/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3100

Delicious Brown Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/(KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat) :pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Pastebin:http: //pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin:pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE
KSG FAQ:pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie:shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map:zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw:skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines:ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas:mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes:mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite:newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink:writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/7u9PE
youtube.com/watch?v=U1dYFEJMsJs
youtube.com/watch?v=omGnzAd28YM
youtube.com/watch?v=LHSFsWZM1Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw
youtu.be/ugJfjmxOR2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Hana!

Nth for a Happy Hana!

Nth for a happy Hana!

countering nigger edition with white, which is right

Dang, beat me to the punch.

A couple of your links are fucked, OP. Still, good on you for taking initiative.

I'm trying to draw this Hana at the moment. Really struggling with it so far

> 900 more threads to go

>Japanese
>white

If you try to change anything in the OP you get a bunch of faggots coming out and screaming about why that's bullshit

what matters is what they're like, not where they're from

This is what I have so far. Wanted advice before I draw over it

I know it's not original but would like to make it a bit more unique. I've made some subtle changes, but Don't really know what to do next. Any help? Thanks /ksg/

Nu-uh! The genotype is the important part, not the phenotype !

In my opinion, making it unique is up to you. If you're trying to show something particular about Hanako through this drawing, you should focus on that.

missing the flower chain

I'm more just trying to get better at drawing Hana. When I tried to draw an original (Pic related) there was a lot to be desired. Just trying to add a little flourish or something to make it mine

I normally do, but I'm struggling on what to do to this one to make it a bit more "my own"

I know, I just don't want to copy everything. I'm more using it as a reference, like inspiration, but try and make it my own, which is what I'm asking for. That and tips and ideas and shit
Thanks for pointing that out user :)

for Miki

Evening, Friends. How goes it?

>Chocolate Thighs
>Delicious Brown Edition

Oh boy, do I have a relevant image for you guys. Can't just post it because this is a Christian Image Board, but I'll link it.

imgur.com/a/7u9PE

Hey user, I'm good, you?

Also LEW-oh wait

good to see you again castron.

Its unbearably hot where im at so im reading books indoors trying to stay comfy

These are not healthy user!

That's good to hear, Friend. It's been raining on and off all day, so haven't been able to get anything done. Currently waiting for a spat of clear sky before I slog out in humid, muggy HELL that outside currently is to go feed the animals.

And its good to see you, Friend. What are you reading?

What's unhealthy about delicious, hard , creamy caramel nips?

>I'm struggling on what to do to this one to make it a bit more "my own"

I'm speaking as a sculptor and musician here, so maybe what I'm saying might be a bit out of place, but looking to make something your own by "forcing" a personal style just doesn't work in my experience.

To develop your own style, you need to work on the fundamentals. Practice drawing things in the style of artists you like, or ones that confuse you. As you go along, you'll eventually develop your own skills as you develop an understanding of the hows and whys of what you and others do, and as you start to come up with your own work flow.

Just keep at it, and don't worry about making anything your own - it already is yours.

Everything.

A book on emotional identification and introspection. Hopefully it will allow me to connect with others.

Oh that sounds bad, where you based? Here in the UK there has been a heatwave, and its unbearable.
Feed animals? You mean like cats/dogs or like a farm?

That's what I've been doing, just redrawing cool art I see. But trying to edit my work and improve it has been working, like (Pic related) with some of my own adjustments on the hair and things.

But your saying if I keep doing it it will come naturally? If so then I'll do some more. Thanks user

>everything

Debatable.

>A book on emotional identification and introspection

... Oh, that sounds neat? I like Scifi novels.

>Where you based?

West Virginia state, USA

We were just hitting the "drought" portion of summer, but the weather says its supposed to rain for the rest of the week and be in the high 80's - low 90's °F (26 - 32 °C). So its going to be humid and muggy for the rest of the week...

I have 5 deer and 3 elk to take care of.

>But your saying if I keep doing it it will come naturally?
It did for me. Picking at the styles of other artists allowed me to slowly see how they accomplished certain things. Some of those techniques I wasn't fond of, and never used them. Others seemed absolutely fantastic, so I'd slowly incorporate them into my own work, refining those techniques over time. I eventually reached a point where I found myself looking at my own work and realized it no longer looked like a study of somebody else's work.

No matter what, just keep at it. You're creating something for yourself, and sharing it with other people - that's wonderful. It took me ages to work up the courage to show others my work.

I do too Castron. I will be reading Asimov or Wyndham in the future. To be honest, I figured you were the more fantasy-medieval type, what with the desire to be a blacksmith and all.

Can I make the new OP next time? I wanted to make this one but was too slow.

I think ya took a wrong turn, boi.

Yeah that's about the temperature it's been here, but as we're British we're not so used to it. Humidity sucks though, when you go out and it's stuffier then inside it;s the worst feeling.

