/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

BR edition

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/

Drops on August 2nd

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.

legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgvMpm9z0TI
youtube.com/watch?v=Vml5shGhxwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>battleye

I would have taken fucking punkbuster

Reddit is happy for it I dont know why it will possibly make things worse

is it really that bad? i never played arma or dayz

I don't LIKE that my girl Frost gets her c4 taken away and the two latest ops now have theirs

Frostfriends, we gotta do something

Shes still fine

ubisoft doesn't care do they?
>release op operators
>don't nerf them for a whole season
> more semi auto shotgun shit
>give nitro to every operator, making shields worthless
>update pulse effectively making him a must pick
>other operators get nothing
>anti cheat in general
>ranked in general
>new operators make defense a 5 man roaming shotgun squad
>high ranking fags in casual shitting up the place
>esports that have a little over a thousand people watching
>balancing around esports
>knifing not registering
>smokes don't work
I love this game but damn

I hope the remove all nitro cell from the game.

Japanese operators info when?

>people complaining BOPE will be """non-lethal"""
>crossbow man has a fucking incendiary crossbow designed to suffocate people and a fucking m249
>the defender uses the "non-lethal stuff" to torture attacker locations out of captured ops
seems about right to me

it doesn't ban when it detects cheats, just prevents them from playing while cheats are detected. so whenever a cheater notices they can't play they just readjust shit until they can.

I want now

I dont get why people bitch so much about shotguns

Its like in BF3 where you would get banned for using them.

Balancing shotguns is a fucking nightmare

How do you know the crossbow uses incendiary bolts?

Have a Brazilian operator, /r6g/

they told us you goof

>Interrogator not called Inquisitor

Who's ready to keep snapping quick 180° turns every 5 seconds as attacker

>new ops make 5 man roaming squad
fuck i'll take that on offense. let them do it. i'll just go to the objective and cap it
>high ranking fags in casual
what would you have them do, say only players this bad or worse can play casual
>balancing around esports
the meta is very similar in casual and pro league, changes that would hurt non comp play are kept to custom serves, such as 3 minute time or the hud settings for esl
>little over a thousand people watch esl
gifu vs. penta final has 34k views on youtube
>knifes not registering
they do about as well as bullets, the slower the rpm the more noticeable it gets
>smokes don't work
they are client sided, throw multiple in the same place to increase the odds of you blocking the enemie's view

I dont even care if the m249 is shit

I love the damn thing

i just want a good lmg, all the ones including tachanka's lmg are shit

>consulate
>typical bandit trick setup
>broke headphones yesterday
>running off tv audio
>hear the plant come down
>coming to the left
>put it on left
>nothing
>panic put it on middle
>die while putting down second battery
for all those wondering how somebody could possibly die to an exothermic, this is a common one, fucking up the trick

I never actually died from the charge when fucking the trick up, always downed thanks to rook

xth for anime

>implying trained operatives would break down and give up the info after what is most likely will be a few seconds of torture
speaking of immersion, what's your opinion on the upcoming realistic mode?

You need to remember that (guesstimate) two thirds of the player base are on consoles. Shotguns are disproportionately way more effectively on console than on PC, due to the restraints on accuracy that come with a controller.

You get a lot of bitching because it's a pain in the ass here in console land. I know cause I use shotties. They make for good times.

>no more marking enemies
indirect buff to droning and valk cams
what's your opinion on the angled grip?

battleye has issues sending your data and files back to their servers, their response is "if you don't trust us then don't use us lol!"

>premade teamkiller groups that kill you, then votekick you if you try to kick them
They need to either take the ability to hurt teammates out of the game (considering its a pointless fucking mechanic that I've literally never seen happen by actual accident) or institute permabans.

i was in a solo-queu casual and i figured bandit was more important than rook

Fuck this matchmaking, so tired of having a non-game every time cause some fucking mlg pro wipes our team by himself.

repeated teamkilling is eventually a perma ban in ranked, and i think the next dlc will institute similar changes to casual, ubi has said they plan on putting punishments for consistent tk's.

there's little to matchmake when you have barely enough players to begin with.

is there a video of these

I hope they fucking like looking at monster girls and reactions images becasue that is all they would get.

I wouldnt mind them sending our data IF THEY BATTLEYE COULD CATCH HACKERS

>he doesn't use thatcher's ar33

>it's been half a year since ubisoft ruined ranked by turning it into casual+

>they're finally adding hardcore mode

oh my FUCKING GOD

>he doesn't use Buck

what change specifically do you think ruined ranked?

youtube.com/watch?v=kgvMpm9z0TI

>When do a comeback victory against a premade of clan fags

so playing with a mic is mandatory now

Post your clutch faces

I can't hear other players on voice chat, but they can hear me. Anyone else having this issue?

