Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

community.playstarbound.com/resources/assorted-crafting-things.2389/
community.playstarbound.com/resources/super-sbg-race-mod.2858/
community.playstarbound.com/resources/frackinuniverse.2920/
community.playstarbound.com/resources/kawas-xbawks-mode-character-creator.81/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does Frakin universe have settlements on the new planets or does that not happen? Actually does it add any new types of settlement at all?

i don't know user,i know that frakin adds new biomes and planets,dunno about the rest

Xth for claiming this thread in the name of DUPE.

join 82.131.76.43
You'd need the following mods:
Assorted Crafting: community.playstarbound.com/resources/assorted-crafting-things.2389/
Race Mod: community.playstarbound.com/resources/super-sbg-race-mod.2858/
Frackin' Universe: community.playstarbound.com/resources/frackinuniverse.2920/
Xbawks's Character Creator: community.playstarbound.com/resources/kawas-xbawks-mode-character-creator.81/
and a new character.

can i install them using the workshop or do i need to use the forum ?

if i need to use the forum how do i put them in ?

I dunno. But all you need to do is dump them into the starbounds/mods folder.

Have you tried not falling in lava?

Is this game like Terraria in the sense that you need to build a house and all? Cause I found a campsite with an npc, and I could rest there

If invasion events get implemented would it be possible to make them work for any settlement, like NPC ones? I'd like to see village interactions get a bit more interesting.

You can rest anywhere, but you don't need to make a house. You can, and colonize settlements, or just upgrade your ship and build out a nice little cozy house there.

Anybody got any coords for a gateless lush planet? I want a nice little planet to start a farm.

I'm still alive.

You don't need to make a house, you can rest in existing settlements or just use your ship for it. If you want to use an existing settlement, I recommend buying a personal teleporter from the outpost and sticking one there so you can warp to it from your ship

You need somewhere to put the massive amounts of crafting stations and storage furniture and farmland you need. Either start developing on an early-game planet or make do with your cramped ship until you've upgraded it one or two levels.

>so you can warp to it from your ship
You don't even need to do that, you can just make a racial flag, plop it down, and press e to activate it, and it acts as a bookmarked teleport destination. While you wont be able to teleport to other bookmarked locations from it like a teleporter, you can still TP to it from your ship, and it's a lot cheaper/easier to make.

Can't you just craft a flag? Seems to work for me.

How do I upgrade my ship in 1.0? I heard something about recruiting people, but is there a method that doesn't involve filling my ship with nerds?

You can, but a personal teleporter lets you warp from the settlement to the outpost/ship/other bookmarked areas. I just prefer a teleporter so I don't have to use the ship as a second step

You can buy "fake" pilots liscenses that upgrade your ship without having to fill it.

What this guy said:
The guy selling fake licenses opened up after I completed the story mission where You do the Floran hunt and kill the giant bone spider thing
But I don't know if he consistently unlocks at that point in the game.

Is there a list anywhere of all that Frackin Universe adds?

Recruit people. Randoms I found at the planets asked if they could join after few quests. You can also hire(diamonds>dublons) penguin soldiers, not sure if those counts. And start a colony I guess.

Well, you gotta get lucky enough to find diamonds or a teleporter core.

That's true. I took that for granted because I still have four teleporter cores

So did they remove some recipies without removing the tooltips for them? I was told I learned how to make cheese and healing water bottles, but can't seem to find them in the kitchen crafting table.

So if you haven't found a ranged weapon on the first planet are you pretty much fucked?
Who was the moron who decided to place a mission filled with a hundred beefy ranged attackers between you and the entire fucking game?

Make a bow, or make a bunch of throwing spears.
Or do what I did the first time and make your way through with a 1h sword and a shield.

Either way, kit yourself out in iron armour at a bare minimum.

I know there's some recipes at campfires that aren't at kitchens, though cheese doesn't seem like it'd be one of them.

As for healing water, maybe check your apothecary?

you can make a wooden bow if you really need it form the foraging table. i did it with a 2H sword with spin attack though

Are boomerangs and whips craftable? Or loot only?

>Make a bow
Oh yeah, I can't wait to plink away at them for 10 damage a shot when there's a fucktillion of them and each shot takes a full second + recharge.
My main issue is that it's so fucking LONG.

Which is the best dash? I was thinking of getting Air Dash, but Sprint sounds good on paper. One of my friends told me that Air Dash prevents fall damage, and it would be nice to have more maneuverability. But on the other hand, running fast...

Try crafting the iron 2h sword with the basic anvil

It seems to do enough and I was lucky enough to get a gun halfway through the level

Sprint is, ironically, pretty damn slow.

You can also craft guns at the forge.

Throwing spears down them in practically one hit.

That depends on what your starting race is. I'm playing as a Human and I only get melee weapons on the Tier 2 anvil.

Get a spear, it's got long enough reach to hit the pink guys before they shoot and knock them back.

It does? That's pretty retarded.

Only Novakids get ranged weapons on the Anvil.
>they removed racial bonuses
>but left this in because ????

Combine it with the outpost buff, and you actually get some decent speed.

