/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 25th:
864 – The Edict of Pistres of Charles the Bald orders defensive measures against the Vikings
1837 – The first commercial use of an electrical telegraph is successfully demonstrated by William Cooke and Charles Wheatstone on July 25, 1837 between Euston and Camden Town in London
1869 – The Japanese daimyo begin returning their land holdings to the emperor as part of the Meiji Restoration
1934 – The Nazis assassinate Austrian Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss in a failed coup attempt
1943 – World War II: Benito Mussolini is forced out of office by the Grand Council of Fascism and is replaced by Pietro Badoglio

>News
CK2 - The Reaper's Due Announced
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-reapers-due-is-here.958881/

HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.3 - 22/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOFw2UPLdPk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_Articles_of_1871
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Incoming steam group butthurt.

Reminder to pay for the games you play

cuckjak FUCK OFF

YOUR FOLLOWING IS GONE

t. steamgroup

turkslayer & kojak are so 2012 and 2013

Cobra is the future of /gsg/

>not vaporwave

TURKSLAYER IS BASED

Based Vaporwave

That's great but I don't know what steamgroups have to do with this

>he hates kojak

How did /gsg/ fall this far?

Perfect

>doesn't contain all Germans

Is the new version of Kaiserreich out yet?

One day they will realize their mistakes and how they denied themselves paradise.

Give denmark it's contemporary borders and I'd agree

It does, all Germans outside these borders were relocated or liquidated

>Splitting Schleswig
No.

The year was 1945, the 2nd Weltkrieg had ravaged the world for 6 years. In winter 1944 the Syndicalists had crossed the Rhine and in summer 1944 the Entente launched a massive invasion to take back Britain. There is a 3 way Weltkrieg between the Entente, Syndicalists and the now crippled Mitteleuropa. The day is April 26th 1945 and the Syndicalists are are flooding into Berlin.
Heinrich, the newest chief member of the German Imperial Army general staff knocked desperately on the Kaiser's door.
"Kaiser! i have urgent news!" Exclaimed young Heinrich
It has been a hard 6 years for Kaiser Wilhelm II and every year it had become more apparent that he would lose this war. He never expected another Weltkrieg to break out, especially one that the German Empire would lose. Everyday it became harder and harder for the 94 year old to get out of bed and the crippling defeats the German Empire had taken to the Syndicalists and Entente had demoralized him and the rest of the nation horribly. He struggled to get out of bed this morning.
"Heinrich my boy, come in" said Kaiser Wilhelm II in an old, raspy voice
Heinrich opened the door in an urgent manner, his face was pale as a ghost
"Mein Kaiser! The syndies are inside the Reichstag!"
The Kaiser couldn't believe it. The Syndicalists weren't supposed to make it inside the Reichstag for the next week! He almost let out a tear but held it back. He knew what the Syndicalists had done to his cousins and the Pope.
"Nein" the Kaiser painfully mumbled under his breath
Heinrich left the Kaiser's room only to be shot in the hallway by a young French soldier. He painfully made his way back to the Kaiser's room.
"Mein Kaiser..... They're here....." said Heinrich in his dying breath grabbing on to Kaiser Wilhelm II
Kaiser Wilhelm II took Heinrich's Mauser from his cold dead hands. The Kaiser also took his Pickelhaube off his desk and placed it upon his head.

i hate this general so much

why is this shitposter still not banned?

OP you forgot to update the hpm description, a new version is out.

It's all the Turks and South Americans that are the real shitposters I bet

Just report the shitposting until they get banned.

Go to reddit then

"I failed you, Germania" said the Kaiser to himself as he could hear the French soldiers outside.
There were 4 French soldiers down the hall. The Kaiser shot two, killing one and wounding the other.
"Retraite!" exclaimed one of the French soldiers. They had taken too many losses and were falling back to regroup.
The Kaiser knew they would be back with more troops. He knew there was no way out of this. He picked up a fuel canister being carried by one of the French soldiers he had just killed and took it back up to his room and emptied the fuel contained inside. He took a pack of cigars and a lighter off Heinrich's body and lit one. He then threw it into the fuel setting it ablaze. After this was done he sat himself in the corner of the room.
"I`m sorry, Germania." said the Kaiser in a somber voice
He put the Mauser into his mouth and pulled the trigger making him the last Hohenzollern to rule Germany.