Ubisoft RB6 Siege Priorities List

Hey guys, we really need to increase the "health" of the game so people stay long term, what can we do?

>how about we buff the 6 or so operators, and re-balance the severely OP and/or overpicked Operators, so all 24 characters in the game are equally viable choices instead of always choosing the same 5-7 attackers only?

Nah jim, jim, you aren't listening to me. We need to increase the HEALTH of the game. Our first step to do that is to buff Pulse. Pulses gadget just isn't... How do I say it... Good? I personally find it unfun.

>Actually sir, the data we have suggests that Pulse is picked as often as he is not, on both consoles and PC. In fact, his pick rate is almost close to perfect

No Jim, you aren't listening to me. We need to make Pulse BETTER, you hear me? Pulse isn't that good. I don't like him, and as Director, I'm saying we are buffing pulse

>Just wanted you to know the data says we should maybe look at characters like Tachanka or Rook, who are almost never picked, as they are

Fuck off Tachanka is fine, please stop talking unless you have something CONSTRUCTIVE to add. Criticizing my decisions is not constructive and will only result in a Pulse not getting a much needed buff

[fast forward to today]
[pulse is now the most picked operator on Xbox One and PS4]
[he is picked more often than thermite]

JUST ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL BALANCING JOB RIGHT JIM?

>picked more often than Thermite
lol these guys don't know what they're fucking doing

it helps your team a lot if you use it alright

>rook
>never picked
fuck i'm sorry that everybody you play with/against is that shit

It didn't particularly RUIN ranked. I was overreacting.

But some time after the release of the game, Ranked mode received an "overhaul" that essentially turned it into Casual minus the killcams.

Before this patch, Ranked mode did not contain the following:

- Score indicators. If you did something that earned you points, you had to keep track of it, no little +100 popup to tell you that you did it. The main reason I dislike it is that it tells you exactly when you injure someone, which is honestly a stupid idea, knowing if someone is on the ground without ANY visual confirmation besides a score indicator.

- Kill cams. They let you see exactly where the enemy is. Say goodbye to your cheeky spot, you will have to move out of there since the whole enemy team knows that you're using it now.

- Teammate outlines. They're not THAT useful, but having them off forces communication between teammates so that they know which avenues to cover, and not to blow each other's heads off.

Here's some footage of Reddit's favorite Quebecois tutorial maker playing Ranked at launch:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vml5shGhxwo

Yes anime.

>hardcore mode
For custom game modes though

honestly the change in tone between casual and ranked is enough for me, people get super tryhard in ranked but are pretty chill in casual
at launch most people where mentally handicapped though and there was no real reason not to peak spawn because people never checked for window peakers.

>awful string of luck earlier featuring twinked accounts with like 4.0 win loss rations in ranked before level 10 and diamond tier tryhards in casual
>don't play for a few hours
>earlier
>decide I don't want to leave it on a bad note, decide to get at least one good round in
>matched against a full 5 man premade of level 120+ guys
>we get one
>they win two rounds in a row
>all four of my teammates leave
>next match
>spawn into one in progress
>some guy on my team starts poking me with a pistol, downs me, then someone else on the team kills me
>get teamkilled immediately at the start of the next round after putting down a rook armor case and teabagged before they votekick me

The game is fine. The people playing it are the problem here. It's getting to the point where I'm considering selling the game (a first for me) just so I don't have to deal with these people anymore and have to put my boyfriend though my whiny complaints about them..

Sorry I meant to say Montagne, fuck. I'm a little drunk so sometimes I fuck up my posts.

>Buck is my most played op

What can they possibly add to Hardcore, really?

>entire game balanced around spotting mechanics and drones and shit
>people already die in literally 2 bullets

Give us a new game mode. Give us a VIP mode where the Defenders have to protect a hostage like VIP, where they can move him around to any one of potential rooms within a *zone* - and can move him in real time (If attackers spot him with a drone, you can move him to a new spot)

JUST GIVE US ANYTHING FUCK

Pulse is becoming such a fucking problem. Literally a library of information. Every game is hunting down the Pulse. He was a mistake to add to the game.

That's for custom game modes only

I like hunting him down as Blitz. I always start on the top floor and look for him.

