/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #516 - /sthg/'s 2nd Anniversary Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2tZ92HPvjzM
youtube.com/watch?v=jlHvE0US_CI
youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_ASmxdnAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FtuOW6GmOgE
mediafire.com/folder/f2chx3a11ascx/Sonic_25th
youtube.com/watch?v=4_Vufz_94h8
youtu.be/OeuMHOZ_bcY
youtube.com/watch?v=VU2BImK9v9w
youtube.com/watch?v=2Vp5aMPAUYQ
youtu.be/vOYdR5mVZ-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Happy Birthday, /sthg/

Happy birthday /sthg/, I might draw something too.

Happy 2nd birthday /sthg/. Here's to another year of unrelenting autism

>2 years later and I'm still here
Love you faggots

Happy Birthday /sthg/! I can't draw Sonic characters yet because of anatomy but have something I drew in a flockdraw a long time ago!

Out of interest, obviously fuck namefags, but how come some of you guys don't sign your art?

Happy b-day, sthg

>toes

Also yes happy birthday.

I didn't mean to make it that long.

The way your work looks should be its own signature. If people can't recognize it as yours, then you're not good enough to be noticed.

Happy birthday you fags!

Most of recognize the artstyle so we don't need a name for them

Unless it's a new person, then we ask and get information

Never thought of it that way, makes sense.

>If people can't recognize it as yours, then you're not good enough to be noticed
harsh

I used to sign my art when I was in high school, but nowadays I don't care because everyone knows my drawings when they see them, and they're not my characters anyway.

Show me any artist in this general who signs their work, and I'll show you somehow who desperately craves attention from others.

Happy birthday you faggots! Guess you got your presents early.

Which characters would fit Joseph Joestar and Jotaro Kujo? I'm thinking Sonic for the former and Shadow for the latter.

I want to snuggle you guys.

Oh yes, two wieners

>somehow
Shit.
someone*

Yup! And what presents they are

That's pretty strong language, user, and I'd say not at all reflective of our drawfags.

abt does
I personally like signatures, I feel like they're a seal of quality from the artist. Also some signatures can be fancy as fuck. I think you're being a bit harsh.

Happy birthday, /sthg/!

Sonicfag from /fgog/ here, we're also having our first anniversary in five days.

May your general have a nice anniversary.

Thanks user.

Happy birthday /sthg/, I hope we can enjoy more good games together.

Yoto and he has the most recognizable style

We can't go back to slow again!

Back to my job of bumping the threads at night.

>gets back from san diego
>reads /sthg/ threads about the party i attended
>no one pointed out Ben Kalough, a True God of the Sonic fanbase was the livestream host
I am disappoint

Happy B-day /sthg/!

youtube.com/watch?v=2tZ92HPvjzM

He was?

So he's the one to blame for the shitty audio?

youtube.com/watch?v=jlHvE0US_CI

youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_ASmxdnAQ

youtube.com/watch?v=FtuOW6GmOgE

o7

Probably because It wasn't the best stream service in the world

no, rando house of blues employee came in shortly before the event started and fucked around with the audio settings that were already set, if it weren't for that the audio would have been balanced/mixed very well

Did anyone made the webm with the emotional meme man?

Does he decide on what camera the stream shows? If he did, then he fucked us with switching out during the costume contest and the VAs parts.

the host does not direct the live stream, the host hosts it

Then I'm not seeing why I should care who he is or did.

"i hate fun, who can i be negative at? if I can't be negative at this person, what's the point?"

what a damn tool

You all deserved the stream you got, confirmed.

So we deserved a cool stream, that, despite some difficulties, was an absolute blast to watch and made us fast again? Sounds about right

>waaaah you don't love this literal who you must hate fun waaaaaaaah

See? I can do it too.

mediafire.com/folder/f2chx3a11ascx/Sonic_25th

From an user a few threads ago.

I just got home user, I don't know when I'll have it ready or if it'll be ready today but I'll eventually get to it.

What if Sally was wearing a wig the whole time?

Is it save to assume this Nexus dude is brainwashed by Wally? I mean isn't that where he ran off to after he got his shit kicked in by Eggman? Poor Rogue is never gonna get to keep any of those false master emeralds.

It's safe to assume that he literally is Naugus.

But he looks like one of Knuckles species then again so did Thrash and we know how that went

Shapeshifting dude. Look at their outfits, they're similar.

I really like this style, is not full chubby-classic sonic but it's still retro

IT's been outright stated in the reboot that Naugus can shapeshift, and Nixus has many of the same design elements of Naugus. They're one and the same. Fuck's sake, Nixus is literally a combination of Naugus+Ixis See pic related

There's no way it'll be an actual enchilada. Sega has an explicit mandate about Knuckles being the last of his kind (Tikal is still able to appear because she's explicitly a ghost), and we all know that if there's a new non-game enchilada around, Penders will sue Archie AGAIN.

>Sega has an explicit mandate about Knuckles being the last of his kind
They actually don't. Ian has said Sega is fine with them using material from Chronicles including the echidnas, it's Penders keeping him from doing so. If it wasn't Penders you'd have Shade, Ix and a bunch of other Nocturnus echidnas running around.

