Convince a retard

Hey Veeky Forums, I currently own a 2014 Veloster Turbo and had some serious buyers regret.
>Hyundai

I'm planning of buying a new car, which is the 2016 WRX.
Is this truly the best car you can get for about 30k at the moment?
I've just test driven it today and it runs quite smoothly. I'm also getting it in automatic because I live in a big city with lots of traffic.

How big of a mistake; or success am I making?

If you say buy a miata, I will curb stomp your teeth.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_landlocked_U.S._states
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a Miata.

Still better than that that stock 210hp you're making in that turbo gorean hamster mobile

Its 201 hp, actually.

I'd rather buy an ecoboost i4 mustang than a miata, similar engine but with forced induction but still though in reality just get the v8
Eh close enough

People actually use living in a city as an excuse for getting an A/T.

:/

>buying an automatic WRX

the biggest buyer's remorse I've ever gotten was the aftermath of buying a 2009 STI which was a year old with 8k miles at the time. I bought it because I had heard so many things about how well they perform but they had left out that it had the build quality of a 90's Kia and had more squeaks and rattles than my Jeep with 280k. it was a giant piece of shit with paint softer than butter and when I sold it a year later with 28k, the hood and both rear quarter panels were already starting to rust just from one Wisconsin winter. Subarus are junk. seriously.

>. I bought it because I had heard so many things about how well they perform but they had left out that it had the build quality of a 90's Kia and had more squeaks and rattles than my Jeep with 280k. it was a giant piece of shit with paint softer than butter and when I sold it a year later with 28k

Yeah that's been about my experience too. I love the car, but god damn I wish it'd shut up on the interior. I don't even care that the interior is "cheap" looking and all plastic, I just get irritated from all the little noises. And my front end is dotted with a million chips from Arizona highways.

yeah they might as well paint their cars with fucking watercolors and a brush. I've owned two dozen cars and never had anything else with paint half as bad as that STI even though it was one of the newest cars I'd owned. complete disappointment.

Have you test driven one? Gear changes in standard mode are fucking abysmal. cvt licks huge dogs balls. Might be fine if you've never driven anything fast before to know what real gears feel like

> I'm also getting it in automatic because I live in a big city with lots of traffic.
Dude I live in Los Angeles and still drive a manual. You're fucking up big time buying an automatic WRX.

if you like shitty interiors then go for it

>I'm also getting it in automatic because I live in a big city with lots of traffic
why has this generation become such pussies, this is why manual is dying

>WRX
>automatic

Sounds like you're in for even more buyer's regret. It's a WRX, not a Camry.

I never understood this whole shitty interior thing. Sure it's not the best interior, but it's fine for what it is. If you want a $30k car with nice interior buy a C-class. The WRX is a car built for performance.

I drive one, it's good. The build quality is a lot better than previous generations, I have 6k miles on mine and there's no squeaks or rattles yet. It's also one of the few new cars with good visibility.

The CVT is ass but so is the 6-speed manual tb honest. It's the same shitty WRX gearbox with a super tall sixth gear jammed inside. The first three gears are super notchy, and not in a good way. 4th, 5th, and 6th feel really rubbery and numb.

I can't believe how hard autofags will argue that it's too difficult for them. Holy shit you have to move a few limbs to get a machine to move for you, it's the utmost luxury if you think about it.

its not the cars fault you live in the most godforsaken place in the entire US, you landlocked faggot.

Remember Americlaps, every European and his pet Syrian refugee knows how to shift.

2016 sti master race

Your "pet" Mexican can, why can't you?

>manual is a problem
>I live in the city

Get a fucking smart roadster Brabus.

I feel you guys. the paint is god awful but i'm just thankful that there's no rattles in mine. no regrets :)

OP would it kill you to get it in manual

>I'm also getting it in automatic

Don't buy an automatic wrx. Its manual wrx or something else, just get a mazda 3 you fucking normie!

Fucking this. Veeky Forums will go on about how they want a no frills, zero pretension performance car, but in the same breath will criticize the WRX/Evo/Brobaru for not being luxurious.

Get standard dude.