Also you have deer? That's pretty cool, what do you use them for?

I have been noticing that I do change little things, and I'm no longer copying stroke for stroke. Is that what you mean?

And thank you man, means a lot to hear you say that :) I'll keep at it.

i was about to do it too, it was posted right as I was copying the previous thread

Prepare it in advance then so you just have to ctrl+v

>Is that what you mean?
Yep. A personal style isn't something you just have, it's something you develop with practice. The hard part is not falling into a rut and taking shortcuts with your work - for a long time I had that problem.

ok, I will. any other advice?

I love him so much, and he loves me too! I'm so happy and feel so giddy!

What are you guys listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=U1dYFEJMsJs
youtube.com/watch?v=omGnzAd28YM
youtube.com/watch?v=LHSFsWZM1Gk

remove shrink

I don't understand.

Anyways how far in advance should I post it? Like now or wait for it to be closer to the bump limit?

Drink plenty of water and have an healthy meal?

You dont, just post it when the other one hits 250 images. No trips in the OP.

ok I'll wait for 250 posts first. what happens if I get trips on accident?

Congrats user! We're all happy for you

Listening to this but singing these lyrics: youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw

>Ladies and gentlemen, this is Mambo no. 5!

One, two, threefour-five,
It's a feels train general so come on and ride,
To class 3-3 around the corner
He says "introduce yourself" but I really don't wanna.

Out of hospital just last week,
Gotta read all of my options cause talk ain't cheap.
I like Hanako, Shizune, Lilly Rin and Emi
And if it's unrequited then I'll just hang out with Kenji.

So what can I do, Lord what am I gonna say?
To me flirting is just an eroge
Anything fly, it's all good let me dump it
Please set in the trumpet!

A little bit of Hanako in my life,
A little bit of scarring all down her side.
A little bit of Rin is all I need
A little bit of Lilly is what I see-*ahem*
A little bit of Shicchan in the sun,
A little bit of Emi for my morning run.
Getting every ending, good and bad -
A little bit of you makes me your man.

Thank you user who posted that a few days ago, I can't stop listening

I get it now, but what do you mean by shortcut?
Thanks for all the tips!

The board explodes.
Can you stop reposting that every thread, it doesnt get better that way.

>figured you were the more Fantasy-Medieval type

The only books like that I've read are the Game of Thrones series and a couple books in the Dragonriders of Pern series, which is more scifi than medieval, but its kinda there.

I've always liked the idea of blacksmithing. Always wanted to MAKE something, but I ain't got what it takes for ART or the Writing. So why not just hammer red hot metal?

We don't take too KINDLY to yer type 'round here! You'll probably want to go back about 5 miles until you get to the fork, follow the right and in about 4 minutes or so you'll start to see the signs to bring you to the highway. Have a good one, stay safe.

>you have deer?
>what do you use them for?

Right now just building up a herd. Hoping to have work up to about 10 of each, deer and elk. Once that gets going, should be able to sell off the calves as breed stock for other deer/elk farms and to enthusiasts. There's also a demand for the meat, though probably won't be dealing in that too awful much with the low numbers we'll have. There's also a market for the shed antlers from both the Elk and Deer, so that can pull in a few dollars here and there. Apparently people like to grind them up for "medicinal purposes", so there's that...

Can any one of you remember the last time you discussed KS in this thread?

Sorry user, I just can't stop listening to it. No more posting of it

I had absolutely no idea there was a market for this stuff. Well if you enjoy the work power to you man, hope it's going well

Mambo no. 5 is a classic, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise!

YKK needs an anime adaptation

Some jap went on a killing spree against cripples in Tokyo
19 killed so far

It desperately needs a localisation first! Buuut I agree with you, the OVA is nice but I'd like to see what a big budget studio could pull off!

Why does this place seem so different since the last couple of weeks? I almost don't recognize it. Especially with all the new trips.

Same here mate, it gets better when you filter all the ones who attentionwhore and leave the ones who actually create content.

What do you guys actually think about the alpha/beta of KS?
I had some user tell me he thought it was way better then full release a few days ago, and I just don't see it.

at least reifriend, alpha user and misaki user are still around sometimes, truly the holy trinity of /ksg/ anons

Apha/Beta is 2edge4me

I've never had a chance to play them myself, as I currently only have a tablet, but I hear some of the stories were a tad more fleshed out, and personally, I liked some of the art a little better. At least for the uniforms.

We've been over this Castron. Those uniforms were shit.

I don't see the art thing, but I guess that's personal taste

I thought there was some more to some stories, but not necessarily in a good way. I didn't like Hana's because it was either depressing or comically cliche, but I haven't played too much of the other ones.

Some things were good though, like the yellow dress

Jesus i see this on /b/ now, is it real?

yes. interestingly enough it happened at a center for the handicapped.

SadHanakoGuy, why you did this??? I have to change the Hanako pic for this thread !!!!!!

