TIRE THREAD

TIRE THREAD. Post anything tire-related you like.

>Also

How shit are B/F Goodrich Radial T/A's? Are they Boomer/Muscle only tires?

The thing is they are the only cheap tires I can find that go up to 235mm wide on smaller wheels, like a 15inch.

>Muscle tires on a jap poobox
Don't judge

Other urls found in this thread:

treaddepot.com/?gclid=CMealv2ztswCFQaUfgodyF8D4Q#!productDetail/tireStandardFitment/90000002527
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love BF goodrich, very beefy looking on my little car

Who here rolls on Mickey Thompsons?

>tfw Hankook doesn't make a Y+ tire in my size
One day...

Michelin master race

Pilot super sport summer
X-ice 3 winter

How much do y'all pay for 4 tires installed out the door? I keep getting quotes at $400+ for cheap tires, this can't be average, or am I just a poor fag?

Wal-Mart mounted and balanced 4 tires for about $70.

You're just poor. Mounting and balance is 50-100 depending on where you are. So 400 including tires isn't bad

They're not bad. Run them on whatever you like if you like the more rugged tire look.

The Radial T/A is rock hard tread garbage. Check out the new Maxxis Victra VR-1. Extreme summer 200 treadwear 245/40R15

But then you have to put chip foose tier wheels on

What? It's a 15" tire

Paid $440 set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's mounted and balanced.
>Brick and mortar tire stores will screw you. Shop online and search for coupons.
>Jew schwabs wanted like 660 for a set of their weird off brand tires

Yeah put it's skinny and short

Fits Miatas and other small cars perfectly though. As a small diameter tire it will be hard to fit to a muscle car, But what tire company is going to make a tall sidewall 50-60 series tire in a hipo compound?

I talked to a big tire maker about custom wide 15" tires. Quoted ~$350 per tire minimum $1,750,000 pre-order or 5,000 tires so 1,250 sets of 4.

Poor. That is how much one of my tires cost.

Loving my direzzas so far.
Coming up next, coilovers.

copped these very lightly used 205/50ZR15 BFGoodrich Rivals last week. can't wait to mount them. I'm sure it'll be night and day coming from some cheap all seasons.

what kind? I've heard good things about fortune auto coilovers recently. been thinking about buying a set for my NA

Not sure really, first car I've actually bothered to upgrade, first vehicle I've even looked into with suspension.
Maybe an FM coilover/swaybar set but I've only had a brisk look on forums as to what people are running.

>that picture
kys

it's snapchat who cares

I don't recommend VMAXX just btw

Haven't read enough to figure out why, is it just a cheaper construction?

Whats better for max comfort, wide or narrow tires, if the diameter and compound are roughly the same?

yeah they're cheap Chinese shit.

that's a good question. I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. the compound is more important than width when it comes to comfort and road noise

Figured they were too good to be true.

The other problem is that I live in NZ, everything costs 2x what it does anywhere else.

is it worth it to put sporty tyres on a shitbox? Been thinking about getting some michelin super sports for my 220hp beater

I went from $50 chinkers to Direzza Z2's in And it made a world of difference.
Not just pure grip, but the stiffer sidewalls made such a huge improvement in higher speed cornering.

Ive been running Direzza star specs for three years now, looking to replace them with either the ZIIs or BFG Rivals.

Anyone have experience with either of them? They're for my miata with pretty stiff springs btw.

That's a rip off. There's a local place near me that did 4 tires for me for $63, mounted and balanced.

Considering it's a 10 minute affair, I'd tend to agree.

Continental extreme contact DW, I work for Continental so I get them super cheap.

Loved those tires. Had them on my ls1 f body. decent price for decent tire

who here /linglongs/?

Nah mate, we prefer living

Look into Cooper Cobra Radial GT's, they're a cheaper variation of the BFG Radial's, easy to find in a 255/75/15, 255/70/15, 255/60/15 etc, I got a full set for $94 a tire last year, done well hooning a 4500lb barge around rain sun or snow.

treaddepot.com/?gclid=CMealv2ztswCFQaUfgodyF8D4Q#!productDetail/tireStandardFitment/90000002527

>ayyyyy

I put the DWS on my WRX and they seem a bit hard for the first ten miles or so. That normal? Currently living in desert so was pointless to get the S but w/e

dw has a treadwear of 300. dws is 600. big difference there sailor.

>snapchat
>used tires
filthy casual

>he doesnt get lightly used tires for half the price

I bet you only buy new cars too.

Mah nigga
Although my buddy that put them on, said that they were the hardest tires he's ever had to mount.

Trying to get 205/75/r14 for my car.

Back in the day when I was shopping and poor tire rack had American tires with the red/white stripe.
Now I can only find some weird brand name Japanese tires to put on my American muscle car...

Just got some Toyo Extensas, but I haven't been able to put much mileage on them yet.

Cant have japcrap tarnish sum of dat glorious purebred ’Merikan Mussle

I work at a walmart tle, it should be $68 before tax. $56 if you don't get new valve stems.

what tires are these

They look cool and offer better traction than the all terrains i had to put on this 2wd truck when i bought it.

They look like Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTS's to me

>tfw 10 year old summer tires in winter
>tfw 10 year old summer tires, ever

gonna buy Pirelli Cinturato All Seasons because I'm too poor for a seperate pair of summer and winter tires, and because it's most of the time the same climate and weather here, anyways.

I have Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires on my car.

