Comfy Daily 2.0

(Since the last thread got slid off the board by a certain frogposting nigger)

Sup Veeky Forums, I've been test driving various cars, trucks, and SUVs out trying to find the most comfy vehicle that I could easily get in and out of.

I was originally looking at Volvo, but they're virtually nonexistany on the used market where I live, so I started taking a look elsewhere.

So far I've narrowed down the list to...
>Toyota Rav4
>Toyota Tacoma
>Lexus NX
>GMC Canyon
>GMC Terrain
>Ford Escape
>Ford Explorer
>Buick Encore
>Buick Envision

Alternatively I can ditch all that, and get a free 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. But it'll need a new battery, body work, tires, and transmission rebuild. I was leaning towards the Tacoma, Rav4, and Canyon simply because I can do more with those and they're cheaper than most of the other vehicles. I also won't look like an old person/woman driving the Tacoma or Canyon.

That said, I've test driven most of these (except the Envision, it's not out yet) and I've found the NX, Canyon, Rav4, and Explorer to be the most comfy. With a tie between the Canyon and NX for max comfy.

>inb4 woman
>inb4 get a civic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=esvfVAmrCnw
youtube.com/watch?v=6tNv-3vmllU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that you with the sickness that gives you a lot of pain? I forgot the details but I remember that fluffy dog picture.

Probably another disabled user, but I do have pilonidal cysts in conjunction with spinal damage from an accident.

Yeah, it was those cysts, someone argued that you were a fatass at you in the last thread.

permanently butthurt

Yep, that's me.

I'm not fat, I just lost the genetic lottery.

I embrace the anal annihilation

Well, if you don't mind buying new, Toyota's bringing out a new version of the Rav4 with the same hybrid tech they use in the Prius. That shit be ballin. You'll have to wait a year or so though.

I was planning on buying new anyways, with the exception being for some luxury cars. Those I'd buy 1-2 years old so the initial depreciation is gone.

Was somebody spamming again? The boards been nuked.

Then go for an XLE Hybrid. It's going to be the most maintenance-free of all of those and most likely satisfy the most in the long run.

yup. Alphonse was at it again.

OP, the comfiest car you listed there is the Buick Envision. Take a look at those.
>dat god-tier 2.0L Ecotec Turbo.

I'm just worried about hybrids. The Camry that I drive needs a second battery replacement now, and it's not even at 230k miles yet.
It looks nice, but they aren't for sale, and they're a little bit more expensive than the rest (about $6k more).

Yeah, unfortunately. Mods need to get their shit together.

Tried one of these, comfy ride but it was hard getting in and out.

Very confused. I literally sell Toyotas, hybrid RAV4s are for sale right now. In high demand, but if you have to order one it takes 6-8 weeks. They are currently in production. I have drove and sold them myself.

I'm talking about the Buick Envision.

The Buick Envision has been causing a stir recently. It's built in China and then shipped here. People have bitched at GM for this and said "why not build it here" and GM's answer was actually logical, not that people actually listen.

It would cost millions to build a new plant in America to produce enough for the demand. Money-wise, it isn't worth it t do that since the Envision wouldn't sell enough to cover the cost of the plant and the existing plant in China making them is far from at capacity anyways.

TL;DR Republicans making way too big a deal out of where its built.

We buy shit made in China all the time so what's the big deal?

Meh, it doesn't matter to me that much honestly. Until we can bring our labor back home, there's no getting away from buying shit made overseas. A lot of the things on my list are made in Korea, Japan, Mexico, etc.

That said, I would prefer to buy something made in America simply for helping jobs stay here and not get shipped overseas.

One last thing before I fall asleep.

I test drove the Jeep Renegade and quite liked the Trailhawk with the leather seats. My problem is that it's a Fiat, and I've heard lots of problems with them. Should I not even bother with it?

The 1.4L Turbo engine has proven reliable and the Trail Hawk is the only Renegade model that's actually off-road capable. Nice choice.

THAT IS THE CUTEST PUPPY PICTURE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

It was pretty comfy overall, the ride was quite nice and it's about the perfect height to slip easily in and out without my ass or back killing me. Also the different road settings were pretty great in terms of helping keep the ride smooth. It's also pretty much cheaper than any other car that I was looking at.

I have heard good things about Fiat's engines, but my fear is the electronics. I'll be buying it under warranty and new, so should I not worry? Even while having unreliable electronics, from my uncle who owns a Fiat/Jeep dealership that the fixes are typically cheap and easy.

I'm getting a new pupper that looks like it. My current pupper is a little lonely and clingy.