I got the 2016 premo.
No rattles but no rumble either. Its smooth ride and the early boost kick means I get more out of it in lower RPM which is where I spend my time driving in a major city.
Taking it on some windys on the weekend is fun as fuck.
You WILL regret getting this in an auto.

>Bought an automatic hyundai veloster turbo
>Is now going to buy another new car 2 years later because of buyer's remorse
>An automatic WRX
>I live in a big city with lots of traffic!
You should just give up and buy a corolla

>Auto WRX

If you need an auto for city driving, you don't really need a WRX do you?

>landlocked
lolwut, its against lake michigan. thats WHY the winters suck so much in the first place.

Live with your shitty purchase until it's paid off. You don't want to roll that (negative) equity into another loan.

People like this only care about aesthetics. Manual isn't even hard to drive in stop and go traffic especially on a modern car with a soft clutch.

>I'm also getting it in automatic because I live in a big city with lots of traffic.

it's the best car you can get for $26k if you are a good shopper

You're forgetting Op wants to buy the ultra luxurious CVT. That's gonna bring the price up to $30k.

I bought a 2016 WRX in auto and I don't regret it one bit, OP.

I've held it at the redline numerous times and I haven't noticed any rev limiting kicking in, so I wouldn't be afraid of the transmission feeling like a slushbox.

Frankly, I can't be fucked to row gears up Stockton in SF ten times a week, because that shit got real old in my E39 M5. The CVT just performs like a good planetary automatic, so you're not going to be getting any of the "muh feels" shit, but it's your choice. Frankly, the biggest downside of the auto is that it's a 1200 buck upgrade.

Anyway, hit me up if you have any other questions about the WRX.

Op here, thanks for that opinion.

I might just get the WRX now.

Oh btw does your car rattle or shake on the interior?
I heard Subaru is doing very well at fixing that problem with the 2016 model.

30k is exactly where my price range is.

The dash had a slight rattle above the instrument cluster, so I just tightened the screws on the underside of the dash and it stopped. Haven't heard any rattling since. If you're beating the hell out of it, the fuel pump sometimes has the characteristic cricket "chirp" that you get on BRZs after some heavy driving, but I only hear it about once every two months or so. I've been thinking about upgrading the tires to some Pilot Super Sports instead of the stock Dunlop All-Seasons, because the PSSes are supposed to be marginally better at noise/vibration/harshness. It's not a quiet car by any means, but it's not super harsh like the STi is.

>CVT WRX
Just buy a damn v6 Camry if all you want is a "fast" "sporty" automatic sedan

Faggots. You oughta drive a corolla.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

You can get a new Mustang GT that will blow that piece of jap crap the fuck out and an interior that doesn't fall apart.

Op here again, I really should have mentioned that I am going to be putting on a Megaflow
Competition series exhaust system, cold air intake, and tune.

That is a just a little to expensive, also I need
something with 4 doors because of College

Do eet

Nice dude, my cousin makes 305 at the wheels on his 2015 with a cat back exhaust, intake, and tune.

After those and tires, you just need upgraded brakes and you're sitting on a beast of a car.

I bought my mustang gt premium for 31k. You can find base GTs sitting on lots for under 30k especially at the end of the month

>having friends
Why the fuck do you need 4 doors? The back seats in a Mustang are good enough for short trips. Or people could, gasp!, take their own shitbox.

>So I can sit in traffic all day cause I live in a city

Don't buy this car OP. Get something cheap and comfortable and buy this car to take it out of the city. All the horsepower in the world isnt going to make your 15mpg crawl to work any more fun

Was it new or used?
I had a bad experience with my first used car
where it broke down within 1000 miles of buying it.

I have bought only new cars ever since..

>I didn't do my due diligence
>all used cars are bad

Buy the car for you, not your friends.

>I'm also getting it in automatic because I live in a big city with lots of traffic.

No, you're getting it because your parents are shit and didn't teach you to drive a manual. Blame them for your cuckery.