So for once, with this pic:

900 to go

I kinda get why this guy may have wanted to this man. I mean shit ain't easy when you don't put yourself out there, and it kinda feels liked you're being ignored. So I can see why someone would attack people like that.
I just hope others can realize what's happening before they let themselves go like that though.

Oh my god it's real. Shit dude

Sorry user, I just love you posting it so much I tried to draw it for you. (see )

You know, that's just like, your opinion, Friend.

It can just be equated to preference. I think the Green and Yellow uniforms are more on the realistic side of things, over the dresses in the release version. But again, just opinions. I also like Hanako in a jacket. Jackets are nice.

Oh for fuck's sake...

>TFW you don't use the Hanako-Flower picture for this exact reason

This just feels wrong... Like an affront to tradition...

Ugh, fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Fuck.

I hate people sometimes. Just bad news this whole day.

Whats wrong?

All bad things cause good effects man, maybe you don't see them, but someone might. So cheer up, and hope for the good to come your way.

> I just love you posting it so much I tried to draw it for you.

OMG. Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread before posting.

And t-thanks.... you don't have to say
> Sorry
b-baka... I appreciated it so much.
Why real people can't be kind like you? Damn.

>19 dead and 45 wounded as knifeman goes on rampage at building for disabled in Japan

So who of you was it

youtu.be/ugJfjmxOR2I

A lot of personal bad news I'd rather not go into, and now this shit in Japan.

Also another nightclub shooting in Florida.

And a bombing and stabbing in Germany

Fuuuuuuck.

> This just feels wrong... Like an affront to tradition...

Yeah, you're right.
Sorry, I lost my mind and decided without thinking.

I'm aware it's a noob question, but how can I delete my post? I never did it before and traditions are important, we should preserve them

Yes it is

No I am sorry, it's like tradition that you use that picture, its your thing. I won't use it again :)

I know that feel man, a lot of personal shit has happened to me as well (not trying to downplay your situation, just I empathize)

If you wanna talk we're here for you man

Posts can be deleted by clicking the white box beside Anonymous on the left of the post in question, then clicking delete on the bottom right of the page. Alternatively, if you just want to remove your image, click the box beside File Only. Your post will remain, but the image will be removed.

There is a time limit though.

I tried to delete it but it' been up too long, Sorry Flower guy, it won't happen again

Yeah, I get it. Thanks.
I'll just try to distract myself

Ok thanks, I supposed I have to click on the white box, but I wasn't able to find the delete.

Now tradition is safe, and ready to continue from next thread!

Don't worry my friend.
It was my fault trying to replace the pic with another one.
I'll continue the tradition when we'll start next thread!

Kenji finally went and did it, the absolute madman.

I've already made my opinion clear on the Hanako routes but as a whole, the alpha lacked the polish and cohesiveness of the finished version: abridged narration, rife with spelling errors, jarring character traits (Akira being a guy, Lilly being from South Africa) and a general lack of seriousness made it feel like reading a more generic VN.

In terms of arcs, Emi's wasn't that different but way more cliche than it was in game. Rin being more self aware during her route made it feel a lot weaker at the end (she hates herself, but she can joke about it?) and Lilly's had no plot to speak of. Shizune's had a lot more feels but it was really repetitive in how it beat you over the head with MISHA HAD A HARD LIFE and SHIZUNE YOU BITCH. I kinda liked the subtle writing of Shizune's final but I can understand why people would prefer the bluntness of the alpha.

Hi SadHanakoGuy!
I have 2 questions for you

1) In the end did you read Sisterhood?
2) Did you already started some other Visual Novel? You said you'd try Saya no Uta, if I remember correctly.

Sorry, I forgot what your opinion on Hanako's route was. Was it that you thought it had good stills but was worse overall. however it was still worth playing ?

While I haven't finished all the routes in the alpha, I have to agree with you on what I know. Matches up

Hey user, I woke up early the next day to finish Sisterhood, and I have to thank you for posting it, it was really good. I have a few minor gripes, but it's mostly nitpicking and as a whole it is far more fulfilling. I like how Hana becomes more independent, but sometimes she seemed to be too much, like out of character.

I've just downloaded Saya and Narcissu or whatever but I haven't played them yet, will do tomorrow!

How did Bob Ross manage to have such a calming effect on people, from the top of my head I can't say I know anyone who'd hate the guy.

Knife attack at center for disabled people in Tokyo today.

Tiny Rin doodle

> I haven't played them yet

Ok!
Let us know if you'd appreciate them as soon as you played them!

Cute!

Doodle? It looks great user, wish I could draw that

I don't mean to be rude but I don't fully understand this sentence haha. If you mean to ask me to tell you as soon as I've played them, I will do tomorrow evening!

nice doodle but ease up on the blogposting...

>draws a katawa
>blogposting

filename...