Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RmMbXC-NJEA?t=36007
youtu.be/N9l-aNz8eiA?list=PL7RtZMiaOk8gqctsEgBQ9IhQAnm_P5ILT&t=310
youtu.be/bnxddR2UKI4?list=PL4vbGURud_Hr6-YmgnD7Np-TadORtAqk0&t=99
youtu.be/r68vJZOHdDI?t=801
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is she so perfect?

second for fight club boyfriend kissu

Is save swapping fine, it will not get me penalized right?
Does it still work the same as in DS2? Just go to the character screen, alt+tab and replace file right?

This 10 character limit is killing me

i can only beat people missing a chromosome

Sounds like you'd beat about 80% of dsg

do yall stop leveling around 100 even in ng+3 and above? the mobs are pushing my shit in

Disgusting

What is the best game outside of the Soulborne series?

Should I level vit? 2 weapons and a shield and I'm mid-rolling, even with light armor.

DS3 consensus:
>PvP is shit
>PvE is shit
>[Irrelevant youtube ""celebrity""] doesn't make video anymore, so game is shit
>Artificial difficulty (i.e., I got wrecked which got me angry), so game is shit
>game is shit because this and that is different from this previous game

So just like every souls game released after DeS, until the next one comes out and you praise the previous one. Is this community retarded?

c-chuuuu~~~~

What's the best boss to coop around SL50 in DaS3? I need Sunbro coins.
I know I can just invade for them but I'm in the mood to help shitters kill bosses, been invading a lot for dregs and tongues and shackles already.

So according to some guy I watched on Youtube DS2's PvE is perfect as long as you always play unlocked and weave into the packs of enemies, doing single attacks before rolling away.

PRITHEE BE CARE, MWEHEHEH

No, there's no point in levelling vit. Mid roll is stupid good in 3.

How to get the most of this beauty?

I'm between
1. 40 str, 16 dex, 30 faith with lightning weapon
2. 40 str, 40 dex refined with gold pine resin
3. 40 str, 40 dex, 10 faith(+5 priest ring) with blessed weapon

>tfw longsword doesn't have 2h thrust attacks

sad

chuu chuu chuu

>PvP is shit
This is objectively true when looking at random invasions, the primary form of PvP. Duels are mostly fine.
>Artificial difficulty
Literally all of Lothric Castle is artificial difficulty in the form of "same old enemies but with 5x the stats", the same lazy form of difficulty used for NG+.
You don't have to get rekt by something to consider it artificial difficulty, it just has to be obviously creatively bankrupt and non-engaging in how it challenges you.

Refined is the correct answer for every single weapon in the game that can be infused.

pcfcbf kissu!!!

No, I'd rather kill myself than getting a pcfcbf kissu

Kissu!!!!! (*^3^)

So I imagine Refined 35 str, 35 dex, 25 faith with Knight, Hunter and Priest Ring, Lightning Clutch then buffing with Lightning Blade would be the best choice?

Blue knights are more aggressive, and greatsword knights deal far more damage.

Post builds

Looks like Keanu Reeves

puhleeaseeee

I've only done it with concords butI was fine. Stay offline though.

Russian Orthodox as fuck

why don't you want to be happy with your pcfcbfs?

hehe

this is wat i picture every aldrich faithful to look like

>more aggressive
Literally the same AI except they can cast buffs for more damage.
>deal far more damage
The definition of artificial difficulty. Real difficulty forces the player to change their approach, artificial difficulty doesn't change the encounter in any way beyond the player dying faster if they fuck up the usual approach.

I hate happiness and I don't want any pcfcbfs.
I'm a lone wolf

You guys could at least use dark souls pics.

you faggots make me sick

most souls fanart is shit and not cute

no fuck you

I would if I had some more for this kind of discussion

huh? greatsword knights are an entirely new species that you fight against and are exclusive to upper lothric

a buff itsn't artifical difficulty. it's an obvious telltale sign that says, "Hey, I'm going to deal more damage this time using this buff of mine."

Cautious players would know to lob a duel charm, thus removing some degree of danger from the foe.

In addition, those areas are intended for higher soul levels. It isn't "artifical difficulty", it's appropriate difficulty adjusted to the average level of a player, which tends to be somewheres around 80 or so. 90 if they've killed meme king.