Blast from the past here
MMU with Firenze Submod (Christmas momod has some issues that turned me off from it, like the Manchurians which I want to play getting fucked from modernization)

Do I join the Empire? I already took all of my dutch cores from it already, and my army is the greatest in Europe as you can see by my rampage across france (Though Bourbons+Argies are dicks and dont want to vassal up. May need to culturally enrich them later)

If I join the Empire, and then later become France once I irradicate them (Once I take paris, I might cheese it if their colonies are giving me trouble and inherit them) I could form a GroßHRE by being France, Emperor of the HRE. (Unless tag switching to france kicks me out, I would be pissed)

Once I hit government 18, was gonna take LEF so was gonna stay Catholic during the religious wars I think for moderate tolerance.

>austrians
>not germanized slavs

sehr komisch

>3 days later
>THEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBEST

yeah ok good idea lad

What should I do with my life lads?

Become a janitor

>people unironically believe banning does something
>they actually report posts

Absolutely hilarious.

Mow down a kaffir kindergarten for the glory of Allah.

this

it literally takes me 10 seconds to evade a ban

youtube.com/watch?v=KOFw2UPLdPk

Where did this meam come from? It's nonsensical on every level.

Stop impersonating me!!

Stop impersonating ME!!

HPM, could you take a looj at the event that lets you outlaw slavery as an unciv? It popped up for me as the Toucoleour in the 1850s, I went with the option that actually outlaws slavery yet it didn't do anything, all my slave states kept being slave states. I actually did get the prestige and militancy that option gives though.
Also, what do you think about a decision to reorganize Guyana to your cultures and religion late game if it's mostly (+60%) of your own culture? Seems a bit odd that a mostly British Guyana released from dismantlement in the 1920s/1930s would look exactly like a mostly untouched Guyana where caribbean hold a plurality, which was the historical path but often doesn't happen in game due to massive colonial migrations.

Tibet has slaves

>That is not true, there are plenty of other mods which are more balanced and challenging, even when playing as Prussia (the easiest singleplayer nation)
What did he mean by this?

don't listen to them

He was merely preaching the truth.

is reddit any good?

>progress of a reader
lad...

It can't be worse than /gsg/

It's comparable. Abandoning HPM is just like exploring the depths of literary treasure.

Reddit told me i could find HPM guy here. Anyone know where he is?

>intelelctual

reddit

sauce on that?

I've never played Prussia but have a strange obsession with playing brazil and bullying SA

I already asked them and they told me he was here.

HPM goes to f.ullchan nowadays.

what?

also how can i upvote your post?

>I've never played Prussia

What was the name of the event? "The King and I"?

stop Kojack, this meme is forced

it's foreign governant under civilization and gunboats desu

hpm please fix your mod

Yeah, the "King and I" event.
Bit strange since I saw it working before and the event is the same thing as vanilla.
When you abolish slavery it takes some time for the pops to convert, I think it's a month. They didn't convert at all?
When you westernized, did you have slavery? It happened before or after you tagswitched to Toucouleur?

HPM i talked with a Bangladesh guy i know and well...his old man is a professor of "Islamic history" (Indian history after Mughals) with major in Portugese trade.

Also can you make Bismark decision visible from the start (since people could go HM and miss it).
Also why not make Greater Austrian destiny decision instead of an event (most people dont know it even exists)
How come Turkey doesnt get cores on Egypt if they enact the reforms?
So if you got any suggestions about what you would like dug up about India...make a list.
Also if Luxembourg joins Germany you get no cores on it.

Oh, fuck. I just thought it was supposed to be an instant change (like the reform) and went back to the last autosave as soon as I saw slavery was still around, that explains it then. Thanks for the help.
Also, what do you think about the Guyana part?

