pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084

>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ajVc-uwdJ0Y
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703761/page/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ehh 20 minutes 0 replies. ded game

Content Update 2.3.3 is a patch that's exclusively devoted to introducing a new performance feature for players to beta test. This feature should improve frame rate significantly where there is a lot action on the screen. Jonathan, our Technical Director, has created a video showing off the improvements that are possible.

youtu.be/ajVc-uwdJ0Y

When we launched Path of Exile 2.3.0 alongside the Prophecy Leagues, we added multithreading to the game client in the form of concurrent resource loading. Until now, though, we didn't have multithreading for regular gameplay. (Multithreading is where multiple CPU cores are used simultaneously to perform different tasks, improving the game's performance).

In 2.3.3 we will be adding a command-line option that will let you turn on frame multithreading. This feature allows the game to use more of your CPU cores for regular gameplay. We hope to have this feature enabled for all users in 2.4.0.

As shown in the video, in high action situations we have seen performance improvements of more than 2x the regular frame rate when bound by CPU performance.

This is the second round of our performance-focused improvements, but we are not done yet. We still have a port to D3D11 and much more planned for the future.

>he still believes GGG lies

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703761/page/1
this is the race I'm most excited about

>Atlas of Worlds

>she sees your merveil kill time

28-ish minute here, died to fire fury and had to reroll, lost 3 minutes, still not used to prisoner's gate and past areas layouts, lost another 2 minutes there

>mfw trying to listen to the podcast with zeno

A thirty year old manchild that spouts memes, as he tongues the asshole of a GGG employee. What's not to love?

i really hope they don't go through with porting poe to dx11. dx11 runs like shit on amd cards. that would be a really retarded thing to do after going through all the effort to improve performance to then to and fuck over 30% of the playerbase with deprecated tier dx11 bullshit

didn't understand a single word of your nerd rant but you seem upset

I doubt they'll drop DX9 support.

yeah but in a few years dx9 games will look like a joke. porting to dx11 is just a really dumb thing to do with dx12 and vulkan currently available.

the engine was built 8 years ago because they didn't want to pay for one. the game already doesn't work for a third of the people that try it. of course theyll you fuck over. number of employees working on support uniques to performance issues is 10:1

>in a few years
you're a joke, ggg can't even look 3 months ahead

>If about 10 years ago you had all the knowledge about game development you have right now would you still develop your own game engine (like now) or use an external one (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine, CryEngine, whatever) and why?
"We'd still have developed our own one because ten years ago, there were no commercial game engines appropriate for our needs."

It also makes sense to start from scratch in a project you're planning to gradually improve on for years rather than waste time and money on a pre-built engine you need to work around rather than build upon.

kinda. in another interview (probly an AMA) c. wilson said they couldn't afforf an engine at the time, which is closer to the truth. if you give a fuck you also pay people to maintain and update your engine. you also budget in reworking for serious before 10 fucking years (and people with high end machines simply not being able to run your game). finding people to work on their spaghetti bullshit now is impossible. finding someone who has worked with, i dunno, unreal is pretty easy.

That's what you get for playing a kiwi developed game with all the stupid work laws in NZ as opposed to a big game from a big company located in the US. We all signed up for this.

when the largest game developer in NZ closed last year there were many people available. GGG announced they had made new hires; the majority working on their backlog of supporter unqiues. This has been pretty obvious the last 2 leagues. But, yeah, existing in a kiwi vanity project is pretty demoralizing.

OH SHIT BOYS

This just in, accidentally leaked from the new patch video GGG just put up.

Apparently, new expansion will be called "Atlas of Worlds".

Something to do with maps, most likely?

Discuss

>DX11 64bit PoE client
Finally.

I don't even play this game

the fuck's an anime?

I think they'll remove map tiers.

How viable is Lightning Ball in the current meta?

it's alright

the current meta is "gorge run under 2 mins"
if you can do that with bl then it's a good build

Do you guys know how to quote someone? I know you do, fuckers.

>New to PoE
>doing hardcore mode
>overleveled a little bit just to be safe
>get some multistep prophecy
>walking through the woods
>a ring of ancient spirits pop up encircling me
>suddenly a horde of zombies pop up right around me, unable to move
>the spirits all shoot the missiles the siren queen fires at the same time
>I get instagibbed

Can someone explain to me how I was supposed to survive that? The game just instaganked me, through my stacked health regen, good energy shield, and stacked resists

You're wasting your time.

Slayer/Headsman will scale the size of the obliteration corpse explosions (if carcass jack does..), right?

learn how to flask

I believe in the economy of (You)'s

disregarding for a moment how retarded a slayer class is for a wander, sure

mapping in public groups might actually be fun now without all the shitlag. might have to unretire for this

>unretire

please kill yourself

lol poor people

I JUST GIVE THEM AWAY LOL

HERE HAVE ANOTHER ONE LOLOL

P O O R
O
O
R

I don't know if it's a new meme or what but it really pisses me off.

*reunretire

i want that aoe

@149650946

:^)

Boy I sure love cock

Christ Flame Totem is disgustingly easy to use early on after you finish mid Act 3

it falls off in merciless

>pvp players want to keep their builds secret
>they literally post build guides in pvp forums
ggg is so dumb lmao

what do you guys think of the people stacking a lot of attack speed on whirling blades to have a faster clearspeed? it seems really interesting how even on caster builds a build that invests into attack speed instead of on damage can clear faster than a regular one, although I have seen it mostly be done with CoC cyclone/scharge which does benefit from the attack speed.
I personally tried it and there's nothing that feels faster than whirling blades with >300% increased attack speed

God damn Inya in the uber labyrinth room is OP.

just kill her in merc lab

if they're changing channeled skills, does that mean they're changing incinerate, flameblast, lightning tendrils and wither?