>which tends to be somewheres around 80 or so. 90
Not the other guy but I've got to step in and say you're out of your fucking mind.

Most people finish the game around SL 60.

Then make it.

What boots are those?

>implying i can into art at all

PCFCBF killu

>making excuses

[Citation Needed]

Would there be a PC user kind enough to help me get some items to my new character?
I need to transfer a staff, firekeeper set, a hat, and 4 rings.

If you're willing to help drop a red sign at the highwall bonfire
Pass: dsgtrade
the characters involved are Sigyn and Flame Witch.

~80 is more common from my experience, unless you rush like a madman or play a caster and spend a fortune on spells

>implying it was an excuse

You know what area was intended for higher soul levels in DaS1? Anor Londo. You didn't fight Hollow Soldiers and Balder Knights with inflated stats, you fought Silver Knights.

>B-but Lothric Knights make sense in Lothric Castle
Sure, but then why do gimped versions exist in High Wall? Did they run out of budget to design both Tough Endgame Knight enemy and Tough Earlygame Knight enemy? It's just lazy. Even the greatsword knights are at least a slightly different variation, but you also have regular spear knights with inflated stats that don't even have red eyes or different tabard colors.

Having literally the same enemy with wildly different stats is artificial difficulty, even MMORPGs put in the bare minimum effort of giving them a pallette swap and different name. The player should be able to expect a certain level of enemy strength by having fought them before, why does climbing a ladder make knights stronger?

Drang Shoes

It has a good moveset, looks good and is buffable.
I didn't use it in DaS2 much because it lacks the poke.

don't hurt my pcfcbf!!!

It had a 2H poke though

Your new is showing.

First week after the game launch everyone was posting their characters and almost everyone was around 60. That's the SL people on a blind run finish the game, usually missing either Demon Ruins, Dragon Peak or both.

If you buy all armors to see what they look like, try at least 3 different weapons and die a few times, you'll finish the game at 60. Of course today we finish at 80~100. We already know how to maximize everything, where to get souls, how to farm effeciently and almost never die.

Random side question, which boss(es) are most people around ~SL50 for?

I would say Pontiff

Aldrich/Yhorm i think

youtu.be/RmMbXC-NJEA?t=36007

youtu.be/N9l-aNz8eiA?list=PL7RtZMiaOk8gqctsEgBQ9IhQAnm_P5ILT&t=310

youtu.be/bnxddR2UKI4?list=PL4vbGURud_Hr6-YmgnD7Np-TadORtAqk0&t=99

>firelink greatsword gets buffed with fire damage when it uses its weapon art line-knockdown
>tailbone shortsword gets nothing even though they put in a wind-weapon buff animation for the storm ruler

Aldritch and Yhorm.

Not him but I bought every single armor and upgraded like 3 weapons on my 1st run and still finished the game at sl 80-85

I dont think the Storm Ruler earrape stance gives extra AR

It arguably had its strongest moveset in the series in 2. The poke and slash R2s swapped hands though, poke is 2h and slash is 1h.

bring back DS2 online activity indicator to the travel menu!

Most people reach Irythil at 35~40.
After you defeat Sully/reach Profaned, you're at max, 55.

How the fuck the short area that is Lothric Castle put you at 80, it's almost 30 levels.

sleep tight cute cat

yeah i thought as much
would be okay with just the weapon getting a buff animation; in general i'd just like more flashy shit in das3

Pls help, i need that witch gear

What are the current best non-curved swords in DaS3?
Are all Greatswords still shit?
Are any UGS actually good besides AGS rolling attack spam?
Are any Straight Swords good besides Gotthards?

looks like an Orthodox, why not Rasputin?

I want to be this cat right now.

sure bud
location and pass

>What are the current best non-curved swords in DaS3?
Lothric SS and Estoc
>Are all Greatswords still shit?
Yes
>Are any UGS actually good besides AGS rolling attack spam?
Same as always
>Are any Straight Swords good besides Gotthards?
All of them are good

woops sorry im blind

>Sure, but then why do gimped versions exist in High Wall?
To give you familiarity in terms of how to fight them.

> The player should be able to expect a certain level of enemy strength by having fought them before
Also, the point that you're missing is that Dark Souls is an RPG, which means that the player scales in strength and while the enemies don't scale to your level, the enemies are kept to your overall level in strength. Considering how linear Dark Souls 3 is, the player can be considered to be at "X strength" when they arrive to Lothric Castle, ergo they can make them roughly the same "tier" enemies they were on the High Wall relative to the player's power.

