youtube.com/watch?v=xT4IkCCRlCU
youtube.com/watch?v=TKgeCQGu_ug
youtube.com/watch?v=1F5yIVffMEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

u first

Transporter 1

"Christine" (1983)

this

People are probably gonna hate me for this, but Need For Speed was a pleasant surprise for me. The film feels really fast and while the plot is about even to Fast & Furious (1), it's just as well made and even kinda romantic.

The critics didn't really like it but I was blown away and watched it twice in a row.

Driven. It is a 2 hour shitpost that makes The Fast and The Furious seem intelligent.

Pretty much it is Veeky Forums in movie form.

is this related ?

I liked Rush a lot

Bullitt
Senna
Goodbye pork pie
Lupin III

Maximum Overdrive (1986)

This was actually directed by the horror author Stephen King.

Probably the best racing film.

They were also making a Group B short film i think its finished but the only places to watch them are at festivals i believe.
Heres the trailer:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd-GH-NIVGM

Btw by "they" i didnt mean the rush film team

Love the Beast

Bullitt sucked. I'm sorry. It's true. No one remembers or cares about the plot. It's just an excuse for the unrealistic, but well-filmed car chase.
>implying a 289 small block Mustang could outrun a 440 big block, or 426 hemi Dodge Charger
That chase would've been over real quick IRL.
Not only that, The Mustang kept breaking throughout the course of filming while the Dodge never gave them a problem. The only reason the Mustang was the hero car was looks.

The Mustang was a 390 and the 440 RT Charger weighs nearly 1000 pounds more than the Mustang. The charger also has a second person in it

It's one of those glorious movies- like a conversation or a serious man- that doesn't really go anywhere and leaves a man trying to be good just shaken and confused about his life.

>nerd buys beat to shit rustbox with fins
>no one likes car
>nerd loves car
>car loves nerd
>car murders anyone that gets between her and her nerd
>car repairs itself

It's literally an Veeky Forums love story.

nah son, pic related is shitp/o/sting: the movie

I loved that movie.
Such a guilty pleasure.
The acting has so much ham, you could open a nationwide restaurant chain serving only pork burgers, but it's just glorious to watch.

Nope. in 1968, the only big block Mustangs were Shelbys, which that is clearly not.

that is what is so great about it and a lot of movies from the 70s and 80s.

it wasn't serious business and you could just tell the cast was having fun making it.

>ctrl+F
>World's Fastest Indian not found

shame, Veeky Forums, shame

This, it's the comfiest Veeky Forums movie

It literally takes ten seconds to disprove that statement
>The 1967 model year Mustang was the first redesign of the original model. Ford's designers began drawing up a larger version even as the original was achieving sales success, and while "Iacocca later complained about the Mustang's growth, he did oversee the redesign for 1967 ."[36] The major mechanical feature was to allow the installation of a big-block V8 engine. The overall size, interior and cargo space were increased. Exterior trim changes included concave taillights, side scoop (1967 model) and chrome (1968 model) side ornamentation, square rear-view mirrors, and usual yearly wheel and gas cap changes. The high-performance 289 option was placed behind the newer 335 hp (250 kW; 340 PS) 390 cu in (6.4 L) FE engine from the Ford Thunderbird, which was equipped with a four-barrel carburetor. A 390 GT engine, and a 4-speed manual transmission recorded quarter mile times of approximately 13 seconds and trap speeds of over 105 mph (169 km/h)[citation needed]. During the mid-1968 model year, a drag racer for the street could be ordered with the optional 428 cu in (7.0 L) Cobra Jet engine which was officially rated at 335 hp (250 kW; 340 PS) all of these Mustangs were issued R codes on their VIN#'s.[37]

>motorcycles
>on Veeky Forums

It's a documentary and not a true movie but it was great

Pfft all made up bullshit. If you want to see what real racers do, this is it:

youtube.com/watch?v=xT4IkCCRlCU

>rush
>two lane blacktop
>road warrior
>fury road
>days of thunder
>vanishing point
>american graffiti
>all F&F
>world's fastest indian
>senna
>faster
>cars 1&2 (fuck u they're good)
>drive
>LE MANS
>that documentary about paul newman
>HORATIO'S DRIVE

RUSH

Because it was based off a short story he wrote, ya numnuts.

He also wrote Christine () and From a Buick 8 (not about a car, per se, but worth a read anyway).

>Nope. in 1968, the only big block Mustangs were Shelbys

>cars 1&2 (fuck u they're good)
I don't agree that they're good but I do agree the people making it put in all sorts of stuff that only car nerds/parents would notice and definitely not the target audience (children).

>bugs flying around a lamp post are VW Beetles
>the Miatas flashing their headlights

also if any of you faggots want to read a book someday, read "Go Like Hell", the story of Ford v Ferrari at le mans. great motherfucking book.

speedracer

>not including the Cannonball Run movies

nigga I will cut you

sorry i'm drunk and just listing off the top of my head.
>cannonball run
>smokey and the bandit
>easy rider

plese add to god list

>No "Christine"
>No "The Car"
nigger, they won't find your body.