Doesn't help that character, but yeah. GGG is still shit at level scaling I guess.

they're not changing anything except adding channeling as a keyword so they can add effects such as "does x when channeling" on uniques and shit
and rory mentioned that tendrils isn't even a true channeling spell so it won't be affected by this

they should get rid of the "repeats 4 times" in tendies and just treat them as a channeling skill

What happened to the Veeky Forums guild?

I don't wanna play alone, at least having people wot shitpost with in /g is comfy.

it still exists, post your IGN if you want an invite but we might be full, I'm not sure.
Also right now there's barely anyone online, league is p much dead

im on steam and idk what my username is, can you just post yours and ill msg you?

just post your character name, any character on your account

Boss_Of_This_Gym_

Please tell me there's a """good""" league coming up SOON

there is a good league coming up SOON

>multithreading

ah yes because that will go over well, just like the loading changes

prepare for gamebreaking bugs for the rest of the year

might as well not even bother because HC will be impossible just like it is already

let's talk about totems, poeg
which one and why

Haven't played since act 3 was the cap, about to do a pretty blind hardcore run. Any of the act 4 bosses in particular have 1 shot mechanics?

Am i gonna get my boipucci wrekt?

flame totems are decent but they are shit early and also fall off in late game
SWT are really solid, people played more before ascendancy but now nobody is playing them. You go crit, obviously, EB MoM and use vaal clarity to help with the high mana cost. Probably use carcass jack as well, they're really satisfying to play, nothing better than screenwide shatter.
Bladefall totems are pretty solid as well specially for leveling, the AoE is subpar but they have better damage then SWT
Spark totems probably still work fairly well but they're far from being a top tier build
I personally really hate RF totems since they're AoE is too small and the burning doesn't stack, some people say they're decent but I say flame totems beat RF totems in every way
Incinerate totems still work but are inferior to flame totems as well
Ancestral warchief is really strong, has retarded amount of damage and melee damage on full life uses your life so you can stay away at full life while they wack enemies into oblivion. They work on their own and also work to support earthquake builds.
Siege ballista is okay-ish, I haven't really tested it, it looks ok but not better than just using a regular bow skill
yeah you should look up some of the bosses, although they are nerfed now they can be dangerous.
Voll has some 1shot potential but he's really easy to dodge
daresso doesn't have 1shot moves but he has powerful burst, probably one of the most dangerous fight in a4
demon piety has a laser that deals really high damage, if it doesn't oneshot you it should come close, she spins around so you have to run in circles. Don't get hit by it
malachai has 2 oneshot moves, a slow charged slam and a teleport slam, both of them are telegraphed and easy to dodge, just take care cause there's so much shit going on in that arena, I'd say the projectiles he shoot are more dangerous.

Also, in kaoms dream there's a boss that spawns in the way named something like triskeriarki, he's a blue/purple monster with 3 tails that emerge from the ground, take care with that guy cause you just can't tank the projectiles from his tails, he can fuck up even the tankiest character, I wouldn't even try to fight him, just skip him cause he's really dangerous

How the fuck do I start the labyrinth? There's no map device in the eternal laboratory; just a stupid book.

don't ask here. you'll awaken the shitposter

she's trivial for any non-shit build, just don't stand on the book and wait for it to explode like a moron

labyrinth is in a3

I assume you go either assassin or occultist, right

has anyone here made a racing loot filter yet? i've been improving my times but it seems I still just lose too much time scanning drops rather than picking up what's important and going fast, esp. in descent races

for what? SWT?
I personally played it with assassin and it was really good capping crit with low investment while using controlled destruction, occultist is good because really helps sustaining ES with EB MoM, inquisitor can work as well if you use PtL, hatred and added fire. Don't use PtL or added fire if you're not inquisitor thought, with no penetration they're not very good. Hatred is ok cause there's no aura that can help with the phys damage better than that and shattering enemies is fairly good, no corpses means having to care less about DD/vaal DD from bameth/tormented vaal cultist/boxes and also fixes other problems like porcupines and freezes trash mobs

they're garbage in the current meta.
if you're afraid of reflect, go chaos or traps.

What is the objectively worst skill in the game?

this game is boring

chance to flee support

your face is boring

i unironically like this new meme of not quoting the post you're replying to

rejuvenation totem
vaal arc if you include vaal skills

so do i to be honest

i brought that meme here, a gift from another general
how easy it is to manipulate the weak hearts of poetards

well it's pretty obvious the autists here literally never leave this general or play any other games

overslept and missed the two descent races of today -_-

Can anyone link a good cyclone/EQ build?

there are a lot of them in the forums, why don't you try looking there

>DX11
but how will all the BRs and russians play?
and my toaster

What are we holding onto, user?

So is the general dying due to a shit game or is it shit players?

How much can i sell silver coins for in the prophecy league?

Chaos or GCP

poe.trade

Just came in here for the first time. The game is getting better and better. I don't really know if the general is dying.
I've been playing for 5 years now and I'm having the time of my life.

These prices for silver coins are retarded. No one would pay 2 chaos for a single coin.

(if you want to contact me i have like 100)

So what's a GCP going for in prophecy?

I don't even trade in std but I need GCPs.

are you retarded? do you not even know how to use poe.trade? fucking retard

based

I've been playing selffound since closed beta m8.

I don't know shit about prices. The only price I know about is GCP in standard.

100% selffound since closed beta.

Only sharing items with my friends. I have a few 90+s