If such a mandate exists, it's probably limited to Knuckles being the last of his tribe to avoid the dozens of bullshit relatives and super secret societies, not the last echidna.

All of the characters on the 'Modern' file feels limited for some reason.

Maybe they are hinting of the possibility of other playable characters in the 2017 project.

>If it wasn't Penders you'd have Shade
PENDDDEEEERRRRSSS. Why can't he fuck off already?

Hey, there was a youtube video posted several threads ago (probably before the party) that I think was a remix that a lot of anons liked. I missed it then and forgot to listen to it later, does anyone remember what I'm talking about and has the link?

Taking webm requests of the stream

youtube.com/watch?v=4_Vufz_94h8

Thank you meme man

Tell me about it. Bioware putting in the bare minimum of effort managed to do his job better than he ever could. It's almost like Penders is a total fucking hack or something.

Penders didn't fucking make the Nocturnus clan. Sega did. He NEEDS to piss right off and let Archie do what they want with Sega's material.

YOU'RE ALRIGHT MEME MAN

It might have been this.

youtu.be/OeuMHOZ_bcY

This goes to show that good composition holds up well regardless of speed.

Goddamn this is the true form to Classic Sonic I can't fucking wait.

You'd have to narrow it down, but I think it might be either of these.

youtube.com/watch?v=VU2BImK9v9w

youtube.com/watch?v=2Vp5aMPAUYQ

Isn't this the dude handling Sonic Mania?

> all of these high-quality renders
> they're on a par with the Archie renders used for comic cover artwork
> those models were never released
> New Sonic game features a 'resistance' theme

DARE I HOPE?!

>so did Thrash

Except that he had fucking ears and didn't have the echidna tail? Thrash was never meant to be taken for an echidna genius.

He deserves it

The part where Johnny takes a nap?

Yep, kind of amazing we were posting his stuff literally right before Mania was announced.

Oh yeah my friend attended and he's going to give me the usb with the data intact. I'll upload it once he gives it to me.

I'm also getting that sweet anniversary hat.

Don't forget, the last time we saw Naugus was in Hidden Palace Zone at the end of Eggman's Dozen.

>Talking with friend at work about vidya
>both of us like sonic
>he says sonic 3 & k is shit compared to super mario world
> ask how
> says the game is better designed both for with and without powerups
>says the shields are shit since you barely use them or need them
>couldn't think of anything to say

Is my friend right, /sthg/?

I feel like Shade would be amusing to see in the comic but I can't shake that she'd try to solve her problems with violence even more then Gemerl and Omega do. I wish Gemerl would stop jobbing I mean, he was outnumbered majorly but dammit, I want him to get a cool moment. Same for the acorns. The king may of knocked Bean on his ass but Bark just smashed him like nothing and Sally can barely hold her own in a fight. I'd put more trust in Tails and Cream then in them right now in a battle.

I need another party so bad man. I feel a little heartbroken.

It's just a different way of design, I like the shields in S3&K they give you good movement with a air-dash bounce and 2nd jump. And the Insta-Shield is a good move. Also how is it better designed when you can fly over the whole stage with a cape feather

lolno he's mad wrong

It means the game was designed well to allow a player good enough to not need them. Literally the same thing could be said for SMW. I've never NEEDED a power-up to beat the game. That's not a bad thing.

If anything, it can be seen as negative that you need certain items to get secrets in SMW but I wouldn't stretch it that far since they're not important to the core game.

S3&K and SMW are both series' best 2D games. I fucking love them both.

I always sign my art out of habit. In case someone who hasn't seen my junk before sees it , they already know what to call me. Or they'll just call me drawfag. Either way.
Then again I'm an attention whore.

For every competent character you need one or more jobbers.

Yoto definitely loves the attention.
Source:I'm Yoto

>> they're on a par with the Archie renders used for comic cover artwork
>yfw the artist who made those renders now works for Sega

creating hype is fun but I actually wouldn't want that

I too love Yoto.

If you can do sound webm's, can I get one of Amy screaming "You will SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

See I agree to an extent. Sally and Nigel are more leaders than fighters (And even though he jobbed, Nigel still came out of that looking pretty damn cool), but I would like to see them kick actual ass soon

Well I love your art so I will give you all the attention

USB contents were already uploaded but it would be fun to see if that one contains a different message.

There's literally nothing wrong with attention whoring providing you're actually good at something.

WAT

>アメリカのサンディエゴで開催された「Sonic 25th Anniversary Party」にて、2017年に向けたプロジェクト2タイトルのトレーラーが公開されました。
>※現時点で日本での発売は未定。続報をお待ち下さい。

>It was held in the United States in San Diego in the "Sonic 25th Anniversary Party", the project 2 title of the trailer for the 2017 has been published.
>At the moment launch in Japan is undecided ※. Please wait for the follow-up.

Probably. I play 3&K every few weeks and off the top of my head I can't think of a place where the lightning shield's ring attraction mattered besides that one upper area in Hydro City.

nips don't care for Sonic. in fact, some would argue that classic sonic was an attempt to get them back into the fold. The only way they'll even consider coming back is if you turned the cast into humanoids with a few traits of animal looks.

youtu.be/vOYdR5mVZ-A

>most of this board wasn't alive and doesn't remember this

I hate nips so much
Mario loving fucks