Lowball settlement

My insurance company is trying to lowball me really hard for my totaled car, I sent them ads for around 8-9k for the same car in the same condition, and they think 4k is a fair offer.
The accident wasn't my fault and I hold no liability in the insurances eyes. I also have $4.5k in parts on the vehicle that I feel they're not accounting for.

Where do I go from here? I figured some people on Veeky Forums have had to deal with this shit. I want at least 8k for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

kbb.com/infiniti/g/2006/g35-coupe-2d/?vehicleid=818&intent=buy-used&category=coupe&options=33757|true|33764|true|535425|true|33873|true|33881|true|6466029|true&mileage=116357&condition=very-good&pricetype=private-party
traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-tickets/unlawful-vehicle-modifications.html
roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a28135/heres-what-the-epas-track-car-proposal-actually-means/
gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-07-13/pdf/2015-15500.pdf
www3.epa.gov/otaq/climate/documents/420f12051.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ads
Doesn't work like that. Most insurance companies go off KBB.

>modified car
>they don't know about the mods
>hurr durr I need moar money
Kys.

>4.5k in parts
Aftermarket parts are not covered in your insurance jackass.

Thought for a second this was a LPG thread.
Fuck you OP.

>why the fuck won't insurance give me $8k for my 240sx?

Don't have kbb here
They asked for receipts and I gave them copies

except they are if you provide receipts

>If you provided receipts
No they aren't. Ever. Aftermarket parts (especially in the US) are all illegal on the car. It's just no one bothers to pull you over and take your car apart to find out.

It's why insurance companies don't pay you for them.

The insurance company asked for them, I'm not in the US, I'm in Canada.

What car?

holy fuck you are one dumb motherfucker.

g35

>Canada
So you paid in Toonie huh? What you talking abut with that caaar insurance? They be screwin ya right chad? Is it still cold up there? I'm sure it is, you are used to it after all eh?

You should stop listening to Margaret Atwood, completely shit.

>He fell for the meme car
>in a meme country
So what happen? You hit a moose or your grandmother?

Ha, gayyyy

Probably faster and more comfortable than whatever you own but k

>g35
>in canada
Hows those shitty salty roads treating you? I give your car 6 more months till it falls apart.

Show all the receipts you have for parts, including print offs of online orders.

sounds like the only thing salty is you

Welcome to the real world, where modding your car doesn't affect it's value.

I'm not salty of a slow piece of trash. Let me guess. Lowered, ugly ass chrone wheels, Black hood and mirrors. You tinted the windows and put some ugly fucking banner on the front one. And then you put a K&N filter on it.

>lowering a car
>some how bad

Are you that poor that you get angry at other peoples car choices?

Not very fast on the back of a tow truck.

Nah that's bullshit, you probably just came off as a pussy. Insurance wanted to give us $1400 for my techs LS400. I told them to fuck themselves, provided invoices for the work we've done. Ended up getting $4400, $770 in storage fees, and got to keep the car.
It's their job to lowball you and try to jew you down, it's up to you not to be a bitch.

>liking lowered cars
>wanting to bust his oil pan open on road reflectors
>get caught on railway spikes
>and then have his insurance denied for unsafe modifications

> not knowing how to drive
> claims everything not OEM is unsafe
Sorry you have a worthless piece of shit

>he thinks insurance companies care about his aftermarket cut springs and his hot air intake

no, i think my civic is a lot faster and more comfortable than a wrecked g35

Insurance companies HATE HIM
don't mess with his dad's employees!

Lmao sucks for you my 2003 altima got totaled and insurance giving me $4.5k

>tfw you were so sure they were going to give you half of that

Nice.

You have 3 options OP

- Get an attorney that specializes in insurance cases and get him to send a demand letter to your insurance company about fair market practices as a friendly reminder that you're willing to hire an attorney to get what you deserve. It's about $80 where I am. Insurance companies take you seriously when they see you're willing to spend money to get money you deserve. Also the insurance company does not want the looming threat of being sued for unfair conduct.

- Skip the claims adjuster that was assigned to your claim and talk to their supervisor and explain what is going on with evidence to back you up. They don't want to be on the phone with you and they'll probably end up breaking company policy, and they can determine the number there so you don't have to negotiate with the adjuster which can take days or weeks fighting with them.

- This is kind of a last resort, you can speak to an insurance ombudsmen, it's his job to investigate any unfair claims, they will do their own evaluation and force the insurance company to pay out their numbers instead of the arbitrary number the insurance wants. This can work for or against you though depending on their research.

holy shit an actual answer, thanks man

>car is worth 8k
>OP wants 8k

Are you genuinely retarded?