Beep beep beep CLICK RIIIIIP TOSSING C4

at least the defenders have a VIP guy like Thermite now

I could never do well as Pulse, by the way

Who fucking knew removing the red from pulse would cause this much problems

Balance it like blacklight retribution and put it on a timer

Or return pulse to his previous heartbeat sensor, but double the intervals on the scanner???

I don't know why they didn't do that at the start.

>mfw started to play pulse exclusively on defending plane since the buff
i never really played pulse before, now i can't get enough of him

>>>/reddit/

>nobody uses barb wire because it can't get kills
>nobody uses deployable cover except to vault into spots
>ubi adds nitro on half the defense team
What gaget should they add for defense? Ladder?

They should have nerfed Nitro back in the beta so it's not just a fucking grenade.

They should also give Defender recruits 2 wall reinforcements, so I can play a game of 5 recruits with 15 barbed wires everywhere.

Make wall reinforcement a gadget, also sort of nerf to thermite. Also remove the sound from nitro and make it not throwable.

the problem is that nitro is the only guaranteed counter for shields.

inb4 just flank him braaah :^) it doesn't work like that

You can headshot shields from the front, no need for counter.

They should have made Nitrocells have a delay from being activated so you can't use them as grenades, so you genuinely have to use them like a trap (on doorways, in nooks and crannies, etc) - would have made characters like IQ and Twitch super useful, as they could scout for nitro before going in.

Actually using them like a planted IED instead of a grenade that requires you to stay alive for a guaranteed kill.

As it is right now it's just a "Kill Shield Fuccbois" - Free Card.

I was sarcastic, just pointing out that shields are bad and unreliable

How can Ubi save this game from dying?

>it's another 'bunch of randoms versus a clan stack with higher ranks' episode
>it's the only episode

I don't know who anyone is but Skullface McTwomacs is my new waifu

By firing the current whatever guy is leading this project and hiring someone who will

>balance updates based on the needs of the player base
>use data driven arguments to determine who gets a buff/nerf
>strive to make all 24(26 soon) characters in the game a viable choice
>embrace things like FBI Shield Recruit instead of nerfing it because "LOL fuck people are choosing recruit for some reason"
>able to see things like Blackbeard as being OP and just objectively not fucking fun

As it is right now the game went from a diverse roster of tactics and strategies to "LOL ROAMING" 24/7. We need to go back to being able to secure the objective room and make it an impenetrable fortress.

>>use data driven arguments to determine who gets a buff/nerf
ZSTOP
this leads to balance by numbers, which always results in a case of good on paper, shit in practice

Please explain in what way how using the communities pick rate, across all 3 platforms the game exists on, could result in "shit in practice" scenarios?

What is better than the objective data of the entire community that shows whether or not a character is even being used, or used too much, to determine if they are too good or too bad?

I've been saying this but I doubt they will do this. Increase the delay from arming the detonating the nitro. This gives the attacker time to shoot the nitro discouraging the defender from using it as a ghetto grenade.

Another step is that you can decrease the beeping noise to encourage it as a trap instead of a grenade.

Another step is that when you have a shield, you can do decreased damage. A full health shield can block some of the damage from a certain distance maybe.

shields can also headshot you while you're trying to headshot him..

3 breaching charges can now destroy a reinforcement

Thoughts?

Because they don't test afterwards, they just adjust to match numbers, without checking why the numbers are like that, and call it a day. Say no one picks blackbeard because everyone suddenly decides not to be a cunt, now the numbers show low pickrates for blackbeard, thus a buff. A hypothetical, but there are real examples, recently tf2 had an obnoxious unlockable bomb launcher, but because the main one is more bread and butter everyone picked that. To compensate they buffed the unlockable one to be even more obnoxious and removed it's major downside of bombs fizzling out after a few seconds.

>most ops can take out one reinforcement
>now literally zero reason to actually defend
>Cops and Roamers intensifies

or just make the nitro larger and "heavier" so it not only doesn't fly so far, but is also easier to shoot in flight.

>taking away the only way to kill Memetagne

No. Just add another character to the game who can destroy reinforcements, but a different way.

Ideally the game should feature 3 different characters who deal with reinforced walls - Thermite gets his two charges that create the biggest holes - Add a character who can use an RPG or something to shoot a vaultable size only hole from a distance and he only gets one of those (ignores Mute but Bandit destroys it) - give him Thermites breaching charges.

Add a third character who can poke murder holes in reinforced walls, and now you have a balanced roster.