MT in general is a good brand to go with.

don't drive on those m8 those are going to fall apart. 10 years is the absolute max

How the fuck do you guys find Pilot Super Sports for like 120 per? The 245s I'd need are like 190 minimum, plus another eighty or so to mount and balance all four.

Mate drove this entire winter on 14 year old Hakkapellitta 2's with the studs removed... had he lived anywhere but the inner city where the snowfalls are super light & the salt heavy he'd be so fucked

We both drive W202 Mercs, and the difference was quite noticeable. There were inclines where he would have to gather speed and just hope he got up where I, on my four year old Hakkapellitta 7's in good condition, could do hill starts with no trouble

yeah I just realized a few days ago, I was like "i wonder how old my tires actually are" and then bam, I saw that they were building cracks already (as you can see in the picture) so now I'm really after new tires. I actually wanted to buy a new bike from the money, but I can't enjoy the bike if I die because I cheaped out on replacing the tires, so I guess it makes sense to spend the few bucks on new tires.
thinking of directly mounting them on fresh rims, but >600€ in rims for a car that costed me about 2100€

is it morally wrong to sell your expired tires to people on craigslist? Caveat emptor right? it says the date of manufacture right on the sidewall

Very good street tires. Expect 10000 miles of life, tops. Dead hooks for days.
Atrocious highway performance in the rain. I don't recommend unless you like losing your rear end cruising at 70.

>calling someone poor
> dding on slicks with a tread pattern

The problem with rivals is that they look like garbage for being a top tier tire

What's wrong with having fun... you remind me of my ex. She had this fetishes where she used to dress up like herself and act like a total bitch all the time..

Been rocking Dunlop Drizzera ZII Star's on my 91 Miata.

They fucking rock, if you can afford em, get them. They are more grip then the stock engine and chassis will ever need.

Just make sure they are warm before you get hekdik and be careful in the wet. I don't have any time on them in the rain because it's not my DD, but that is what I have heard from other owners.

>Buying tires that no real dealer would ever carry

Top kek.

Lightly used when they were taken off 5 years ago

>That glazed over rubber

Such deal

got my aluminum valve stems in today from 949 racing. super nice quality.

you don't like how they look? I kind of like the pattern

forgot pic

>implying I didn't check the date of manufacture

they were manufactured in late 2014. also they have roughly 500 miles on them and were stored in a heated garage

I drive around on 155R13 tires from 1999 and they work great.

I've worked in a tire shop, and regarding tires over 10 years old, my boss always thought that if there's no dry rot or damage, there's no issue.

Wow premium brand stuff seems really expensive in Murica.

Here in Ireland you can get mid range stuff like Firestone or Hankook for 55-60 euro per corner balanced with old tyres recycled.

Bridgestone touring tyres for bog tandard passenger cars start at 70 per corner.

We do sell tires that aren't $50 chinese piles of crap. You just have to special order them either at the store or from the walmart website. Lots of Continental, Nitto, Kumho, Nexen, and Michelin tires if you order them online. Most retards want to cheap out on tires for some reason when they're probably one of the most important parts of a car though so we sell the shit out of $50-70/ea. Douglas tires.

I used Pirelli studded tires from 1992 a couple winters ago on my W201 Merc, and didn't even get stuck once.
I know a guy who one winter used studded tires from 1982, they had been sitting in storage since the 80s.
t:

Kek

It's just an uninspired tread pattern and it won't make other drivers wet themselves like seeing a car with summer uhps in the front and DRs in the back

What kind of roads, inclines and snowfalls do you get? Where he drove it was quite flat, there were plows running all the time and salt, meaning that he got around OK where he lived, but would struggle super hard if he ever came to visit me and try driving on the ice-covered mountain roads. He had to give up when driving his gf and some of her friends to a club, as he simply could not get enough speed to get up the last bit of the road... and this was the same road I drive to work every day, in both better and worse conditions, having never had any sort of issue getting to work or felt a lack of grip

He didn't get stuck either, but there were places where he had to really plan his driving to make sure he got there, aka gather up speed before an incline, reuse his tracks if he met a 10cm bank of heavy snow where he had to repeatedly drive back and forth to flatten the snow before finally being able to get through with good speed

Shame the photo isn't better, maybe you could've seen the date on the tires

Recently got Toyo Proxes T1-R for my miata, anyone else who's had them? I got 205/50 15 inches.

Not on a Miata, but they are my summers on the Merc, in 205/55/16 Damned good price, good dry grip and decent wet grip. High rolling resistance, and quite noisy.

OK tires for the price, but the design is a bit dated and there are better options out there, like the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2, Michelin Pilot Sport 3, Bridgestone Potenza s001 and many, many others

there are sexier tire patterns I agree. Yokohama advans come to mind. but imo the bfgs can look nice with the right wheel, pic related

The Miata I bought came with really nice 16" rims, which I'm sure are going to get stolen since I have to park her outside. I'm going to beat the theives to the punch and just craigslist them.

I'm picking up a set of garbage Miata daisy wheels because I don't give a shit if those get stolen.I'm just going to paint them black.

The problem is, I'm having an issue finding good tires for them. They are 14x5.5.

I don't really want to go with the shittiest 35$ a apiece allseasons ones from Walmart since I do want to actually experience some enjoyment driving.

What are the best cheapass budget fun Miata tires I can get for the daisy rims and where sells them (preferrally a place local to Denver that can do the installation as well).

What 14inch tire is gud

kumho ecsta are good cheap tires, I believe they come in 14 but I'm not sure

I got kumho ecsta ku39's

They're fantastic for the price, much better than the pirelli p-zeros that came stock with my car