Are Scion xB's good daily drivers? I'm highly considering buying one, either a 2011 or 2012 model

Are Scion xB's good daily drivers? I'm highly considering buying one, either a 2011 or 2012 model.

They're depreciated as fuck, which is great for me since I want a car that will last 10+ years with relatively little maintenance issues, great reliability, and practicality.

The only concern I have is that it uses a previous generation Camry 2.4L, which I heard had issues in the 1st gen Scion tC if I'm not mistaken.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=2az piston ring failure
google.com/search?q=1st gen vs second gen xb gas milage
google.com/search?q=1st gen vs second gen xb reliability
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

avoid. 2008+ xB's are trash. The 2.4L engine is known for oil consumption among other problems. If you must have an xB, go for a 2004-2006 model. The 2008+ cB was repeatedly Scion's least reliable model.

As for the tC. Same problems. The only good tC's are the 2011+ 2.5L models.

Consumer Reports rated the 2013 xB as the most reliable car in America that year. You don't get that title with problems like that.

Second gens have a lot of issues
First gens are pretty basic but they really only need an alternator every three timing belts/90k.

Seats are comfy as fuck
Stock stereo system is fucking nice
Amazing mpg on city driving, not so much on highway because aerodynamics and its 2500-3000rpm at hwy speeds.
Has a 1.5 which is basicly a bigger prius motor, so it's not exactly the fastest
For being a tall car, it handles pretty damn good

I've had an 05 since 113k miles and its now got 193.
On it's 3rd belt since ownership, 2nd alternator.

Sounds a bit like a blender grinding coffee beans.

Overall 9/10 car, spacious as fuck i mean the inside is as big as a damn shed. If you can get one under 120-150k miles for under 4k, you won't regret it.

You know, in the OP I asked about the 2nd gen, not for a fucking paragraph about your 1st gen toaster. I didn't read any of that shit.

get the first gen toaster. second gen a shit.

Well, you didn't need to read past the first line.

The second gens have issues, he then helpfully opined that the first gens are the ones to have.

No need to get your panties in a twist unless you already shelled out for that piece of shit in your picture.

I use to work for 1800RADIATOR. We had the earlier 1.5l xb's. Great on gas, can fit lots of shit in them, each of them had close to 300k and we treated them like shit.

I offered the owner $1500 for one, but he said no because every other auto parts store offered him double. Apparently delivery stores lover these things.

>Second gens have a lot of issues
>The second gens have issues

[citation needed]

google is free now, do your own research.

Read up on the widely known issue with its water pumps failing, air conditioners failing (and were weak even when new), considerably shittier mileage than the first gens, for starters.

>google is free now, do your own research.

I'm not the one alleging an opinion as a fact. So how about you google that shit you allege, then link it as proof before you spew bullshit out of your ass, retard.

>google is free now, do your own research.
I can Google just as many sources supporting the opposite of your claim. Wheoever uses the "google is free" argument is so fucking dense.

Piston rings a shit
Its the qr25 all over again
Also in general a more complex design much more room for shit to go wrong versus the first gen.
All in all, the motor is ass, subjectively much less comfy, blind spots are pretty bad, worse gas mileage, and a lot less reliable.

Should I consider a Kia Soul instead? I'm not buying a 10 year old car just because Veeky Forums is full of poorfags and tells me to.

Prove any of this.

this

Veeky Forums is literally the only place that spews this bullshit. Not even on xb forums do I see these claims.

The newer (2014+) souls are fantastic. Good mileage, fun to drive for a CUV, well equipped for cheap, and massive interior room. Only problem I have with mine is a small gas tank, but that's not so bad if you live in a semi urban area.

>Kia
>fantastic

pick one

Newer Kia's are very good for the cost, go test drive one.

Kia's are absolute garbage past 100k miles

google.com/search?q=2az piston ring failure

google.com/search?q=1st gen vs second gen xb gas milage

google.com/search?q=1st gen vs second gen xb reliability

Put your big boy pants on and use your resources.
Or keep whining like a 5 year old whose mother won't get him a chocolate bar at the grocery store.
2g xb's are shit.
Take it from someone who has had experience with both cars. But go ahead and be my guest to get a dollar burning pos versus an extremely reliable, cheap, and efficient car.

First gen is good and cool. It's based on a kei car. The second gen is pigfat and has shitty interior quality and will make you want to kill yourself.

Question OP. Why does your pic have poorly photoshopped wheels on it.

Or just buy a 2011-2013 Toyota Matrix instead of an unreliable Gook piece of trash.

Not all xBs will suffer the piston ring/oil burn problem. Make sure to get one inspected before you buy.

jeep wheels at that

The converter/exhaust manifold disintegrates at around 100k and back pressure pull shit into cylinder causing oil consumption. Just replace this at around or before 100k and you should be ok.

>tfw want to get an xb
>tfw cant get over the center gauge cluster
Can it be fixed?