OP here, just to let everyone know that i'm ignoring pretty much everyone
that is saying get a manual. Getting an automatic is my choice; I don't really give a fuck.
I know Veeky Forums will cry and bitch about anything automatic, so all comments are just disregarded.

You're still a faggot for not keeping your current car. You made a bad decision so you should live with it. It won't kill you to wait a while.

Pro-tip: the CVT has 8 programmed "gears" that you can change with dem flappy paddles. Reviewers say it's pretty good even for being a CVT

I made a bad decision so therefore I have to keep it?
What kind of logic is that?
I'm sorry i'm not completely poor and have freedom to buy what I like.

Yeah, I test drove it, it wasent that bad.

It's not a bad pick. So what color are you eyeballing?

No. You should keep it because rolling in the current loan with the next one will be a shitty deal.

I'm going to pick base white then add gloss back rims.
Plasti dip the black emblems + the chrome around the Subaru emblems.
And i'm going to buy stickers for the Subaru emblems that are white with black stars.

Brocidophilus

I'm not getting a loan, i'm putting full money down.
I also put full money down for the Veloster Turbo

oh, so you're a boyracer

kill yourself.

You can ignore the whole manual vs auto thing. To each his own, but we are advising you not to spend all this money on this type of car, just to sit in traffic.

Its not that boyracery, at least I don't have a spoiler.

>Buying American

>not buying American
It's like you don't even bang-for-buck.

Dude, I don't care what you get, it's your car, but the CVT in the WRXs are complete shit. You won't even be able to experience what those cars are about if you buy the gimped transmission.

Also, don't come here asking for advice and then ignore everyone. You obviously haven't made up your mind if you came to Veeky Forums go help you make a $30k purchase.

I'm not a manual purist, but I test drove the 2016 WRX with the automatic CVT and it was really underwhelming. It feels like your driving a faster than average Toyota Carola instead of a performance car with rally heritage. A manual MK7 GTI felt way more fun to drive even though it had less power. Even the BRZ "felt" faster even though it wasn't.

The stick is a must if you care at all about having a fun time driving. I can't remember if it's the same for the WRX CVT, but the CVT paddles in my 2016 Forester XT will shift for you if you try to hold a gear for too long.

In the WRX you can just move the stick to manual only and it'll hold redline as long as you're willing to put that much stress on the drivetrain. I do hope you used the sport mode on your test drive, because it's true that the base setting will feel very anemic; it's only really there for mpg reasons.

I'm in Canada and have been trying to decide on my next car. I'll share some of my research with you even though you're probably American:

>2016 Impreza WRX ~$30,000
>2016 Golf GTI (2 Door) ~$29,000
>2016 Impreza WRX STI ~$38,000
>2016 Golf R ~$40,000
(All base models)

The MK7 GTI is an awesome car, but for it to really be competitive with the other options it needs the limited slip differential that comes with the optional "performance pack." This raises the price to $37,000 for the 2-Door, and $38,000 for the 5-Door. Since the Golf R is $40,000, you're better off just paying the extra couple thousand and getting the way better model.

The 2016 WRX uses a relatively new 2.0 Subaru engine with a twin-scroll turbo charger. It makes roughly 270HP and has a decent amount of low-RPM torque (peak torque at 2000RPM!), making it fun to drive in the city. Fuel economy has also increased from "terrible" to "a little on the lower side of average."

The 2016 WRX STI is a bit of a dinosaur. It uses a nearly decade old 2.5 litre engine and hasn't really had any major performance enhancements over the years. The latest WRX almost has the same 0-60 time (270HP vs 305HP). The WRX STI is definitely a better performing vehicle, but for nearly $40,000 the Golf R seems to give a lot more for the money. People probably don't care about this, but it's worth noting that the STI also gets garbage fuel economy compared to the competition.

I'm still deciding myself, but right now I think the base model WRX is the best value for the money. Honestly, a lot of reviewers are saying that the current WRX is a significantly better buy than the current WRX STI.

So you're a retard.

>Veeky Forums, wat do
>stop telling me what to do lol aint care

It's not the 90s anymore.

I do care about everything you have to say.
I just don't care about the "Get the manual" comments specifically.
There have been some great posts about the WRX and it's competitors that are very helpful.

