Rimworld General

We don't have an OP pastebin yet so here's some shit

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730854291&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726641991
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this game worth the 30 bucks? I don't mind supporting early access games if they are good. I supported darkest dungeon and that game came out great.

>10 chicken join
>3 alpaca join
What do lads?

Keep the chickens, kill alpacas.

Make sure to make a non roofed room for chickens that's safe from predators and sow the area with grass.

Enjoy your free eggs

Pirate it first and check, that's what i did.

get a couple animal handlers, train up your chickens, let their eggs hatch, have an army of chickens to throw at any one who dares assault your fortress of chikun

I just bought it last thursday and already have 40 hours played. It's really good, easily worth the price as it is right now and since the developer seems to be making good steady progress it can only get better from now on. It has most of the fun parts of Dwarf fortress, except with a great intuitive interface.

It strikes a great balance between automation and tedium in terms of controlling your settlers, has fun engineering mechanics like managing power and temperature (i.e. instead of building a refrigerator item that stores food, you build a walk-in freezer using a room with an air conditioner pointed inside).

Really, if you ever played much Dwarf Fortress, or think you'd like Dwarf Fortress but just can't get past its interface, I highly recommend this game.

You need to make a warm spot for them too.

They easily die of frostbite in the winter.

Nice

Fuck, I have to try building a swamp fortress like this one next time.

When CR gets updated to A14, a fortress with manned heavy guns and skully's shield generators, yes!

5 names my colony.

Harambe

forgot pic

Cabin in the Woods

Detroit

GG

Now build successful colony, then fill it with abrasive nogs. Whites fly off to space later

Will report back when it happens.

Just got a nuclear fallout. I fucking hate this game, will probably have to make a self-sustaining, isolated colony before prioritizing useless shit. Oh well, losing is fun.

Why does that disable firefighting?

The fuck do i know, none of the disability-traits make sense. But it's obviously a tumblrtranny's backer-character, considering the marysue story, so any form of sense is out the window.

I would euthanise him as fast as I could, that faggot is already mentally ill, on top of that it seems like he knew his life was a mistake so he's a depressive faggot.

Am I anyone in here that loves creating heatstroke chambers for profligates and degenerates?

Eh, good enough for working the sweatshop, making pants and marble statues to sell.
Also seems to have fallen in love with the other sweatshop worker who's an "artist" and "preacher".

Rough Randy:
Everything was going (relatively) smoothly after a particularly bad winter where the colonists may or may not have had to resort to cannabalism. Now, after a rescue raid against one of the opposing colonies, a bunch of my units fall ill to the flu, and I'm raided by some tribals.
I scroll over to check, and it looks like there's about 8 total. I send out a small force to quell what should be an easy defense.
They fucking stacked to conceal their numbers

kek, it'll be interesting when he founds out he fucked a tranny

So what do I do?
I quickly swap over to my other defensive point, shut a bunch of doors so the AI couldn't get through, and now, the fun begins

FUCK
Turns out, autodoors don't autoclose when enemies walk through it. Howto holocaust chamber with autodoors?
Either way, 1 casualty and plenty of captures

The dev is fucking retarded. Beer should be a massive motivation boost like in DF but here it's more like a self destruct mechanism.

>"Waaah dev doesn't make the game easy mode what a retard waaaaah!!!!"

Literally you

I tought that's obvious.

>dev needs to make challenge trough being retarded instead of clever game design
Literally you.

>Psychopath
>like animals

Something doesn't sound right.

Also, apparently maps have animal limit.

When my iguana and cobras farm had alot of them they simply stopped spawning or spawned in really small ammounts across the map.

Like 1-3 animals per season, is this normall? Running no mods.

Alcoholism destroys families, user. Think of the children.

>mfw I never get more than casual drinkers or chem addicted lolies in my short lived coloneis

Anyone try /rwg/ as a scenario seed yet? I'd post a picture but I'm not on my laptop right now.

Veeky Forums also has a good result.

>sleeping sickness literally lasts forever
>colony grinds to a halt as 2/5s of population are rendered useless for like 20 days
>one of them snaps in the hospital and just happens to be a melee warrior with a shiv
>everyone gets fucked up, multiple severed limbs, everyone still sick

rip Pine View

So i got the Extended Storage mod, but the fucking freezer chest only holds raw food. The only reason i would build one is for it to store beer, what do i need to add into the xml to enable it to hold beer and prepared food?

>two scythe blades
>mental breakdown berserk
This was the end of my last colony.

This is why you invest into Joywires famalam

I found a real hidden valley, what should I put in it?

Nevermind, i managed to do it by referencing another storage furniture that had the ability to store it. Now i just need to add the ability build the Skip out of wood to store all my hops in and most of my problems are solved.

I kinda wish this game had more materials to make furniture with. Marble tables would be cool.

Treasure. And a dragon or something to protect it.

Beer is awesome XD

Kill yourself

Mortars, solar panels and ventilation tunnels.

Spoken like a true /r9k/ meme man.

All females from your settlement.

make sex dungeon.

Fuck you, fuck you all you canibalistic cunts.

Anyone got a torrent for 14d on Linux?

What traits am I looking for if I want them to get morale boosts from death, torture and killing in general?

Psychopath, bloodlust. cannibal

Your creatures are human, not dwarfs, think it through next time

Looks like we got a visitor.

whats the mod that makes your starting colonists customizable?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730854291&searchtext=

is this from that user last thread?

>manhunting squirrel
greenhillzone.ogg

The funny thing is that they only kill, they don't even eat the corpses.

Prepare Carefully.

I present to you, Jungle Village! Jungle biome with mountains. Built my colony in a valley between two small mountains, so there's a north entrance and a west entrance. Tried walling off the west and heavily fortified the north.