Someone replace its eyes with Twingo headlights.

bump

Expand your search radius and get a s80

There's a 2014 with 20k miles for $20k nearby. I test drove a new one, but like any other sedan I had pain getting in and out.

So I've been shopping all day, and I've narrowed my list down a bit further

>Toyota Rav4 (Non-hybrid)
>Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
>GMC Canyon
>Ford Escape
>Ford F-150

All of these are around $28k for configurations that I drove, and were comfy. I could afford an entry-level luxury car, but I'm a little wary of cost in the long run. The F-150 was the cheapest of the bunch, and was pretty comfy with upgraded interior. But it's only a single cab and I probably prefer to have an extended cab like the Canyon. The Canyon and Renegade were the comfiest on the test drives. I'm still a little wary of FCA quality though.

Should I expand my search to include luxury cars again, or are people overstating the cost of ownership for Volvos, Lexuses, Mercedes, etc? I'm going to be out all day today, so I can hop over to any other dealership. Right now I'm at a Toyota/Lexus dealership, and the salesman is trying to get me to test drive a 4Runner.

Test drove a 4Runner, Highlander, Lexus NX 200t, Lexus ES 350.

I don't know where to go next. All of these were a little out of my price point, but they felt considerably nicer than the others which I've driven thus far (sans Canyon, that still seems to be the best right now).

What dealership should I go to next? I was thinking of swinging by the Ford/Lincoln/Volvo place next, either that or the Buick/GMC place again and see what they've got.

There's also a place nearby with a used 2015 GLK for dirt cheap because loldepreciation.

Just left the Ford/Lincoln/Volvo dealership

The fully-loaded Escape was pretty god damn comfy, easy to get in and out of, and came with a lot of shit. The base model MKC didn't have nearly as many technical features but it made that up with an extremely nice interior and a bit softer ride. The Ford Fusion Sport with the 2.7 Ecoboost V6 had a lot more umpf than pretty much any other vehicle I tested thus far, and the ride was pretty great. Cooled seats helped my buttpain quite a lot. But like any other sedan I drove it was difficult to get in and out even with the seat raised all the way up. The Explorer was nice, but it was way too large. The Volvo XC70 and XC90 were both pretty great, but they're both very fucking expensive. The interiors were the best I've seen in a car in... forever. Very clean, extremely comfy, and everything just felt right. The XC90 was the comfiest car that I've driven over the past few weeks, but it's nearly $20k out of budget for the R-Design leather seats and packages that were so wonderful. The F-150 with all the packages I wanted would amount to the same price at the XC90.

Right now, I'm looking at...

>Ford Escape
>Ford Fusion Sport
>Lincoln MKC (base model)
>Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
>GMC Canyon
>Toyota Rav4
>Volvo XC70

I'm leaning between the Escape and Canyon right now. When I go out tomorrow, are there any dealerships I should check out? Cadillac? Mercedes?

>The Ford Fusion Sport with the 2.7 Ecoboost V6 had a lot more umpf than pretty much any other vehicle I tested thus far,
2 turbochargers will do that.

>When I go out tomorrow, are there any dealerships I should check out? Cadillac? Mercedes?
Cadillac and Buick for sure. No one does comfort like the Americans.

Look at the Cadillac ATS, Buick Regal, and Buick LaCrosse.

There's also the recently released Buick Cascada if you're into convertibles.

kill yourself, you fucking faggot

Ladies first.

Minus the Cascada, I was looking at pretty much every one of those. How about the Encore? I've seen a few older folks drive those, and while I was unable to test drive one the last time I went to a Buick dealership, I did sit in it for about 20 minutes.

I know it's an Opel Mokka with a little nicer interior, but I also hear they're updating it this summer with new styling and a few added premium features not found on the current model.

Goodnight Veeky Forums

I'll be taking a look at Audi, Buick, and Cadillac tomorrow. The Audi A3, A3 Sporttrac, and Q3 are pretty affordable, so I'll see how they ride.

Morning fags

My elderly neighbor recommended a Nissan Altima because of some "zero gravity seats". What the fuck is that? Should I look at Nissan? My mother has replaced her Murano's CVT twice and I'm more wary of them than even FCA vehicles.

Only if it's a Twingo.

I test drove a 2016 Tacoma last month. Great truck. Not comfortable for me at all. Most comfy vehicle i've ever been in was a Mercury.

Update

Went to Cadillac, everything was expensive. Audi wasn't too bad, and the Q3 was comfy... but it's also expensive. Mercedes and BMW were a little less expensive since I didn't need to add basic features like in the Audi. The GLK-350 is cheap, and a fully-loaded 2015 model with 3k miles is $29k. It was super ducking comfy, and it even had the Bluetec Turbodiesel. Going back to the Jeep place next to try a few of their models.

