Which Car?

Let's have a thread for people who are deciding between two or more vehicles. Post what you are looking at, what your needs are, or just help others decide.

Pic related is what I narrowed it down to, at the moment.

>26
>don't have to drive very far to work, about 5 minutes
>don't drive too much, in general, but want something reliable and able to handle a trip if the time comes
>I only make about $11 an hour, and I had to save up a while to even buy something like this (have about $26k in the bank), so I don't want something I'll have to be fixing and taking to the shop a bunch
>single, no kids
>being 'fun' to drive isn't a necessity, but it would be a plus
>needs to be practical for a hatchback, enough room to actually store things in

These four generally fit the needs that I stated, as far as I know. There was also a 2012 or so VW Golf that looked nice, but again, I can't spend too much money on repairs. These are all generally rated well. Anyone familiar with them and want to point me in some kind of direction?

VW is shit. Only a retard pays 10-13k on a kia/hyundai. That chevy is going to depreciate fast and hard. If you must buy one of those boring ass women cars the Mazda is the clear choice.

None. Shut up and buy a civic for

these are all shit but I'd get the mazda

jesus what a miserable life dude

where is the ''''''''''''passion''''''''''''''

at $11 bucks an hour you should probably look at something cheaper.

any Mazda 2s in your area?

Mazda. All day every day.

He's got enough in the bank to pretty much by any of the cars outright twice over. Assuming he's also be diligently contributing to a retirement account, he seems to be doing fine financially.

desu pham you can find a gen1 mazda3 for like $k and it'll be just as good as the gen2 you have there.

I've had pretty bad depression for a long time, to be honest. But as far as the car situation goes, I'm just looking for a practical hatchback because I don't need many frills, I just need something basic to go along with my basic life.

well in that case you got your answer. not a single person here would choose anything but the mazda.

Me next!

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.3T (if it comes out this year)
Nissan 370z
Toyota 86

None. Something less boyracery

Nissan, maybe

>he didn't go for too speed runs on the highway
Do you even Mid Night?

Honestly Nissan is an after thought for me. I don't like the looks of it.

Genesis Coupe is shit. Get the Nissan if you want more straightline speed, 86 if you want better handling and reliability

I can't think there's such a big disparity in straight-line speed. Everything I've read said there basically neck and neck

MR2 assumes i can even find one (which i cantr right now)

The Nissan was simply the only thing left after I ruled out the Hyundai for being mediocre and the Toyota for being underwhelming.

I think the thing for me is the Hyundai, to me, is everything the 370z is, but sexier. Big V6, straight-line built, gt-esque, etc. But it's better looking while doing it.

The test for me is, do I want straight-line speed or maneuverability, and since there's not many fun mountainy or twisty roads around me I'm leaving towards the Hyundai

Something with a v8.

Sounds gross

Cuck

Your answer is, 2004 Gran Marquis.
Extremely Reliable
Handles Long Trips
Half of the car is all trunk

and Ride like a gentle sir

>which car
The only one there that isn't Korean, and that's the Mazda.

>Those Whitewalls

I want this on my Marauder.

>living in milford
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK. BUILD WALL. TRUMP 2016

>at $11 bucks an hour you should probably look at something cheaper.
This 100%.

>Assuming he's also be diligently contributing to a retirement account, he seems to be doing fine financially.
>$11/hr
You're making a lot of assumptions. That income is not much to be contributing much to a retirement account.

Seriously nigga? At $11 an hour and 26 years old, you want to make what is literally one of the worst investments available in life to drive 5 (five!) minutes to work and for the occasional "emergency trip"?

Don't buy a car. With the money you would've wasted on a few months insurance alone, you can buy a bike, rent a car for those trips, and re-evaluate your life decisions over a beer.

And shit, if you really need a car, just get a fucking POS Civic and pay a mechanic a few grand to overhaul everything. You still saved several grand and got a massive improvement over those shitboxes.

Do you want a reliable daily driver with really cheap repairs kia. But they are not pretty. But reliability vs looks.

The only one of those that isn't completely fucking terrible is the Mazda 3

It's still a Hyundai, and they don't really have a lot of experience building sporty cars. Shifter is allegedly pretty bad and steering feel is lacking, as is general driver feedback.
The V6 does sound good though, and it'll go sideways real easy.

lol the 86 is slow as fuck you have to be trolling

V6 accord

Mazda 3s are awesome cars, repairs may not be as cheap as the kia but it just has that sporty feel, especially the I touring. Aftermarket is decent as well.

this confirmed

OP, obviously you know the only choice is the Mazda. Your resale will thank you.

>murrica doesn't get MiTos or Puntos
Truly a miserable life.

I bought a mazda3 as my commuter and holy fuck I am so happy with it. Not sure bout the newer ones but as an added bonus mine is chain driven non interface so reliable as fuck.

370 0-60: 5.1 sec
GT86 0-60: 6.4 seconds

You should get a Miata BTW, for the best of both worlds. Faster than the 86, with the same reliability and even better handling

mk3 supra or 180sx (240sx in merica)

Dont get the Rio, my sister has one and its fucking terrible

I've heard about the shifter issues and I think that's my biggest worry. I'm not concerned about the quality though. It's just memes at this point.

We were talking about the disparity between the GenCoupe and the 370Z

>11$

After you get the mazda you should search for a new job that isnt literal slavery.
When I was jobless I didnt even register for unemployment benefits because the amount of money I would get was so small that I wouldnt want to get up in the morning for whatever useless meetings I would have. Even rejected jobs that wanted to pay me average loan. Spent almost a beautiful year doing nothing and I miss it already.
The fact that youre getting up in the morning for that slavery loan is quite an achievement honestly.