Increase arm time of Nitrocells so they can't be grenades, and reduce beeping (Indirect buff to IQ + Twitch). Make Tachanka a hard counter to shields, multiple hits on the shield makes them do the melee "knock back" animation. Tachanka 1 hit breaks blackbeards fucking OP shield. Give Tachanka BB face shield on his turret, hard counters are Glaz, Ash, Frags and using a drone to see where he is and accounting for it (breaching the floor above and shooting down on him)

Leave Castles wall barricades as is, but give him 6 of them.

Make Montagne take significantly less explosive damage while the shield is deployed, and can survive a Kapkan trap (receives 60 damage)

Increase Blitz's flash range on shield, reduce head hitbox because holy shit this is still a problem 9 months in.

Memetane has a low pick rate because of nitro. they should change his 357 into a 44 and make his gaget toggle-able

Just axe The Division already and move all the funding and support to Siege.

>5k players on Steam
>actual dead games have 20% of that

i'm glad ubi doesn't listen to you idiots

Personally I'd like to see Blitz have a 2 in mobility (giving him a chance to run away from C4) and Montagne have the capability to block/take diminished damage from the front when his shield is extended.

In any case, it seems jewbisoft is too retarded to give the shield operators the buffs they need.

>Because they don't test afterwards, they just adjust to match numbers,
Which, objectively, gives a worse result than we get now - because they literally aren't analyzing fucking ANYTHING AT ALL, which is why Pulse got a buff.

You can't use them being potentially incompetent as a valid argument because they can be as equally as incompetent without that data - and then they'll be applying it to people who don't need it rather than the ones who do.

>Say no onepicks Blackbeard because everyone suddenly decides not to be a cunt
Data literally does not work like that. That literally never happens.

>A hypothetical, but there are real examples, recently tf2 had an obnoxious unlockable bomb launcher, but because the main one is more bread and butter everyone picked that. To compensate they buffed the unlockable one to be even more obnoxious and removed it's major downside of bombs fizzling out after a few seconds.

Not familiar with this, but factors need to be taken into account such as
>How accessible is it? Is the data being analysized based on the population who have access to it, or also including those who don't have access as "not picking it" despite the fact they can't
>what situations does the launcher prove useful - is it exceptionally good in only one situation and shit the rest of the time?

Such things are taken into account and, yeah, maybe they buff the thing so it's even better. If you had a gun that could only kill 1 of the characters but did 0 damage to the other 8 characters, you better make that gun fucking good.

>jewbisoft is too retarded
No, shields just slow gameplay down. Esports is all about high-speed roaming, and the new incoming grip is designed to make it even faster.

>fuck, we have this great original concept of a game, what should we do?
>market it like CSGO
>fuck, our original game is still holding on but esports aren't catching on, what should we do?
>turn it into Call of Duty

>Data literally does not work like that. That literally never happens.
ok, say no one picks pulse because he's niche and there are more straightforward options, so they buff him into an obnoxious wallhacker with C4
>>How accessible is it? Is the data being analysized based on the population who have access to it, or also including those who don't have access as "not picking it" despite the fact they can't
they check equip rate among those that own it, and even third party backpack checkers can easily check this
>what situations does the launcher prove useful - is it exceptionally good in only one situation and shit the rest of the time?
It basically removed the ability to lay traps but improved it's ability to spam. The default can spam and lay traps, so people go with that instead. Now you don't need to play the game to imagine that bomb spam can get annoying. So they buff the spammer to be able to lay traps, and spam quicker, and a slight damage buff
Of course if a competent team mixes numbers with testing, it can result in great balance, but do you trust the morons who thought the semi autos and blackbeard were a good idea?

We have this same conversation every time in this thread.

>no one picks Pulse
But people were picking Pulse. Pulses data showed that he was almost perfectly balanced. Literally had a 10% pick rate, the perfect "This character is balanced" pick rate you could strive for. And they buffed him, over people with 5% rates or even 1% rates.

>but do you trust the morons who thought the semi autos and blackbeard were a good idea?
But the point is that the entire development team is clearly incompetent. Not only are they not using data, they are not even using common sense in the community to determine who is broken or underwhelming.

if you noticed I didn't call for them to just blindly look at data, I outright said to fire the person in charge and replace him with someone who both analyzes player feedback and objective data of the Operators (ie Pick Rate, Win Rate, K/D, etc) - because the monkeys in charge can not do anything right.

>he doesn't use Thermite's M1014 on Plane

>operators with barb wire now have 3 instead of 2. Bandit gets 4

Fair?