I think it would've been nice if they had communicated the shift better with visual differences, but what are you gonna do? Imo they made enough Red Eyes and Blue Tabard Knights for there to be a difference and it's not like Demon's Souls didn't use the Blue Eyed Knights in the tutorial and in Worlds 1 through 4.

>You didn't fight Hollow Soldiers and Balder Knights with inflated stats, you fought Silver Knights.
Yes, but Lothric High Wall and Lothric Castle are thematically the same area.

It might be a little lazy game design, but it's not "artificial difficulty" imo.

>Get summoned at pontiffs
>Decide to use the storm ruler weapon art on him
>Didn't even make a mark on the health bar
>Applause

LVL 90
youtu.be/r68vJZOHdDI?t=801
I have never once made it through a playthrough without being, at the absolute least, SL80 after killing SoC.

If you run through every single area, only collect the souls that are not out of your way and refusing to kill any non-boss enemies, you might beat the game at SL60.

SL60 is literally 430k souls dude.

How the fuck can you play through DaSIII and not earn more than 430k souls unless you deliberately try or are speedrunning.

>Lothric SS
Please explain. I love the beam attack but I always heard it does abysmal damage compared to others.

why isn't the best armour set in dark souls 1 and 2 in dark souls 3

I don't know. I'm just saying what I saw and what I experienced. Look the archive if you doubt me. Everyone was finishing the game at 60~70, some people were even saying that 80 was the meta.

I was talking about this one.

It's amazing for turtling, as cheap as the estoc, but even better if you're good at anything else besides spamming R1.

Storm Ruler has zero ability outside of Yhorm's fight. You can't even use it on other giants.

It's as much artificial difficulty as NG+ differences in stats. You could do early Dancer and it would feel like suddenly going from NG+0 to NG+1.

There's also absolutely zero lore reasons why some Lothric Knights are randomly stronger than others without having glowy eyes or some kind of "elite" (blue) outfit denoting their status. It genuinely feels like a shitty MMO or jRPG where the enemies are stronger "just because", despite not being an actual higher tier of creature.
Would it have killed them to at least make ALL of the knights in the castle have blue tabards and/or red eyes? That would be a bare minimum level of consistent visual cue that these guys are different. But no, past the Dancer bonfire you have one red eye knight with a red tabard, and two regular-ass vanilla knights who are still somehow stronger than the ones a 30 second jog away.
I'm never going to stop complaining about this because it's just a crystallization of the lack of real passion that went into the development of DaS3. If they weren't just going for a quick cash grab of a game, they would've at least made the knights in the castle tie into the pilgrim butterfly/pus of man type enemies somehow, giving them black sludge effects and weird new moves.

>what are you gonna do?
Bitch on a tibetian throat singing forum, apparently. I don't even know why, probably just letting off steam because I wanted this game to be a better sendoff for the series.

At least the moveset is kinda decent

Thanks Gattsu, good fistfight.
Those reverse backsteps tho

sorry lad i dont think str downscales, u werent doing any damage

when is the dlc coming out? and when is dark souls 4 coming out with good character customization?

Np, i had fun

I'm reading this discussion and I just want to say I agree with you and I've always felt exactly the same.

It's the exact same enemie.
With the exact same speed.
Same moveset.
Same everything.

But is just does more damage, higher numbers. This is beyond lazy, like you said, they could've at least put red eyes or blue tabbards on them, hell, the mobs with different tabbards are already in game, the ones before the Princes are different, why they didn't use those in upper Lothric Castle?

Someone really ought to make a version of this for DaS3 (and DaS1 maybe), but I doubt 3 has enough of a PvP community that takes the game seriously enough.

But someone did.

expect an announcement later in august

couple years

>couple years
NOOOOOOOOO I DONT WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG I JUST WANT A DARK SOULS GAME WITH BREAST AND ASS SLIDERS!!!!!!

I doubt it's up to date.

>tfw DS1 has more top tier weapon weapon variety than DS2

DS3's top tiers are estoc, crystal sage rapier, carthus curved, gotthards, gargoyle spear, washing pole and fire surge.