Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Reason why it's never coming to consoles again Edition

>Great news!
Athena's Armor Set Search has been updated: mediafire.com/folder/fpoki5x46p78s/MHGen

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

discord.me/mhg

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

90210 fakestreet, California.
You can watch as I suck that Dragon's pussy.

whats going on in this picture

Would it be worth it dropping one of the lesser attack skills to grab power coating level 1 add for bow? The idea is to sacrifice damage at the start of the hunt but to ensure you actually have coatings to use once you run out of level 2.

No idea on the math behind it.

First for this game sux

to the hr7 hunter who left cause i posted teostra: sorry i didn't notice what you said, i would've changed it. come back if you wish!

Is the Tigrex LS good if I have critical eye to negate the bad affinity? I love the design of it.

japs play the fuck out of this game
here's the catch: they do it outside

Japanese holiday. aka A Monstah Hontah game is released.

I want to BE Meowstress!

This Nanaca guy is pretty bad. Keeps carting and wears ugly armor all the time. I wish new people would get good before joining us.

adult kiss, etc.

me too

Don't bully people on the general.

But MH is on consoles

Any HR7+ Rooms?

isnt there a brotherhood dedicated specifically to exposing nanaca
i think he deserves to be bullied

Make one and I'll join

why is she a loli

why is there a giant penis on that cats face

Room id: 53-4638-2872-4810

Pw:rage

Doing some hr rotations, 1 slot open

I'm going to activate my anti-bully protocol if you don't chill the heck out.

Why can't you make it? I mean i'll make it just a bit curious.

shit anything but that

No reason in particular.

does the new 3ds cut into anyone else's hands or is it just me

like everything about this console feels like it's not meant to be played

>Glavenus intro video
As if I wasn't nervous enough about this dinosaur

>most popular handheld
>not meant to be played

okay kid

I have larger than average hands and it's still a problem for me. The ergonomics are pretty bad.

MHG: HR7+ Turns Room

18-3352-9121-5438

2/4

It's pretty bad. Get a grip. It makes it so much comfier. I recommend pic related. But a cheap plastic equivalent should work too. This one is rubber coated though. Feels pretty nice.

>what is reading comprehension

when will MH introduce limb damage guys?

>wail on legs
>limping throughout the whole hunt
>wail on the wings
>only flys low or uneven flight crashes
>wails on the jaw
>can't shout anymore

what are you doing capcom?

>restarted MH3U as a Bow main
>mfw feeling meh in groups
>instantly want to start playing HH
Am I just an innate hipster or what
Also, what are valuable skills?
i know everyone loves Attack Up L, at least

Yes it's uncomfortable as fuck. Make these simple modifications and be amazed as it becomes ridiculously comfy.

It's not meant to be played for hours on end, why else would they constantly tell you to go outside

Why? Because it's the hundreth cinematic with a rathian or rathalos getting btfo?

I think only velocies and jaggis have a worse fate in MH animations.

It's funny how Toukiden gets the rap on this but not MH.

link to all 3?
this is the xl right?

>Rathalos is the series flagship and is shoved down our throats in every game
>But he's a pathetic dork who constantly gets shit on.

Tigrex is starting to join his ranks too.

This fucking thing traumatized the shit out of me when I was a little kid. I don't do well with literal T-rexes.

We're all autistic and can't deal with change.

I AM NOT *spins in place*

In videos, I see people doing the adept dodge, and then immediately running in the opposite direction of the dodge. When I try to do this, I run in the direction of the dodge.

How do I adept dodge correctly?

>join mhg lobby
>want to do one lagi quest
>2 hr 1's and an hr 96 in no armor
>host if the lobby tries to say funny things but it just sounds cringey
>other two are silent
>host spamming "casul garbage!"

I really wish shitters didn't come to mhg. Is this because generations was released?

Everybody knows 3DS is not ergonomic. Overall really bad design in hardware.

It's there, it's just monster dependent and not as extreme to prevent snowballing. If you broke a Los's wings like that it'd neuter him, so they don't do it. Instead they just do shit like what happens with Steve's limbs so he can't bleed you as easily or Cham's head so he can't go fully invisible anymore. It let's you have an effect on the monster without completely steamrolling it.

pull the direction pad in the opposite way you dodged, toward the monster.

Yes, XL

You can find the grip and slide pad covers on Amazon, they're the Cyber Gadget brand

The nub replacement is a PSP1000 stick, you can cannibalize any old PSP you have lying around or you can order the part on your marketplace of choice

>That level where you go inside the big dinosaur

Why isn't there an elder dragon like that yet? Lost Planet had one.

>You will never RIP AND TEAR Jhen from the inside out

I tried this and while the feeling of the coating is nice, it put way too much distance on the L and R buttons and the rests for the fingers on the back made in uncomfortable over time more so than the default 3DS holding.

Yes it's pure garbage. I don't think the r&d did much play testing with it. Grips and changing the nub helps a bit but it's still painful to play with after a while.

When? Should I hold it as I dodge or at the end of the dodge?

You know incidentally this fucking thing made me terrified of deep water, too

I love that game but it gave me lasting mental damage

Anyone feel like doing a late low rank/early high rank turns room? tfw no friends

Do you think MH5 will go back to the weighty considered combat and a step away from the too flashy HA and styles?

Sure I'm down.

Sure, I'm down.

Hopefully not

That depends entirely on the Japanese reception to it. Check what the nips think and you'll have an answer.

