Who else /hyped/?

Is this the future of combustion engines?
>tfw future son will be driving a turbocharged camless manual saab in 2050

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a27909/saab-9-3-electric-car-china-nevs/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bch5B23_pu0?t=5m47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Could be the future. We'll see.

Personally I think its that plus electrically controlled turbos, like in F1.

>saab
I have bad news for you user

Thats pretty cool.

switch between 2 and 4 stroke, diesel and gas, shut off cylinders, shut off valves, can derate or uprate on the fly.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a27909/saab-9-3-electric-car-china-nevs/
Why do they have to be such a tease?

>tfw future son is a driving enthusiast so he spent $50,000 and took the 5 written exams, 3 practical tests, and 2 oral examinations requried to fit an RFID tag in his neck that allows him to enable semi-manual pilot mode in his Google self-driving electric car in 2050.

Fixed that for you.

this

*future wife's son

This is why you keep an old carburated relic in your shed that you've converted to run on moonshine and you take your grandson out hooning in the desert.

>depend more and more of the car's engine on it's electrical system
>electrical system fails
>spend hundreds on replacing fried ECU's or faulty wiring

soon everything in the car will have sensors and will be so depended on other parts to ruin correctly due to being one large electrical system, parts won't run interdependently off each other it'll be one whole unison circuit.

As soon as one item in that circuit fails the whole circuit fails.

fucking kek

thats some terrible machining on the top

That's so they can put a "CNC-machined" label on it and retards will pay 2-3x what it's worth

Care to explain why? If you anodize aluminum this way you always see the machining marks quite clearly. Nothing wrong with that.

what am i looking at here? harvesting exhaust pressure to charge a battery?

>carburates
>no more carburators in the future
>leave shed with grandson and the moonshine eats through the hoses and gaskets
>teach your grandson what it was to push shitboxes manualy.

i would do a comless conversion on my evo if i had cryo treated gears in my transmission

soon? we have this now. The ECU controls fuel injection and ignition, and those are pretty important for cars to run

Where have you been? This has been a thing since the late 90s

>soon

It has a regenerative mode, but it can also use an electric motor to force air through, eliminating turbo lag I guess

>fancy CNC machined MUH BILLET valvecover
>probably cost $1,000
>they couldn't be bothered to polish the machining marks off

Formula one uses them in their turbo V6's. They basically put a small DC electric motor between the hot and cold side of the turbo which can be used to speed up or slow down the turbo. When they need more boost, they can press a button and the motor will spool up the turbo and reduce turbo lag. Then when the turbo creates too much boost, the electric motor can be used as a generator to create power for the battery packs and slow down the turbo.

It basically replaces a wastegate while also minimizing turbo spool and creating electricity for the other electric motor attached to the drivetrain.

>>depend more and more of the car's engine on it's electrical system

What car do you drive? I bet if it's anything made past 1990 you'll have EFI in it.
Car manufacturers will never wire an entire electrical system in series. That's asking for the horrendous situation you described. Almost everything in your car is parallel, why do you think that your engine still runs if your power windows don't work? Do you even know what power windows are grandpa?

Have you even taken a basic EE course or are you just retarded?

Have you been living under a rock for the past 30 years?

>camless engine prototype
>bitch about the cover not looking pretty

Look at it this way; they went to all of the trouble and expense to make an ultra-fancy CNC machined billet valve cover and didn't bother to polish the marks off. It shows that they have their priorities screwed up. It would've been cheaper and more efficient to cast a valve cover and put the money spent on that machining into the valvetrain development.

This. It doesnt need a pretty cover anyway wtf?

That shit is illegal

Or they had a CNC mill lying around that they decided to use, it's a one off cover so why go out of your way to make it cheaper when you can use your resources immediately?

For their next prototype you'll bitch about priorities being screwed up because they'll use a 3D printer to make a part or something

>Or they had a CNC mill lying around that they decided to use
>For their next prototype you'll bitch about priorities being screwed up because they'll use a 3D printer to make a part or something

Wow you're pretty stupid user

>electrical system fails
Which never happens. Maybe components but full on failures are extremely rare. So you'll be taking a slight, almost impossible chance of electrical failure in exchange for eliminating ignition and fuel delivery as wear and tear items.

Am I user? You suggested they cast the part, but I don't even think Koenigsegg does any casting anymore

>thread about future technology
>luddites out of the woodwork with MUH ILLEGAL CARS MUH UNRELIABLE GIZMOS MUH POLICE STATE

youtube.com/watch?v=Bch5B23_pu0?t=5m47s

It's just a one-off from Koenigsegg, what do you expect? If you looked at the valve cover you can see his name engraved even.