Is brake boosting cheating?

Is brake boosting cheating?

Is putting a V8 against an I4 cheating?

>is using mechanical advantage cheating

Well if it is, then pretty much all human endeavour is cheating.

If it feels good, do it.

is having full power when you launch cheating?

Is using round wheels cheating?

Can someone explain twin turbos?

Sure thing

The first turbo sucks in spent exhaust from the header and uses that to heat up the air so it moves faster. As the high heated air moves into the intercooler it slows down and compresses. It is then thrown into the second turbo to speed back up and heat up again, once in the intake manifold it compresses again and is pushed into the combustion chamber. Excess boost from the 2nd turbo is used to increase the PSI of the fuel injectors, preventing waste gate overload.

After that the pressurized fuel mixes with the highely heated, cooled compressed and heated again air in the chamber, but does not combust yet. It is sent out the exhaust through the turbos again to create a second layer of compression, heat and fuel.

This allows the system to increase horse power without actually wasting fuel. It's also easier on the engine as the fuel only has to combust once every 2 cycles..

>have glorious american dohc supercharged v8
>dat instant torque doesn't even give ricers a chance to brake boost
>mfw

I'm impressed

LTG or ecoboost?

eh... I thought you meant having a car with a brake booster.

I know it as a handbrake launch. It's not cheating, it's like launch control but doing it manually. Saves wear on the car's components too. Doing a clutch dump all the time will work but will break things

Fraternal or maternal?

you forgot about how it pressurizes the cooling system to help raise the boiling point of the coolant.

if you have a manuel a little technich called clutch and rev works just as well

It's a ford bur it's not an ecoboost

What about the electrical infetterince?

Turbos build boost under engine load not rpm.

Why do does the STI stock turbo sound so inferior compared to the EVO stock turbo? Is it because it's smaller or it's the BOV?