I will be coming across a large sum of money within the next week (30k)

I will be coming across a large sum of money within the next week (30k).

What in the mother fucking titty balls should I do with this cash?

I am not materilistic although I will need to buy a car, so something cheap with good gas mileage (Honda Civic). I have no debt, but I don't go to school either. I also have no job.

I've tried freelancing and it's so fucking hard to get consistent work, or even work that I am qualified for. I DO NOT want to work a 9-5 and I'm not going back to school.

So the question is, in your shoes, what would you do if you recieved a fat wad of cash, had no debt, and wanted to end up financially secure eventually? What businesses would you start, what would you invest in?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.darkforum.biz/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4
youtube.com/watch?v=sOrta1cSd1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Index funds then

Trumpcoin, all of it.

30k is not that much money. Assuming your salary is 70k, you could save that in a year.

Get a job. You're not an investor.

Invest in hemp, medical/recreational cannabis aka marijuana, weed, pot reefer :)
Hemp is where it's at.

I hear alot about index funds, what are they?

Throw it in a portfolio and set some aside for living expenses (if needed).

Figure out the allocation of bonds & stocks that fits you and stick to it. Never sell basically.

work a 9-5

bumpity

I'm in the exact same situation.
Help guys I'm down to 28,924 USD wtf do I do???

Im getting a 33k bonus soon im looking into index funds. My question is should i wait for the economy collapse before i get into the s&p 500? And with that being said where should i hold it until that happens? Thanks for any answers anons

Bet 10k on red, if you lose bet 20k. Odds are you won't lose twice in a row.

Also worried about this.

Can I ask how you got it OP?

Thanks user

Martingale that shit hard nigga

Settlement from a car accident. You?

I got mine from changing my jobs from infantryman (USMC) to network engineer/cyber security (also USMC)

Bermp

Settled a worker's comp lawsuit.

$30K isn't enough to stress about. It seems like a lot to someone who has never had money, yes, but it's about a year's expenses if you stretch it out (I'm assuming you're both in the USA).

So the answer to the question "what should I do with it" is pretty much whatever you want. You could invest it in something, but you're looking at about $100 per month in returns, if you're lucky.

Honestly, I'd use it to start a small business.

government bonds

Thanks bro, that's kind of what I wanted to do.
What kind of business would you start, do you have any experience, can I pitch you a few ideas???

Pitch me some man
>been running my own biz for 4 years, almost doubles every year
>just starting a second biz with my best friend
I'm no master on business, but I do have some good experience. Pitch me something

invest it here i think you can make a gold mine off it
forum.darkforum.biz/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4

invest your cash here you can make a goldmine off it if you got away with it :P
youtube.com/watch?v=sOrta1cSd1g

Gaming Company, like youtube twitch and local esports tournaments.

Chinese Food place that delivers, there are none in my area.

Mexican property,

Private Security company.

MMJ dispensary and delivery.

Ice cream trucks and carts.

how'd I do?

>I also have no job.
>Index funds
>Throw it in a portfolio
>invest it
A question to those suggesting OP invest in things like stocks/bonds. I tried opening a account at a few major reputable brokers like Interactive Brokers and TDAmeritrade after I lost my job but brokers denied me an account because I was unemployed at the time and I dint want to go with a small unheard of broker with no reputation. How do you guys think OP will be able to open a account with a reputable broker while unemployed? Lie and say you have a job, wont a reputable broker verify that?

??????????
No broker will deny you for being unemployed as long as you can make min deposit.

I'd recommend just saving the money, in a savings account or something equally liquid, in case you need it.
You could buy yourself what you need immediately, and save the rest.
I would probably go and get a job or two to obtain more money, and use the savings as a cushion until employed or to pay for additional training/certs.

Put it in bonds for a nice return

Stocks are ass right now

Wow. try a business bro.
Shit, give me that kind of money I'll open a mouth fedora shop
basically start a business that involves something you really like doing