Does Veeky Forums have pets?

Does Veeky Forums have pets?

How do you safely transport them in your car without fucking up the interior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yM3XS7HAxc
youtube.com/watch?v=ynARIUDll-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Put a blanket or several towels on the seat

i drove around with ny family's small dog it knew how to sit in the seat so she wouldnt fly around when i drive fast

I haven't taken the family dog in my car, but when it's taken places in my mum's car, a towel or two are placed on the seat, and then this thing is attached to it's harness and then put in the seat belt latch

you use the harness so if you have to stop suddenly, you don't choke your dog like you would with a collar.

the dog is quite good. she just sits on the seat and occasionally looks out the window

FF_CCSa1F?

I don't know what you are on about so no

put down a towel. My dog lays down when in the car and only moves or makes a sound when he needs to go out.

very well behaved little dog.

I just put a towel down on my passenger seat so my doggo doesn't shed all over it. As long as your pet doesn't jump around like crazy or decide your car is a good place to pee that should be enough to keep your interior clean.

Pic related, shit tier pic quality but it's one I happened to have.

I have a harness that goes on the dog, with a loop on the back that a seatbelt goes through, and then clicks in and tightens up.
I use this for pic related in the back of my jeep. When I take the back seat out I still use it, just don't tighten it up to where she can move a little more, yet stay restrained.
If I get in to a wreck the last thing I want is to be smashed in the back of the head by 60+ lbs of dog.

>not having a dog
Also I own an '01 shitbox so I don't really give a fuck.
Throwing a towel down if you have a nice car is a good idea. Just be prepared to vacuum regularly.

>How do you safely transport them in your car without fucking up the interior?

Strap them on to the roof of the car.

5312X2988 and you call this shit quality! go hang yourself user!

Ute.

>safely

There's more to quality than resolution, you dumbo. A billion pixels won't help you if it's blurry as shit.

ITT shit owners
>not keeping your doggo safe and secure in the event of an accident

my lab took a shower with my every morning because she was strange, so I never had to worry about having a towel down in the car to keep things clean.

She sat in the passenger seat, and usually just rested her head on the sill staring out the window. I just felt bad she had no seat belt or anything. I tried for years to get her to sit in the foot well so that if I had a rapid stop or accident she would be safe, but trying to get a dog to not look out a car window is impossible.

These things are pretty common in Germany. Come in many different shapes and sizes but it's always an aluminium cage taking up half of the rear of the wagon.

Tie a rope to the ute.

>bathing your dog everyday
This strips the natural oils in thier fur, and dries out thier skin. Harnesses are also available that hook to your seat belt.

I never said I shampooed her every day, just that she got a shower. I had a walk in shower and she would cry or whimper if i closed the bathroom door, it was absolutely pitiful, so i just sort of stopped doing that. She would just sit in the corner of the shower and paw at the water.

She was only shampooed weekly with a oatmeal hydrating shampoo : she had kidney issues and had some itchy skin as a result. The scratching in the shower and everything she really liked, i assume the hot water also helped.

How can you look at a crying sad lab and not just bend to their will?

Total overkill, might as well just install a barrier behind the rear seats (where you can then mount a removable right angle divider to still have some cargo room left).

That will last about 10 minutes before some SJW cunt films it and "reports" you.

youtube.com/watch?v=2yM3XS7HAxc

i have a clean dog and i vacuum

Just the water alone is enough to cause damage, most experts recommend bathing no more than once a month.
Labs are water dogs and if they readily have access to it then dry, itchy skin is a very common result.
>How can you look at a crying sad lab and not just bend to their will?
The same way I refuse them people food like onions and garlic. I know it's poisonous to a dog even if they dont, so I make responsible decisions.

its sort of moot now. She had a good 17 year run, but the kidney disease finally beat her about 2 years ago.

She was on a hand full of medicine, getting sub-cu fluids every few days. I kept doing that until she stopped wanting to do anything. It was like a light switch, wanting to go on a walk 2 days before, to not eating, not moving. Just sitting there crying. Hands down was the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life, but when I get to that point, I hope someone is there to do the same for me.

