/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #27 - No happy ending edition

Previous thread: >Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldainformer.com/news/first-look-at-breath-of-the-wild-link-figure-by-medicom
zeldainformer.com/news/new-breath-of-the-wild-and-twilight-princess-nendoroids-and-figmas-have-bee
poal.me/p9mjik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the true reincarnation of Demise and real BBEG of BotW: Vaati

>implying the true final boss of BotW won't be Malladus

Jokes aside, I also have a feeling that Calamity Ganon is a red-herring.

No way in hell would they show him this early on, especially in a mainline console game.

He's definitely going to be the red herring - but for who or what? Demise making a comeback? Maybe Ganondorf who's trying to fuse with Calamity Ganon again? Something new entirely?

She's losing
Save her

Between the early Ganon and the old man in the cave, this looks like at least a redux of the original LoZ formula. I feel like BotW will probably have some more plot story, but LoZ started with not much at all but just a mandate to go stop this Ganon guy.

If the Oracle games are any indicator "Calamity Ganon" is a possible reference to a Ganon that has been resurrected from death at least partially. Maybe that means a secondary villain in there too. Twinrova would be the traditional source of a resurrection for Ganon. Ghirahim filled this role for Demise in SS. I don't want to say that the stories are recycled, but they do tend to use the same mechanics instead of inventing new rules.

Hey guys how is it going
Anyone got a save file of GBA ALttP with everything finished (including FS) except for the GBA exclusive dungeon? I always wanted to try that but never had the chance and the stuff I found online never worked.

SO WHAT WAS THE ANSWER TO THE RIDDLE. HOW RETARDED WERE WE FOR NOT GUESSING IT?

i bet it's something only the creator understands

What did Hyrule do this time, to deserve the condition the world is in for BotW?

It became too degenerate probably, and Ganon wants to cleanse it.

Twilight Princess Manga English release when??? it's been months since the announcement

I like the manga. They're hardly accurate to the games but it's nice to read a more personalized Link, and the differences other characters have is enjoyable too.
It's also pretty fun to see girls lusting after Link.

So ganon is/pol/

What do these enemies have in common that no other enemies in OoT do?

I know in the last thread I had crossed out Mad Scrubs, but as it turns out, they are in fact among these. I played OoT again to confirm. Zeldawiki confused me in how it distinguishes Mad Scrubs and Deku Scrubs. That's the only hint you're going to get in this thread.

>Song passed down among the Royal Family that plays on time itself.
Wow, I can't believe even the manga author for OoT knew how meaningful Zelda's Lullaby is. This is a Kubo level twist. Zelda really does have the deepest lore.

The first two volumes are on Kissmanga

GIVE US THE ANSWER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU FUCK

I'll do it, but give the new people a chance to try first.

>authors created a character who only exists to want Link's dick

>Jokes aside
YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?

RangedAoE attacks?

No. But that would be a really good guess if that had been Club Moblin. Either way, I'm sure there are more ranged monsters in OoT. I'm confident though that these are the only ones that share the connection I have in mind.

I hope it's not a red herring, Calamity Ganon looks pretty intimidating as a shapeless thing, it looks like a great final boss.
Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess were a little annoying in presenting a great villain and removing them and having the bigger villain show up right at the end to be the final boss fight without any other sort of establishment.

New shit for the op, figures and such

zeldainformer.com/news/first-look-at-breath-of-the-wild-link-figure-by-medicom

zeldainformer.com/news/new-breath-of-the-wild-and-twilight-princess-nendoroids-and-figmas-have-bee

So Cia?

Shit, I thought that WAS the club moblin, I was also thinking that each of them has an interrupt attack, but that only applies to a few of them,

Moblin charge, freezard freeze breath, redead scream, etc.

I don't know why, but I suspect game's plot is going to be some mega meta-commentary on the series and its cycles at large.