>landlocked
you know what this word means right

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_landlocked_U.S._states

> Fuel economy has also increased from "terrible" to "a little on the lower side of average."

I have a 16 WRX and Subaru has way underestimated the economy on these cars. With 93 octane I usually average around 26-28 mpg city and 30-34mpg highway. I took a trip for work last week which was 90% highway and averaged 36mpg. This is all assuming you are not hooning the shit out of the car. Maybe they used 91 for the econ testing?

the clutch is light in the new ones, don't get the auto.

in a city more wintery than Wisconsin and don't experience any of that at 100k besides the vent on the drivers side sometimes squeaking

Not sure how far into the future you are looking with this thing but no one is going to want a used CVT WRX. Your resale will be crap. Get the manual.

>buyer's remorse with the Hyundai
>talks about the Ecoboost Mustang

Those two cars seem to be the ones almost everybody regrets buying. People thing the Veloster Turbo will be fun like a GTI or Focus ST, but they are just turds when it comes to having any fun. And everybody who gets the Ecoboost Mustang never does the tons of work it needs to make power and wishes they got the V8 so it would be fast and still have a warranty.

Is that a CVT? If so, more buyer's remorse incoming.

Get a nice certified 2014-2015 Camry/Corolla/Civic/Accord/etc. for under 30k. Put the rest into an emergency fund and sleep on it.

>velostard turbo
>autotragic WRX

kill this fucker so my kids will have one less salvage WRX ad to file through on Craigslist in 20 years

An automatic.....

.....in a WRX....

Kill yourself you're the one who needs their teeth curb stomped. You deserve a pink automatic miata you fag.

So basically
Manual is too hard in the city for you
You need four doors because you have to drive my friends around
You want to tune it so it's super fast in the city that you can't drive manual in
AND you think the CVT is a great option

>this guy

>Automatic

Honestly famalam, it sounds like you'd be better off with a safe option like an automatic Camry or Civic, just save the extra money. Eventually when you decide you actually want a big boy car you can go through with it.

I'm so sorry I have it better off than you economically wise.
I hope that one day you will also be as financially secure as I.
Don't worry, you'll get there in the next 30 years.

>anons who have already bought new WRXs and STIs telling you get the stick and other aspects of the car

>no I have money you don't why would I listen to your opinion if it doesn't agree with mine?

What you're saying doesn't even make sense. Every retard I know working at auto zone or Napa auto parts has a new WRX, civic, or other rice mobile.

They are not that expensive.

Stop being a retard and get a manual car. It's not that bad in traffic if you're not a fucking retard.

Sadly a miata makes more sense. It's small. Fits in a city well. Etc.

Even a small 2 door hatchback makes more sense. You're a dumb fuck.

Just get a prius and leave this place forever you nu male cuck.

The title of your thread is "Convince a Retard" and your now ignoring all the posts and advice calling you a retard.

>Ignorance is bliss

It's sad if you really do have money like you claim that you are too retarded to listen to people telling you better options.

Please get that 4 cylinder mustang since all you care about is looks. Your yuppie friends will think it's cool and you can tell the dumb women that ecoboost makes it safe for the environment and since it's not fast it won't scare them.

I swear to god some of the shit on this board sometimes...

>Pic related is probably how you make decisions.

>I will curb stomp your teeth

I own an STi dumbass, but go ahead and keep talking shit to people who own the car you want and are giving you advice. Don't get a fucking auto or else you'll have another episode of buyers regret.

Also, WRXs aren't even expensive, and the auto is what, one grand more? Cmon man.

If you wanna rip out the biggest performance/muhfeels piece that differentiates the WRX from your generic Altima with a rubber band transmission, go ahead nobody is stopping you from being a college fuckboy with more money than brains.

But don't go making retarded threads like these if you know what Veeky Forums's reaction is going to be to your shitty opinions and ignorance.

Holy shit, I have created more rage than I expected.

Jokes on you; I actually own an authentic fedora from the 1920's

You actually have electric retard images saved. Wow.

Enough said folks.