CHECK YOUR GUN PRIVILEGE

RACE WAR NOW

Ironically those crafted guns are much, much shittier than what you find in the chests by the time.

>Upgrade anvil to tier 2
>Can now build an axe or a hammer
I don't like either of those weapons, too fucking slow.

The races need stronger differentiation anyway. Different craftable weapons seems a fairly unobtrusive way of doing it.
Also,

I swear I only picked it because I played all the other races 3 years ago.

Do they have any racial foods? Are there even Amy other novakids in the game? I didn't notice any at the outpost.

I have never seen a Novakid that wasn't a player.
That would require them to design villages for them and put them in the plot :^)

have anyone tried fiddling with Tech code yet?

I want a replica of the Ball tech that Human boss used.

Also maybe combine Walljump with Multijump and make it reset on wall clinging as well, not just on landing.

Or maybe make Airdash directional thing, so you could dash in the air or dash multiple times for extra energy.

The Aegisalt Pistol isn't too bad, at least, for how easy it is to get

Where? I was pretty thorough going through that opening and examining everything and I didn't see a cape

>we will never have space western towns on desert planets
Stretch goal fulfilled :^)

Does this game autosave?

What should I do with the other part of my ship?

I wanted the top part to feel like a castle but I really don't know what I should do with the bottom part.

Get the game hunter mod, hunt some horse-riding glitches and make a stables and/or jousting arena. Perhaps something peasant-y, like a farm

Made it with the 2h.
I think with future characters I'm just gonna turn on invulnerability and cheat it. I'd like to get on with playing the actual game.

REMINDER TO KILL OFF EVERY GNOME VILLAGE YOU COME ACROSS. WITH THE HELP OF PROTECTORATES LIKE YOU, WE CAN END THIS MINI-MENACE.

I had high hopes for the avian temple quest after going through the hylotl one, but that shit managed to be worse in almost every way, especially with this giant faggot as a guide.

They get better again, right?

>There is someone ITT getting buttblasted by enemies on the first fucking mission

I personally enjoyed the Apex one, though the Glitch one got a bit too clusterfucky.

What race are you, /sbg/?

is this game worth playing now or should i wait for more updates?

Do fluffalo just grow and produce stuff on their own or do you need to feed them or something?

Human.

As nice as all the other races are, I will always have the most faith in my own kind, no matter the game.

so i made a huge hylotl hotel to grind quests in the hope of getting hylotl crew members.... i have done probably 12 quests and none have joined yet... wtf?

spess cowboy

shame the tier 6 guns are hot garbage, I just want a pocket artillery revolver

It's not the difficulty, it's the tedium. Tedium enforced by the number and tactics of the monsters.
The mission takes the better part of an hour and you are forced to do it before you can use the main feature of the game: your ship.

>An hour

Pro-tip: You don't actually have to fight anything.

Novakid, living on my train with my crew, with more mechanics than any other role

is it okay to skip the intro or do you get stuff from doing it? i haven't played this since the first month of the first beta release or whatever

Not that user, but it wouldn't be an issue if you weren't limited to ONE planet until you've done that mission. You can't even travel in-system, the captain's chair can't be interacted with.

It's especially weird given they gave the option to get core fragments by mining or by combat (the poptart dungeon on the starter world). But you can only repair the ship by doing Erchius Facility. Why isn't there an option to mine enough crystal to repair the ship from a moon instead or something?

Apex

da best one

you get a little set of cosmetics, nothing to special but a yellow cape

the avian temple was awesome.. wtf are you talking about...
all the traps and puzzles and mazes?
are you dumb?>

I think I like florans the best. Apex has the best architecture though.

Too bad race specific food never became a thing.

Floran

How do I fuck a fart?

Vigorously

Bird!

Glitch a best.

Alright I give up.

Where do I find cryonic extract?

i went to an asteroid field, and some of the faggy ghosts there dropped it

you gotta kill those ghost shits

The floaty dudes in Asteroid biomes can drop em.

So I'm too lazy to make a thing that lets you breathe in space, so I just run to random moons and harvest as much Erchius crystal as I can before beaming back up. I feel that this is appropriate considering I am a Floran.

>find an Apex settlement
>hit one of their phonographs, it starts making money sounds
>hitting it again does not shut it off, but instead adds another layer of monkey madness

You could just buy lesser fuel at the outpost and not go to a moon at all

Human.

So I can become Kirk 2.0 and fuck as many green space women as humanly possible

But that is not TRUE FLORAN WAY

REAL WARRIORS GATHER FUEL ON MOON WITHOUT OXYGEN TANKS

Oh, asteroid biomes? Silly me, I thought that stuff would drop from the blue ghosts in freezing biomes. Thanks.

And goddamn I love magic and all the new staves they added.

This is the most fun I've had in Starbound in probably years.

Why the fuck did they remove the protection tech suits?
The backpack bullshit is just unsightly and a massive waste of an inventory slot.

>unsightly
Just use a cosmetic piece over it

I want to use the Xenon pack on moons, though

avians are cute

I found some from crystal biome monsters aswell

birb
have a glitch and floran as well though

I guess im just unlucky since none of the ghosts in an asteroid biome are dropping it.

Do I need to kill them with arrows?