The game also has this sort of melancholy, helpless Soulsborne vibe going for it. Post-apocalyptic world where nature has overtaken everything - both magnificent technology and Hyrule's society at large. Remnants and ruined throwbacks to previous Zelda games everywhere. Ganon becoming so powerful to the point where he's no longer an individual, but an omnipotent yet mindless force of pure destruction. The Sheikah monks sitting in stasis for who knows how long, only to killed off and forgotten once Link collects a spirit orb from them. The Master Sword in ruin, rusted and broken. Link being resurrected to take out Ganon, like some manufactured drone. Hell, Link doesn't even wear his traditional green tunic anymore.

It feels like this could be the final game in the cycle. Or that the cycle has happened so many times that saving Hyrule and the world at large has become pointless and nihilistic. Almost like it's the end times, or it all needs to end. It's much more apparent and self-aware than WW's post-apocalyptic backstory and tone.

Maybe you can say I'm overthinking it, but those are my impression. Shit's fucking bleak and Nintendo's making this blatantly apparent through all of the little hints and nods they're dropping into the game's world.

They can immobilize Link?

yes although Ganon is darkskinned so that might be a contradiction. there's a theory that Hyrule cleansed the world of the Gerudo and of Sheikah that were unloyal to Hyrule. so perhaps Ganondorf wanted revenge or to get access to greater power first before they were slaughtered.

user, every zelda game shows you the bad guy at the very beggining

Have a wonderful day

Yes and no.
But we never truly see their final form until the very end of the game.

>OoT - Ganondorf to Ganon
>SS - Ghirahim and the Imprisoned to Demise human form
>MM - Skull Kid to Majoras Mask, then Majora's Wrath
>ALTTP - Agahnim to Ganon
>LA - nightmares to Dethl
>FSA - Vaati to Ganon
>ST - Cole to Malladus

There are exceptions but that's usually how it goes.

It's the dead of night.

I agree that the game seems pretty bleak but I don't think it's going to be meta commentary, I'm just not getting that vibe although maybe I'm underthinking it.

Was the Master Sword folded more than 1000 times?

Sounds kinda like Wind Waker.

>What are timezones
>What are general well wishes
>Bringing up subjective semantics on a halfcast indio-japanese basket weaving .gif board
>Giving back chat to the chill af tulpanon
Pack that shit in mate. Nobody likes "that guy"

Folded more than 2000 times, can cut through evil like butter

Sorry user, not in my neck of the woods.

I'm sure you're pretty chill too, user. You win an intrepid Fi.

Don't rig the Fi vs Saria poll.

I promise nothing.

>The game also has this sort of melancholy, helpless Soulsborne vibe going for it.
I disagree totally. The land has a very innocent tone in my opinion because the land has been brought back to its origins as a result of Ganon's victory or war or whatever happened. There's a more grim undertone because you realize that this return to form has been caused by destruction which you get to see in the ruins and the guardians and the solace of the land. Even then, though, this realization is alleviated by nature's overbearing presence and the fact that there are still people living well. Bleak is the wrong word I think poignant would be a better choice since you still have to face the fact that Hyrule was just about totally destroyed.

Someone refresh my memory, the orange sheikah door in Skyward Sword in...I believe the Faron Woods, what was it's purpose? Wasn't it to guard Zelda?

You forgot TP with Zant and Ganon.

What orange door?

You don't want a visit from my friend. Nothing fishy should happen during that match.

This one.

That just takes you to faron woods doesn't it?

Impa was inside also, so basically protect both.

There's a room in there. Inside is another door that leads to the woods.

My friend can easily destroy your friend.
Good day to you, sir.

Eh, I don't know. I really don't hope they pull another WW with the theme and tone of the overall plot. We've already had the whole "innocent and ignorant society goes on without a care in the world as a dead society sits under their feet" thing going on in WW. If they're doing it again, they better pull a different take on it.

Though I can see that they're already pulling a Ghibli spin on the nature vs tech theme, with nature representing good as a whole, particularly themes of freedom and innocence, while technology is portrayed as a destructive and repressive force (especially from the perspective of Link.)