Kys

>Car is worth 8k
Car is worth 4k. The insurance covers the car, Not aftermarket parts.

If you haven't gone full retard yet and the car is still at the towing companies yard, just go and remove all your aftermarket parts and take the money they give you.

If you HAVE gone full retard and released the vehicle, then congrats, you're fucked.

>same car
>same condition
>sell for 8-9k

I don't know if you can't read or you're just an idiot but either way OP got his answer here

>same car
>same condition
>sells for 8-9k
Private sellers do not equal actual value of the car faggot. And Dealers mark up above the car value to make a profit.

GS is right for once Insurance companies will ALWAYS low ball you, you never take the first offer because they hope you're stupid enough to accept it. Always negotiate it with them and ask to speak to their supervisor like said, be willing to go the distance

>what is fair market value

You're just a stone cold moron my bad, don't pretend you know anything about the claims process because you obviously don't

>What is fair market value
That was decided at 4k. Be thankful you are getting that, all the "modifications" you made would get your car value to 1.5-2k and even then no one would buy it because it was riced out and ruined.

Now OP post a picture of your fucking car.

>Aftermarket parts (especially in the US) are all illegal on the car.
Wow you are dumb
>It's why insurance companies don't pay you for them.
The do if you tell them beforehand so they can adjust your rates child.

>He actually thinks he can put on aftermarket parts to his car

Federal law

>lifting/lowering vehicle illegal
>modifying emissions illegal
>modifying internal components illegal
>changing seats illegal
>changing steering wheel illegal
>changing rims illegal
Every single thing you do to the car is illegal by federal law you nigger poster.

Get as mad as you want, it was an example.

They get bonuses for how much they can lowball people, the industry is a joke. Just need to make it clear you're not having any of it and they usually fuck off real quick

It absolutely is not against federal law to change vehicle ride height, to modify internal engine components, to replace seats, steering wheel, or rims.

Only illegal to fuck with emission systems and intake/exhaust on a bike you stupid fuck.

The rest of the diarrhea you spewed is state law.

Oh god, does gs400 actually look like that?

Again you're an idiot

kbb.com/infiniti/g/2006/g35-coupe-2d/?vehicleid=818&intent=buy-used&category=coupe&options=33757|true|33764|true|535425|true|33873|true|33881|true|6466029|true&mileage=116357&condition=very-good&pricetype=private-party

I didn't even adjust for USD.

>He wasn't here for the EPA threads
The EPA was attempting to make it illegal for track cars as well. All those changes ARE illegal, you fucking moron. They have been for a good 30 years.

traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-tickets/unlawful-vehicle-modifications.html

Just because it's not enforced, doesn't mean it's legal.

How about we go off what OPs car really is.

For fucking emissions systems you nigger. No one ever claimed modifying them wasn't. You are just an idiot.
>his source is a retard website citing state laws

Do you know what federal laws are? Kill yourself.

>very good condition
>decade old nissan
how about bullshit. do you even know what KBB ratings mean?

>He doesn't know
Not my fault you think state laws are the end all be all.

Cite one federal law that states anything you said is illegal. You won't because it is not.

Modifying emission systems of all road vehicles is federally prohibited as is modifying the exhaust/intake systems of bikes. Nothing more. Don't spout federal laws that don't exist.

Alright here faggot.

roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a28135/heres-what-the-epas-track-car-proposal-actually-means/

>the EPA seeks only to clarify the wording of an existing law—one that has been in place for many years,

gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-07-13/pdf/2015-15500.pdf

no scuffs no scratches, perfect paint no rust, nothing was broken so yeah.

Don't be angry that you're so poor you can't even take care of your car

Also that's still above 4k faggot lol

Post pictures, we'll decide.

Oh what is that, its not a law and that is FOR FUCKING EMISSION COMPONENTS FOR RACE VEHICLES?

are you actually retarded? and the replacement engines complying with emission standards is a no brainer.

For the last time dipshit, cite me a federal law that says you can't change ride height or the other cancer you've claimed.

>Don't be angry that you're so poor you can't even take care of your car
I'm not poor enough to drive a 6k Nissan, but thanks anyways.

>For racing vehicles
>He wasn't here when this was going down
>He didn't read the regulations
It's actually already in place for your daily car. And you said and I quote.

>Cite one federal law that states anything you said is illegal.

Exhaust, intake, and internal components of the engine all fall under emission federal law.

BTFO.

>aftermarket
Former total loss adjuster here. From insurance perspective a/m parts do not add value to a vehicle as a normal person would want a non modified car
>mine is different
No. Sorry I feel for you but thats the way it works. They will let you take off what you can salvage but they will want the original parts in exchange or they will knock the value even lower. They probably use Mitchell for their evaluation as it's standard in the industry as it is 3rd party, uses real comps, and is unbiased

bro you probably drive a shitty entry level merc benz like some hood nigger thinking you're rich

You sure sound like an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about but I'm sure you'll fool a couple people.