Is the new version broken

all versions are broken

oh ok

yes

i can't make my comfy grob braziliums anymore because hpm unironically fell for the liquor meme

>Also if Luxembourg joins Germany you get no cores on it.
Historical doe :^)

Is this one perfecter?

Yes

>no tirol
>no bohemia

Lad.. you're supposed to united ALL Germanic people and Czechs are Germanic

No problem.

It's a bit of a problem with colonial nations in the new/old world, like Guyana, Greenland and such.

Religion makes sense, but not culture. These nations should follow the same pattern as new world nations: when the nation is released, the original colonists assimilate in the "original" culture. Original culture of the tag, not implying any connection to former colonizers to avoid these problem. So the best solution would be to make a culture called "Guyanese", that would be neutral enough.

It isn't a big deal though, so I'm not in a hurry to do it.

>Also can you make Bismark decision visible from the start (since people could go HM and miss it).
It is.

>Also why not make Greater Austrian destiny decision instead of an event (most people dont know it even exists)
I will rework how that works at some point.

>How come Turkey doesnt get cores on Egypt if they enact the reforms?
Tanzimat? They had autonomy for a long while and the Egyptians were pretty pissed. I don't really think they need to get cores there.

>Also if Luxembourg joins Germany you get no cores on it.
I will probably revise that when I get to the Luxembourg Crisis.

Thanks for the offer but I'm not looking in India for a long while. I think the only changes I will do in the future is how the sepoy rebellion works, probably.

Anyway, good night user, good night /gsg/.

culture mapmode lad

Aight then.
I thought you would like to put proper cultures in Mughals or something.

The Germans were a stronger people as two states.

This type of shit is a guilty pleasure of mine

4 u

show pops

Does HPM have an event for creating unasul or some kinda united SA?

How much genocide? Or was it just assimilation?

I see 7 Germanic states and other 2 states made for honorary Germans though

Ethnic cleansing my friends.
Can you guess where did pops emigrate to?

Pretty sure there'd be much more than 10m unaccepted pops if there was no genocide.

Germans = Germanic =/= Germans
I forgot about Switzerland though, effectively a German state but they're OK and only sort of count desu

>green
is that what I think it is

no

Nope its noculture 0 pop province
Speaking of Bohemia, would Bohemians ever get accepted rights in German Empire?
Like how Yugos can incorporate Bulgarians and such.

>spoiler
That's exactly what I thought it was though
How are there 1.5m pops anyway? Are they literally all in Tokyo?

>would Bohemians ever get accepted rights in German Empire
Not in >H>P>M but they really should, just like Dutch/Flemish if they were ever annexed by Germany for whatever reason.

Did any of you notice there are not only no slaves in Tibet, but also no serfs in there at all in the new HPM version?

Tibet stronk

Hey, you guys remember the one guy we laughed out of /gsg/ because he made/commissioned pictures of giant women with massive breasts dressed up as nations from history, such as the Byzantine Empire?

Can someone post one of those for me, or gimme a link?

What's the most fun country to play and why is it Italy? Despite my disgusting African borders, I enjoyed having Arabia and Yugoslavia as faithful pets :^)

How do you genocide that hard in NWO?

prussia is the only fun nation.

There you go pal
It's historines

Here's how the world played out, France was a real cock so they got it in the end. No Nazi's :/

How can I make a UK playthrough fun? I haven't done one yet but it seems very boring and tedious since you're already on the top and own so much land...

Yes they are.
Basically until 2000 Chinese pops only emigrated to cities, makings 2-3 million sprawls while leaving everything else barren and empty.
Why wouldnt HPM implement that?
Bohemians always get stuck in the Greater Germany anyway and they would surely ask for self-governance at least.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_Articles_of_1871
There is a decision for it, it gives massive push for non accepted. HPM should implement some sort of highly nerfed version of it that suggests a pogrom of nationalities maybe?

I'm talking about NWO, not HPM.