I can't remember honestly.
Ok I was thinking it was to protect Impa/Zelda, but I honestly couldn't remember. Thanks user.

How guilty will you feel when you ultimately end up using the wolf amiibo as a decoy to draw fire that would have killed you?

No. No. You don't understand.

What do think I am? Some kind of casual player that loses?

Zero because I probably won't be using it.

So far what I have done with the Sheikah Lore.

Appearances and History within the games.
About half way done with all Sheikah Symbols and Eye Symbols that appear within the games.

After I'm done with that, I'll focus on theories and general assumptions that can be made throughout the games, and then I should be ultimately done with it.

I apologize for it taking so long, it gets tiresome writing up stuff and searching through the games and information and I don't have all the time in the world sometimes, but I will have it done, I promise you that.

Yes. I doubt your skill. I doubt your resolve. I doubt you.
Also, Santa Claus isn't real.

>amiibos

>Santa Claus isn't real.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK

>ordon village gets slaughtered
Holy shit.

Dude,spoilering text exists for a reason you mong fuck

They better show off my insane strength and toned body.

they will
Link is a beast after all

>Link is a beast after all

>Link is a beast after all

On another note, I find it funny that the Hero of Time and Hero of Twilight turn into these ferocious wolves that are loyal to the pack, yet loners, while the strongest Link, the Hero of Essences, ALttP/OoA/S/LA Link turns into an innocent little Bunny.

What is that thing on his forehead? It's clearly not for his hair since that nigga balding lmao

Traditional Gerudo thingy.

It's to hide a scar. Demise has one that hides his scar as well, it probably carried over to Ganondorf as a birthmark. Or it's just Gerudo things, Nabooru and Koume/Kotake have similar ones too, so just high-ranking Gerudo probably.

Just curious. How long is it? Like a 5-page essay?

Did that cocksucker's riddle ever get solved?

Right now it is 8783 words and about 7-8 pages in calibri 11 point font bold and I've still got plenty of stuff to write up. It's not perfect by any means and could stand to use some improvement by someone likely more talented in writing and explanation than myself, but I'm compiling everything as best that I can.

Not yet, but i know I'm going to feel so retarded after he posts the answer.

>Cia will never obsess over you and your cock

Cool, if you drop your spam email I'll help you out.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Unfortunately I do not have one, but if you wanna drop yours I can just e-mail that, as I need to be getting to bed soon, it's getting rather late and I need to go to work in the morning sadly.

Sure. [email protected]

Alright, I'll save that for later, but I'm off to bed gentlemen and maybe ladies, probably ladies.

I'll hopefully have most of that done by tomorrow night or so.

Actually try my other email. [email protected]

I still don't really get this. Is it just a cute cowlick or what?

Her belly button is a numeral, she's got no room to criticize.

It's got to be something about the drops.

>Seventh match is Hena VS Marin
poal.me/p9mjik

Usual disclaimer:
>I am just a normal guy making a poll on an anonymous imageboard. You can imagine I can't decide if a poll is rigged or if someone is cheating by posting the poll link in other threads/sites. I can't check such crazy variables. My borderline legal suggestion is: support your favourite girl and do it with all your strenght. Don't expect your adversaries to be 100% fair. That's it. And yes, we have already seen some cheats by this point.

Now, vote my friends, the poll closes in approximately 7 hours and 30 minutes.

Hena is top tier waifu material.

Marin was considered the top waifu before OoT was released. But I guess people here is too young to know who she is.
It doesn't help TP fans love to cheat with votes.

Is this thing still going? Come on, pal, give us the answer.

He's probably asleep

I love TP and I voted for Marin. We've done quite a few surveys actually, a good chunk of us are definitely old enough to have played LA as kids.

REEEEEEE

Oh, a small consideration, for the sake of statistics.
During her first match, Hena got 13 votes.
Now she got 22 votes.
She deveveloped quite the fan following.

That's great