>finally beat her about 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, pet loss is a very difficult time indeed.

I've wanted another furry shadow, but cannot bring myself to actually go get one. I feel guilty for it, I even feel obligated to adopt another. And right now being a full time student + working full time + commute, I cannot dedicated the time and companionship a dog (or even another human) needs.

She was a last day rescue from a shelter, no one wanted her because she was full of energy. I know that IF I get another, ill do the same thing.

i have a great dane and a siberian husky

>safely

I have a tahoe so both dogs can stand up or lay down comfortably with the back seats down. they can do that with the back seats up too, but they like sticking their heads out the windows. not the safest approach, but unless you're putting a seatbelt around your pet, you're no safer than me.

>without fucking up the interior

lel. if you're allergic to dog hair, don't get in my car. the husky makes it pretty impossible to keep spotless. i'll open all the windows on the highway every now and then to blow the big chucks out.

Wagon, in the back with a ribber moulded floor protector thingy.

Or in the front, with a leather seat cover and put the seat belt on him.

>ameritards can't even walk their dogs

Dog sitting an ancient ass English bulldog this weekend. Didn't really have to worry about him moving around so I just put a blanket over the seat.

>the fuck is on on his nose

>the fuck is on on his nose

Have the owner take it to the vet. It could be as simple as allergies but could also be a bad infection, fungus, maybe even cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=ynARIUDll-0

What a fucking idiot.

It is spring time in Oregon and the owner said he was pretty abused before he got him. Whatever I need one now...

These SJW cunts are seriously deranged. I left my dogs in the car for about 10 minutes on a 65 degree overcast day with the windows open. When I came back out some SJW had left a note on my car saying it was too hot out and she would call the cops on me. I waited around outside my car for about 5 minutes hoping she would have the balls to confront me but like most of these people they are all talk and no action.

Sadly no way of properly securing her in the backseat, and the trunk is closed so that will just be uncomfortable

She'll just rest on the blanket, but fuck me if I'm not worried what will happen if there is an accident. I rarely bring her tho, and if we're ever going anywhere while bringing her we'll just use my parents cars, both of which can allow a secure, solid cage in the boot

cute doggo

Have a good doge who just likes to chill. Doesn't shed either so no hair.

that looks pretty cool

im in a pickup but this girl is small enough that i just have her in the front

Normally put a blanket down in the front seat for this lady, still scared as fuck I'll get in an accident

I fucking wish that guy walking his dog would have shot him, he would've done a great service to society.

Thank you.

Man. I desperately want a dog, but
>dorm
Fugggggg

I used to have one of those
>tfw little white hairs everywhere

Cool doges but they get a lot of problems when they get older like certain purebreeds. Hopefully yours does good.

Unlike your Benz, that dog hasn't aged like fine milk. A very nice dog.

She is good for her age
12 years, no damage or problems, passed all her inspections with no issue... I wish my car was more like her

Just a towel like everyone else, I might get a kennel if I had a nice car

I wish I had gotten a dog instead when my cat kicked the bucket.

He just sits in the passenger seat because I don't really have any interior

>they get a lot of problems when they get older
Yeah she's 7. My last dalmatian died at 13. Most of the health problems are kidney and liver related, and typically with males. She's on a low protein diet which helps. Choosing a reputable breeder will go a long way to ensuring a healthy dog. The BYBs did a lot of damage to the breed and thier reputation during the Disney years however.
>little white hairs
Oh fuck yes. Rarely do you see the black ones.
>hopefully yours does good
Thanks. She's healthy as can be, and comes from great stock, I think she's got several years left.

Your dog will die during your lifetime

Not if you live like I do.

I'll give it a 50/50 shot my younger doge dies before me.

So will ICE's, most likely

You will also die during your lifetime.

Naw you see, I'm kinda thinking about living forever, or at least over my lifetime.