Current expansion is into the southern mountain - Next room to be built is a proper prison area. Only one dead colonist so far, as you can see from the one filled sarcophagus in the bottom right. She perished in a mad wild boar attack. My only shortage right now is steel, I need tons more to keep building stuff I want.

Start was the standard 3 colonist start, on Cassandra Rough.

what is that crafting table above the stove?

Anyone has an idea for a new AI? Obviously anything dealing with challenge is already covered.

looks like the manager table from the mod

rough randy or challenge randy?

i want someone to make an event where a tribal raid can get counter raided by your friends or their enemy, I want to see fuck huge battles and BLOOD

>Out of food, 10 days until corn harvest
>Seiged, 20 enemy corpses
>Well... I mean I guess we could try cannibalism
>How bad could it be?
>TERRIBLE MOOD x 19
>DAZE
>BERSERK

been trying to get a pyschopath so he can haul/bury all these dead fuckin tribals cuz they keep freakin out my normies

what's the best way to arrange batteries?

kek, never should've separated yourself from the food

ty

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726641991

Have you tried it yet user?
Battle Royale style collars attaches to every escapee on the planet.
Environment that seeks to kill you.
Manhunter packs of Wargs, artic wolves and trumbos.
Little room for error.

8 ubermen and 2 huskies. Do you have what it takes to survive this shit?

Pic related, it's your dudes of you manage to gtfo..

You only need very small farms for your food supply to continously grow bigger and bigger. Not to mention all the cargo pod food and raid kills that provide food. Never just focus on corn but also make always rice and potatoes, especially in the beginning.

No, mine is different. I plan on expanding it later to include other silly mood swings. Mostly things like someone going on a pyro rampage because he got rebuffed by a lesbian 5 times.

Normal, also you tend to have migrations(ie animals just passing by your map) and they seem to trigger by seasons.

Squares of 8 batteries, access all around, and connect switches to turn em on/off if needed(to have power saved in case of shit.

>Sparkles' opinion of me: +100

Holy shit, that's like, religious zealot level of worship lol

I had them haul few stacks of corn and meat before hiding in the storeroom. They also sneak out to get some food when wargs are asleep.

The biggest problem were my own wargs who started to starve after all meat rotted away. I had to drag in two dead visitor bodies to feed them, because I don't want to lose my cows.

One cow miscarried already, hopefully the other one will have a male calf. Don't have any bulls, because my last one got killed by a cougar.

Damn, this game creates great random stories.

>spend whole game starving for components
>shitload of crashed ship parts on map
>you can deconstruct them for components

FUUUUUGG

Is there any livestock that aren't cancer on your food supply?

Chickens because at the very least they provide you with an extra food supply of their own

>having chickens and any other animal
Fucking niggers ate all my fert. eggs and after that a cobra killed all my chickens. There was literally no way the cobras and my dogs didn't work together so I slaughtered all of them.

I'd normally say Cobras, but they breed so fast your entire Kibble supply will be gone really fast.

Chickens and Cobras, you let cobras to multiply and when they hatch make separate animal arean like i always do for butchering.

Also cobras eat like 1-2 kibble per day and you can easily make it from hay+any meat only.

Use animal areas then, make separate area for chickens ONLY and restrict other animals from it.

Build a wall + doors around it.

There, nothing will kill your livestock.

Chickens will eat their own eggs? Wow, I didn't even know that was possible. Try restricting the eggs to a zone where the chickens aren't allowed

I don't like that there is a heavy reliance on trade in this game but trade is a fucking event instead of a proper mechanic.

I hope the next update focuses on a proper trade economy since this is the most needed thing right now. Imagine if you could stop producing food because you focused on producing valueable items and your existence relies on silver entirely.

This, I was just about to ask if there is some way I could increase the amount of traders, even by modifying something with the game. I'm tired of every game ultimately resulting in wasting days away waiting for a trader to show up.

mods

Hows my idea lads?
What if a z-layer below the ground was added that is all rock/minerals/tombs. Underground hive infestation would be more frequent/stronger. This would allow colonies with little mountains/hills to have access to steel and other minerals while still keeping a challenge.

So i barely survived these shits, how do i get my blades?

who /swamp/ here?

You can only take the scythes from scythers that are downed I believe. In the health tab under bills you have the option to shut down (kill them) or take their scythes.

Go into there operation tab like when you would do with your settlers and add a bill removing their weapons.

Only works if they're only knocked down though.

How can I keep my food refrigerated inside a mountain?

Damn, who would have thought as I prepared to end my game I'd get one last Zzzzt! Especially since everyone is barricaded away.

Also holy shit how fast do things die in 1000F?

Actually, chickens do that IRL too. No joke, chickens are fucking savages.

T.chicken farmer

Well shit, my guys killed the scythers pretty fast, those centipedes were tanky as fuck though.

Someone please tell, I want to play the game.
Is there a way I can store my food inside a mountain without running a huge tunnel just for cooling purposes?

wat

How do you normally do your ventilation tunnels?

1. Build a small room behind your intended freezer
2. Remove the roof over that small room
3. Seal up the small room, you don't want anyone ever going there.
4. Place Coolers with the red side pointed towards the now-blocked off room.

Wrong pic.

My friend showed me her chickens once and she asked if I wanted to see something fucked up so she threw one of their eggs into the coop and the beasts swarmed the yolk

i like where this is going

Ahh yes, that seems like a good idea. Thanks.

Can't really do this, 3/4 of my map is mountain.

Build your freezer near the entrance.

You could do this But it isn't very practical, and it leads to worse temprature insulation when it comes to heatwaves or harsh winters, assuming you build around the walled off space.