Miata v. Fiata

I'm in the market for a roadster, and these two cars are coming out. Details were just released that the Abarth Fiata would start around 28k, which one would you choose and why? I'm sort of sold on the Miata, but the fiata price and engine sound is just too sexy

Fiat
looks better
turbo
not a Miata

Fiat. It's everything the Miata is, but better and for a very similar price. It's essentially a strict upgrade.

Another vote for Fiat. Its basically the new top of the range model.

Well do you care about reliabilitiy? If you do, don't get the fiata.

P R O O F
R
O
O
F

Another vote for the Fiat here. Underneath that bodywork and interior, it's exactly the same car except for the engine.
It's even built in the same factory, by the same people, to the same standards.

but will the turbo be > NA ? major concern for daily drivability

used porsche

It uses the same engine as the 500, so anything that's been said about that also applies here.

repair costs and insurance would drive the price of owning a used porsche, im assuming

fiata to be honest

>Consumer reports
k

Dude, c'mon now...

Fiata
>dat sound
>dat easy tunability
>dat not having angry face
>dat partially shared aftermarket with the 500 abarth
>dat faster than the miata
>dat italian with jap build quality
500 Abarth, regular 500 engine is not that good
It's actually proven itself to be reliable which is gud

M I A T A
I
A
T
A

I'm a big gay weeb and even I'm going to say the Fiat.
It's cheaper and better it pretty much every single metric, unless you really prefer the looks of the ND (you shouldn't)

base fiat looks uggo
abarth looks good in any color

i'd probably take the fiat over the miat but i really don't think the fiat is as pretty as everyone makes it out to be. i don't really like the different hood color either

Am I the only one to think the Fiat looks fucking hideous? Its face is too big and those headlights, what the fuck were they thinking?

It looks dead and ridden of any personality.

The Miata looks gorgeous.

Yes, you're the only one. Because you're retarded. The 124 is better in every department. You have shit taste.

I think I'm going to wait for the reviews of the Fiata to come out, and the eventual comparison with the Miata will let me decide. The miata FR also makes a tempting offer

The only thing I don't like about the fiata is the fact that the ass end hangs out to much in my opinion. Gives it less of an aggressive stance. The base one also looks pretty meh in my opinion, I would just put up the extra 4g's and get the much better looking abarth version. But I would still pick the fiata, the price to performance is just to hard to justify when you compare club spec vs abarth and then you gotta take into account that the turbo 4 can easily be tuned into 200+ rwhp.

>That hard top

Agree 100%

>Buying new

t. NEET

...so you want a miata with horrible styling and a Dodge dart engine?

Haha. Okay, guys. Enjoy that.

Just saw a white ND. The front really looks like it has downs syndrome, the rear is okay tho.
The guy was revving the shit out of the car (hill) and it pulled like a 1.2 petrol.

>literally no torks

miata because i dont want the europoor version

seriously, this thing looks mean as fuck.
the base 124 just has strange proportions by comparison

I'll agree but the fiata still looks cool

The Miata looks ugly as hell, the front looks legit retarded.

fiat is literally worst company, they can't make shit

How does the Mercedes SLK compare to these? They're about £14k used

from what my friends have said about their slk's, they're fun enough as a roadster but are usually boaty and not as engaging as they'd like

>housewife

will these sell so badly from the
>made by fiat lel
meme that they stop making them within a few years?

Anything but the Miata RF is the wrong answer.

>$35k for a car with naturally aspirated 2.0L

can't really justify the purchase even if it looks cool...

Get an older Miata and do a [whatever] swap. Much better than 21st century trash.

>buy a frs/brz/gt86
>supercharge it
>instantly be better then any other roadster

not really looking into gt86.
Like i said, more towards roadsters than just hardtop coupes

what if they made a fastback fiata abarth?

I dont follow

not entirely untrue, but the abarth 124 spider seems interesting enough to justify at least a test drive
the abarth is pretty attractive
well the europoor version is supposed to cost more (when optioned)
i am conflicted about the styling of both cars, not sure which i prefer

I do plan on dailying this car as opposed to tracking it, which makes me feel as if the NA 2.0 skyactive would serve better in terms of an even powerband. Not sure about the fiat b/c of turbo, but I am hearing that the fiata will have more insulation and general comfort

if you want to know about the engine's powerformance and powerband, a 500 abarth or dodge dart owner would probably be the first to ask

anyone on Veeky Forums have experience? i have no clue when the fiata hits dealerships, so i guess the only experience ill get with it is w/ a 500