Even a shitty 2003 g35 coupe is 5grand and that's complete shit

>Exhaust, intake, and internal components of the engine all fall under emission federal law.
No, they don't. Just look at what is warrantied as emission components. Only in California under state law is that true.

So for the last time, show me a federal law that states you can't change ride height or wheels. That should be easy enough for you to not scream emissions components. Lets face it, you are full of shit with no sauce.
Nah I drive an M. It is 10 years old and very good condition per KBB. The chance of a nissan passing such criteria or getting a perfect mechanical inspection is marginal at best.

Unless you specifically have insurance on the mods (lol good luck) you'll never get more than blue-book price for your car out of insurance. Tough luck. That's why people with modified cars who total them strip them of the mods and return them to stock before they let insurance have it.

You're getting not a cent more out of them, and if you push your luck, they might cut you out of even that.

The fact that you do not understand all parts inside of the engine, all the way down to your spark plugs are considered emission components. Even your A/C is part of the emission system as it causes drag on the engine.

The fact that you don't know this tells me you are a new fag crossboarder.

>I also have $4.5k in parts on the vehicle that I feel they're not accounting for.
Did you claim the parts to your insurance company before the accident so they could charge you more? No? Then you aren't getting shit your aftermarket parts weren't insured.

>ride height or wheels.
Stop moving goal posts.

And you sound like a butthurt fucking moron. Ask anyone in the industry and they will tell you the same
>muh sentimental value
Fuck your used shittily modifid car insurance is to pay back the value of the vehicle as a vehicle. Nothing more I can slap a 4k turbo and a $500 shitbox and that doesnt make it a 4500 car. Go fucking look at retards on Craigslist for people trying to sell their "tastefully modified" cars. Fuck off

>bmw in good condition
>10 years old

Jesus christ it's probably a total shit heap

yes, that's him

>Even your A/C is part of the emission system as it causes drag on the engine.
Not under federal law faggot. If it was it would have to be warrantied as an emission component by law. How about you look up what actually is an emission component you retard.
>Stop moving goal posts.
Part of the original claim douchebag. Since you are so dumb you scream everything is emissions (pro-tip: it isn't) how about you prove to me the easy ones then?

What a lack of sauce

>pulling shit out of his ass
You have been btfo like 6 times in this thread. Turn off your computer and let someone else fix your M like the good little cuck you are.

Original owner, garaged its whole life, with less than 5k miles a year. Yes, people actually do take care of their 60k M cars they bought a decade ago. All the better for me to destroy it. I also paid 24k from a BMW dealer. There is no way in hell some 6k nissan is in "very good" KBB condition. That is simply foolish, or OP doesn't know what very good means.

>btfo
>not a single source given, ever

Look up what is an emission component and covered by federal law, then explain to me how half the engine parts you claim, let alone wheels and springs apply.
>An A/C is an emission component
Veeky Forums is retarded but you sir take the cake

BTFO'D

>not a single source given
>gave 645 pages on current federal law which actually covers everything he says isn't emissions
>doesn't read any of it
>no sources
Just stop, you look retarded.

oh yeah I'll read 645 pages which surely will say springs and wheels can't be modified.

listen dipshit, if it is a federal emission component it is covered under emission warranty. now I know you are too poor to buy a new car but how about you look up what is covered for a new car. a god damned AC or piston is not an emission component, nor are your wheels or springs.

Where on the spectrum do you lie?

There's also no such thing as a shitty entry level bmw in "very good condition"

>EPA and NHTSA Set Standards to
Reduce Greenhouse Gases and
Improve Fuel Economy for Model
Years 2017-2025 Cars and Light Trucks
> improvements in air conditioning (A/C) systems that reduce tailpipe CO2 through efficiency
improvements, and (2) for reduced refrigerant leakage--through better components and/or use of
alternative refrigerants with lower global warming potential.

www3.epa.gov/otaq/climate/documents/420f12051.pdf

BTFO

>M
>entry level
pick one, and only one.
that doesn't make it a federally covered emission component alphonse.

btfo my ass

all of y'all have serious case of aspergers.

Only 1 person gave real information

This is how retarded the average person on Veeky Forums is. they don't know shit

>goal posts

You said a/c isn't part of the emission systems. EPA says otherwise, and they are a federal agency.