The original gone in 60 seconds not the nicholas cage one

>The Wraith
>Duel
>Gone in 60 Seconds (Original)

I know they're TV shows, but what about Dukes of Hazzard and Starsky & Hutch?

i don't think i've ever seen duel, but the other two i agree 100%

Duel was scary af
The fact it was based on a true story makes it even creepier.

ahh the killer 18 wheeler movie, hell yeah mah nigga 100

I never watched cars 2 because it's environmentalist propaganda, but I love the first one.

>the car

I miss movies like this or The Birds. You know, movies about normal stuff going berserk and killing people. It was total nightmare fuel as a child.

Now what to kids have? Saw? lol just don't piss the guy off. It's not like a flock of birds killing people.

no it's not, lol, watch it nigga i don't wanna give away the end

Fun fact: "The Car" was LITERALLY a Jaws remake. They just replaced the giant killer shark with an indestructible sedan from hell.

You would love this then.
a horde of semi trucks literally hold the humans at a truck stop hostage.

T. Busrider

speaking of, there's this short film Peugeot made with Ari Vatanen when he made a hill climb up Pikes Peak

youtube.com/watch?v=TKgeCQGu_ug

Why do people that know fuck all about cars always talk on here like they're the definitive end-all source of information?

You're probably the dumbass that thinks a 428CJ is the same thing as an FE.

Dust to Glory. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

I hate daniel brühl so much

T. Buttmad cager

Duel was one of my favorite old car movies. Scared the shit out of me.

If your car isn't featured multiple times on Cars 2. it's basically a non-car.

I always felt bad for the cars who were just a boring econobox. Like how much must it suck to see all the cool or unique cars and know your only feature is trunk space.

k

Death Race

>You're probably the dumbass that thinks a 428CJ is the same thing as an FE.

You do realize that the 428CJ was just one variation of the FE bg block family, right? Saying that a CJ and an FE are the same thing is not really incorrect.

>setting your standards to a children's cartoon
Faggot

>not having your car advertised in a videoclip
youtube.com/watch?v=1F5yIVffMEc

Underrated. Absolutely fuck what every one else thinks. I loved everything about this movie

Well, it does reflect real world with celebrities and normal people

dat der is a gud muvi cuz

>proud of the fact his car is in a horrible music video as well
Even bigger faggot

So sour.

>Christina Ricci

Literally all I needed.

I remember watching two different car movies as a kid, and I don't know the names of either. Maybe Veeky Forums can use thier super autistic powers and help me out.
Movie ##1
>beginning of movie guys crashes hemi charger while racing
>finds an old willys in a barn to put his hemi in
>proceeds to build gasser, and enjoy hemi powered willys gasser goodness
Movie ##2
>guy crashes 60s model corvette on some winding road, attempting a timed run with stopwatch
>end of movie guy crashes rebuilt ratty looking corvette again on same road and is ded
>final shot of movie was the stopwatch ticking, powerful scene
Anybody know?

>Christina Ricci

Eh, maybe.
Or you could just have shit taste, and you don't like me pointing it out.
Either way it's cool, whatever twirls your beanie.

Redline

Christina Ricci will murder your family and hide the body parts all around your house where you will eventually find them

>No Smokey and the Bandit
>No Duel

California Kid

Imcdb.org

>tfw your car has only been a background shitbox

How have I never heard of this before? Looks interesting.

Agreed

The documentary "building a faster horse" on Netflix is cool. About new mustang development and history.

Light on technical details though.

I always liked Grand Prix.

Transporter 1-3
Redline
Mad Max
Need for speed (i guess)
Smokey and the bandit
Maximum Overdrive
Death race
That escape scene in Ronin
Fast and furious 1-7

Days of Thunder - top gun era Tom Cruise in the glory days of NASCAR

also
Drive
Initial D legend 1-3
Death Proof
also the rest of the Mad Max series
Death race 2000
Hit and Run
Gone in sixty seconds

Le Mans

It was a beautifully shot movie. You could pause the movie at almost any moment and it would make a great wallpaper. Also very satisfying when Thor punches the dickhead reporter. Way better than I expected

why are you so proud of driving a boring econobox?

Probably one of the best films of the 2010s

I love the book, it's very homey feeling.

>The rest of the Mad Max series
Skip Beyond Thunderdome, it's shit.

Nobody?

thanks for that suggestion. gotta find out whos responsible for that brilliant picture.

I'm always sad no one ever brings up The Gumball Rally in these threads. It's one of the only non-shit movies base on the Cannonball Run, and the car action is great.

I'm not the guy shitposting inaccurate info, but from everything I've read about the movie he's right about the performance. The Charger driver had to go easy on the gas or else it'd walk away from the Mustang in the straights during the filming.

It's a documentary, but On Every Sunday was pretty good.

>no x
>x has already been mentioned
You dumb fucks need glasses.

SHOTZ