Test drove 2 GLK350s. One with the Bluetec and the other with the standard V6.

My. Fucking. God. The thing went over speed bumps and didn't fucking move. I think I found what I'm looking for.

I'll still look around, but god dayum this was nice.

Bump

Went to a Subaru dealership, nothing was comfy besides the Forester... and I don't want a Forester.

Right now
>GLK 350 Bluetec or V6
>GMC Canyon extended cab
>Ford Escape
>Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
>Toyota Rav4
>Volvo XC70

The GLK is fucking fantastic, but I'm worried about buying a luxury car.

Have you considered getting a used full-size truck? Maximum comfy.

For a full-sized truck with the nicer interior, I'm looking at $40k-$50k

Any recommendations?

How was Buick?

Going there tomorrow after physical therapy. I took too long at PT today and only made it to Cadillac and Subaru today. Going to Buick, GMC, Chebby, and Kia tomorrow. Possibly Hyundai if I have time.

Planning to take a look at these models tomorrow.

>Buick LaCrosse
>Buick Encore
>GMC Terrain
>GMC Canyon (again, different models of it)
>GMC Sierra 1500
>Chebby Malibu
>Chebby Equinox
>Chebby Silverado 1500 (dealer has 4 different special edition vehicles they want me to try)
>Kia Soul
>Kia Sportage
>Kia Optima

I have to get up early for tomorrow. It's gonna be a long fucking day. I'm extremely surprised of how the dealerships are letting me come and go through and test drive all these vehicles like this. I guess they all really want a sale.

While looking at Buicks, also check out the Regal and the Verano.

Will do

Thanks familia.

I'd imagine that the Lexus would have the softest ride of all the cars listed, being marketed as a luxury car.
Though not having driven any of them I can't give much more advice than to say that big wheels (or rather, low-profile tires) stiffen the ride noticeably.

I know you haven't mentioned planning to check them out, but take a look at Acura when you can. For the 2016 model year, they fixed the ILX. The 2.0L and hybrids are gone making the 2.4L the only engine. The 6 speed manual and archaic 5 speed automatic are gone, both replaced with an all new, brilliant, 8 speed dual clutch automatic.
youtube.com/watch?v=esvfVAmrCnw

And then there's the new TLX with the same glorious dual clutch automatic.
youtube.com/watch?v=6tNv-3vmllU

Good afternoon

Currently at Chebby wrapping it up, and heading to GMC/Buick after lunch. My dealership had 4 special edition Silverados, including some Realtree Camo one that I feel bad for liking. It was extremely rednecky, but also comfy as fuck. They had a few other ones that were just blacked-out packages or had Avalanche-style rears. The Cruz surprisingly was more comfortable than the Malibu. The Equinox felt "meh" overall, and was a little expensive.

Went to GMC, tried the Canyon w/Duramax and god damn... it was great. It was on-par with comfort-level on the GLK 350. It's also slightly more expensive for the 4WD version, but if I got the 2WD version it'd come out the same.

The Terrain felt similar to the Equinox. Just "meh" in general with nothing particularly special. Checked out pretty much the entire Buick lineup, found that the LaCrosse rode surprisingly high for a sedan and wasn't too bad to get in and out of. The Encore is one of the more affordable things on the list, perfect height, pretty quiet ride, but it wasn't nearly as comfortable as the GLK, Canyon, LaCrosse, NX, etc. Ruled out the Verano and Regal.

Went to the adjacent Kia membership and test drove quite a few of their models. The Soul was... surprisingly nice. I was wondering why I've seen a lot of old people driving them around my area and I was actually pretty impressed by the ride quality. For a fully-loaded Soul it would be nearly $7k less than the GLK. The Sportage was nice, but the only options which come with the shit I want are NEARLY FOURTY-THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Don't know at this point my brain is saying to get a truck but my heart is saying to get the GLK. It's quite an upgrade, having my first personally-owned car being a fucking GLK 350, but I feel any truck, both FS and MS would last just a bit longer. From all the research I've done, the BlueTEC turbodeisel is fucking bulletproof, and of all the Merc models to get the GLK is one of the longest-lasting and easiest/cheapest to maintain.

If I bought a truck I could feel like a true Texan as well. I'd be the first member of my shitty cuck family to drive a truck since the 70's.

So right now my top pick is the GLK.

But fuck me if I don't feel comfortable with buying a Mercedes. It's either that, the GMC Canyon, or spend an additional $5k-$10k on a nice full-sized pickup.

What the fuck do I do now?