BTFO

>he fell for m3 meme

5k miles a year is the most you can afford to drive before it falls apart

Those things are cheap as fuck because they're built cheap as fuck

But that is literally not what it says, at all. Just because they may mandate effeciency or leak requirements does not make it a federally covered or required emission component. I swear to god everyone here is an idiot.
Z4M. e46 m3s are too old. but keep memeing poorfag.

you're right user dw

>it has to be required to be an emission component
Leaching off a system that has federal law for how much emission it can output make it a part of that emission system you dumb mother fucker.

Why do you think they account for load calculations on buses, It's not because the bus can't carry more people safely, it's because adding more weight breaks legal emission standards to maintain driving ability.

>bonuses
What a total load of shit. You realize insurance companies are not only regulated at state but also federal levels and get fined to shit for not paying or short changing a claim intentionally. All claim files and notes are subject to review at any time bt the state DOI or NICB. I worked in total loss for 3 years and the value is establised by a 3rd party company called Mitchell for this exact reason that will find comps within a reasonable distance and average those to determine value. If you are seriously implying that insurance companies keeps records of what they paid vs. The ACV you are literally retarded.
>Lawyer
Insurance companies don't give a fuck if you get a lawyer I dealt with a ton of them, did the value ever change? No. It's property and has a true, tangible value we don't negotiate unless you can prove that your comparable vehicles are more of a match than ours and are from a refutable dealer/seller. Wanna waste the money? Sure but it will not make a difference because they will tell the attorney the same. Also lawyers hate property claims so they literally put 0 effort into it as they aren't getting a 30% cut like they would for an injury claim. It sucks but thats how it is.

>bragging about a heavy as fuck z4m
>s54 literally audi tier reliability
>that gearbox grind from the factory

Should've bought a base corvette, at least that's faster and cheaper and nicer

I hired a lawyer for mine and my claim jumped from 17k to 23k so either you don't know shit or you're just talking shit

>Leaching off a system that has federal law for how much emission it can output make it a part of that emission system you dumb mother fucker.
No, it doesn't. You're telling me wheel weights are an emission component? What actually are emission components are blatantly spelled out. Look at a new vehicle emission warranty and see what is covered by law. Your asinine definition means the whole car is an emission component. That is blatantly false and only someone with autism could make such a leap.
>Why do you think they account for load calculations on buses, It's not because the bus can't carry more people safely, it's because adding more weight breaks legal emission standards to maintain driving ability.
Those are commercial vehicles and even then you are speaking about qualifying a new vehicle to emission standards. That has nothing to do with adding or modifying REQUIRED components by a consumer.
>3200lbs is heavy
not in this day and age
>s54 isn't god tier reliable
post spun bearing recall they really are
>that gearbox grind from the factory
that I won't argue with but I've never had an issue. i'll also say no S54 transmission has failed, ever. even ones that need rebuilds for worn synchros have shit loads of miles.
>vette
considered a z06 but their interiors are just too horrible. next car will likely be a new vette base or an M2. tough choice, both have their plusses.

>warranty
>warranty
>warranty = federal regulations
Goal posts again

The best advice I can give coming from experience handling the claims is the appraisal clause which most policies have. You will have to pay for the appraisal though but I only saw it work on classics or VERY well taken care of older cars. Just my two cents

the REQUIRED emission components must be warrantied under federal law. if said component is not warrantied it is not a federally required emission component. I am showing you the easiest and most obvious way to understand your overly encompassing personal interpretation of the law is incorrect.

The word we are looking for here user is "required." PCV, EGR, cat, etc. are required. AC, wheel weights, springs, are not.

>goal posts
EPA states it's a part of the emission system, it's a part of it.

Stop goal posting so fucking hard.

If you were injured it happens or you missed a lot of shit or didn't research the market and find comps. Not saying you are wrong but it is very rare when a lawyer gets more value, you were obviously one of those cases and might consider reporting the ins. Company to the state DOI or NICB

> I don't know what I'm talking about, but I want to come off as I do so I'll just write something really long they won't read anyway

Yeah

you are the one who said changing wheels and springs is illegal.

an AC is not part of the emission system.

I have nothing more to tell you if you are too stupid to listen. The law states you can't modify or remove the emission systems. Those systems and their components are blatantly described in new vehicle emission system warranties. I don't know what more to tell you aspie. There is nothing illegal about replacing pistons or springs.

No I'm not. You asked for a link to a federal law about a/c.

EPA considers the A/C a piece of the emission system and requires it to meet certain standards to keep emissions down. That make it a part of the emission system.

per EPA
per Federal Agency

I even went and provided a link on the regulation for you.

Now kindly piss off as about 4 or 5 anons have BTFO you.

No, they low balled me with the offer after my truck was totalled, kbb listed it as 24k in my year and condition, hired a lawyer and he got it done.

You sound like an insurance lackey desu