuck are they waiting for

Season 3, when they can charge more money for new ships and then take them away again.

It means that the next part of the story is either locked behind a patch, or will be conveniently revealed by a "player" on or around the release of NMS.

We're forever grateful for your sacrifice, oh brave and autistic pioneer of the VISION

freelancer
>start out trying a bunch of different lowbie ships because they don't cost much, and there's so much god damned variety
>spend a whole day trying out all the different ships
>try out the Defender, suddenly holy fuck, everything is melting to your ship that's crazy overpowered for low zones
>realize there are several entire tiers of ships you hadn't even seen yet
>hype and dong status: maximum erect
>every new system you enter you hope to see new ships, new factions, new everything, and you KEEP GETTING IT

meanwhile in E:D
>fuck you here's three starter ships
>fuck you all the systems act the exact same, so you can shit on a sidewinder and be shat on by an anaconda right out of the gate
>because of the arr rook same syndrome, you don't know when your ship needs to be upgraded or when you're ready to move on to a new system, and you have to buy it and hope you have the credits to outfit it and have enough left over for insurance, unless you use a bunch of third party sites because there is absolutely fuckall information in the game
>hype and dong status: maximum flaccid
>every """""new""""" system makes you want to UNINSTALL THE GOD DAMN GAME

who else /ricewinder/ here

>buying the cosmetics

for what purpose

Probably good guy aliens sent out a voyager-esque probably and we're going to help them (ie. grind for ships) against the thargoids. They probably reside in the massive locked off swath.

How to screenshot?

It means nothing.