Should I get a 2013 Mustang V6 or 2013 Camaro V6? I don't have the money for a GT or SS

Should I get a 2013 Mustang V6 or 2013 Camaro V6? I don't have the money for a GT or SS

Neither.

>in b4 don't even bother with the V6

I can't speak for the Camaro, but the V6 Mustang is actually a reasonably fast car. As long as you get it with a manual, it should be plenty fun.

Save for the GT. Camaros are all irrelevant with the new 2016 being a lot better.

They're both girl cars OP.

Get a 2011 gt they're like 17k now with like 40-50k

move down the years until you can afford the V8.

Neither. If you don't have money for a used V8 then look at different cars. Or save a little longer for the V8, that will be about a $5k difference.

Get one with a V8 and a manual transmission you peasant.

What's wrong with the V6? The GT will cost more, use more gas and have higher insurance rates. I mean really, 300+hp engines are not fast enough?

it's really more about the sound and gobs of torque available at any rpm.

it's a muscle car, they're supposed to chew raw steak and bench 400, not drink kale smoothies and do yoga

You move too far down the years with the Mustang, and you'll be into a GT with the old 4.6L modular engine. You might as well stick with the 2013 V6, since it has almost the same straight line speed and everything else is better.

You move too far down the years with the Camaro, and it stops existing.

moar buzzwords and empty platitudes, plz

>Mustang
>Camaro
>muscle car

nice try

>Camaros are all irrelevant with the new 2016 being a lot better.

Why does Veeky Forums hate the Camaro so much?

The cars are heavy so the 300 doesn't mean much and they don't turn well. All of a modern Mustang and Camro's fun value is the straightline speed and torque.
You'd be better off trying to find a last gen GTO.

A v8 from 2000 makes more torque than the modern v6s

yeah, that extra 13% torque is a real difference-maker...

butthurt v6 owner detected

better not drive your girlstang right now period blood doesn't come out easily
>muh semantics

>326hp Camaro V6
>girlcar

Yeah keep telling yourself that kiddo, most women are scared of anything above 200hp

I have a v6 camaro in standard of course. One of the best decisions. The only thing I regret is that maybe I should have gotten the v8 knowing gas prices are so low. I feel like I might be missing out.

It's still fun to drive and faster than most cars on the road.

I can't even remember the last time i saw a man driving a newer camaro

conversely, I don't think i've ever seen a woman driving a dodge challenger, for some reason women only know about camaros and mustangs

>What is torque curve, you stupid bastard.

I just realized I never see a V6 Challenger anywhere

>V6 Mustang
>0.2 seconds faster to 60 than an FG2 Civic Si
Jesus.

>benchracer

He's a Honda fuccboi, what do you expect

The problem is it's 300hp in a 3800-3900lbs car.

An old f-body with an ls1 making 325hp is only 3300-3400lbs.

you don't? I see them all the time.

they're both solid cars. camaro will hold its value better but I personally like the moostang.

You can buy a V6 pony car and twin turbo it for cheaper than a stock V8

I can't really comment on the Camaro, other than I hate the gauge cluster and the visibility. I also fit way better in the Mustang, as I am kinda tall.

That said, the V6 mustang is reliable and surprisingly quick. Easy to make it go a little faster too, if you want. With a tune and a CAI I was getting 32mpg at around 78mph on the interstate. Around 30 before I did stuff to it. Great car but the V8 bug bit so now I have a '14 GT track pack.

The new V6 and the new ecoboost are quite good as well and 2015 models are on the market at reasonable prices.

Oh and to add, for some reason my new GT's insurance went down $40 a month with better premiums from the 2012 V6. I have no idea why.

an old f-body also has all the rigidity of a wet noodle and handles like a garbage truck

lol okay, defend your slow V6 Mustang. If there's anything Mustangs are about, it's the 0-60 shit. Unless you want to tell me how fun it is to take it through the twisties.

get a load of this memer

why do dumbfucks always say shit like this? I can only imagine you just saw a cheap shit turbo kit on ebay for $2500 and thought that was all you would need to make 700whp.

I'd bet less than .05% of the people that browse this board have the $10k in cash to throw at a twin turbo kit and all of the necessary supporting mods to stop it from being a grenade on wheels and to try to finance something like that on an unsecured loan would end up costing 5x more than just paying the extra for a higher-optioned car. shut up and read a book nigger.

bumparoo (want to see more shitposting :-)

Funny thing is today's base V6 models are faster than the "GT/SS" stuff from the 90s.

It's all relative. A 6 second 0-60 is plenty fast unless you just have to have the fastest mostest.

>The GT will cost more, use more gas and have higher insurance rates
justifying buying a shit-tier pony car

k.

>V6 versions of muscle cars
Enjoy your faster than usual depreciation.

>period blood doesn't come out easily

yes it does

>Falling for the depreciation meme
>Selling your new car
>Not buying a cheaper dated pony car because of more affordable depreciation

Modern car design

>my v6 is faster than most cars on the road
Keep deluding yourself

Sour grapes.

Veeky Forumstards have to make an excuse why modern cars are bad so they don't feel as bad that they can't have them. Deep down they know they're fucking awesome. Veeky Forumstards are too poor to afford anything cool.

The current exchange rate for an American V6 is a Korean i3 for our international viewers,

>Wanting a car that loses 2x as much value as its v8 alternative every year no matter when you bought it (used or not)

Depreciation is not a meme and it's also linked to your net worth. If you think your net worth is not important, you're an incompetent tool.

He's arguing in favor of a v6 mustang over a v8, I can't believe you're wasting your time arguing with him

>your net worth
>Run your life like its a business

>Not running your life like a business
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we live in a capitalistic society. Money is fucking amazing.

Let us know when you finish high school if you think your quality of life isnt directly affected by how much money you have

Sadly this is true. It only gets harder the less money you're born with

>Sadly this is true. It only gets harder the lazier and more incompetent you are.
Fixed that for'ya champ.

that gas cap cover is bad

hold out for a v8

v8 pls

>things trust fund kiddies say

I bought a 4.0 07 mustang and LOVE it, but regret everyday not saving money for the v8... Every time you work on it, or buy a new part, it fells like... ya but it aint an v8....

>buying a car that only vaguely looks fast

Get the real deal, or buy a shitty commuter that doesn't pretend to be anything that it's not.

Camaro. Don't listen to the haters, the new V6 still has over 300HP

You're kidding right? It's easier to make it through college debt free if you're poor than if you come from a middle class family.

If you think "rich trust fund brats" are the thing keeping you from making more than 50k; then you never had a chance.