Just don't ever join rooms with Tom and you'll be fine.

no

Sure, I'm down.

>weighty considered combat
That's still there though, HA and styles just let you do different things.

You're complaining that the restaurant got your order right, and then gave you two free sides that are totally optional and that you don't have to touch.

Yup

You guys help me help this guy with narkarkos urgent though.

18-2150-3213-1931

You'll have to try harder, that simply won't do,
At this rate you'll always be a literally who!

20-9552-2126-7269. Usual pass.

Sure, I'm up.

No problems here.

This one's good, but mainly its small n3ds version.

I bet you loved Gobul

>Tfw we'll be getting G-rank versions of the Fantastic Four one day.

Can't wait to see my boy Astalos with even crazier attacks.

2/4

Man I fucking suck at fighting Glavenus. My fights are all sub 10 in low rank but I get hit so often.

I find myself getting out of stamina with Dual blades because he moves around so much and I'm trying to fill my demon gauge. I seem to have a lot of trouble filling it so when should I filling it.

So I haven't played any monster hunter games except for Freedom Unite in high school, but I did nothing but play that game for a while.
Is Generations worth picking up if that's the case? And is the Great Sword still a good weapon to use?

I've only played the WiiU version;
is it hard adjusting to a smaller screen?
I was thinking of buying a N3DS XL just for this

Can't find the room, unless I'm doing something wrong.

>tfw can't get out of my early low rank armor even in early high rank because literally no armor set has good skills ever

Fucking kill this game.

Astalos or Zinogre longsword?

>implying I didn't NOPE the fuck out of underwater combat entirely

So I decided to try out some other weapons besides SA to see if I like them. First I did some arena fights then I realized they have armor and weapons that aren't shit/level appropriate. So I bought an iron weapon for a few (because petrified level one is dog shit that goes red or orange too fast) and went to see how they fared against one of the lowest creatures, Arzuros (of course I left my bujabujabu with attack up gems for atk L on because there's a limit to how much of an authentic beginner hunter experience I wanted to test). I tried out the GS, L, SnS, HH, and CB.
So first thing I noticed was that his bracers need green sharpness to not say "fuck you". With GS, I came down vertically and never hit it. With Lance, again I never hit it. With HH, it didn't matter because mind's eye, same reason why it never mattered for my SA. CB never seemed to hit those because I never noticed it bounce, but SnS? If I were new and thinking of maining SnS and my combos involved me flailing around wildly hitting any old body part and bouncing this much, I'd switch.
Next was dodging. GS, CB, and HH all had a roll. Lance? It either hops back or to the side. You'd think this wouldn't be a problem, but if it charges at you from point blank while you're hitting it which it tends to do, you can't backhop away because it's coming right at ya, and sidehops barely go anywhere. Guarding eats up all of your stamina, which you already eat up doing a hop every three pokes. Lance also couldn't charge fast enough to keep up with an escaping Arzuros. Lance gets the thumbs down from me.
Finally, kill times. The GS is a slow hitter but does insane damage, it got the seal of approval. The charge blade surprisingly did well despite me barely knowing what I'm doing aside from spamming explosions. Hunting horn has the slowness of an uncharged great sword with the damage of a sword mode CB, and it's swings are so wide that I never got a KO.
So the moral of the story is GS is awesome. CB's ok.

Lagiacrus

does your psp1000 nub tilt towards the top left too?

Next one will probably be on the NX, since 3g was on the Wii u

Yep, just don't press down too hard or get some of those adhesive rings to put under it

My OCD's probably gonna force me to do the later

>Oh dearie me hunter is that your ponder? Why it's fleshy tip couldn't be more rounder!
>W-wait hunter those are my panties! if you remove those, if you rip those off i'm afraid i'll be scanty!
>Oh.... Hunter, if your intent is to make me bulge, then I shall just have to indulge!
>Your plan seems to have gone off without a hitch, perhaps it's time you made me your bitch!

Speaking of, what did they do to that thing, was it like this in 3rd too?
Was happy to see one of my favourites back in action and relatively strong among it's posterboy pears but fuck is he annoying.

You gave fucking Azuros and Koalabunny a deviant but not Lagi? Fuck you Capcom

you suck at this

Why laggycrus?

No, we've been through this many times. NX is not coming out in 2016 whereas the next MH is.

Still up?

So I dug up my old MH3U only to find that I was still HR5 and hadn't cleared Mark of a Hero. In the interest of actually playing Generations in a timely manner is it possible for me to run this quest with my current gear if I'm not retarded enough to actually cart, or should I just shove it back in the drawer?

I've seen speedclears of this quest with shit like Warflare Demolisher, dunno if the same thing is possible with, say, Dios Flier+.

>beat Glavenus
>Meowstress is singing

For what purpose?

Yeah, sorry. I probably should've mentioned I joined 's room.

Fuck off until you can rhyme properly or I'll give you a big wet adult kiss!

Nevermind I take that back, I assumed you wouldn't be using Handicraft for some dumb reason.

Assuming you use Handicraft, Astalos and Rajang have the best thunder LSs.

Astalos has less thunder but more affinity, and Rajang's "demonlord katana" has a fuckload of thunder, but -10 affinity.

They have the same raw and similar sharpness with Handicraft. I apologize.

He spams AoEs a lot, that's pretty much all he does now. They had to adapt him to onland combat and made him an improved Khezu.

>he doesn't want to fuck a dragon